Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.

Spy_Guy posted:

Ah, that was me, and I didn't calmly walk up to you. I laid down on the floor, then got up as soon as the borg opened the door. This gives me a few moments of rolling (presumably) under your shots so I can safely disarm you.
Given that I only had one arm I'm surprised I even made it that far, but the fight afterwards was really fun and I thank you for it.

In related news, Mr. Muggles is an RPG-catching jerk.

Man. To me it looked like he opened the door and you walked out and easily took my gun. I didn't realize you could duck shots. No wonder I couldn't hit you and I was so confused. Nerd boxing is hard with a laptop track pad.

Were you the guy that blew up the bar with the RPG? When that happened I ran away.

SnotGrumble fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Making and leaving a dozen or so Vuvuzelas around the station really was the best thing with the new sound system.

The sounds of space will forever be full of the buzzing chorus.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Rynoto posted:

Making and leaving a dozen or so Vuvuzelas around the station really was the best thing with the new sound system.

The sounds of space will forever be full of the buzzing chorus.

I feel like I should prepare a massive amount of unassembled Amusing Ducks and then set them all up somewhere centralized like the Jazz Lounge or Owlery and let the wacka flow.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Did that. Also delivered a set to the AI Core and renamed it DOCTOR Q.U.A.C.K with 'Lay egg = TRUE' as a law upload.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
To go along with suplexes, how about having running into someone with empty hands and harm intent clotheslining them? Only if you've run a certain distance first without being interrupted though (say 10-15 squares).

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I think in all likelihood, that will lead to lots of people in the main hallhay getting clotheslined by people who forget they're on harm, and jerks doing it and pretending that's what happened. Maybe if its restricted to while wearing luchadore masks like some of the other suggestions. Or make being a pro-wrestler a power genetics can unlock. Involuntary Wrasslosis.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Blhue posted:

I think in all likelihood, that will lead to lots of people in the main hallhay getting clotheslined by people who forget they're on harm, and jerks doing it and pretending that's what happened. Maybe if its restricted to while wearing luchadore masks like some of the other suggestions. Or make being a pro-wrestler a power genetics can unlock. Involuntary Wrasslosis.

Add it to the Buffness mutation. Gotta have some swole arms to do a good clothesline.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
We still don't know what buff actually does.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blhue posted:

Just have it knock down both people.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I'm brand new to this, but I have played Dwarf Fort and Dominions so it shouldn't be ridiculously hard to pick up. Username is Amuys.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 8, 2013

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

amuayse posted:

I'm brand new to this, but I have played Dwarf Fort and Dominions so it shouldn't be ridiculously hard to pick up. Username is Amuys.

So what name do you go by in-game?

Curious for purely academic reasons, mind.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
OK, finally managed to catch one of those intermittent lockups in the profiler. I think it might be fixed now, the servers should be more stable.

Gotta Wear Shades
Jul 25, 2013

Learn to hoist a jack,
Learn to lay a track
Learn to pick and shovel too
And take my hammer, it'll do anything you tell it to
I feel like every time I get the objective to have the cryo tanks running smoothly at the end of the round, Genetics explodes. This is compared to Genetics exploding only 90% of the time if I don't have the objective.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are the cryo tanks useful given that you can make up cryostylane/cryoxadone mixes and administer freezing healing in-situ?

LeadRobot
Dec 9, 2010

Life's hard when your feet are the size of a house and also toxic.
They're useful for when you have a whole pile of wounded in medbay and for when medbay gets blown up and you have to crawl somewhere to save your life.

TheKnife
Jan 24, 2009

Gotta Wear Shades posted:

I feel like every time I get the objective to have the cryo tanks running smoothly at the end of the round, Genetics explodes. This is compared to Genetics exploding only 90% of the time if I don't have the objective.

Speaking of this objective, I believe it's still broken in the sense that while it awards you for the cryo tanks being active at the end of the round, you don't actually want the cryo tanks to be active when nobody is in them since that wastes the cryoxadone (Unless this has been changed in the past two years)

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I thought you just needed the square cryo machine to be active, not the tanks themselves. The other thing only uses up oxygen from the canister.

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

Cicadalek posted:

I thought you just needed the square cryo machine to be active, not the tanks themselves. The other thing only uses up oxygen from the canister.

No, that's the problem, unless it's been changed. You need at least one tube to be running too.

The crew objectives are mostly bad anyway. (With the exception of the Electrician ones, that ease you into all their basic mechanics.)

Bahumat
Oct 11, 2012
So. I found out that leaving genetics alone for too long as a vampire is a bad plan, since I forgot that thermal makes you immune to lasers. Anyone got any advice for how to be a successful vampire?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I drank a bottle of "Fast juice that's b" and now I'm drunk, in crit, losing oxygen and randomly getting speed boosts. I got healed but my oxygen loss made it impossible to communicate my condition.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 8, 2013

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
In general, drinking/swallowing/eating strangely labeled drinks/pills/foods is a good way to discover the depth of the chemistry system in this game!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

gibbed posted:

I disagree.
I don't even know what this means, but I generally stay out of player affairs. :shrug: I started playing circa 2006, shortly after I was made a programmer then roughly a year later made a wizard (I was also the first programmer and first wizard made that they didn't directly know IRL). I mostly do backend things, you can blame revamped mapping system and bigmaps, for example.

Hellmoo turned to poo poo a while ago and now nobody plays it except for the usual horrible people who play muds.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zeether posted:

I drank a bottle of "Fast juice that's b" and now I'm drunk, in crit, losing oxygen and randomly getting speed boosts. I got healed but my oxygen loss made it impossible to communicate my condition.
That was probably partially due to the radbow I hit you with while you were drinking it and the sleepypen full of cyanide, unstable mutagen and mercury that followed it more than anything :v:

A good round.

quote:

Dill Throw says, "Deeeeeng"
Spigot The Bear says, "how horrid"
Dill Throw sneezes.
Spigot The Bear says, "are you okay"
Dill Throw exclaims, "Yes - Bork Bork Bork!"
Dill Throw says, "Nu"
Dill Throw stammers, "BBeedddsssttoooofffffffff"
Dill Throw gags and retches!
Lawrence Thrisskeep says, "Well that's unpleasant"
Dill Throw twitches violently.
Dill Throw [145.9] stammers, "SPPPPeeeegguuttt rreedbboooovvveedd me-- BBoorrkkk BBoorrkkkk BBookkk!!!"

quote:

Adam Holdeman [145.9] says, "MMEEdduu"
Nerd.exe [145.9] states, "Rick Auman was sen tdown disposals by SPigot"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] says, "EERgUURRYYY"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] says, "ccUfffOyyOOOdddIyy"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] says, "NNEEUUROOffffOOOXIINN"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] says, "BBOOO JAAggggggghh"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] says, "MMUfffAAGEEENN"
Lilly Branch [145.9] exclaims, "THE SCIENCE WORKED!"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] says, "AANND NNOWWWW IIIMM AA DWWAARFF"

quote:

Adam Holdeman [145.9] gibbers, "; SPIGOT THE BEAR!!!!"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] gibbers, "; HAS TO DIE!!!!!!"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] gibbers, "GOT IT"
Spigot The Bear [145.9] says, "Spigot the Bad"
Spigot The Bear says, "Spigot the Bad"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] gibbers, "; IM BRAIN DAMAGED!!!!"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] gibbers, "A LITERAL RETARD"
Adam Holdeman [145.9] gibbers, "THANKS TO HIM!!"

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 8, 2013

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Blhue posted:

A luchador mutation is the best idea.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
You feel... superioso!

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(
I've been working on the prototype of Aphmap's engine. It's a pretty big WIP.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Reminds me of some of the old school thermo generator setups.

As I recall, they had a tendency to flood the station with fire. :getin:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Aphtonites posted:

I've been working on the prototype of Aphmap's engine. It's a pretty big WIP.

What exactly is that?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

A big-rear end pair of combustion chambers.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

This is beautiful.

Mr.Muggles didn't stand a chance.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Would a combustion chamber that large be any more effective or dangerous? How quickly can it be vented?

E: wait, do those crystal windows open onto public areas, allowing passerby to admire the hellburns?!

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 8, 2013

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That looks terrifyingly beautiful.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
There don't appear to be any vents. Really, that just looks like a lot of more for the sake of more. It doesn't matter how long you make the pipes in there, the temperature in the pipes will never rise above the temperature outside them. That chamber would take a ton of plasma for practically no benefit, and it consumes space that would be better used by other departments.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Would a combustion chamber that large be any more effective or dangerous? How quickly can it be vented?

E: wait, do those crystal windows open onto public areas, allowing passerby to admire the hellburns?!
At the moment all it can do is light itself on fire, there isn't a proper vent or engine to go along with it.
And as for it's effectiveness, it probably isn't that good but it's certainly a lot more dangerous.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nope :(

Montegoraon posted:

There don't appear to be any vents. Really, that just looks like a lot of more for the sake of more. It doesn't matter how long you make the pipes in there, the temperature in the pipes will never rise above the temperature outside them. That chamber would take a ton of plasma for practically no benefit, and it consumes space that would be better used by other departments.
Cheer up, it's just a throwback to the old SS13 engine:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Sometimes I really wish we could build our own stations :smith:

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Aphtonites posted:

This is beautiful.

Mr.Muggles didn't stand a chance.

Ah yes, my favourite design. :getin:

Does the engine eject like it used to too?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

0lives posted:

Ah yes, my favourite design. :getin:

Does the engine eject like it used to too?

Walling up the engine and using it as the last stand area while waiting for the eject timer was the best thing.

You want your engine to stay on the station? Take it from my cold dead hands! :getin:

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
Holy poo poo, syndicate donk pockets are robust as hell. I fought off a wizard earlier today with a box of them, took three fireballs to the face and kept limping along, whacking at him with a piece of glass. Bork bork bork.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Bahumat posted:

So. I found out that leaving genetics alone for too long as a vampire is a bad plan, since I forgot that thermal makes you immune to lasers. Anyone got any advice for how to be a successful vampire?

How could you possibly be an unsuccessful vampire? I never once failed to be an unstoppable slasher and go nearly undetected

Anyway, it may be a little campery/griefy, but my advice is to bite on AFKers and late arrivals to build up on blood and get better powers. Use powers sparingly though, a crowbar to the head works wonders to stun victims. Snack on corpses and steal IDs. Stalk maintenance corridors once you're invisible in the darkness

Don't forget to kill in style. Drag your victims to the observatory or the howlery for that extra ambience. Make one of them your secret nest. Leave a pile of exsanguinated cadavers to be found by a horrified assistant

E: and don't be too proud to only go after soft targets and run away at the littlest hint of red uniform or trenchcoat. All true predators are huge cowards

hackbunny fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

What's up with the chat box? It seems like it randomly cuts off the ends of words and mixes them up lik ethis.

• Locked thread