Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

I didn't have enough time to play before work, so I did something else... I made a Get Out frog emblem. Someone may have beat me to it, but ~400 pages is a lot to go through.

Edit: Found the emblems spreadsheet and added this to it.

TacticalGranny fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you have your knife out beforehand you should be able to avoid counterknifing from the front. If both players have their knives out it turns into a button mashing death match.

Also lately I feel like I've been screwing up counterknifing more than usual. Getting counterknifed is embarrassing but failing to counterknife is quite demoralizing :(

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
The only disappointing thing about knives in this game is that someone would actually equip something besides the prison shiv. What kind of rear end in a top hat runs around with a spoon looking machete or a piece of carbon fiber? Get that weak poo poo outta here. Train shank, mad bank.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Am I crazy or is there no feedback on being kicked from a server? I was on a server that had FF on without my knowledge and I got sent to a black screen and disconnected for TK. The little blue bar in Battlelog flashed something for about half a second and then went to "Transitioning...". I only realized it must have been a TK kick because I bothered to look at the server details afterwords.

It is really stupid not to pop up a window to make you acknowledge why you got kicked/banned. No wonder people never seem to learn their lesson on pistol only servers, they probably just figure its a random crash or disconnect.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Mcqueen posted:

The only disappointing thing about knives in this game is that someone would actually equip something besides the prison shiv. What kind of rear end in a top hat runs around with a spoon looking machete or a piece of carbon fiber? Get that weak poo poo outta here. Train shank, mad bank.

The only reason I'm using the shank is because I haven't gotten the bowie knife yet. :colbert:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

C.M. Kruger posted:

The only reason I'm using the shank is because I haven't gotten the bowie knife yet. :colbert:

Anyone gotten the Trench knife yet? That'd be the only one I'd drop my carbon fiber for at the moment.

Also, anyone interested in cheesing the I'm Dynamite assignment with me? It's just too much to 1: get in the bomber and 2: kill 3 somethings with the bomber and I'm tired of getting picked off while I'm stupidly standing around the trailer.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
I seem to have the trouble of face stabs turning into back stabs but only when it's against me. Yesterday a guy ran right at me with his knife out and without even attempting to get behind me suddenly was stabbing from me behind with no chance for a counter. :dice: From now on it’s nothing but point blank headshots from my bolt action unless I catch someone prone on the ground. That animation of kicking them over onto their back always gives me a chuckle.

Welsper
Jan 14, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Anyone gotten the Trench knife yet? That'd be the only one I'd drop my carbon fiber for at the moment.

Also, anyone interested in cheesing the I'm Dynamite assignment with me? It's just too much to 1: get in the bomber and 2: kill 3 somethings with the bomber and I'm tired of getting picked off while I'm stupidly standing around the trailer.

It's the next Premium issue knife.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, the airburst version of the UCAV. :psyboom: You guys were right. You were all so right.

edit: Hahah oh my god, Active Protection doesn't defeat a UCAV.

Erata fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 10, 2013

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I need one more ribbon, but id be down for being cannonfodder as well. Add me lljkgsg.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Welsper posted:

Oh son of a bitch, I was hoping I could get the Trench in a battlepack. Guess I'm stuck with my shivs and giant machete thing.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm kind of disappointed that the carbines are all-kit weapons. Really makes the assault class feel less valuable. ARs are still great, but the opportunity cost of going assault now is higher with carbines being all-kit. Not just that, but most of the gadgets for assault are totally underwhelming. Revives and health kits are great and all, but it feels like even an entire round full of heals and revives really isn't going to have much of an effect, while every other class has gadgets that will have a pretty big impact on a round. Every other class can take out a heavy vehicle, which can be huge. Taking out even one tank can sometimes turn the tide of an entire round. Ammo boxes are huge, since running out of ammo is a huge impediment. TUGS and wizard-balls are obviously incredibly useful.

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010
Engineer class is overpowered as gently caress to be honest.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Erata posted:

Holy poo poo, the airburst version of the UCAV. :psyboom: You guys were right. You were all so right.

edit: Hahah oh my god, Active Protection doesn't defeat a UCAV.

UCAV is like a reincarnated Lord St. Gustav. New and improved, even more assholish.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Added a Karl Pilkington emblem to the spreadsheet

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that the carbines are all-kit weapons. Really makes the assault class feel less valuable. ARs are still great, but the opportunity cost of going assault now is higher with carbines being all-kit. Not just that, but most of the gadgets for assault are totally underwhelming. Revives and health kits are great and all, but it feels like even an entire round full of heals and revives really isn't going to have much of an effect, while every other class has gadgets that will have a pretty big impact on a round. Every other class can take out a heavy vehicle, which can be huge. Taking out even one tank can sometimes turn the tide of an entire round. Ammo boxes are huge, since running out of ammo is a huge impediment. TUGS and wizard-balls are obviously incredibly useful.

M320 HE or LVG killing entire squads at once is pretty huge. And never underestimate the med kits. I have survived many grenade blasts with a few hp because I was getting the healing from one.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

Welsper posted:

Is it a safe assumption that they will be adding more knives in later? It looks like there are 5 knives for Premium and I already have all but 2 of them.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Gonkish posted:

UCAV is like a reincarnated Lord St. Gustav. New and improved, even more assholish.

:dice: "Hey remember how the Carl Gustav was like a sniper rocket with huge splash? What if we made it GUIDED?"

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Every patch makes the sound loop crashes worse instead of better

Welsper
Jan 14, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

Every patch makes the sound loop crashes worse instead of better

The sound loop is a symptom, much like a cough can be a common cold or tuberculosis.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Erata posted:

:dice: "Hey remember how the Carl Gustav was like a sniper rocket with huge splash? What if we made it GUIDED?"

Are you :dice:? That is literally their line of thought. :tinfoil:

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Space Jam posted:

loving epic. The man(c) is nothing but head anyways.

aranth
Nov 13, 2013

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Count me in for that stupid assignment, origin id: ar4nth.

joozy
Jan 15, 2004

aranth posted:

Count me in for that stupid assignment, origin id: ar4nth.

you in right now? adding

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Deploy it outside on a 24/7 Op locker map and kill everyone.

I have 301 mortar kills just from doing this. Deploy mortar outside, tuck yourself away somewhere safe and rack up the multi-kills dropping shells on the outside door to C.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

joozy posted:

you in right now? adding

I'm in for this. Origin: Rochicos

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hobbitron posted:

I've run out of room for emblems, so I thought I'd both backup and share them on the Goon Battlefield Emblems google doc. I don't remember exporting emblems before so hopefully I did it correctly.

Non-premium:

Premium:

Fozzie Bear is duplicated under Pedobear in the spreadsheet :(

Hobbitron
Jul 6, 2005

Fool of a Took!

Fallom posted:

Fozzie Bear is duplicated under Pedobear in the spreadsheet :(

My bad, I just fixed it hopefully.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

A half hour well spent.

- And on the database. Enjoy! Might do Gir and Zim later.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 11, 2013

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Space Jam posted:

Good work. Bald manc twat.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

That's the best GIR ever.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

so the sound bug; my sound now goes very quiet after a few mins; like someone has an open mic. Anyone else seen this?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Well, just got home. If anyone wants a target dumby to grind out badges let me know. OriginID SwitchbladeKult

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I keep getting display driver errors. Randomly, it seems, my game will lock up and a message will pop up in the tray saying 'Display driver has stopped working and has recovered'. I'm using an EVGA GTX 780 on Windows 7 and have tried several different drivers and yet the problem persists. Does anyone have any ideas or work arounds for this?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
On the topic of knives, I recall seeing one called the 'Improvised' knife that looks like it was made out of a shard of glass or something. I don't think it's on battlelog, so either it was there and they took it down or I'm misremembering where I saw it.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Defiant Sally posted:

I keep getting display driver errors. Randomly, it seems, my game will lock up and a message will pop up in the tray saying 'Display driver has stopped working and has recovered'. I'm using an EVGA GTX 780 on Windows 7 and have tried several different drivers and yet the problem persists. Does anyone have any ideas or work arounds for this?

I suffered with this for months until I finally read somewhere that it was a Firefox issue. Do you use Firefox? Try disabling hardware accelerations in the preferences window. That fixed it for me. (rolling back to 314.22 also fixed it, i was on a 460 GTX though)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DarkDobe posted:

A half hour well spent.

- And on the database. Enjoy! Might do Gir and Zim later.

That's pretty boring and nerdy dude. This is what I roll with:

Recluse
Mar 5, 2004

Yeah, I did that.
Has anyone been running into the memory leak in which your system starts to get choppy until it freezes and when you close out find that all your RAM has been allocated as non-paged memory? Annoying as hell and happens to me after every large conquest round when switching to a new map. Saw some older threads on it but nothing recently and looking at the DICE priority queue it's not even mentioned, which is disheartening.

Tried disabling NDU per some recommendations and that didn't help so tried setting bf4 executable to Windows 7 compatibility mode (Running Windows 8.1) and now it will instead lock on a red screen and automatically restart the computer when transitioning to new maps. Take it off compatibility mode and I get the memory leak again. I'm thinking I'll just leave it with compatibility mode enabled because at least it has the courtesy to reboot itself for me and it only happens at the start of the round instead of halfway through.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Spanish Manlove posted:

That's pretty boring and nerdy dude. This is what I roll with:

And it only gets you banned sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Robot Randy posted:

On the topic of knives, I recall seeing one called the 'Improvised' knife that looks like it was made out of a shard of glass or something. I don't think it's on battlelog, so either it was there and they took it down or I'm misremembering where I saw it.

You just described a prison shiv

• Locked thread