Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Important poo poo for tonight's line battle:

quote:

- Musicians, Banners and Officers do not count against unit totals. Limit 1 of each per unit.
- If you are line inf do not take foot guards they are assigned unit type.

All units armed with firearms may fire once on the charge and thereafter during close combat if you as an individual are not engaged in melee you may reload and continue to fire. "On the charge" MEANS there must be the full intent and execution of melee as a result of the charge. Cav "drive bys" are prohibited! During close combat units that do fire do not have to observe unit spacing rules. Close combat is defined as two or more units having at least a man engaged in melee combat. A unit may choose to break their charge, REFORM INTO THEIR STANDARD FORMATION, and continue to perform as normal.

tl;dr: Fire on the charge is allowed. Reloading in melee is allowed.

Aside from that it's the standard stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Line battle in less than twenty minutes, swell the ranks and let go the draGoons of war.

Also, if you are ever curious at what the old Mount And Musket mod looked like check out these screenshots.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Line battle happening at the top of the hour. :siren:GET IN:siren:

EDIT:

AN ACTUAL BATTLE LINE

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 26, 2013

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
I was trying to con Nurdbot into playing Close Combat with me but just so everyone knows:

http://www.slitherinebravo.net/pr/HolidaySale2013/MG_MG_SALES_HolidaySale2013_CatalogMG_01.pdf

Matrix Games is having a sale on everything and they have Panthers in the Fog and all of the other Close Combat games up. If you're a history/war nerd and have any interest in WW2 it's pretty awesome. Real time battles with stats on individual soldiers (like their mental health and ammo and everything), mixed with an overall turn based campaign map for stuff like D Day and Market Garden and blah blah blah go look at it. If you buy one, play me in a campaign

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 26, 2013

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got the EU siege event happening in around forty minutes time from this post. BYOBH (bring your own big hat).

Also, around December 14th when we go on the traditional December hiatus from events Skoll and Pants are planning something hilarious to watch on LiveStream. All draGoons are invited to come along and waste time while waiting for the cheap PC games we'll bought to download!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Siege event in 10 minutes. Get in sometime reasonably soon.

We Russia, homeboys.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Okay Parrot, I promised it so here is the review for your Enhancement mod I'll be putting in the 2nd post of the topic so goons actually know what we are waffling on about lately now and maybe look into giving it a go themselves.

The ExParrot Mount And Blade Napoleonic Wars Enhancement Mod Version 3!

Okay I will cut straight to the chase, for some of us playing the DLC over a year on now visually and sound wise some things have gotten a little bland and started to run together. Thankfully, unlike the Total Conversion side of things the Client Side modding scene of the DLC is quite active and filled with eager people getting their collective feet wet learning to mod the horrors of the Warband engine. One of those goons is ExParrot who has done a little kit bashing himself with the games files and also brought with permission some of the best client side modifications of NW all in a single mod. Best thing of all ExParrot is constantly tweaking and adding new content with constant releases.

So what exactly is in this mod? quite a lot of things I'll quickly list them below:

Pants music mod friendly! you will still listen to the hand picked military classics of the 19th centuries greatest composers!
Five new idle animations for regular line that cycle.
New idle animations for Officers and NCO.
New animations for Cavalry.
Surrender replaced with Salute animation from N&S.
My own mod that replaces the tarted up hard to find shako hats for Officers of the Light, Skirmishers and Light Cavalry with bicorner hats.
A more realistic and louder set of sounds for musket and artillery fire as well as firearm impacts and loading.
Nicer looking smoke effects.
Tweaked UI.
New spyglass texture.
Blood spray when hit/stabbed!
Redone much nicer looking skyboxes.
Additional taunts taken from Napoleon Total War.
New menu and loading screens as well as some new menu music.
Total War style loading screen quotes.
Redone Artillery barrel and carriages.
Replacement of most units in each army with more unique looking Napoleonic era soldiers, including Officer, Ensign and NCO models.

Curious to actually SEE some of this new stuff in action? well I've taken a load of screenshots below and put them in some IMGUR gallery! FEAST YOUR EYES GOOD SIR:

New Uniforms of all the factions plus the new animations!

:siren: :siren: :siren:Download This Mod Here!:siren: :siren: :siren:

To install this mod simply extract the contents to the NW folder and yes to all. To return to vanilla NW or just remove the uniforms without losing the new sounds just delete the resources folder and let STEAM re download the game. If you are not using a STEAM version simply copy and paste the current NW folders to a different location and let the file add the modified ones then replace the new ones with the old ones when you wish to return back to default NW.

Have fun goons!

Download Version 2 here!

Download the update to Version 3 here and overwrite files for previous version!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 28, 2013

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Gimnbo posted:

Line battle happening at the top of the hour. :siren:GET IN:siren:

EDIT:

AN ACTUAL BATTLE LINE

Always nice to see, although the dude with the rank of Oberst kind of makes me chuckle.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In 30 minutes time we've got the American Siege Event. If aren't too stuffed from your Turkey feasts come on into the Mumble and play some fort assault NW style!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

SeanBeansShako posted:

In 30 minutes time we've got the American Siege Event. If aren't too stuffed from your Turkey feasts come on into the Mumble and play some fort assault NW style!

Turkey feast is tomorrow.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
NA Siege event in 10 minutes. :getin:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Event server is up and we're waiting for you other goons to join us.

Also, I applied us for the sunday North And South event as a replacement for our own event. No the mod has not been updated.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got our Friday EU line battle event in 50 minutes from this post now goons, plus our American one tonight too. I'll try and get us Cavalry tonight for that one again.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

15 minutes to EU line battle that I won't be at.

6 hours 15 minutes to NA line battle that I won't be at.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sadly the hosts for some reason have cancelled this EU event tonight. If they do it again next week, I'm finding another Friday EU event because this one isn't stable enough.

Still got the American one later tonight.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Said American event is now happening in 38 minutes from this post. I'm trying to get us cavalry tonight. If you can make it drop on into the Mumble channel soon!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Nurdbot wants to me to say we are ponies.

I am not sure why he thinks people wait to read the thread at the last second, but.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Cavalry definitely 100% confirmed for happening. The battle will start... soon? I think? So come on down and sit on a horse, then get stabbed and die. It'll be fun!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Didn't make it because I had to spend part of my evening dealing with Wal-Mart over a loving TV.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We've got our Bello Civili event tonight in around 30 minutes time. Keep the javelin/shield chat sperging down and the fun up!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

One of the perks of being a moderator for the FSE forums is I'm allowed access to the Donators forum for Battlecry Of Freedom. I can't really post anything but I can say this, what they have WIP so far has impressed me and I'll be keeping a close eye on development.

Speaking of the US Civil War since I shut down our own Sunday event last week it is time to get in on a new event. So I applied us for the North And South event that uses my old rules. Read said rules here and download the mod from Mod DB here. Our tag is the same one for NW but we use the yellow and red banner since the old cock is now a boring Union regiment banner.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

Yuss the re-proliferation and et cetera.
North and South event in 30 minutes. Come shoot slave owners with us.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What if we're the slave owners?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Like that's gonna stop us.

EDIT: Also get in. If we do end up being slave owners we need a healthy supply to shoot.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 2, 2013

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In five minutes we've got a big N&S event possibly the biggest we've done in a while get your butts into the Mumble before you get locked out the server.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Steam's got Mount And Blade AND Napoleonic War on sale, just in time to waste your holidays playing line up and die while yelling at strangers on the internet.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Suspect Bucket posted:

Steam's got Mount And Blade AND Napoleonic War on sale, just in time to waste your holidays playing line up and die while yelling at strangers on the internet.

Oh dear, the official servers are going to be lawless once again.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright draGoons time for a post with some content to talk about as well as the usual heads up for up coming events.

Speaking of which, EU line battle in around 40 minutes and tonight at 8PM EST we've got our Monday American line battle.

First off, some good news! Apparently the guy who did North And South has decided to return to Gettysburg but now instead of being an update of N&S it is going to be a separate mod sequel. I guess it is easier to just up and recode everything from the begging seems to sadly work better than finding what causes issues in the cursed code of Mount and Blade Warband.

Also, Blood And Iron! we got some pictures of a few more regiments in the Multiple Nations Faction, which I will post below this very line of text you are reading:

quote:

Well development is delayed as usual, and I apologise. As soon as i think I'm near to finishing i find i have a load more things to make or finish. Still, I'm on the final run now.

But to keep you guys interested I'll show you some of the Micro faction units.

Austrian Line Infantry

Using the M1867 Werndl-Holub Rifle - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1867_Werndl-Holub

Russian Line Infantry

Using the Berdan Rifle - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berdan_rifle

Ottoman Regular Infantry

Using the Peabody Rifle, it looks very similar to the Martini Henry but has some differences. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peabody_action

United States Infantry

Using the Springfield Model 1873 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_1873

United States Cavalry

Using the Carbine version of the Springfield M1873.

Some notes. I haven't finished all the Micro faction units yet, some more will include Japanese Infantry, Native Americans, Boers, Afghan tribesmen, possibly more. I have also already posted the Swedish line Infantry if you're wondering. Oh and all the weapons of these units have fixable bayonets, except carbines obviously. And finally, the US troops use items from NaS, which Hinkel kindly gave me permission to use.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
Hello you. We've got a line battle in 8 minutes and there's only three of us in the mumble! You can do something about this. You know who you are.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We've got cannons. Get in the Mumble the fight be happening.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
That battle wasn't too bad, I found it nice to practice shooting some cannons without being molested by the enemy every two seconds...

Here is how to survive an attack on your battery:

And for those who aren't up to date or would like an adjustment to their mods (I know Boogoose wanted less smoke) here's a link to my thread of the FSE forums, it'll have all the most recent stuff so there's no confusion.

Boogoose, check under the "Individual mod changes" tab for the vanilla smoke patch :D

Oh, and thanks again for the awesome synopsis Nurdbot!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Your welcome.

In 30 minutes time we've got that American Monday Line Battle for the DLC. I have gotten us a Cav slot tonight. So show up soon goons.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Around 25 minutes 'till we storm walls and complain about artillery.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Why didn't anyone go back for my boots?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah the guy in charge of the 15th was half and half about my complaint. The Admin stuff was dumb in that event, but they really need to enforce the rules. It kind of blows in a weird amount of levels.

But anyways, read about the newly relaunched Gettysburg Mod from the Maker of N&S here.

I'll be posting the Spanish Civil War and 30 Years War mod stuff later this week to give this thread some much needed content. Also, your ~girlfriend~ can now get in on the 19th century internet action! or yourself if you are a big fan of those books. I'm not judging.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Yea it was really dumb watching those fuckers cheat and then be told by the admin that it was A-OK. What a crock of horse-poo poo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Agree with Deutsch. I'm not putting up with/endorsing that kind of bullshit by playing in their poo poo-tastic event.

EDIT: Nurdbot, any way we can get in on that custom uniform stuff for N&S?

Skoll fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 4, 2013

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

This sounds far more cutthroat than any kiddie game we're playing. Socialites are loving vicious.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

Yuss the re-proliferation and et cetera.

Gimnbo posted:

This sounds far more cutthroat than any kiddie game we're playing. Socialites are loving vicious.

You'd think so, but it's littered with quick-time events (Press A to pine for a suitor.) And don't even get me started on the gown DLCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yeah the guy in charge of the 15th was half and half about my complaint. The Admin stuff was dumb in that event, but they really need to enforce the rules. It kind of blows in a weird amount of levels.

But anyways, read about the newly relaunched Gettysburg Mod from the Maker of N&S here.

I'll be posting the Spanish Civil War and 30 Years War mod stuff later this week to give this thread some much needed content. Also, your ~girlfriend~ can now get in on the 19th century internet action! or yourself if you are a big fan of those books. I'm not judging.

Another ACW mod seems redundant these days, although the inclusion of the developers from the warband Secession mod have me much more interested than I otherwise would be.

EDIT:

Ah, its the second chapter in their series, okay makes more sense now. I was afraid the whole thing had fallen through because of the focus on their game.

• Locked thread