Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
pyf weird posture

shirt made by this scrawny boy:

edit: timgd for dong outline cropped because I like him

haha huge sad furry

unpacked robinhood has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Dec 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax

This one isn't.

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

Sad lions posted:

I'd consider financially gutting one's abuser a moral freebee, personally.

(Not that 'gutting' is even the word here)

Touche

Forti
May 5, 2009

:nws: Me in real life

Nightswimming
Aug 13, 2010

It's not like years ago
"This is a music promotion, not a prostitution advertisement"

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Nightswimming posted:

"This is a music promotion, not a prostitution advertisement"

If you have to spell it out, you've gotten Sexy Pokemon comments before.

LansLeFleur
Apr 11, 2007

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
/\ badass pix are <-that-a-way

http://i.imgur.com/JNGSGTR.jpg
I found a hat trick.

Lady Arcadia
Jun 5, 2007

Isn't it wonderful...just like when you dream you are flying....
I am enjoying the anime store saga, please keep posting :)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Double Muhammad posted:

/\ badass pix are <-that-a-way

http://i.imgur.com/JNGSGTR.jpg
I found a hat trick.

This makes my brain hurt. :ohdear:

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

Shoe of all Cosmos posted:

No, all of it is 100% true, I swear as the sky is blue. I am poo poo at making up stories. I said in the very beginning in a previous post that none of what followed would sound real.

If you need a special license to rent 24-foot (or something) trucks, I have no idea how Francis obtained them, but I know he did because they sat in the parking lot while he forced his girlfriend and the landlord and like a few volunteers to unload the books while nobody else helped. James and about a million customers saw the landlord end up screaming at Francis to "man up and help". If you happen to know where the store is, you could walk in and ask any regular customer if there is yaoi manga hoarded next door, and they'd say yes. I promise.

My guess for renting the trucks is that only Francis and Diamond and one other person were there or something. Nobody knows how it happened and how he got the trucks is pure speculation. After the trucks arrived at Anime Dump was when the chosen volunteers started showing up to drive.

The manga company is Digital Manga Publishing, the real name, and they either specialize in or carry a lot of yaoi manga. There was plenty of regular manga mixed in but everyone at the store only referred to it by yaoi because it's hilarious. I'm sorry the habit stuck, but please believe me. I can even present a scan of the dirty, stomped-on contract between Francis and Digital Manga if you armchair skeptic goons want it.

It's real. Diamond is a normal, sweet girl who has severe problems communicating and just likes anime without being weird. Her family lives states and countries away, so I'm guessing she was a prime candidate to be roped in and abused and conned out of her money for six years because she had no safety net or anyone to give her an anchor to normalcy. She's safe now with her mother in another state though, as of June 2013 I think.

Some people mentioned taking $8 an hour for managing an entire store sounds suspicious, so let me reiterate what I said earlier. Anime Dump had just grown from a mall kiosk into a storefront and I thought there were good decisions being made. It was supposed to be my job to keep it going so we could hire more employees and get more payroll. I saw red flags from day one and stayed, because I had no concept of how bad a person Francis is, and like a normal person I expected a certain level of business intelligence from him that simply isn't there. Also, with manipulative, scummy people, they prey on your expectations of them having the ability to learn or change or have compassion to keep you coming back and forgiving them. That's how bad people get people around them to stay. Also if James and I left, the employees under us would get poo poo on especially badly. When we finally did, two others quit the same day.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't take $8 an hour to work at a place called "Anime Dump" at all. Can I assume you didn't have any/much work experience at the time? After you do retail for a while you learn to gtfo of situations like at ASAP, because people who make lovely business decisions never learn to stop making lovely decisions

Please keep posting though, I'm fascinated by the hideously disgusting and idiotic people you've chosen to willingly associate with.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Planet Piss posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't take $8 an hour to work at a place called "Anime Dump" at all. Can I assume you didn't have any/much work experience at the time? After you do retail for a while you learn to gtfo of situations like at ASAP, because people who make lovely business decisions never learn to stop making lovely decisions

Please keep posting though, I'm fascinated by the hideously disgusting and idiotic people you've chosen to willingly associate with.

Nah bro making 8 dollars as a manager is totally cool and legit, that wouldn't make any non-goon person laugh and walk the gently caress away real quick.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Apr 2, 2014

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Inspector Zenigata posted:

Yeah everyone who's desperate and poor is super goony, am I right? e-what's her name is pretty goony, I just mean when you're destitute and have zero options 8 bucks an hour is better than nothing.

and then 6 months later.... still makin 8 bucks an hr at the anime dump

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

It's the eye of the spider!

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

Yeah everyone who's desperate and poor is super goony, am I right? e-what's her name is pretty goony, I just mean when you're destitute and have zero options 8 bucks an hour is better than nothing.

You can make $8 at plenty of places that aren't digusting anime filth caverns. I can't imagine anywhere in the world where your solitary choice for employment is an anime store

Actually, the fact that the guy offered her $8 for a management position should have been "WARNING: THE STORE OWNER IS A DUMB IDIOT" #1

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I found a super awkward video, but I don't know if it's allowed since it's a video of someone filming the new Godzilla trailer in the theater.

But the person filming is just panting the entire time like he's jerking himself off, it's quite funny but I'd like to ask if it's OK to post first before I share it. Since it's pirated poo poo and all.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Lady Arcadia posted:

I am enjoying the anime store saga, please keep posting :)

I agree, this is entertaining to read.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Re: Shoe of All Cosmos not quitting the anime store- You guys forget how loving strong the major geek fallacies can be. Also, she might just be a super soft-spoken person or didn't want to let down her coworkers. There are tons of reasons a person wouldn't be able to get out of a bad situation like that. If you don't believe it, read that anime boyfriends thread or the bad roommates thread. Sometimes people don't stand up for themselves.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

DicktheCat posted:

Re: Shoe of All Cosmos not quitting the anime store- You guys forget how loving strong the major geek fallacies can be. Also, she might just be a super soft-spoken person or didn't want to let down her coworkers. There are tons of reasons a person wouldn't be able to get out of a bad situation like that. If you don't believe it, read that anime boyfriends thread or the bad roommates thread. Sometimes people don't stand up for themselves.

She does have a history of making extremely poor decisions as well though, so who knows?

What are the geek fallacies by the way?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If Shoe of all Cosmos is the sort of person broken enough to advocate a friend's animal diddling, put up with an abusive father who used to beat her for :siren: MUSIC PIRACY :siren: and then blackmail him about it, then sure I'm willing to buy that she's also the sort of person who is willing to work 8 bucks an hour managing The Worst Anime Store owned by a guy who might have known a guy who could help him rent trucks he has no business driving. These are the sort of terrible life decisions that add up to a pretty complete picture.

And if she has to inflict pictures of terrible Japanese buttsex comics on the thread to at least prove that much, then I can only say the thread brought it upon itself.

DicktheCat posted:

Yes. Nerds with low self-esteem tend to make lovely decisions. Anyone who'll admit to the shame of being in an anime club at some point in their lives can attest to this.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

CelticPredator -- If it's just the trailer, I think you're safe. I'm not sure it's really possible to pirate an advert available freely to the public.

Also thanks re the comments on my old thread. :)

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Planet Piss posted:

She does have a history of making extremely poor decisions as well though, so who knows?

What are the geek fallacies by the way?

Here.

This honestly explains a lot. It explains so many things.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

Slime posted:

Here.

This honestly explains a lot. It explains so many things.

Oh my god, this answers so many questions. Now the stuff some of the people I know(and used to know) makes a lot more sense

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

uglynoodles posted:

CelticPredator -- If it's just the trailer, I think you're safe. I'm not sure it's really possible to pirate an advert available freely to the public.

Also thanks re the comments on my old thread. :)

I see. I guess I'll post it. Hopefully the mods won't mind.

But feel free to delete.

http://vid3.ec.dmcdn.net/video/874/...ecast3&comment=

Trailer looks cool. But that guy filming...haha.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

DicktheCat posted:

I also think there's a strong inclination to disassociate one's feelings about someone in a business sense from one's personal feelings - for example, I was involved (not employed thank god) with a company where the owner was really an incredibly nice, fascinating man, who was enormously interesting to have a drink in the pub etc. with. He also happened to be one of the worst people to work with, in terms of vague goals, poor problem solving, poor anger management and so on, that I've ever met. Several employees told me that they kept meaning to leave, but would then meet him outside work and he'd be so nice and charismatic that they felt they were making a large fuss about nothing.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Wait that whole thing awhile back with the judge and the girl was Shoe of All Cosmos? Can someone link that?

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

Vindolanda posted:

I also think there's a strong inclination to disassociate one's feelings about someone in a business sense from one's personal feelings - for example, I was involved (not employed thank god) with a company where the owner was really an incredibly nice, fascinating man, who was enormously interesting to have a drink in the pub etc. with. He also happened to be one of the worst people to work with, in terms of vague goals, poor problem solving, poor anger management and so on, that I've ever met. Several employees told me that they kept meaning to leave, but would then meet him outside work and he'd be so nice and charismatic that they felt they were making a large fuss about nothing.

I understand what you're saying here, but holy lol if that is the exact opposite of the Anime Dumper. At least from what we've been told anyway

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If Shoe of all Cosmos is the sort of person broken enough to advocate a friend's animal diddling, put up with an abusive father who used to beat her for :siren: MUSIC PIRACY :siren: and then blackmail him about it,

Leave it to a goon to list "being abused" as one of a person's faults.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

DicktheCat posted:

GameStop's entire business model relies on nerds being willing to work for poo poo wages because VIDEO GAMES so it's not like this mindset is rare. When I worked there a decade ago my manager was salaried and he made like $12.50 an hour if he worked a 40 hour week, but he was basically always expected to work like 60+ so he was probably barely clearing $8 most weeks and they worked him like a dog. And we had a stack of applications like 2-3 inches high in the back at any given time. People are loving dumb.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mr. mephistopheles posted:

GameStop's entire business model relies on nerds being willing to work for poo poo wages because VIDEO GAMES so it's not like this mindset is rare. When I worked there a decade ago my manager was salaried and he made like $12.50 an hour if he worked a 40 hour week, but he was basically always expected to work like 60+ so he was probably barely clearing $8 most weeks and they worked him like a dog. And we had a stack of applications like 2-3 inches high in the back at any given time. People are loving dumb.

We did an open hire a few weeks ago and received over 100 applications for a 10-12 hour a week position within 3 days.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

If shoe's story took place in a restaurant instead of an anime store, it would be the exact type of restaurant you'd see on kitchen nightmares.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Planet Piss posted:

I understand what you're saying here, but holy lol if that is the exact opposite of the Anime Dumper. At least from what we've been told anyway

Yeah, got lost partway through typing, it's 3am here. Meant to say that, even without a charismatic terrible boss, if someone is pretty introverted or social awkward then the forced social interaction of a job can build up a sort of "berm" of normality - that effectively the evil of staying in a lovely position is seen as better than the unknown of trying to improve it. It's been said that some beaten wives stay with their partners because they've come to see themselves as "wife of xxxx", rather than, "Jane Doe, married to xxxxx", and that the idea of setting out on their own feels like abandoning their whole personality.
Not saying that selling lovely yaoi manga is the same thing as being beaten by a spouse, but in a world that values employment *of any kind* as an important social determiner, the choice can be seen by the chooser not as "either lovely anime job or any of 100000 better jobs" but rather as "either a job at all, that will make my acquaintances not think I'm a failure, or A LEAP INTO THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE UNKNOWN".

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
I'll go ahead and say that selling lovely yaoi manga actually is the same thing as being beaten by a spouse

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Laocius posted:

Leave it to a goon to list "being abused" as one of a person's faults.

Hey, just tailoring the message to the audience.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

I'd watch Toxic Nerd Nightmares, especially if Ramsey was the host.

Wasn't there a show that took gross nerds and tried to turn them into functioning adults? I could swear there was something like that

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
This psycho-analyzing bullshit is loving annoying. Can we post pictures of fat people and fedoras again? Please?

NSFW
http://i.imgur.com/aKzg8aC.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

mr. mephistopheles posted:

If that ain't the truth. My brief stint with Gamestop, any time I bitched about getting stiffed on hours it'd always get brought up about 'but you get a great discount on games'. No one seemed to grasp that a discount on games doesn't mean a thing when the paycheck's not going to fully cover rent and utilities.

• Locked thread