Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mr. Clean

Thanks for the heads up, not sure how I missed that. Sorry.

Pretty much any type of hole in this part of time you can think of is easily yours for about 100 nuyen a night. Just take your pick and let me know.

You recall a few details regarding a few security protocols you've scanned in the past for Asian branches of S-K. Magical security is understated, but formidable. Mundane security is employed first, with magical units covertly setting up at final exit points, ready to ambush with spirits and combat mages. Physical and astral barriers are employed at engagement. Astral stalking is also used when a break-in is noticed early on. Protocol usually allows for intruders to be covertly watched by camera/magic in an attempt to learn their objective and possibly who the employer is. No mercy, no prisoners. Security response teams are usually well-cybered and will usually wait to strike when the team has left the building proper in an attempt to minimize collateral damage.

As far as tactics go, it depends. If the package is indeed located on the 13th floor, escape through stairs or elevators is risky to suicidal. Rappelling or base jumping is risky, but probably a better choice. You figure your limited magical support could be best spent in a support role, bolstering the team while commanding a spirit, or, if they are willing to risk the drain of summoning and binding, multiple spirits. A speedy escape trumps winning the fight here.

Blitz

Make a quick Assensing check.

At a glance, the outside grounds of the building have minimal, if any magical security. Like most corps, S-K does employ the use of Hell-Hounds at night; you see 5 of them leisurely patrolling the grounds. If they can see into the astral, they don't seem to acknowledge you. Drifting around the building, you do see a few small spheres every few floors encompassing various rooms, probably mana barriers.

Mad Dog

Boss

"Look, I can help you out if there absolutely is no other choice, but I need to stay as far away from whatever business you're involved in there. Didn't you Johnson make any offer for reimbursement or acquiring the goods himself? You really should ask him first if not. Get back to me if you get stuck."

Matilda

"Yeah, I can probably get ahold of whatever you need. Got a noisy job going? Anyway, I can get you some decent stuff by three days time, but anything heavy duty is probably gonna take a little longer."

Minjun Young "Rigged Deck"

Hack on the Fly Grid Hop defense: 11d6t5 5

Barely.

Host Defense against HotF: 12d6t5 4

No trouble grabbing the mark. You easily slip into the host; a giant steel pyramid covered in red and white flashing lights. You look around covertly, doing your best to remain inconspicuous while still being attentive to anything unusual.

Matrix Perception Opposed Test: 12d6t5 7

Ouch. At first glance, you don't notice anything running silently that you might like to exploit, and the basic metadata in the node seems well hidden as well. You do, however, see the node that would allow you to enter and edit legitimate appointments. It wouldn't make much sense for a system like that to run silently, perhaps to the detriment of S-K.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Capstick

Letting Blitz speak his piece, then chiming in. "A clean job is ideal, but unlikely. I wouldn't be here if Mr Kim thought there was a chance of that, assuming he knows what he is doing. I do two things well, hunting and running. Why would he bring me on if he didn't think one of the two would be nessary? I think our best chance is to get in clean as possible and get out under the cover of a good diversion. If I can get the package into the sewers I assure you that no one who followers me there is going to come out alive."

"The problem as I see it, is finding the location of targets one and two, and getting into the building with enough time to secure them. I could carry the entire 50kg casing with out issue, but the bulk would slow me down to an unacceptable level. If we don't have time to remove target one from the housing, I would need to almost immediately turn it over to someone if I were to engage our pursuers in the sewer." Niles pauses to take another drink and looks off into the middle distance, you get the idea that he would like few things more then the chance to hunt a HTR team in a dark sewer.

"Before we go any further, we should decide if target two is worth pursuing. Any cover that gets us access to a mainframe is unlikely to provide access to an executive office, but again, this is outside of my area of expertise. "

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

assensing: 6d6t5 0 really not good at rolls lately

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"If we can somehow manage to get in undetected, I'd say to go for the bonus money. I'd imagine that having too many people crowding in for the main objective can't be good, so we could always have someone else go for the secondary objective at the same time. Or we could check out the office and see if we can get a clue to the part's location that way." She shrugs. "Oh yeah, I got a response. Who's our explosives guy and what do you need? You know, just in case Kim doesn't approve our request."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Rigged Deck looks around, nods satisfied to himself, then enters the node. He was, after all, a completely legitimate user! Or at least, looked enough like one and faded away enough into the background to SEEM like one. Once inside he begins scanning the node, searching for the file to be edited.

Change a program to Baby Monitor to check OS score, then back. Entering node, looking for applicable file.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

OS is 9.

You find the file easily enough. A simple node resembling a computer monitor asking for information such as names, dates, appointments and such. You'll need to decrypt it, however, but the file is definitely in that node somewhere.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 22, 2013

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Blitz

Nothin'. You catch the 5 hellhounds wandering the grounds, but you don't pick up any sign of active magical security, although you're sure there must be some around here.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Time to get to work then.

Rigged nods at the file, inputting a single password - while quietly, mentally testing it for many until he gets the right one. Once in, he's relatively easy to remove the protection, though he's careful to scan first for data bombs - paranoia always pays off. Satisfied (assuming there are none or he picks up none), he accesses the file and adds a new appointment for mid-afternoon, giving the front door crew plenty of time to arrive early.

Before leaving, he scans for something else useful - a floor plan.

Hack on the Fly: Mark File: 20d6t5 9
Limited to 7
Switch Sleaze and Attack, change programs from Stealth to Decryption
Crack File: 16d6t5 6
Switch Attack and Data Processing, change Decryption to Edit
Matrix: Perception: 12d6t5 2
Edit File: 15d6t5 7

I am relatively confident in all but that matrix perception to catch any data bombs. OH WELL! Only the first two actions would build OS so I'm feelin' pretty safe, watch as that bites me on the rear end.

A QUESTION!

The cyberholster - does it hide the gun from scanners? Or would scanners pick up "TOTALLY A loving GUN IN THERE!" meaning no using it to sneak a pistol into the corp?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
Fashionably late for his own party of sorts, Mr. Clean walks into Studio 65 in a immaculate white suit, black tie. He makes his way up to the VIP while having a small window playback Capstick's recon in his cybereyes. He orders a bottle of Dom and grabs a seat. "Sorry I was late, I got caught up with the locals. So I reviewed Capstick's cybereye feed, good work. We need a floor plan to make good our entry and escape but the thing is the security. We have that one blindspot in the sensor grid where cameras aren't watching with all that vegetation and poo poo growing in the back. Thats our way in. Its either an oversight or intentionally put there cause S-K likes to let you in, let you run around a bit and then hit you. Either way it doesn't matter." Clean pours himself a glass of the dom and thinks for a moment. "So the security. You'll have normal corpsec and physical barriers like capstick saw as the first line. If the intrusion is noted and you've gotten past those initial barriers, they will let it take its course like I said. After they track you a bit astrally and via cameras to figure out what your objective and likely options for egress, they will put their magical guys to lock down the exits. They will try and terminate you either at the exits or as soon as you have exited the building proper to minimize collateral damage."

"Collateral damage is provided by a S-K SRT team which may or may not have S-K black ops leading them or "on leave" doing a cycle with SRT to familiarize themselves with their counterparts in corp sec. Around these parts they fly the Nissan Hound almost exclusively, the weapon mounts on port and starboard sides have machineguns on them. They drop off 2 4 man fireteams near the zone and a sniper or two or a nearby rooftop then orbit the zone providing firesupport. You step out the front door and they'll light your poo poo up. That said, there's one trick you can pull up your sleeve that they don't expect in a major city. Strela Blok."

Mr. Clean sends everyone a invite mark to their commlinks to invite them to a little conference. Once they are in a schematic props up. "This is old school turf that some ex-Spetsnaz Vory put me onto. This tricks been catching guys slipping since the 70s, the 1970s mind you. Get yourself a shoulder fired anti air missle, put it on a time delay near an airfield or in this case S-K prime regional HQ where the SRT team is stationed and walk away. Cruder versions listen for the sound of a jet engine or helicopter and launches the missile as soon as it notices the target getting farther away. A wireless trigger hooked up to a webcam could suffice for us easily. We get Kim to front us some army surplus gear and we just put it on a rooftop or put it on the side of a building. They'll be airborne within 5-10 minutes of an alarm going off at the building and even if they dodge the missile they will put the chopper down some distance away from us in fear of another anti air attack. SRT guys are ballsy but the pilots aren't trying to die. That takes care of SRT and diverts attention away from us for a bit. Alternatively I am trained in heavy weapons though grenade launchers are more my thing. I can fire one decently but then I'd want some reloads."

"That covers security, lets talk about actually getting in here instead of blowing everything away. I need the floor plan to best determine how we get in but the way I figure it we should split the team. Me and Capstick go over the wall through the gap in their cameras whilst Russo and Blitz see about getting in with fake SINs/uniforms of some form and impersonate either security staff or custodial staff. We just need them to let us in. After that we need to flow like water to the primary objectives and the secondary if we can swing it. Getting bogged down in this place will be the death of us. Get inside the elevator shaft and ride it up that way might be an option. So might be the classic approach of vents but as you get closer to the main project, its more likely that they'll be rigged with motion sensors of some kind. Egress should be rappelling off the side of the building terminating in an approach to the sewers or if things go exceedingly well, a lovely van that no one will notice a few blocks away. This might work better though."

A brochure pulls up for office spaces near the S-K building. "So I can rent us a floor on an office building under a shell company. Order some building materials to be shipped, furnitures, computers, etc. Also conveniently a few worker uniforms for us and stuff. We do our job, we hightail it to the basement entrace to the office on street level, get up to our new home and lay low for a couple of hours or the night. Hide in plain sight then walk out when we feel like it in coveralls as a bunch of IT types that were hooking up the matrix access and putting together cubicles."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Amalia accepts Clean's AR invite and scoffs when he mentions her last name in passing. Looks like the guy had some good intel from somewhere. "Sounds good to me, but what are we planning on doing if they have some sort of tracker attached to the part? Should we get a tag eraser or one of those chicken-wire cages or what? And what about magical tracking? Not that I can do anything about all that, I'm just bringing it up. Also, custodial might be better. We can show up at night and not stand out too much. Just gotta find their entrance. And besides, most security staff will be familiar with each other, so we might get busted right away even if our IDs are all clear."

She levels a finger at Mr. Clean momentarily. "Oh yeah, you never answered my question. What sort of boomy stuff do you need? You might as well try and get a grenade launcher or whatever if you're going to be overwatch once things get loud, anyways. Oh yeah, make a list for Kim and send it off, if you don't mind. See what he's cool with getting us. All I really want added for me is a sniper rifle, but I don't know if I'll use it since I'll be on the inside team. Eh, ask for it anyways. I don't feel bad for wasting that guy's money. Oh yeah, maybe some shock gloves and coveralls?"

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Her expression brightens up considerably. "We should all get themed ballistic masks! Or at least some sort of masks to conceal our faces at some point. I've got a dog-looking one already, so you guys should get different animals or something!"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
"Custodial works but Security allows for better access. Also they don't know each other that drat well and security does get complacent/lazy. Its another 12 hours shift that they wanna breeze past. They will do what their duties requires including being anal about the details they have to be but unless you give them a reason to look at you sideways, they will take the stance of "gently caress if I know, I just work here" about anything requiring a thought. Just look like you belong, follow their procedures, and play it cool. Also I have an ares alpha with the underbarrel GL and my own stash of grenades. Get me a couple kilos of military grade plastique and if we want to go full frontal like I'm proposing, I'm going to need a aztech striker with AV rockets and a external smartgun rig, Thermographic vision mod. If you can snag me guided missles even better."

The Bible
May 8, 2010

HotF Defense: 12d6t5 3

No problem on the mark.

Crack Defense: 12d6t5 4

Close call on the crack, but you get in.

Matrix Perception Opposed Roll: 12d6t5 6

No Data Bombs that you can see... But why would a public node like this be rigged with Data Bombs? Right?

Edit File Opposed Roll: 14d6t5 1

You edit the poo poo out of that file. Appointment entered. All in all, a pretty clean Matrix run.

As to your question, I'd have to assume that since cyberholsters are almost exclusively made for shadowrunners, they would surely have some sort of defense built in against MAD scanners and the like. I'll treat them as rating 4 against a MAD scanner. And I agree with what you said earlier, this is a pretty fast way to handle non-combat Matrix actions, let's keep this type of thing up.

I'll post up the floorplan when I get home.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

Niles listens to Mr Cleans, plan nodding in agreement. "My problems are two, neither deal breakers. One, we fragment the team that much, we risk getting someone getting in trouble and being too cut off to be rescued without endangering the mission. If we do this, time to talk about expectation of rescuer and what acceptable personal risk is." "Two, I don't like the idea of holding up that close, I vote we plan on using the sewers. Almost all their advantages disappear once we get underground. Were I playing to draw, I could keep a team down there running in circles for hours. With some prep and some additional firepower, it would be like hunting lion over bait. "

"As for gear, most if what I need is reasonable common climbing gear, I just would rather not burn a fake sin to buy it. Some spray glue and grenades to rig traps in the sewers with would be nice, but not essential. I can provide a list tomorrow morning."

so, tomorrow I am driving for like 9 hours during the day. Should be able to post after 10pm Central. I will be free moats of Sunday night and next week for when. If the rest of you want to play this out Saturday, let me know and I can plan a few stops to post.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

As a note, basic legally obtainable stuff like climbing gear will certainly be provided without argument or question by Kim. The explosives and the rooftop will require a bit of negotiation.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"If you say so," she responds to Clean with a shrug. "Security it is, then. See if you can arrange the outfits for us, alright? Thanks."

She rattles out a message to Matty while she listens to Capstick.

Mad Dog posted:

Here, I got something.

"Get me a couple kilos of military grade plastique and... I'm going to need a aztech striker with AV rockets and a external smartgun rig, thermographic vision mod. If you can snag me guided missiles, even better."

Get me a quote and I'll send the dosh your way if we go with that.

"Speaking of sewers, I'm pretty handy in close quarters. If we get down there then we'll have a pretty big advantage."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Rigged Deck's eyes flicker as he gently leaves the Host, leaves the Grid, and transfers back to consciousness.

"We have an appointment to miss in mid-afternoon that some of us will be arriving early for, letting us walk right in through the door - and I got us the floor plan. Who's got a SIN that can hold up to a scan?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Amalia raises her hand timidly. "I've got a nice one, I guess. I'm not too eager to burn it, but if I'm headed on the inside then I'll take it. I'm just not too sure about the whole, uh..." She waves a hand in the air as she tries to come up with words. "Whole being sociable without being suspicious part. I can get nervous with words when I'm working a job, you know?" She shrugs and rubs an arm self-consciously. "Blitz, you can help handle that stuff, right?"

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 23, 2013

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

Melody Natler

Melody walks in, catching Mr. Clean's eyes by swirling around an empty glass. "Hey, putting a few Rusty Nails on your bill if you do not mind Mr. Clean," she glances at the rest of the crew before sitting down. "Heyyyyy Mr. Clean, you certainly made a clean sweep of the last one alright. With a long suffering sight, she tosses her blond hair over her shoulder in contempt, wondering if Mr. Clean got her message that she was coming in.

"Melody by the by and if you are wondering what I am doing here, well, Mr. Clean needed a specialist so here I am. Now chop chop, tell me what is going on so I can laugh and point at all the flaws in your plan."

She raises her glass with a smirk. "Cheers, carry on."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Amalia eyeballs the newcomer suspiciously. "We're walking in," she states unenthusiastically. "She's cool, right Clean?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Melody gets a nod even as Minjun searches for her on the Matrix - rebooting quickly first to drop the OS.

"If things go well we won't be burning them. My thought is we split in the two groups - but we don't walk in with uniforms. I'll be in group one, and we're walking in through the front door for our appointment. Once inside, I'll mess with the cameras - edit them into a loop - so as far as anyone knows, we're just sitting there nice, quiet, and patient. See, getting IN as custodial staff, that might be difficult - they'll surely check us. Being custodial staff once we're ALREADY inside, that's much, much easier. Once things go to poo poo I crash the cameras entirely. Hopefully, even if they catch on that the cameras have been rigged, they won't know who did it, and whoever is in team front door just comes off as poor suckers stuck in a bad situation. By going in two groups we reduce the chance of all of us getting caught in one place - and we can provide support to each other if we run into problems."

Reboot Deck, Edit -> Browse
Matrix Search: Melodty: 10d6t5 4

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 28, 2013

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
"Hey Melody, glad you could make it. Yeah she's cool we worked together on a few jobs in Seattle. She's an infiltrator, she can do the talking for us." Mr. Clean sends off the list of required supplies to Mr. Kim via encrypted commlink

quote:

Observation of the client has determined the need for the following items.
2 Aztechnology Striker Missile Launchers with topmounted external smartlinks, thermographic vision mod in the scope.
2 Dual Mode (Infared/Dumb Fire) (Sensor Rating 4-6) ATGMs
Alternatively 2 RPG-47 or equivalent rockets (regular rear end AV rockets)
6kg of Military grade (Rating 6-10) Plastique preferably former North Korean army surplus which is easily acquired on the black market.

"Rigged Deck, can you fake basic SINs for the team. These do not need to pass heavy scrutiny, they just need not be flagged in the S-K security system as something to look at. In the event any of us do show up on the sensor grids, we should get a pass if we are showing as friendly unless we are in a restricted area. The plan thus far is bust in the gap in the camera network, hopping over the wall like russians trying to get out into berlin. I want Mad Dog and Melody to be our faces to walk in the front door as regular staff, possibly with rigged deck making it a trio. Go in, let us in, and otherwise facilitate the rest of the team getting up to the target floor. We snatch what we came for, we get his loving go board or w/e he wanted as a consolation prize, and we head out. I will be humping the Anti Tank missles to deal with any S-K HTR teams that fly in and blow them out the sky before they land. After that we bust through street level. S-K and any corp ever would expect the people who go full frontal to get as far away from the scene as possible. There are a couple office buildings for rent either right near the target or a couple of blocks down. I will fund from my pocket the rental of an office floor for a night, pay some guys to set up some audio/AR/video entertainment and throw an underground party. Us laying low will be under their noses, sipping patron and sniffing nova coke in a backroom playing cards while we wait on the heat to die down and leaving at 6AM with the rest of the ravers and stuff.

This also gives us time after the job to disassemble the package and store it in a very discreet stash of some sorts and sneak it out/pass any searches that are done. Thats plan A. Plan B is sewer rat, following the servers partway to a off the grid exit where we'll have a vehicle stashed for the getaway, terminating in a few boltholes we acquire strategically placed through various districts in the town. Plan C could be an aerial extraction on the rooftop of the place but that would likely involve turning off the sam sites that are on the roof. We'd also have to ask in the shadows for a chopper pilot for hire, probably ex special forces. And that'll be one more clue for S-K to follow up in the aftermath."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Rigged deck gives a low whistle.

"You want fake SINs, you need to talk to an outright organization. Hitting the SIN datastores isn't the sorta thing that's done as a solo job; those places are BEYOND secure. I can try to put up a forgery of their data signals, but any sort of check - and I do mean ANY - would show it as a fake. It's not really my area of expertise, but I can give it a try, if you want. If you want an actual SIN that can buy you a cup of ramyeon, you'll want to see one of the Seoulpa rings, the Yaks, or the Vory."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"I don't know about all that SIN stuff, but I'm down for crashing the gates with group one," Amalia chimes in, mashing a fist into her palm for emphasis. "I like the plan. Anyone know if we're missing anything? It sounds solid to me."

The Bible
May 8, 2010

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody Natler
"Incendiaries, acid, a truck or two, deer unless there are no deer available, then we have to go with sheep, poison, jammers, medical supplies, how many guards are during the shift we want to go in, any VIPs' to use to circumvent floor security, how far is the nearest police sub-station, finding out the weather for the next few days, see if we can isolate the floor to make sure that they can not send any distress calls, disabling magical security, making sure that we have a disposable hideout and ummmm, what else?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Mad Dog massages her temples as the list goes on. "Fuuuuuucccckkkk."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"I can check the guard schedule, but you'd need a jammer capable of taking out the entire floor if you want to isolate it. The whole network is just that - a network - all keyed in through the Host. Our best bet is to simply not get caught. As I said, I'll do all I can to handle cameras and network security, but that elevator goes right up into their corpsec lobby. Unless you got an idea for some sort of distraction to scare that heat elsewhere, those doors are going to open into a sea of guns. Now I can fire a pistol decently enough, but getting rid of the physical security is not my forte. Mind you, I ALSO dunno how long it'll take to crack our processor out of the computer, assuming you don't want to lug the hole drat computer down with us. Now, what I CAN do if we get a distraction to get those guards to another floor, is try to flat out shut down the elevator - I make it pop up with a few dozen warnings and maintenance errors and stop it from going up or down - but that's gonna be tricky. They detect anything going on Matrix-side and they'll have ice everywhere. 'Course, we could always say drek it, load up that elevator with enough munitions, and blast our way through the lobby. Just note that's gonna cut down on our timescale big time."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

She grips both temples with her hands and pulls down in exasperation. "Fuuuuuucccckkkk!" It takes a few seconds to calm down, parse over everything that could go wrong, and figure out what would be a good option. "Alright, how about you spring an alarm on a level we're not on, then shut down the elevator? Maybe pull a fire alarm somewhere? I know we kinda don't want investigators in there, but I figure someone will eventually find the giant gaping hole where one of their big things used to be. You could just make things really chaotic and lead them on a wild goose chase."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Mad Dog gets a wide grin and a thumbs up.

"Cause as much trouble as I can on a different floor, keep it chaotic, get them to want boots on the ground, then shut them inside. I like it. I should be able to mask it as a neo-anarchist attack to keep the from thinking we're after the computer parts."

Rigged Deck drums his fingers for a bit.

"Hmmm...once I get the guard schedule, pick a floor near 13 but with few guards, trick the cameras into thinking there's an intruder, then maybe spoof a call from one of the guards to get 13 to head down and help them geek the fraggin' anarchist - who ain't actually there, of course. While they buzz off, Team B heads up and meets with us, we jander on up, I shut the elevators down, and we work as fast as we can. Yeah, I think that'll work. Heavy munitions and arms should go with Team B since they don't gotta clear security. My arm should hide my pistol rather nice for if we hose, and I got a good ol' license for both the arm and the deck. Officially we're meeting to talk about subcontracting some Matrix security, so my deck'll look all nice and legal, and this is Seoul, nobody gonna look twice at chrome. How's this sound? Team A handles the entrance, Team B handles smuggling our stuff in and those folk who can't just jander about, and Team C is what all of us are if a heat wave hits?"

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Just letting you all know I'm still here. Just waiting for you to finish your plan, then talk to me about gear, etc you want from Kim.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Yeah, I like that! I'll go Team A since I've got my guns," she flexes facetiously, "and I can sniff out everything and make sure we don't smell like gunpowder or explosives or whatever. If they have heavy scanners and stuff, then I guess I'll only have the four shells in my arm and my sword. Otherwise I'll bring in some spare mags in case everything gets all broke dick. So which group is everyone else going with?"

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody Natler
She nods absentmindedly towards them, "Yes yes Mad Corgi, settle down. Also, gel rounds, some chloroform, lockpicks, poison or some-type of sleeping agent to take care of hellhounds, a toolkit, rope, handcart, plastic bags, um, anything else?" Melody glances at Mr. Clean, apparently the head of this merry group.

AmyL fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 2, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Pff. Corgi?" Amalia chews her lower lip and narrows her eyes at Melody as she tries to figure out if that was some sort of strange slight. She gives up as soon as more gear comes to mind. "How about grapple guns, stealth rope, and the little stick things that go with them that make them disintegrate?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"Stick'n'shock, heavy pistol, for me. Best we don't kill unless we absolutely need to. We want SK mad at our employer, not at us. And no reason to geek the wageslaves just because they're drek eatin' nobodies; they're killing themselves just fine. Some rappelling gloves too. Team B, I admit, I ain't sure how you're gonna get from the camera blind spot to the elevator. Is there basement access or a car park or anything?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Bible posted:

Just letting you all know I'm still here. Just waiting for you to finish your plan, then talk to me about gear, etc you want from Kim.

quote:

Observation of the client has determined the need for the following items.
2 Aztechnology Striker Missile Launchers with topmounted external smartlinks, thermographic vision mod in the scope.
2 Dual Mode (Infared/Dumb Fire) (Sensor Rating 4-6) ATGMs
Alternatively 2 RPG-47 or equivalent rockets (regular rear end AV rockets)
6kg of Military grade (Rating 6-10) Plastique preferably former North Korean army surplus which is easily acquired on the black market.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Kim

Kim wires back a short message.

No problem on the following items. Just name your drop site and show up there in about 8 hours. Dig around a little, you'll find it.

Heavy Pistol loaded with Stick 'n Shock ammo and extra clip
Rappelling gloves (2 pair)
2 Grapple guns
50 meters of Stealth Rope and whatever those sticks are called
5 clips of gel rounds(magazines, whatever, not sure what gun you wanted them for, but they're yours.)
Bottle of Chloroform
Full lockpick set and an autopicker (rating 6)
Light Crossbow with 4 Injection Bolts loaded with Narcojet
1 small but sturdy handcart
1 box of large ultra-strength plastic garbage bags.

Mr. Clean

The message continues.

"You don't ask for much, do you? Most of what you need will take too long to acquire, and the price would exceed your pay. Of course, I wouldn't ask you to undertake this without proper protection, so I will instead send the following.

If I had less sense, I would make the mistake of asking you just what in Heaven's name you have planned with such a list."

1 Aztechnology Striker Missile Launcher, used, with smartlink and thermo vision mod.
2 RPG-47 rockets
6kg rating 6 military grade plastique

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Ah; Rigged Deck was asking for heavy pistol sized stick'n'shock. He can provide the pistol! :D

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Niles would like the following:

4 x Glue Sprayers
2 x Glue Solvents

1 x Gas Mask

1 x Rappelling Gloves
1 x Grapple gun w/ 300m of microwire

1 x Medium sized hiking pack
2 x Dwarf sized ballistic plates, to fit in pack

1 x Micro Flare Launcher w/ 6 flares
6 x Smoke Grenades
6 x Pepper Punch Grenades

2 x Thermite burning bar

Most of this stuff I want to use to prepare a set of escape routes in the sewers. Niles doesn't have the skills for any elaborate boobietraps but I think he has enough Survival and Hunting skills to make a few simple traps. His main goal will be to give the illusion of a huge number of traps. The idea being that as soon as the first thermite bar tripwire goes off, his pursuers will be forced to slow down and examine every random piece of random monofilament he has glued across a hallway.

In the interest of time we dont have to play out the sewer exploration and stuff and just make some rolls, but I am fine with playing it out if you prefer. I have today and tomorrow off and can be available whenever works for you.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Here's what I want in addition to what's on the list:

20x Stick n Shock for Shotgun
2x Extra Mags for arm
1x Pair of Rappelling Gloves (never have enough)
1x Tag Eraser

Probably going to have just 4x Stick n Shock in my arm and then have the smuggling team come in the back with the tag eraser and loaded mags just so I have more ammo if things go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
If we're all asking individually:

30x Stick'n'Shock for heavy pistol, 1 pair rappelling gloves. Rigged is going to leave the explosive ammo at home and just roll with a clip of stick and have Smuggling team bring in the second clip, though I can't imagine I'll be needing 30 rounds. Watch as I regret that statement! I figure the fewer DEAD bodies, the less SK wants to hunt us down. A live but disabled guard costs them far less then a dead one, after all.

The day before we head in, Rigged Deck is going to hack into the host one more time to find where the guard scheduling is and see how many are on what floors

• Locked thread