Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

BERGfu posted:

Well that's just too bad
If it helps, there was a guy on the Egosoft forums translating a German review that was bitching about the dialogue and story.

quote:

Update November 28th:

Since the last posting we have released two more updates 1.16 and 1.17. These two mostly focussed on improving stability and fixed a couple of bugs related to the non working trade offers. See release notes for details:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=347278

Trade bugs

It turned out that the issues many of you are seeing with trade ships not working correctly is not one bug but a whole series of connected problems. After resolving the first issue with 1.17, more problems became apparent. This is the reason we are now testing the next patch 1.18 a lot longer than the other patches. We can not afford a very indepth test at this time, because too many of you are waiting for this fix, but things are looking good and chances are that this update will be available before the weekend.

I do not want to give silly excuses here. Of course you deserve a bug free game, but you may ask why these trade problems were not uncovered during testing: We had a group of testers dedicated to testing our economy over a long period of time. These guys used a special version of the game which allowed them to run the entire economy at a higher speed. It seems that most of these problems we now see did not happen with this time acceleration. Meanwhile these problems also do not happen early on in the game or if you (like most testers do) have to restart the game frequently.

Other features coming up next

• Fixed several causes of crashes in-game and when loading savegames.
• Fixed a specific problem resulting in periodic slow-downs.
• Improved general performance (first small improvement only, more to come).
• Fixed several problems with ship/drone docking/undocking behaviour.
• Fixed problem with player drone formations.
• Fixed several small localisation issues.
• Improved skill levels for new NPCs.
• Improved readability of entries in interaction menus.
• Improved GPU listing on laptops with multiple GPUs (still some driver-related issues on certain hardware).

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Leal posted:

Is this something that can happen in a completely untouched game? In TC I'm playing it without mods (I need my achievements :shepicide:) and there is this random mammoth flying around Senators Badlands. The Yaki leave it well enough alone, I can't really do anything with the ship either.

A mammoth is fine. You'll know when stars are right and .cats are wrong. :getin:

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

That stuff about testers playing the game with time dilation is loving bullshit. Why wouldn't they have tested the game how people were actually going to play it? Almost everyone had this problem. Also haven't they said some kind of SETA isn't possible?

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

BastardySkull posted:

That stuff about testers playing the game with time dilation is loving bullshit. Why wouldn't they have tested the game how people were actually going to play it? Almost everyone had this problem. Also haven't they said some kind of SETA isn't possible?

Companies always try to save money in QA. It always back fires. This doesn't just apply to game companies.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BastardySkull posted:

Actually they show a video with time acceleration as part of their dev diaries, it isn't that it's impossible, it's that they don't want to put it in the game.

Hamsalad
May 28, 2007
i am torgo
So I have had X3 and TC in my steam library for some time but never really played them past like 30 minutes, and since its the autumn steam sale AP is on sale for 5 bucks. Should I just pick up AP and never look back or start with the ones I already have? Not really looking for a good story, just the best first time experience for a total X series noob.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Hamsalad posted:

So I have had X3 and TC in my steam library for some time but never really played them past like 30 minutes, and since its the autumn steam sale AP is on sale for 5 bucks. Should I just pick up AP and never look back or start with the ones I already have? Not really looking for a good story, just the best first time experience for a total X series noob.

Buy AP and never look back.

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003

DevNull posted:

Companies always try to save money in QA. It always back fires. This doesn't just apply to game companies.

Yeah and it is called open beta. If Egosoft didn't try so hard to be so tightassed about the game, they could have let the community QA it for them. Clearly they knew it was poo poo from the beginning.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I'm having trouble with the ADS mod, running on AP+XRM; it just won't work and I feel like I've tried everything. As soon as I hit the hotkey for 'attack my target', I hear multiple "mosquito missile removed", the ships then fly out of the TM and... do nothing. For whatever reason, they always default to 'retreat' instead of doing what I told them to do. No idea what's going on with the mosquito thing; I did put the missile defense on those ships, but I can't see how that's related to anything.

Is CODEA less of a pain to use? Because at this point I'm close to simply giving up on wings, like I did back in Terran Conflict.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

seravid posted:

Is CODEA less of a pain to use?

Haha NO

Codea does work, I have gotten it to work in at least two different games, but it is an order of magnitude more complicated than ADS at least.

I'd have to guess it is a conflict with XRM since it makes huge changes to the game. ADS isn't mentioned specifically as a compatible mod and CODEA has a compatibility patch.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
That's a shame. Taking over the universe alone with a fuckoff M6/M7 is fun but having dozens of minions at my command was the main reason I re-installed the game this time.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So is there a seperate thread for X Rebirth or are we using this one?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
We're still using this one it's just that the thread title is still appropriate, on the Rebirth front there's a beta patch available to fix the major trade bug.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
So apparently the ability to clear a ship's trade queue added in the last patch doesn't actually stop a trip from being stuck forever if they've already arrived at a location without cargolifter URVs. I'm not sure how they managed to make trading MORE cumbersome than in TC/AP, but they did.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Cheshire Cat posted:

So apparently the ability to clear a ship's trade queue added in the last patch doesn't actually stop a trip from being stuck forever if they've already arrived at a location without cargolifter URVs. I'm not sure how they managed to make trading MORE cumbersome than in TC/AP, but they did.

Even better, clearing the job doesn't refund the money, but we're currently waiting on the 1.18 patch to unfuck the economy, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
I preordered this game in my excitement, played for a few hours, then got to the mission where you have to deliver food to the outpost near that star. After spending a couple hours watching my trader helplessly bash itself against the station trying to get to the dock, I quit in frustration. Fast forward to today, I fire it back up and load my save immediately after escaping albion the second time. I go to retry the mission thinking that one of the 17 patches released since launch would have fixed my issue. After another hour of babysitting the trader, it gets near the station and I start thinking that I'll finally be able to move on with the story*BONK!*

Revolutionary ship-control AI... :smith:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Royal W posted:

While trade has been broken, I've been flying around and doing the combat missions. I've watched a lot of fighter squadrons and raiding parties bouncing around the edges of stations until they either slip inside the geometry or they bounce far enough out that I can shoot them without accidentally twatting the station.

So no, not much sign of AI. That they can bounce off stations without causing damage or the station to open fire is a worrying sign that they aren't fixing this.

Another worrying sign is that I've been causing pilots to eject from their fighters and the 'claim' option is greyed out. Not-implemented, or do I need an upgrade?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Hav posted:

Another worrying sign is that I've been causing pilots to eject from their fighters and the 'claim' option is greyed out. Not-implemented, or do I need an upgrade?

You need a hired pilot in passengers to claim them, it is implemented, but there's hardly any point. You can't repair small ships and they're worth nothing if you want to sell them.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Royal W posted:

I preordered this game in my excitement, played for a few hours, then got to the mission where you have to deliver food to the outpost near that star. After spending a couple hours watching my trader helplessly bash itself against the station trying to get to the dock, I quit in frustration. Fast forward to today, I fire it back up and load my save immediately after escaping albion the second time. I go to retry the mission thinking that one of the 17 patches released since launch would have fixed my issue. After another hour of babysitting the trader, it gets near the station and I start thinking that I'll finally be able to move on with the story*BONK!*

This is weird, cap ships don't have collision with stations or other cap ships, they should phase through. Did it actually bonk against the station, or did it line up with a docking port, move in and then immediately leave again?

EDIT: Are you using the Gigurum? You could try doing it OOS but you may be poo poo out of luck here, non-capital ships are hopelessly broken currently. You should get a Rahanas in Darned Hot Air (along the 42 Ways highway from Gushing Springs)

Domattee fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 1, 2013

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Domattee posted:

This is weird, cap ships don't have collision with stations or other cap ships, they should phase through. Did it actually bonk against the station, or did it line up with a docking port, move in and then immediately leave again?

EDIT: Are you using the Gigurum? You could try doing it OOS but you may be poo poo out of luck here, non-capital ships are hopelessly broken currently. You should get a Rahanas in Darned Hot Air (along the 42 Ways highway from Gushing Springs)

I'm using the Gigurum. I'm at the point with this game where I'm fine just sitting on it until they un-gently caress it more, as opposed to finding ways to work around their problems.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Pyromancer posted:

You need a hired pilot in passengers to claim them, it is implemented, but there's hardly any point. You can't repair small ships and they're worth nothing if you want to sell them.

Is that what pilots are for? They're one of the many NPCs you can hire, but what most of them actually do is not explained anywhere that I could find.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Domattee posted:

Scaldis [sic] is better than a Rahanas, because it isn't typed for cargo, and you'll be knee-deep in Rahanas once you start the Dandy Highwayman activity in Plutarch Space. Or you would be if the economy being dead wasn't resulting in a bunch of stacked up freighters waiting to load/unload forever.

Nathan Tanaka does those in DHA; far right shipyard as you come off the highway.

Pyromancer posted:

That feels sub-optimal, but explains pilots. Is the crew pool infinite? I've been moving around a lot exploring, but haven't noticed refills for the people I hire.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

I just sell Rahanas I don't need, and the Scaldis has less container storage than the appropriate Rahanas and container is almost everything that isn't mining or energy cells.

Hirable crew are randomized and respawn, Shipdealers are persistent within a game but have randomized names across games

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Speaking about CODEA, I installed these mods and scripts the other day (If the TIMG is too small)using the Plugin Manager. I tested it out by starting a Custom Game > X-Universe. In-game, I received a message stating that I needed CODEA Weapons System Libraries 3.8.03 but the only version I can see that is current would be for 3.3.11.

Any assistance would be helpful because this is my first time playing X3 and I'm way out of my depth here.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

AmyL posted:

Speaking about CODEA, I installed these mods and scripts the other day (If the TIMG is too small)using the Plugin Manager. I tested it out by starting a Custom Game > X-Universe. In-game, I received a message stating that I needed CODEA Weapons System Libraries 3.8.03 but the only version I can see that is current would be for 3.3.11.

Any assistance would be helpful because this is my first time playing X3 and I'm way out of my depth here.

Here is 3.8.04 from Lucike's website.

http://www.xuniversum.info/download/x3_tc/scripts/Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC_V3804.zip

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Running a modded version of AP (without xrm). After setting up in savage spur, i started deploying adv sats and turned on the SEWN. Awesome right? Sorta. Ships are dumber than dirt and autopilot themselves into things. In sector I ordered a 5 corvette, 2 frigate wing against a pirate base. I took two corvette losses from them literally running into the base and exploding.

There are no words.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

Running a modded version of AP (without xrm). After setting up in savage spur, i started deploying adv sats and turned on the SEWN. Awesome right? Sorta. Ships are dumber than dirt and autopilot themselves into things. In sector I ordered a 5 corvette, 2 frigate wing against a pirate base. I took two corvette losses from them literally running into the base and exploding.

There are no words.

Get bounce.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

There are no words.

Wait till you do this one final fury mission

You have to destroy a kha'ak station and this entire NPC fleet shows up to do it. It comes with a lot of fighters, possibly over 20 and at least 8 bombers. The mission ended with me putting something heavy on the fire button and turning on my ps3 cause all the ships rammed themselves into the kha'ak station till they died and the corvette that is also a part of the NPC fleet was doing god knows what elsewhere in the sector. Lots of free missiles I guess

Really it just amazes me that the AI for "attack this stationary object" is "engage it like its a moving object" so they are constantly flying around and often into whatever they're trying to destroy.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

Really it just amazes me that the AI for "attack this stationary object" is "engage it like its a moving object" so they are constantly flying around and often into whatever they're trying to destroy.

I think they kept that in for Rebirth, so it's not all bad news.

wait...

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Vatek posted:

Get bounce.

Bounce relies on the author creating custom 'nodes' relative to the center of the object custom bounding boxes that ships avoid as they approach (I think). I'm fairly certain that these boxes were only created for large ships. You can check the XML file where the author defines the nodes, there's nothing for stations. I looked into this because on station defense missions pirate M5s were suiciding into the station hull while I had bounce on.

So yeah, I don't think Bounce fixes this at all unfortunately. In ship to ship combat I'm sure it's a big help.

Edit:

I checked again, edited for accuracy and found that yup, no stations in the list. It does include orbital defense platforms and some Yaki mobile pirate bases, but not your run of the mill station.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 2, 2013

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
Bounce has a script that will generate collision meshes for non-vanilla objects.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Bounce has a script that will generate collision meshes for non-vanilla objects.

Hmmm, that sounds pretty cool actually, I'm going to dig a bit deeper.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

I already have Befehlsbibliothekbut installed when I try to run CODEA Weapons System Libraries, it tells me that I need 3.8.04 for CODEA Weapons System Libraries.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Leal posted:

In X2 the AI was "kill yourself by flying straight into enemy ship", and that was when they were still so twitchy they could turn and change direction on a dime. That game had the worst combat in the entire series and something like 90% of fights would end with the AI ramming you and exploding.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

AmyL posted:

I already have Befehlsbibliothekbut installed when I try to run CODEA Weapons System Libraries, it tells me that I need 3.8.04 for CODEA Weapons System Libraries.

I really don't know then, thats the only thing listed as a required command library on Lucike's site. I don't remember any special library needed for CODEA specifically, but I don't speak German so I really can't tell from his website.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Ice Fist posted:

Bounce relies on the author creating custom 'nodes' relative to the center of the object custom bounding boxes that ships avoid as they approach (I think). I'm fairly certain that these boxes were only created for large ships. You can check the XML file where the author defines the nodes, there's nothing for stations. I looked into this because on station defense missions pirate M5s were suiciding into the station hull while I had bounce on.

So yeah, I don't think Bounce fixes this at all unfortunately. In ship to ship combat I'm sure it's a big help.

Edit:

I checked again, edited for accuracy and found that yup, no stations in the list. It does include orbital defense platforms and some Yaki mobile pirate bases, but not your run of the mill station.

Bounce should work. I'm surprised you aren't using it since like MARS it's pretty much mandatory.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Is there any way to get borderless windows in X:R?

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Master of the Duncspawn Taint

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I really don't know then, thats the only thing listed as a required command library on Lucike's site. I don't remember any special library needed for CODEA specifically, but I don't speak German so I really can't tell from his website.

It needs military transport too.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
My special fancypants collector's edition showed up over the weekend. They included a French manual. On the bright side, the flashlight is probably brighter than the frigging sun.

Also, Germany or wherever uses weird looking stamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

lightpole posted:

Bounce should work. I'm surprised you aren't using it since like MARS it's pretty much mandatory.

I am using it. I just have yet to see any indication that it works on stations based on my own confirmation bias with M5s crashing into stations I'm defending and the little bit of digging I did into the mod's script files. Based on a previous post I might be wrong though and I'm digging through the script to see what the deal is.

• Locked thread