Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Max Wilco posted:

I'm not saying Deadly Premonition is a bad game, but I've heard that the Director's Cut has a lot of technical issues.

They're slowly fixing them. By slowly I mean there's a DPFix by the DSFix guy and a month or so after the game released they patched in multicore support and direct input gamepad support. None of the bugs introduced by the PS3 Director's Cut release were fixed when that got ported to the PC. So yeah those bugs are still in the game.

e: My roll on "random magic" was 80% off The Book of Unwritten Tales.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
my roll sucked but i was pleasantly surprised to see that the GOG team had gotten Wiz 8 running on mac since the last time I checked. Pretty slick.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jaramin posted:

Rolled Crusader: No Remorse for 1.79. I have no experience with this series, is it any good?

Its totally :krad: and by that I mean its simultaneously awesome and terrible.

If you can get over the controls it has amazing graphics for its time and is a pretty fun game.

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

Zaphod42 posted:

Its totally :krad: and by that I mean its simultaneously awesome and terrible.

If you can get over the controls it has amazing graphics for its time and is a pretty fun game.

It was never terrible! :flame:

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Got Total Annihilation Commander Pack for only 1.79 through the secret gift.

Tell me why this is a good choice, as I only really played Warcraft 2 as far as old RTS games go.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I think I got the best secret gift with Anachronox for $1.49.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I never realized Citizen Kabuto is considered a classic, but I'm happy I rolled it all the same! :yotj:

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Got Tomb Raider 1, 2 & 3 on the secret gift. Hit me up if you want it for $2.49.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I got new Shadow Warrior for 50% off. :geno:

I do want to play it but I can wait until its even cheaper than 10 bucks.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mercury Crusader posted:

Rolled Timeless Classics and got SimCity 2000 for $1.79 (70% off)

Yeah I bought it immediately.

I really wish they had the Windows version instead of the DOS version. I don't like the interface nearly as much. I understand that getting the windows versions of Sim games working is really hard, though. I've been trying to get my SimTower disc working again ever since I got Windows 7.

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013
I got Bard's Tale for 2.49. I'm not gonna buy it but this random sale concept is really neat.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Where did free Fallout Tactics go? I tried to get it this morning, but it wouldn't work for me and I had to go to work. I could have sworn there was like more than a day on that timer. :(

Nevermind they just don't have a banner for it on the front page anymore. :downs:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Didn't see any mention of it, but backers of Shadowrun Return can now request a GOG key on top of the Steam key they already got. You need to email Harebrained Schemes from the email address you backed the game.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Is the Last Express really as good as people say? I just got it from the Random Magic box for $1.79 and I like adventure.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Jonny Retro posted:

Is the Last Express really as good as people say? I just got it from the Random Magic box for $1.79 and I like adventure.

Judging from the Olive Branch's LP of it, yup. The voice acting is great, and they've (mostly) done a good job on their research. The premise is quite interesting, and the world around you really feels like it's in constant motion.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
My Random Magic was $2.50 Thief 2 (75% off; current sale price is $5). Not bad.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

my dad posted:

Judging from the Olive Branch's LP of it, yup. The voice acting is great, and they've (mostly) done a good job on their research. The premise is quite interesting, and the world around you really feels like it's in constant motion.

Good to hear. I really like the rotoscoping they used for the art, I think I'll go ahead and grab it.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
"Oh cool, Fallout series is free" I thought to myself. And then I remember that I already own the series on GOG.:v:

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

LEGO Genetics posted:

Tell me why this is a good choice, as I only really played Warcraft 2 as far as old RTS games go.
If you wouldn't mind, I'd happily Paypal you for a gift copy.

qwako
Sep 11, 2009
I went for Timeless Classics and got Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology for $2.99 but have literally never heard of this game. It looks like a fairly standard WW2 RTS does anyone know if there is anything special to it?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I clicked a present and it offered me a game I never heard of for 70% off.

Naturally, I bought it. :(

(It was Hammerwatch and it looked OK)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

LEGO Genetics posted:

DO IT. TA was my first RTS and is still my favorite. It has aged quite well too.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I didn't pay attention during previous GoG sales - are any of the games currently on sale for 50% off likely to drop to 75%?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Aw, I was keeping one of the 10bux coupons on gog I won. I cannot use it on shadow warrior 2013. It seems I cannot get a discounted game with the coupon.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Meh, rolled Lands of Lore 1 and 2 for my timeless classic... but I already own it. Could be cool if they would prioritise stuff you don't own as that would make people :shepspends: on stuff they haven't added to their backlog just yet. People like me. :smith:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Xander77 posted:

I didn't pay attention during previous GoG sales - are any of the games currently on sale for 50% off likely to drop to 75%?

Well, it looks like they are having different packs for sale everyday that we vote on and at least for the first one you don't have to buy the entire pack to get the discount, so anything big will likely be part of a pack. And I think last year one day they put everything that was going to be a daily deal on sale at the same time. so It's pretty likely that anything on sale at all will be cheaper at some point.

Snowman95
Nov 25, 2004
Well got

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)

for $1.79 I dig a good story, lets hope this holds up

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Snowman95 posted:

It doesn't.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Snowman95 posted:

Well got

I gave up at the halfway point, which I rarely do. (I'm also terrible at QTE's and watched the LP before) (Watch the LP instead anyways)

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Xander77 posted:

I gave up at the halfway point, which I rarely do. (I'm also terrible at QTE's and watched the LP before) (Watch the LP instead anyways)

With Indigo Prophecy that's the smartest decision you could've made.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Rolled Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum for :10bux:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Monochrome posted:

A great game for a pretty good price

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monochrome posted:

I rolled the same. For $5 :smuggo:.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Snowman95 posted:

Well got

Aha, please report back if you play the whole game. The first 66% is a fantastic game, but the final 34%.. well.. :stonklol:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

dud root posted:

Aha, please report back if you play the whole game. The first 66% is a fantastic game, but the final 34%.. well.. :stonklol:

I bought it at release, because it had an insanely good demo. I loved it, but yeah, the end is... :stare:.

That diner scene has yet to be topped by basically any adventure game ever, though.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Dont forget the scene where:

dud root 2 years ago posted:

I really liked Fahrenheit back in the day. The crazyness doesnt begin until the last 33%, and even then you just need to roll your eyes a few times & keep going. Its still enjoyable, just less so since the first 67% is much better.

If you've ever worked in an office cubicle environment there is a really funny scene that had me in stitches where you flip the gently caress out from hallucinations and dive around spraying a fire extinguisher. That bit alone is worth the price

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Well, it looks like they are having different packs for sale everyday that we vote on and at least for the first one you don't have to buy the entire pack to get the discount, so anything big will likely be part of a pack. And I think last year one day they put everything that was going to be a daily deal on sale at the same time. so It's pretty likely that anything on sale at all will be cheaper at some point.
Yeah, but it seems like a lot of the 50% off stuff IS a part of the daily deal (or whatever GoG equivalent)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

BadAstronaut posted:

Meh, rolled Lands of Lore 1 and 2 for my timeless classic... but I already own it. Could be cool if they would prioritise stuff you don't own as that would make people :shepspends: on stuff they haven't added to their backlog just yet. People like me. :smith:
I think it's meant to, but it's been only showing me some of the games I own as owned in sales lists all day. The shelf shows them all just fine. Must be server strain.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

I'm just going to post endgame spoilers for Indigo Prophecy since I think everyone should see this one way or the other -- only read this if you're too lazy to play it or watch the LP:

It turns out the Big Bad is a physical manifestation of the Internet, disguised as an old lady who can kill you on contact, but you are The One and become an animated corpse (and have paradoxical living necro sex with your GF) and in the finale you fight the Internet DBZ/Matrix style. The first half of the game has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

David Cage, ladies and gentlemen. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I'm just going to post endgame spoilers for Indigo Prophecy since I think everyone should see this one way or the other -- only read this if you're too lazy to play it or watch the LP:

It turns out the Big Bad is a physical manifestation of the Internet, disguised as an old lady who can kill you on contact, but you are The One and become an animated corpse (and have paradoxical living necro sex with your GF) and in the finale you fight the Internet DBZ/Matrix style. The first half of the game has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

David Cage, ladies and gentlemen. :shepface:

It happened because it was true to all David Cage games - there was a massive rewrite of the last third of the game at the last minute of production.