Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

CharlestonJew posted:

I wanted to see what you had originally planned for this, but I'm ok with the ending we've got now.

Here are some rooms of the house that were never explored:

Dining room:

Kitchen:

(note the PISS ON EVERYTHING filler text, as I assumed that would be the first action in every room)

Also :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCN-a0NsNk

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

>Restart, and ignore any commands involving summoning or otherwise bringing Satan into this. We need some batshit insanity that can stand on it's own.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I wonder if a good story outcome could have ever been achieved on this forum? Something where bob doesn't die a horrible death or go crazy.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Yeah before this pops along to the goldmine I'd love to hear about anything you had planned that we invariably sped/pissed/shot/shat right past, or if you had nothing other than the family members and "lets see where these horrible degeneratesgoons take us."

Goddamn great by the way :golfclap:

E:FB bigtime

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Thanks for making these Atma.

Gave me an idea for my own CYOA that I might post a week or two from now. Nobody read it it will suck.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

InFlames235 posted:

I wonder if a good story outcome could have ever been achieved on this forum? Something where bob doesn't die a horrible death or go crazy.

Are you wanting a Choose Your Own Adventure thread on here to end with a character learning a lesson and going on to live a happy and fulfilling life?

You're asking too much. We're a miserable bunch.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so was this a "see what happens thing" or was the plan to make this a groundhog day type of scenario where everything loops until bob has one day where he is a good father and husband to his family.

atma you do good work.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Atma, you literally had no puzzles or story planned did you? Just start with a guy in a house and watch the madness.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

The Protagonist posted:

Yeah before this pops along to the goldmine I'd love to hear about anything you had planned that we invariably sped/pissed/shot/shat right past, or if you had nothing other than the family members and "lets see where these horrible degeneratesgoons take us."

Goddamn great by the way :golfclap:

E:FB bigtime

After doing the adventures of satan (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3581840) I realized that the more effort I spent trying to create structure would be more effort wasted. Almost nothing I designed in that game was completed as intended. I decided this time to give goons control of a human being in a completely open world, and see what they would do. I knew there would be a lot of pissing and making GBS threads and masturbating, but I believed it would go some place magical.

As a final bonus, all I have are the extra unused screens from adventures of satan. You can imagine what you will:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
lmao holy poo poo

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

as soon as gwar got referenced i knew this was going to be magical

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
that witch

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
One of my favorite threads ever.

Please go again!

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
what the gently caress we could have hosed a mermaid

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
atma i'm legit gay for you

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
atma youre literally the best part of gbs 2.1 thank u for putting all of this effort into art about pissing and satan

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I cannot wait for your next thread Atma. Please to be doing more.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
that was a cool thread. thanks for the laughs.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

5 this thread. Make Atma mod.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Did you originally plan for us to be able to change characters or was that more of a "Huh, that would make for some good gameplay, why not?" kind of thing?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

You and extranoise should team up for a CYOA implosion of insane proportions

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Michaellaneous posted:

5 this thread. Make Atma satan.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
can you post all images of beelz you have

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Ixtlilton posted:

Did you originally plan for us to be able to change characters or was that more of a "Huh, that would make for some good gameplay, why not?" kind of thing?

The only rule I had in mind when starting out was that if Bob died, the game would reset. I let the switching thing happen because someone mentioned Maniac Mansion, and that convinced me it should be allowed. Because Maniac Mansion was the poo poo. I knew I had to limit it though, or else you could just switch to Obama or whoever you wanted in the world.

edit: Another rule I had was "no saving", because the last thread had SAVE as the first word in every command. This time it was to be operated by a series of checkpoints (established at my discretion) but surprisingly, not a one was ever needed.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Toad on a Hat posted:

You and extranoise should team up for a CYOA implosion of insane proportions

hey, remember that zombie cyoa EN did. that was fun

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
we should have given atma 16k instead of doobie

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
this was a lot of fun. poor bob.

let's do the babysitter's story next. or the story of an ant or an alien or something.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

dyzzy posted:

hey, remember that zombie cyoa EN did. that was fun

I haven't read that in forever. Happen to have a link?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

NecroMonster posted:

as soon as gwar got referenced i knew this was going to be magical

Yeah that was really the turning point, it was almost just destiny after that.

And the gwar sprites were really good too, we need a :balsac:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Kid Gloves posted:

atma youre literally the best part of gbs 2.1 thank u for putting all of this effort into art about pissing and satan

This. atma, you are a GBS 2.1 treasure. Never stop being awesome.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Kid Gloves posted:

can you post all images of beelz you have

I don't really have anything that hasn't been shown of him.

Here is an avatar sized image: (The Homosex one was too):

And a subtley animated version where he wiggles his nose every 5 seconds:

Also in previewing this I realize he is almost the exact same gray as the background of some posts. Oh well.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

axeil posted:

let's do the babysitter's story next. or the story of an ant or an alien or something.

Bum Quest?

Take that any way you will.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Toad on a Hat posted:

I haven't read that in forever. Happen to have a link?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3252409

looks like the images are all broken sadly.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

Atma posted:

I don't really have anything that hasn't been shown of him.

Here is an avatar sized image: (The Homosex one was too):

And a subtley animated version where he wiggles his nose every 5 seconds:

Also in previewing this I realize he is almost the exact same gray as the background of some posts. Oh well.

<3 id use this as an avatar immediately if my posting identity didnt require handsome anime men. im glad beelz has been with us for so long.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

>conquer

• Locked thread