Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

Also am I wrong or preview spoilers Was Roy busting concrete with his bare hands!!!

No, I saw that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It's too bad we have to wait until like October for the Flash follow-up stuff though.

We'll be hearing stuff about him in Arrow though. Whether it will be updates from Felicity or news stories about a mysterious red blur, that remains yet to be seen. :flashfap:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spergatory posted:

We'll be hearing stuff about him in Arrow though. Whether it will be updates from Felicity or news stories about a mysterious red blur, that remains yet to be seen. :flashfap:

They should do a CGI background joke with him every episode. You don't even need the actor, just a red blur doing something in the background of scenes like the Observer on Fringe.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

God I was so happy when I heard Manu's voice in present day, but then the loving eyepatch just sealed it :allears:

I love this goddamn show.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Holy poo poo this loving episode! Just seriously what the hell.

You've got

Birth of Solomon Grundy
Roy getting powers
Slade / Deathstroke revealing himself
Shado dying and the reason Slade hates Oliver
THE ORIGIN OF THE FLASH
Oliver getting the Domino Mask
Tommy Shows up

I am running out of things to list, this was just incredible. I don't care I'm totally in the Arrow camp over Agents of ..

Tolstoi
Apr 3, 2001

Hollismason posted:

I'm kind of okay with that teaser of Flash. He could still show up in Arrow.

Also am I wrong or preview spoilers Was Roy busting concrete with his bare hands!!!

So does that mean Arsenal, Speedy or Red Arrow?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Episode only have a few minutes of Laura as well so that's a good thing.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

jscolon2.0 posted:

Haha, Particle Accelerator was just a red herring.

I don't wanna say "I told you so" but,

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Tolstoi posted:

So does that mean Arsenal, Speedy or Red Arrow?

Arguably, not really any of them. This show is using the comics as much more of a loose template than a strict source.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crunk Abortion posted:

It's what triggered the chemicals. Lightning doesn't make chemicals defy gravity.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Crunk Abortion posted:

Oh yeah, I'm sure that enormous explosion had nothing to do with the floating chemicals or the loving red lightning that struck him. :allears:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I really want Detective Lance to just loving admit that he knows that Ollie's the Arrow already, that's my one major massive gripe.

Well, that and Laurel but she's going through a fall and rise arc atm.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
To be fair, I posted that right as he announced being unable to see the Particle Accelerator live, and then a cut to a wet floor.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Deakul posted:

I really want Detective Lance to just loving admit that he knows that Ollie's the Arrow already, that's my one major massive gripe.

I kinda see that playing out like Gordon/Batman: An open secret that's never explicitly acknowledged.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
For once in a long while, Laurel's scenes were pretty good and served the plot well.

Also, I went to the bathroom at the tail-end of the final commercial break and missed several seconds of the last few minutes; when Slade showed up on-screen I probably would've pissed myself if I hadn't just emptied my bladder. The amount of suspense that the show has left for the short hiatus is nearly unbearable.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The fact that Slade isn't known about is even better. The final reveal of him being alive to Oliver is going to be amazing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This was a fun Christmas Carrowl

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
My fingers are crossed that the CW will do what Glee did and air the Flash pilot in May to capitalize on the post-Arrow zeitgeist.

Or at least give us a cameo in episode 20 (where the backdoor pilot would've been).

Goddamnit, I need to know. :ohdear:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Just leave the back door pilot in and cut it into like 4 episodes for more flash.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Hollismason posted:

The fact that Slade isn't known about is even better. The final reveal of him being alive to Oliver is going to be amazing.

Maybe he'll stop aiming at the eyes, it doesn't seem to work very well.

Spergatory posted:

My fingers are crossed that the CW will do what Glee did and air the Flash pilot in May to capitalize on the post-Arrow zeitgeist.

Or at least give us a cameo in episode 20 (where the backdoor pilot would've been).

Goddamnit, I need to know. :ohdear:

I think we'll see Barry again before the season ends.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Interesting that in Slade's monologue about taking everything away from Oliver that it was Felicity who was shown when he was talking about taking away those he loved.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Shakugan posted:

Interesting that in Slade's monologue about taking everything away from Oliver that it was Felicity who was shown when he was talking about taking away those he loved.

Because the writers know their audience.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Shakugan posted:

Technically he said "corrupt". Evil Felicity using iProducts incoming.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shakugan posted:

It was actually when he said he was going to corrupt those he loves. So Felicity confirmed for Season 3's villain!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Now Roy can finally return the favor and put an arrow through Oliver's leg. That was still a dick move Oliver.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Deadpool posted:

It was actually when he said he was going to corrupt those he loves. So Felicity confirmed for Season 3's villain!

Following the rules of Evil TV Doppelgangers, does that mean season 3 will feature Emily Bett Rickards wearing improbably slutty leather outfits?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I was completley floored by the pull away. How is he going to corrupt Felicity. Also the ending with Barry was the best.

Finally the worst part of the episode, as always was Laurell.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

This episode makes Sara talking about Shado and Slade earlier in the season make absolutely no sense.

quote:

Finally the worst part of the episode, as always was Laurell.

No kidding. Christmas shopping with the supervillian? Really? They're literally just trying to shoehorn her into whatever they can, hoping something works. It's not going to.

Arcanen fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 12, 2013

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Shakugan posted:

This episode makes Sara talking about Shado and Slade earlier in the season make absolutely no sense.

I thought she only asked about Slade.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You guys.

I can't.

You guys.

gently caress.

Tommy came back and I almost cried. Slade is the man behind the man and I gasped. Barry got hit with lightning and I squealed with delight.

This show rules.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Modern Slade is almost perfect.

Arrow has really nailed both Deathstroke and Merlyn, and even Blood might turn out an interesting character after all.

It's also pulling off some of the crazier poo poo really well.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Guys

GUYS!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spergatory posted:

She did. She didn't mention Shado at all.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Spergatory posted:

Yeah, I seem to recall just him. And with him still being crazy on the island, makes me wonder how much longer he'll stick around with Ollie. I was surprised they pulled him into the present so soon, I figured he would be a flashback-only type thing for awhile. Maybe Manu was tired of always being out in the rain filming.

The Flash thing was awesome looking and fairly tense. If they shoot the pilot, will they re-stage that or what I wonder. Seems weird that they're going to be tying the origin into a completely different show.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIn9IaUUeco

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Deadpool posted:

Dark Felicity

Super compressed microfibers to the rescue! :flashfap:

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 12, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Stupid double post

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

I can't get over how perfect that scene was. I was expecting the particle accelerator to play a part in this; I was not expecting it to loving explode. Can particle accelerators even do that? gently caress it, who even cares? It was awesome. The thing exploded, physics turned inside-out, lightning turned red, and a hero was born.

There has never been a more appropriate time for :flashfap:.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Incredible.

Next week, lets do that again, only without Laurel this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I was not expecting Slade at all in the current time period. That was better than the Merlyn reveal, as soon as he said something we knew who it was. It's also awesome because for the shows purposes he's basically serving sort of as Oliver's Bane which is really great.

A show needs a strong antagonist and I am so happy to see him on the show in real time.

• Locked thread