Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Stanley Pain posted:

I heard they are moving the world to a wonderful place called Azeroth :shopkeeper:

New unannounced WildStar Race: Space Goats :dealwithit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
You can mock all you want. We're just trying to follow the rules. We have active members of carbine in this forum, so why not just respect the rules in place?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Loose Ifer posted:

You can mock all you want. We're just trying to follow the rules. We have active members of carbine in this forum, so why not just respect the rules in place?

There are no NDA breaking rules on SA. Thank you. Do you honestly believe the devs that post here are completely naive to how this place has been ran for the past decade or the fact that this happens with every single MMO release? They are not children.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 9, 2013

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

Zorego posted:

Anyone playing Starbound while they wait for WildStar? Trying to treat that like Wildstar 2D to pass the time till the game is finally out.

I have the Wildstar beta but I'm playing Starbound, am I a bad person :(

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

daveline posted:

You are everything bad ever.

(I'm jealous.)

Also, keep popping those NDA cherries. It gets me off.

Zorego
Dec 3, 2013
Nah, don't wanna burn out before the game is even out. I'm waiting for that patch to reset saves in starbound so I can really dig into the game though. Hopefully the patch comes out today or I get a beta key from the usual monday batch of invites. Either one works for me :)

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

daveline posted:

I got sucked into Starbound while reading up on Wildstar as well. That poo poo is addictive.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

I'm not sure if these charts are accurate, but gosh Aurin are small.

Exiles race height comparison

Dominion race height comparison

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I wonder if the chua are the only race without sexual dimorphism because they couldn't come up with male/female options they liked or whether they were a late addition so the single body type was a compromise for speed/getting it into the game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I really reaaaally dislike the female models in this game. I know they are trying to make exaggerated cartoony look but jeez lighten up on the hourglass thing.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I really reaaaally dislike the female models in this game. I know they are trying to make exaggerated cartoony look but jeez lighten up on the hourglass thing.

You got a problem with sexy fembots?

:can:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If you are going to make this argument for the female models please also make the same argument for the buff captain American male models (Model designs for both sexes are always sexualized dumb things in video games)

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

If you are going to make this argument for the female models please also make the same argument for the buff captain American male models (Model designs for both sexes are always sexualized dumb things in video games)

I want more sliders!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Speaking of NDA breaking poo poo, I had a blast on the weekend refreshing twitch.tv searching for 'Wildstar', 'Stress Test' and 'Wild Star' and reporting the poor fools that thought they could get some easy viewership.

The funniest part is that the ban seemed to always land the second they got IN to the game, and had a look around. And being a stress test, there was a lot of ATTEMPTING to get into the game. I am fairly certain this was deliberate.

Also it's not an NDA thing, but the email for reporting NDA breakers? 'theredphone@carbinestudios.com'

Edit: Also, carbine are giving a key to whoever makes a funny Vine: https://vine.co/v/hQdirw0EFiq

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Loose Ifer posted:

I want more sliders!

I don't. I actually prefer something more stylized like Wildstar seems to have. If you give me a bunch of face sliders and poo poo (or, hell, something like EvE's whole-body drag-and-morph system) I'll just end up either taking a preset or hitting random a bunch because trying to fiddle with it myself results in Sloth-from-Goonies style monstrosities.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Whenever I play a game that has sliders I end up making the most generic looking person possible (not intentional). I guess I'm just boring.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
It'd be great if there could just be a bunch of general body options; e.g. "sleek", "buff", "musclehead", etc. Of course that would mean rendering more models and having to account for more variance when designing armor, so it probably isn't ideal for a game that has as many different model skeletons as this one.

If there's one thing SWTOR can be praised for, it's that all males have a "fat as hell" body option.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

miscellaneous14 posted:

It'd be great if there could just be a bunch of general body options; e.g. "sleek", "buff", "musclehead", etc. Of course that would mean rendering more models and having to account for more variance when designing armor, so it probably isn't ideal for a game that has as many different model skeletons as this one.

I have always been a fan of games that has a 'Personality' option, where you can choose stuff like 'Serious, Sassy, etc' and it governs things like your idle animations/walk cycle etc.

Always wanted to see more stuff like that in games.

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Speaking of NDA breaking poo poo, I had a blast on the weekend refreshing twitch.tv searching for 'Wildstar', 'Stress Test' and 'Wild Star' and reporting the poor fools that thought they could get some easy viewership.

The funniest part is that the ban seemed to always land the second they got IN to the game, and had a look around. And being a stress test, there was a lot of ATTEMPTING to get into the game. I am fairly certain this was deliberate.

Also it's not an NDA thing, but the email for reporting NDA breakers? 'theredphone@carbinestudios.com'

I particularly enjoyed all the stress testers jumping into the official Wildstar twitch chat during our Medic livestream to ask questions about the stress test and the servers. C'mon, people, there are places for you to do that, and when I'm in there modding and answering questions I am about as disconnected as I can possibly be from the stress test crew. Didn't ding anyone for what was obviously honest curiosity, but I was amused when some people got a bit huffy at my casual NDA reminder. :v:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Cyster posted:

I particularly enjoyed all the stress testers jumping into the official Wildstar twitch chat during our Medic livestream to ask questions about the stress test and the servers. C'mon, people, there are places for you to do that, and when I'm in there modding and answering questions I am about as disconnected as I can possibly be from the stress test crew. Didn't ding anyone for what was obviously honest curiosity, but I was amused when some people got a bit huffy at my casual NDA reminder. :v:

One of the twitch streamers was nice enough to abuse me in broken english when I mentioned "You are aware you are under NDA right?"

"shut up cancer fucker bitch."

Uh, okay, sure. :downs:

I did want to ask, did you guys mean to show the engineer class during the PvP duel segment, or was that a mistake? :haw:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I did want to ask, did you guys mean to show the engineer class during the PvP duel segment, or was that a mistake? :haw:

Pretty sure they said the lid was off for both during the live stream, right at the start.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Stormgale posted:

Pretty sure they said the lid was off for both during the live stream, right at the start.

Ah, no worries. I missed the start.

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

That was intentional -- a teaser of sorts for next week. With the release of the flick, I can actually say the word Engineer without it ending up on an internal scoreboard. :v:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hear hear! Make them grandfather clock shaped!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bonus whining from the Actual stress test (Note Not revealing any content about the game):

There was a constant discussion in the chat system about how Carbine owed people for the fact the servers didn't have 100% up time/was laggy, this was basically constant through out my time during it (Especially as European testers had to stay up late).

Yes I am aware Wildstar War Death bots are now deployed from Carbine HQ to end me for my sins

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Stormgale posted:

There was a constant discussion in the chat system about how Carbine owed people for the fact the servers didn't have 100% up time/was laggy

Well with them deliberately going after the 'old school hardcore' market they'd better be prepared for AAA grade whining and not understanding what words mean. Anything now will be tame compared to release, especially with the inevitable server issues at launch.

Stormgale posted:

Yes I am aware Wildstar War Death bots are now deployed from Carbine HQ to end me for my sins

It's for your own good. Only people randomly selected by a computer can be trusted with that information.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'm not sure how much they are going for the old school hardcore market? I mean Apart from 40 man raids housing, the paths, the entire marketing sound chill and silly as all hell.

I mean hell when I Redacted Redacted Redacted Redacted Redacted Redacted and then Please don't hurt me oh mighty carbine lords then I was 100% sure this was the MMO for me.

Edit: Also confirmed for Wildstar Draken Stalkers and Mechari Warriors can Combine to form a unique attack called the "Fastball Special", so long as the Drakken player is on a Canadian IP

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 10, 2013

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Well they're trying to go after everyone, of course. It's a hard task!

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Beta keys going out supposedly, check your mails.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Also if you're someone already in the beta who hasn't played for a while I'd encourage you to come back and try this patch because it rules.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Oh god, I hope I get one this time. I really want to try this one out, it may be my regular saturday night thing.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
C'mon, Carbine! I'm itching for a reason to not go out and drink on the weekends. This would be a perfect solution!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Doublestep posted:

Only got an email to achieve maximum sexual nirvana.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

BadLlama posted:

Only got an email to achieve maximum sexual nirvana.

That means you have Friend keys too.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Doublestep posted:

I now know how a Heroin addict feels when he's denied his next bottle of Methadone at the chemist :ughh:

I know the game probably won't live up to the hype but I'm dying to give this a go

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Is this wave of keys real beta keys or stress test ones?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Well people are making vines for the beta key contest - I even made one. Would people be opposed to sharing them here? I know a great many people detest vines.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

Is this wave of keys real beta keys or stress test ones?

No mention of stress test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Dang, I am hecka unlucky! Oh well.

• Locked thread