Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There's some pretty crazy poo poo on sirtoys that have novelty through the drat roof (robots that turn into appliances with googly eyes, freaky combiners, an arsenal of blocky gun-bots...), but you can never be too sure of knockoff quality and whether it will just flop and crumble as soon as it touches air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

The most unflattering photo possible. Not really interested anymore.

It's definitely cheap, but the price is low enough that it's worth it to me just for the novelty

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

The most unflattering photo possible. Not really interested anymore.

Oh, so this is where Hasbro got their new design team.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rita Repulsa posted:

There's some pretty crazy poo poo on sirtoys that have novelty through the drat roof (robots that turn into appliances with googly eyes, freaky combiners, an arsenal of blocky gun-bots...), but you can never be too sure of knockoff quality and whether it will just flop and crumble as soon as it touches air.
I got KO Lambor, KO Red Alert, and KO Nemesis Prime from sirtoys. The MP KOs are kick rear end. Red Alert's knee joints are a little loose but nothing game-breaking. They both have the misspelling on the back of the car.

The Nemesis, however, is pretty lovely. It looks great, but the plastic is obviously crap and the head is screwed onto the neck so loosely that I can no longer transform it without the head popping off. So he's now permanently stuck in bot-mode, which I'm OK with, because he looks awesome.

(yes I know the shoulder cannons are not positioned correctly, yes I know the arms on Nemesis are not formed correctly)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Rage posted:

Oh, so this is where Hasbro got their new design team.
It doesn't look like the backpack dwarfs the rest of the robot though.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

TheDK posted:

(yes I know the shoulder cannons are not positioned correctly, yes I know the arms on Nemesis are not formed correctly)

You're playing with your toys all wrong, man. What will they say behind your back?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

strangehamster posted:

You're playing with your toys all wrong, man. What will they say behind your back?
I Franstromed them when I should have Transformed them! :doh:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

strangehamster posted:

"WhY mY ShOuLdErS hUrT"

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

TheDK posted:

I neither noticed nor care about these things. What I wanna know is why Red Alert has exploding Mickey Mouse ears.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

I neither noticed nor care about these things. What I wanna know is why Red Alert has exploding Mickey Mouse ears.
It's a reference to the visual effect of him going nuts in this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NntV5hLnVM0

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

It's a reference to the visual effect of him going nuts in this episode:
I love how Ironhide is a giant at 5:46. Also this was hilarious.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

It's a reference to the visual effect of him going nuts in this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NntV5hLnVM0

Did those even come with the MP Red Alert? I don't remember seeing them in the box. Cause if not, I might have to order the KO for just those.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Rage posted:

Did those even come with the MP Red Alert? I don't remember seeing them in the box. Cause if not, I might have to order the KO for just those.
They were official, I remember seeing them in a lot of promo photography. They're part of Takara's efforts to include every obscure thing from the cartoon no matter how stupid it looks, like Grimlock's serving tray and apron. They might have been a retailer exclusive or something though.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Knormal posted:

They were official, I remember seeing them in a lot of promo photography. They're part of Takara's efforts to include every obscure thing from the cartoon no matter how stupid it looks, like Grimlock's serving tray and apron. They might have been a retailer exclusive or something though.

I will have to check my box then!

edit: And there they are!

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 7, 2013

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

FoC Blaster is $10 on Amazon right now

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...eywords=Blaster

And Soundblaster is $13

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Cybertron-Series-Soundblaster/dp/B009Z1K67W/ref=pd_sim_t_5

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So is the Waspinator wave the one where every case comes with an equal amount of figures?

I seem to be all caught up on Generations, I thought Double Dealer and Rhinox were out but it seems that only the new deluxes were released.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

The Taint Reaper posted:

I seem to be all caught up on Generations, I thought Double Dealer and Rhinox were out but it seems that only the new deluxes were released.

I got a shipping notification from HTS last night for Doubledealer, so it's a safe bet Rhinox is shipping concurrently. I'd say they'll probably hit shelves soonish, but I'll be damned if I'm going to wade into the nightmare world that is holiday toy shopping.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

3 posted:

I got a shipping notification from HTS last night for Doubledealer, so it's a safe bet Rhinox is shipping concurrently. I'd say they'll probably hit shelves soonish, but I'll be damned if I'm going to wade into the nightmare world that is holiday toy shopping.

I received both Double Dealer and Rhinox today from HTS. I can't get over how good Rhinox is. My only complaint, is that one of the rear legs won't go into place exactly right. Otherwise, my god they nailed it! Double Dealer still has the shoulder problems of Blitzwing but the head is no longer an issue on mine. Really good stuff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Isn't the Skids wave out now?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Skids, with the comic version is sold out UK wise, I can get it off ebay but gently caress paying £20+, I wanted it as a Xmas present off the in-laws.
MP Smokescreen is released 14th December anyways, which means I should get it afore Christmas.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I haven't seen then in flyover country yet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I've got a long weekend in Baton Rouge from Thursday to Sunday, so hopefully some wal/tar has it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

As far as I know the Skids wave's only been sighted at Targets so far, and since it's Christmas anything new on the shelves gets sucked up immediately. Personally I'm not even bothering setting foot inside stores until January, it's a zoo everywhere right now and it's just going to get worse as the month goes on.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Goldskull posted:

Skids, with the comic version is sold out UK wise, I can get it off ebay but gently caress paying £20+, I wanted it as a Xmas present off the in-laws.
MP Smokescreen is released 14th December anyways, which means I should get it afore Christmas.

Is WfC Skywarp in UK TRU yet? Not been able to get to a branch for a few weeks.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think he's in Scoop and Armada 'Scream's wave, which is unreleased yet (after skids' wave I presume?)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So apologies in advance to my Santee, my wife found out I was doing this and wrapped your gifts in the most un-manly fashion. If it was me, you'd have been getting newspaper and electrical tape, so maybe its a good thing she stepped in.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

So apologies in advance to my Santee, my wife found out I was doing this and wrapped your gifts in the most un-manly fashion.

You're supposed to wrap it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

strangehamster posted:

You're supposed to wrap it?

It's a nice idea, but hardly necessary. Unless you like to open the package and then place the wrapped present inside under the tree or something.

I will open mine when I get it because PRESENTS. Boyohboyohboy. :haw:

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008
So I picked up Skids, Waspinator, and Goldfire today from my local Toys R Us in Taiwan.

Skids has some pretty limited articulation in his arms and legs, but he does have a waist swivel and more importantly, some amazing guns, he looks really cool to me, and is just fun to fiddle with, Waspinator is my favorite of the bunch, he feels very solid, looks great, has nice eye light-piping, and has cool looking transparent wings, and a gimmick to make them flap [they are also ball joint mounted, though, so you can pose them quite well even with said gimmick], Goldfire is neat, though he's a bumblebee redeco, the gold plastic looks way nicer than the old yellow, nearly transparent plastic, and the mold itself seems good enough.

They had Dreadwing [Stealth bomber Megatron redeco] but I didn't buy him, since that mold was sort of disappointing to me.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So any idea why Age of Extinction is probably getting a Huffer and not Generations? :colbert:

Huffer is the last 1984 guy to be used in Classics/Generations. Not even a Legends figure is listed at this point, unless they're planning on giving him a super awesome voyager sized figure.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Huffer will be the next Titan release. A Metroplex recolor.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I hate to ask, but how is the quality on the KO Jetfire and Classics Ultra Magnus/City Commander on Sirtoys?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

So any idea why Age of Extinction is probably getting a Huffer and not Generations? :colbert:

Huffer is the last 1984 guy to be used in Classics/Generations. Not even a Legends figure is listed at this point, unless they're planning on giving him a super awesome voyager sized figure.
There was PCC Huffer. Not technically Classics/Generations but the same design style. Hasbro probably considers that enough to check him off their list. Remember some of the '84 guys we've considered Classics were actually released under movie sublines, like Windcharger and Seaspray. I'd like a good deluxe or voyager Huffer too though, I always had a soft spot for the character ever since that time he picked up a woolly mammoth and threw it at some cavemen.

There are some real nice looking third-party Huffers coming out, but I don't really feel the need to spend $100 on a Masterpiece-level Huffer.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

There was PCC Huffer. Not technically Classics/Generations but the same design style. Hasbro probably considers that enough to check him off their list. Remember some of the '84 guys we've considered Classics were actually released under movie sublines, like Windcharger and Seaspray. I'd like a good deluxe or voyager Huffer too though, I always had a soft spot for the character ever since that time he picked up a woolly mammoth and threw it at some cavemen.

There are some real nice looking third-party Huffers coming out, but I don't really feel the need to spend $100 on a Masterpiece-level Huffer.

Windcharger was released in RTS which is the classics line. Seaspray was sort of like the weird inbetween where HFTD got new molds which were re-used again for Classics/Generations anyways down the line.

Honestly I'm seeing the AOE Optimus and his big backpack, and Huffer is honestly one of the few bots that needs a big backpack in robot mode while carrying two huge underslung guns.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Knormal posted:

Not to mention there're plenty of Unicron Trilogy and even some RiD & Beast era figures that work as CHUG/G1 characters(Energon Galvatron is still the best modernization of Galvatron in my opinion)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RTS is definitely not a pure classics line, it's more of a random mixed bag of stuff than anything else, so his point stands. I don't think you can claim HFTD Seaspray is his classics update, given the visual differences and the NEST iconography on him (I think, I only own Deep Dive, and no marks against the mold as it is sweet)

Thew's review of Seaspray is probably my favorite Thew review.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Spiderdrake posted:

RTS is definitely not a pure classics line, it's more of a random mixed bag of stuff than anything else, so his point stands. I don't think you can claim HFTD Seaspray is his classics update, given the visual differences and the NEST iconography on him (I think, I only own Deep Dive, and no marks against the mold as it is sweet)

He works well enough, but I was perfectly okay replacing him with a third-party iGear Seaspray. Same with Legends Powerglide vs. CHUG Powerglide.

quote:

Thew's review of Seaspray is probably my favorite Thew review.

My favorite will always be the TFA Arcee review for the "Yeh-hehehe!/NOOOOOOOO!" bit at the beginning.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
No Huffer because gently caress you, Huffa.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Did anyone else order the Glacial Lord figures off FPCore? Because apparently an entire order of one of them is now at the bottom of the ocean.

https://www.fpcore.com/news/2013/12/09/retro-future-update-megazero-shipment-destroyed

The funniest part of that is that the crane operator was messing with one and caused the accident because he wasn't paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Arsenal_12 posted:

Did anyone else order the Glacial Lord figures off FPCore? Because apparently an entire order of one of them is now at the bottom of the ocean.

https://www.fpcore.com/news/2013/12/09/retro-future-update-megazero-shipment-destroyed

The funniest part of that is that the crane operator was messing with one and caused the accident because he wasn't paying attention.

If they're very careful they could spin this to their advantage. Make sure ALL the preorders get filled, take the hit, reinforce that they're a trustworthy company, AND make some jokes about just how drat fun their product is.