Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

EDIT: oh god I was so confused

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

ninjewtsu posted:

Wait what?
It is a prestigious award.

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
The Kickstarter for my game Scraps is now funded, yay. Someone asked about an alternate payment option earlier. A PayPal option is now available from the main page.

Sadly OuterWorlds Online didn't make its goal, so we may never see the MOBA DOTA RTS RPG open-world sandbox exploration MMO that the world was waiting for.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hey people, Mighty No 9 hired a :siren:GIRL:siren: as their community manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXDSfUJBCj0

Fortunately, Axemaniac and Inafune has responded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S_S39kSCDI

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 14, 2013

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The MSJ posted:

Fortunately, Axemaniac and Inafune has repsonded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S_S39kSCDI

Holy poo poo, this is perfect :allears:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

What's going on I don't understand :psyduck:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Liberals getting mad at conservatives, who then proceed to get mad at conversatives. The eternal cycle of politics, essentially. Just stay far far away from this conversation and never look back, lest ye be exposed to endless cries of "Check your privilege, shitlord" and "Shut up, you SJW human being" from college-aged kids who swear up and down that they "know" politics.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Thin veiled sexists freak out about a girl.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

S.J. posted:

Don't start this poo poo. I swear to god, don't you do it. I've had enough of this poo poo. You know exactly what will happen as a result of this. Do you want to read a multi-page shitfest that will eventually stray so far away from video games that it will be as if you had stepped into D&D on accident? Or do you want to save us all some stress and talk about the fact that the early beta of Wasteland 2 is pretty loving rad and I encourage you all to try it out if you have the money and the patience to deal with any bugs? Because I sure do love talking about Wasteland.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

SunAndSpring posted:

Don't start this poo poo. I swear to god, don't you do it. I've had enough of this poo poo. You know exactly what will happen as a result of this. Do you want to read a multi-page shitfest that will eventually stray so far away from video games that it will be as if you had stepped into D&D on accident? Or do you want to save us all some stress and talk about the fact that the early beta of Wasteland 2 is pretty loving rad and I encourage you all to try it out if you have the money and the patience to deal with any bugs? Because I sure do love talking about Wasteland.

Hi you're new here.

Lurk more. Goons are capable of discussing this stuff without backseat moderation from you, a guy who clearly doesn't know the culture of these forums. Thanks.

SerialGhost
Dec 19, 2012

Excellent!

S.J. posted:

That isn't the reason people are upset

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

SerialGhost posted:

You're right. It's not even thinly veiled.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

So start talking about Wasteland, then. :munch: I'm interested to hear what you have to say, I haven't been paying attention to Wasteland much at all.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

You're right. It's not even thinly veiled.

Some of them are racist too instead of just sexist. (Courtesy gamers.txt)

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
:wtc:

What horrible people.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I just love how people are reacting like this for a loving community manager.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

S.J. posted:

So start talking about Wasteland, then. :munch: I'm interested to hear what you have to say, I haven't been paying attention to Wasteland much at all.

You know, the only Wasteland around here is the moral probity of those people upset over a non-white girl being on a dev team that's working on THEIR game.

:v:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

NTRabbit posted:

No idea, and finding out apparently involves watching an annoying voiced man narrate gaming news for twenty loving minutes, so I'll probably never know.

The second video was hilarious though. Watched that one twice.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

lizzyinthesky posted:

Sounds like someone from 4chan having a giggle. Doubt anyone in their right mind that isn't the proudest Stormfront user ever would admit to a video game journalist "Hey I loving hate all Lebanese people."

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fintilgin posted:

No idea, and finding out apparently involves watching an annoying voiced man narrate gaming news for twenty loving minutes, so I'll probably never know.

I watched most of it. It was basically "this girl said in one Twitter tweet that she never played a megaman game, but in a forum post LATER ON she said she thought Mega Man X was the best Mega Man game. LIAR!!!!!!"

It was also about how Anita Sarkeesian(she's a cutie :blush:) has only released three videos since her Kickstarter funded.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Her YouTube videos are pretty impressive trolling and I'm not sure that would be the best person to be community manager since their job is to make people happy, not piss them off.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fintilgin posted:

Some lady who submitted OC of Beck from Mighty Number 9 as a girl got hired by Comcept as a community manager. Some people looked through her tweets, found out that she had never played Mega Man before and was hired through her boyfriend (or best friend, dunno) and proceeded to get upset that she was hired despite being unqualified in their eyes. Unfortunately, some people went about it in the dumbest, most poo poo-headed way possible, and now you've got people straw-manning the hell out of all of them as misogynists. Really dumb situation that makes me glad I didn't donate.

And I realize that, despite making a rant about talking about this poo poo, I'm talking about this poo poo. So, I'm just gonna go, see if I can find where I left 20 or some of my IQ points at, and chill out while playing Wasteland 2. Seriously, cannot recommend it enough and I'm eager to play the other two games of the Holy Kickstarter CRPG Trinity, Pillars of Eternity and Torment.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 14, 2013

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I like how Beck's armor looks like a fluffy turtleneck.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

You don't have to have played any of the games before to get the job, or any games job. It's a professional position, not the nominated "Biggest Fan in the Universe". If she has actual CM qualifications and experience then what's the big deal?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

NTRabbit posted:

You don't have to have played any of the games before to get the job, or any games job. It's a professional position, not the nominated "Biggest Fan in the Universe". If she has actual CM qualifications and experience then what's the big deal?

Well, but you see... I'm not a misogynist but... I don't consider myself to be a "gamer" per se, but...
:goonsay:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I just love how people are reacting like this for a loving community manager.

You should see the backlash moderators get on these forums :blush:

SerialGhost
Dec 19, 2012

Excellent!

lizzyinthesky posted:

Hi you're new here.

Lurk more. Goons are capable of discussing this stuff without backseat moderation from you, a guy who clearly doesn't know the culture of these forums. Thanks.

lizzyinthesky posted:

Do you ever think before reading things

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

SunAndSpring posted:

Sounds like someone from 4chan having a giggle. Doubt anyone in their right mind that isn't the proudest Stormfront user ever would admit to a video game journalist "Hey I loving hate all Lebanese people."
Doubt no more, my potentially misogynistic friend!

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

SerialGhost posted:

Do you ever think before reading things

I read and re-read your sentence fragment post but can't find an actual context.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Doubt no more, my potentially misogynistic friend!

Please don't accuse me of poo poo like that. I dunno what I did to set you off, but I'm not a guy who hates women.

SerialGhost
Dec 19, 2012

Excellent!

lizzyinthesky posted:

I read and re-read your sentence fragment post but can't find an actual context.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

The MSJ posted:

Holy loving poo poo who is this guy.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
So we're past the 'desperately try to defend lovely 4chan garbage' part of this discussion and into the ad hominem part. Goons never change

:allears:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yeah ok this is going well, so let's talk about something that all Americans can really understand and get behind - a game about the 1979 Iranian Revolution where you play an idealistic young Iranian revolutionary overthrowing the US backed Shah and his government :jihad:

It seems like an interesting setting, but it's not going to fund sadly. Possibly the gameplay lacking a little bit?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 14, 2013

SerialGhost
Dec 19, 2012

Excellent!

SerialGhost posted:

Look at this obnoxious 4chan apologist bullshit who the hell does this guy think he is???

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
It's actually astounding to me that there are people out there who thing a Community Manager position is a coveted one that she acquired thought nepotism and cronyism. I mean holy loving poo poo do these people hang out at restaurants being jealous of busboys?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

It's actually astounding to me that there are people out there who thing a Community Manager position is a coveted one that she acquired thought nepotism and cronyism. I mean holy loving poo poo do these people hang out at restaurants being jealous of busboys?

I thought they said she was also an enemy designer?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I thought his OUYA thing was kinda funny and then I heard "and let's not forget about Anita" and nope

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Drifter posted:

The item on the kickstarter page and website said only that she was a community manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
^^ well whichever good for her if she is

Drifter posted:

Fine but it's not like it makes all this any less loving sad. Holy poo poo this person who is working on this video game I'm obsessing about has :siren:OPINIONS:siren: someone alert the goddamn internet detectives we gotta shut this down.

e: I'm sorry if I'm riled up there's just been so much gross poo poo towards women in the video games community over the past week it's loving sickening to me. I hate this crap so much