Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Discendo Vox posted:

56k, I think you may have a problem.

He's a build voyeur. :wiggle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
WE HAVE CONFIRMED SANTA MASK. Comes out Monday 16th and the mission is free.

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK
Since we're talking builds, here's what I've been running with for a little while.

http://goo.gl/VYUQTP

MasterTech with a minion sort of build. Turrets, jokers, etc. I've had a lot of fun with it so far Bulletproof makes it a bit easier to convert cops under fire then some of the MasterGhosts I run with. I also usually play rifles so this gives me a few perks for them too.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Check out that 'We're putting something together for a friend' note :stare:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
It's a cool song.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Acquire Currency! posted:

Check out that 'We're putting something together for a friend' note :stare:

The best present.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ryuga Death posted:

It's a cool song.

That and the heister in the photo has a pony tail.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Acquire Currency! posted:

That and the heister in the photo has a pony tail.

And as the plane flies by taking our hard earned loot, our heisters look to the sky and and hear a faint sound. WOOOOOOllllfffffyyyy~

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crabtree posted:

And as the plane flies by taking our hard earned loot, our heisters look to the sky and and hear a faint sound. WOOOOOOllllfffffyyyy~

Followed by hurried calculations if the plane has enough fuel to get back to the UK.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

56k posted:

Here is what jumps off the page- Fully Loaded and Cable Guy (basic, or ace) are both bad.

And why are they bad? :allears:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Because if all you care about is murdering cops who cares about tying civvies down. Just murder them, everyone is level 100 with unlimited money blah blah blab

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Once I actually hit level 100 I may spec out of Cable Guy, but then I may spec out of everything, tear it all down and make a completely different build.

The main reason I don't kill all civilians all the time is that it feels really cheap, and if you somehow gently caress something up or there's an extra guard or civilian who wanders into the map later, and you get in custody during the ensuing firefight, you're going to be waiting a long, long time to get released.

In fact at that point you're probably just not going to get released, ever.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
In fact, it appears that there are 4 Santa masks, because the Reindeer Games achievement reads "Complete a heist while you and your four man crew are wearing one different 'Santa' mask each."

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
A Reindeer Games achievement that doesn't reference the powwow safe?

Shameful, Overkill.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
All these builds there goes my weekend.

I feel like fully loaded is a waste because it is hard to justify spending so many points for those extra bullets in the clip or mag or whatever the term is. I can see the argument for maybe one or two guns but that's about it. Pretty sure the guy who had that in his build said he was primarily using an AK5 and a magnum. I do not feel like either of those are worth fully loaded.

For cable guy, yeah unironically what that bro posted about just killing them.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

56k posted:

All these builds there goes my weekend.

I feel like fully loaded is a waste because it is hard to justify spending so many points for those extra bullets in the clip or mag or whatever the term is. I can see the argument for maybe one or two guns but that's about it. Pretty sure the guy who had that in his build said he was primarily using an AK5 and a magnum. I do not feel like either of those are worth fully loaded.

For cable guy, yeah unironically what that bro posted about just killing them.

Mag plus is the one that ups your mag capacity, fully loaded ups your total ammo stock (and the amount you get from ammo pickups). I only say this because what you're describing sounds like mag plus which is definitely harder to justify than fully loaded.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
I get that I am becoming a broken record with cable guy and sprinter so I will just no longer post about those skills.

If there is anyway to swap points from something else to ace underdog I think you should do it. Im not a big combat medic guy, so I would probably use those points. But since you have the sentry I can see how you kind of have a hero build to run out in the street and save a teammate. Tough call on that one. Also the ace joker I am torn on. It's such a toss up if they will even help at all and sometimes you just want to kill the computer and get a new one, but aced they take so many bullets. I don't know how you could do it but I feel like acing bulletproof should be a priority if you own it. It's a shame that those points need to be dumped into the drill to advance the tree. Solid build.

quote:

fully loaded ups your total ammo stock
Even worse then imo. I did have them mixed up though you are right.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

56k posted:

Why is it even worse? Ammo management is one of the biggest differences between success and failure in this game and having 25% more total ammo on all of your guns is a pretty good value for 4 skill points.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You can aim better or pick up corpse ammo so fully loaded isn't needed technically but I can see it being useful for some people that really want to murder cops.

Besides all this min maxing about builds is silly. The game isn't hard enough to need to be that exact. You can win proverkill Firestarter or actually cooking on Rats at level 50, worrying about your skills at 100 being perfect is unessecary.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Basically I just try to have fun.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You can only have fun with the absolute best builds though

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FishBulb posted:

You can only have fun with the absolute best builds though

Video games are just really specialized chores, right!

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
The game owns because of the variety.
I almost want to make the worst build possible. Complete with a horrible mask, and just be an absolutely worthless teammate. Crafting, Black marketeering, and somehow manage to get lucky charm without getting anything useful :coolfish:

I think I've posted the word "build" like 50 times in the last two days.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

56k posted:

I almost want to make the worst build possible. Complete with a horrible mask, and just be an absolutely worthless teammate. Crafting, Black marketeering, and somehow manage to get lucky charm without getting anything useful :coolfish:

Step away from pd2skills, and get on the ground quietly.

Eat that dirt.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

56k posted:

Sentries. You need sentries.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
"It's cool guys, I'll just put a sentry down..."
*sentry kills 3 cops, breaks*

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Ryuga Death posted:

It's a cool song.

Every single piece of music they put out ends up being pure gold. :allears:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Trailer is neat, that news ticker is a pretty cute way to list features. I only wish they had snuck in a muffled version of Dallas' Heat speech from PD1 in there.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
There are what looks like hexadecimal stuff and other code in between images of the santa masks. Anything to them? I wouldn't normally ask but since it's Overkill... :tinfoil:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

56k posted:

No skill points into anything is the worse build?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
So are Ghosts really getting stealth grenades? :haw:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

"It's cool guys, I'll just put a sentry down..."
*sentry kills 3 cops, breaks*

If they had triple the ammo, triple the accuracy and did some damage then it might be worth taking them. Even then it's probably not as worth it as double stacked double ammo bags or C4. I want sentries to be good.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If they just staggered a shield like enforcer melee...

Caufman
May 7, 2007
If I saw turrets shooting rockets, I might not look at them with as much contempt as I do now.

Medium Style
Oct 11, 2002

John Murdoch posted:

So are Ghosts really getting stealth grenades? :haw:

Yes, you can throw them and silently take down your enemies. They are called "rocks".

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

There are what looks like hexadecimal stuff and other code in between images of the santa masks. Anything to them? I wouldn't normally ask but since it's Overkill... :tinfoil:

Yeah, that's...wow. That's certainly something.

first image
second image
third image
fourth image
fifth image
sixth image

Images 4 and 6 are the only ones likely to contain anything potentially interesting, actually.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 13, 2013

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK
I think sentries get a bad rap, they're not that terrible, they can make a good distraction or help hold a choke point. Shields are really the only thing that straight up break them and even then if you're in the area they can give you the time to get behind the shield and finish it off. I would like to see some armor penetration, or shield staggering to help fix the "Unloaded all your ammo into one shield" problem.

56k posted:

I get that I am becoming a broken record with cable guy and sprinter so I will just no longer post about those skills.

If there is anyway to swap points from something else to ace underdog I think you should do it. Im not a big combat medic guy, so I would probably use those points. But since you have the sentry I can see how you kind of have a hero build to run out in the street and save a teammate. Tough call on that one. Also the ace joker I am torn on. It's such a toss up if they will even help at all and sometimes you just want to kill the computer and get a new one, but aced they take so many bullets. I don't know how you could do it but I feel like acing bulletproof should be a priority if you own it. It's a shame that those points need to be dumped into the drill to advance the tree. Solid build.

Yeah, I've had a lot of fun with the build so far. Ace Underdog would be pretty awesome, but I also don't really want to feel too invested into a third tree if the cost is going to go up soon enough.
I agree with Aced Joker, it's not bad, but it doesn't feel like the bonus is enough once you're a little bit further into a heist. My guys just don't seem to last enough longer then my un-aced friends to make it worth that many points. Ditching it though only saves me 2 skill points in the end, since I need to dump at least 5 somewhere else, and would more then likely dump 6 into acing leadership and endurance since the other skills are useless to me. Though, that would give me enough points to ace bullet proof still. I don't know, might just need to do it and try them out.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

Opals25 posted:

I think sentries get a bad rap, they're not that terrible, they can make a good distraction or help hold a choke point. Shields are really the only thing that straight up break them and even then if you're in the area they can give you the time to get behind the shield and finish it off. I would like to see some armor penetration, or shield staggering to help fix the "Unloaded all your ammo into one shield" problem.

Goldfarb talked about giving sentries an armor piercing bullet skill but like a lot of things it's disappeared into this nebulous MEGA SKILL UPDATE that they keep teasing.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Medium Style posted:

Yes, you can throw them and silently take down your enemies. They are called "rocks".

You still only get three though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think the silenced grenades thing is in reference to a glitch that let you put a silencer on a grenade. I've only ever seen a screenshot, though.

• Locked thread