Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Uranium 235 posted:

Looks like we're not just farming pubbie tears anymore, boys. :getin:

I lost my tearducts when I took a UCAV to the face :(

I've actually never been killed by one except one time I was using my MAV and suddenly I was KIA despite being in uncamp with maximum cover behind a concrete corner wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
Tips for those trying to get in the bomber: You can hold down E instead of rapidly tapping E to get into the bomber. If other people are waiting and not holding E you're pretty much guaranteed to get in first.

This actually works with anything like if you're trying to hop into a vehicle before someone else or you're trying to jump on a moving vehicle.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Having unlocked the UCAV it's great being able to knock out vehicles with it from range. Works great in tandem with your buddies who are fighting another vehicle because they're so focused on what's ahead and not what's above. Even if the enemy vehicle isn't fighting it, they usually don't expect it.

Loving what use I've put it through already.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Godholio posted:

That's the junior high 5-second version of it, yeah. But there's plenty of professional reading available on the topic if you want to get past the shiny paint job and take the subject for a test drive. There's been kind of a resurgence in study in the past few years, actually.

If that's the hypocrisy that gets to you...well, ok. You probably get mad at people using naughty words in chat, too. But my main point is that it's about the dumbest thing to be offended about in a video game. Issue resolved, I guess.

I don't personally get irritated by flags or whatever, but I think normal people should inconvenience and poo poo on racists at every opportunity no matter how petty it is in an effort to either force them to quit doing it or marginalize them so much that they don't matter. So while I'm not going to fall out of my computer chair if I see a CSA flag in-game, I do think they should be reported and banned.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Has anyone else run into an issue where the firemode randomly decides to change on you, generally while spraying automatic fire around? I swear each patch makes this worse for me, but it could just be my mouse (I don't believe the firemode is bound to anything but X on the keyboard, but maybe button 4 or 5 is and I just wasn't paying attention. I'm not pressing them, but maybe the mouse is glitching out or something). It's a G9x if that jogs anyone's memories/experiences....

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pharmaskittle posted:

I don't personally get irritated by flags or whatever, but I think normal people should inconvenience and poo poo on racists at every opportunity no matter how petty it is in an effort to either force them to quit doing it or marginalize them so much that they don't matter. So while I'm not going to fall out of my computer chair if I see a CSA flag in-game, I do think they should be reported and banned.

Well I guess now I have to figure out a way to make a confederate flag out of dicks and balls.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
On my kb it's bound to V, which is the default, I think.

Sure you aren't pressing it accidentally?

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

WastedJoker posted:

On my kb it's bound to V, which is the default, I think.

Sure you aren't pressing it accidentally?

I changed it from v to x. It just sort of randomly switches modes while I'm firing, so if nobody else has this problem, my new worry is that the thumb button is somehow actuating while I hold down MB1. I'll confirm whether the thumb button is set to change firing modes when I get home; if it is, I'll just remove it.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

Pharmaskittle posted:

If it is not bothering you, why are you saying that you think 'normal' people should be crude and vile towards racists, yet on the other hand, they should be reported and banned? It sounds like you are encouraging the people to do horrible things to those that do horrible things, which is appalling because you do not have any beliefs, let alone the courage, to report those you deem racists themselves.

SaucyLoggins posted:

Tips for those trying to get in the bomber: You can hold down E instead of rapidly tapping E to get into the bomber. If other people are waiting and not holding E you're pretty much guaranteed to get in first.

This actually works with anything like if you're trying to hop into a vehicle before someone else or you're trying to jump on a moving vehicle.
Did this work for previous games of Battlefield? I have not played since Battlefield 2142 and I was thinking of getting this one. God, I missed the days of grenade spam.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I played my first game of BF4 last night. Is there any equivalent of Metro Rush for BF4, and if so, how do I avoid it?

Also how the hell do I make these loving tips go away, the setting to turn them off doesn't work

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Godholio posted:

That's the junior high 5-second version of it, yeah. But there's plenty of professional reading available on the topic if you want to get past the shiny paint job and take the subject for a test drive. There's been kind of a resurgence in study in the past few years, actually.

If that's the hypocrisy that gets to you...well, ok. You probably get mad at people using naughty words in chat, too. But my main point is that it's about the dumbest thing to be offended about in a video game. Issue resolved, I guess.

UCAV is awesome...especially being able to fly it with a joystick.

There might be some “debate” over the whether or not the Civil War was about slavery but down here in the South the people that still fly the stars and bars are overwhelmingly unapologetic racists. That said, I don’t see why people care about other people’s emblems. It’s like no cursing Counter Striker servers back in the day. I always got the excuse it’s to shield the children playing from bad influences or that the admins had strong religious beliefs. Yeah, it’s fine to simulate stabbing this dude in the throat but don’t you dare show a Nazi flag or tits! :colbert: Your emblem could be a half naked furry wifu wearing Nazi cosplay waving a CSA flag and the number of fucks I would give would still remain at zero. The UCAV does not care what your emblem is.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

SwitchbladeKult posted:

There might be some “debate” over the whether or not the Civil War was about slavery but down here in the South the people that still fly the stars and bars are overwhelmingly unapologetic racists. That said, I don’t see why people care about other people’s emblems. It’s like no cursing Counter Striker servers back in the day. I always got the excuse it’s to shield the children playing from bad influences or that the admins had strong religious beliefs. Yeah, it’s fine to simulate stabbing this dude in the throat but don’t you dare show a Nazi flag or tits! :colbert: Your emblem could be a half naked furry wifu wearing Nazi cosplay waving a CSA flag and the number of fucks I would give would still remain at zero. The UCAV does not care what your emblem is.
Seriously. The internet is serious business, remember guys?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

atomicthumbs posted:

I played my first game of BF4 last night. Is there any equivalent of Metro Rush for BF4, and if so, how do I avoid it?

Also how the hell do I make these loving tips go away, the setting to turn them off doesn't work

Don't play Operation Locker with more than 24 people. Also, don't play Rush in general. The Rush maps in Battlefield 4 are horrible and a lot of servers run them with the low default ticket value, while allowing large teams. (And there is still the fundamental problem of Rush that puts same sized teams against each other while one has an advantageous defensible position.)

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

SwitchbladeKult posted:

ed: also yeah, as someone who also actually lives down here, I don't think I've ever met anyone with a CSA flag on their house/car/body who wasn't a racist shitlord

AmyL posted:

If it is not bothering you, why are you saying that you think 'normal' people should be crude and vile towards racists, yet on the other hand, they should be reported and banned? It sounds like you are encouraging the people to do horrible things to those that do horrible things, which is appalling because you do not have any beliefs, let alone the courage, to report those you deem racists themselves.

Uh yeah, you should be lovely toward them, and I don't think getting people banned from :pcgaming: is on the same level as being a racist. Did I say that I don't personally report racists?

Whatever, it's a stupid derail. Report whoever you want.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I like to shoot Russians

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

folgore posted:

It will be modern warfare or The Future forever and ever, for that very reason. What would you unlock for WW2 guns? Probably stupid poo poo like what RO2 did, i.e. drum mag for your PPSH or a loving bayonet for your rifle. That could only go so far.

Umm ??

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pharmaskittle posted:

ed: also yeah, as someone who also actually lives down here, I don't think I've ever met anyone with a CSA flag on their house/car/body who wasn't a racist shitlord

Uh yeah, you should be lovely toward them, and I don't think getting people banned from :pcgaming: is on the same level as being a racist. Did I say that I don't personally report racists?

Whatever, it's a stupid derail. Report whoever you want.

The issue here is that you are being a shitlord about this by constantly bringing up how the confederate flag is literally the same as nazi symbolism. And yes, I agree. We should totally go out and beat the gently caress out of every redneck in the country. OR better yet, just nuke the south because holy poo poo the "I AM NOT RACIST" southerners manage to somehow be even more obnoxious than the cousin-bangers.

Ok this needs to be in a new WW2 battlefield. gently caress cornershots, we need the kornershtuffelsheissblitzen.

In other news, I was shown the instant-UCAV bug just now and holy poo poo that needs to be fixed YESTERDAY. It takes the UCAV from effective to hilariously OP and boring. You pretty much kill any armor by yourself, since you get the second strike on them before the mobility kill wears off. With the normal resupply rate, you usually give armor a chance to repair or get away if they're not stupid as gently caress, which is part of the fun-most kills you will get are off of people running against a brick wall over and over and expecting a different result.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 11, 2013

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

All these nerds turning Battlefield 4 into Shark Week are going to be disappointed when the Easter egg is just a shark action figure and interacting with it plays a Battlefield Friend's Noob sound clip to the whole server.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Do belt feeders improve only the reload time, or do they also improve how quickly the vehicle generates new ammo?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

atomicthumbs posted:

Operation Locker is the map that's most like Metro, but it has 3 lanes instead of 1, so there's lots of flanking unless player count and skill is too high (high player count with dumb players is still playable).
There's two settings for popups, one of them governs the tips and the other governs something else (keybind notations?). Be sure to turn off the right one.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Requested_Username posted:

Do belt feeders improve only the reload time, or do they also improve how quickly the vehicle generates new ammo?

My understanding is that it affects reload time.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Requested_Username posted:

An earlier answer in the thread was that they only increase pool -> magazine reload time. I don't know first-hand though.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Naturally Selected posted:

In other news, I was shown the instant-UCAV bug just now and holy poo poo that needs to be fixed YESTERDAY. It takes the UCAV from effective to hilariously OP and boring. You pretty much kill any armor by yourself, since you get the second strike on them before the mobility kill wears off. With the normal resupply rate, you usually give armor a chance to repair or get away if they're not stupid as gently caress, which is part of the fun-most kills you will get are off of people running against a brick wall over and over and expecting a different result.

Precisely. And it's so much worse when you have a squad of five people doing it together.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
The UCAV needs it's reload time fixed so it always gets the long time (the 1 minute reload it has when you don't deploy the crate before you launch).
Also it probably needs to have a pool of 2, but only do half the damage it does currently. Having to launch two UCAVs to kill (so 75 infantry damage, 25 vehicle damage) gives the receiving end some counter play, while still being just as useful offensively, by giving the support player some indirect, pin-point attack capability.

But then it wouldn't be bullshit anymore and I guess Dice forgot how to balance gadgets.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 11, 2013

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
:getout: UCAV owns and it takes like 30 seconds to arm right now

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

They should just make UCAV and SUAV premium exclusives. There, balanced. :smugbert:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I have found the maximum nerdrage build: M39 EMR, Shorty 12G, SUAV. Anyone you don't have screaming at you about the paper airplane of doom gets killed by one of the shittiest weapons in the game, or a shotgun with 3 rounds.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The poster for China Rising with the imposing bombers bearing down on the dude should be replaced with a swarm of UCAVs and SUAVs chasing him. (the actual threat)

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Uranium 235 posted:

They should just make UCAV and SUAV premium exclusives. There, balanced. :smugbert:

This but 100% totally unironically.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm going to throw in with WastedJoker and say screw UCAV spamming. Yeah yeah yeah :qq: and pubbie tears and all that poo poo, but this thread has spent roughly ten thousand pages whining about how useless wookies are and I don't really see much of a difference between the two. Then again play the game however you want and have fun so whatever.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Got this game today and it has a tendency to just freeze up on me quite a lot. Anyone know if a pc with an i5 2500k and 560ti is known to have issues with this game? Or is this just the game being itself?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Any goon who complains about UCAVs at this point instantly outs themselves as a poor and that's worth the price of Premium alone

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Robot Randy posted:

Any goon who complains about UCAVs at this point instantly outs themselves as a poor and that's worth the price of Premium alone

Please post your emblem as it's one of the best, alongside the Fox News one and Dick Menorah one.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

I'm going to throw in with WastedJoker and say screw UCAV spamming. Yeah yeah yeah :qq: and pubbie tears and all that poo poo, but this thread has spent roughly ten thousand pages whining about how useless wookies are and I don't really see much of a difference between the two. Then again play the game however you want and have fun so whatever.

I always thought it was pretty funny that goons love pubbie tears so much and yet bitch about wookies, with no sense of irony at all. What the gently caress do you think the wookies are after, goons? We have met the enemy, and he is us.

Edit: VVVVV Pfffffffffffffft.

Crigit fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 11, 2013

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

If you can't see the difference between a shithead who sits in the back and goes 1-4 the whole round and does literally nothing and someone that can two-shot armor and wipe out whole squads in a click then you're pretty dumb I think.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Um, I'm defending the flag, ok. Defense is important in Conquest? I'm holding a flag. Also I'm sending out drone after drone after. Just let us have this moment in the Sun. Let us send the wookies packing. I have never loved rooftop snipers more than the moment I launched a UCAV. I knew then it was love at first sight.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Robot Randy posted:

I'm not even remotely poor, I'm just not going to reward someone that has thrown a lovely product at me with more money. That's how you stay not poor :colbert:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

Erata posted:

Um, I'm defending the flag, ok. Defense is important in Conquest? I'm holding a flag. Also I'm sending out drone after drone after. Just let us have this moment in the Sun. Let us send the wookies packing. I have never loved rooftop snipers more than the moment I launched a UCAV. I knew then it was love at first sight.

A weaker UCAV would still let us collect sniper tears in bucket-loads. But doing it that way would feel like we earned it instead of just taking candy from a sniper-baby.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Robot Randy posted:

I am a goon and a Premium haver and I will complain about UCAVs because I hate flying forever and can't stomach trying to grind for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PapFinn
Jul 15, 2003

I am Ron Pearlman's illigitimate love child.
I'm taking a fun game an making less fun by trying to get my 3 Jet Fighter ribbons on a 400 ticket count Jet Superiority server. I finally got my first one even though I wasn't sure I'd get to five kills before the end. It was tight.

I just unlocked the 25mm Cannon. Would that be a better choice than the default 20mm? I finally have had a small amount of luck dogfighting once I stopped trying to lead with a missile and just used guns only.

• Locked thread