Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Gromit posted:

You should try raw octopus tentacle some time then. It's actually pretty good, although the slimy texture will make me not order it again.

I've had it in sushi rolls. I didn't think it was slimy but kind of rubbery. They also left one tentacle long and hanging out of the roll. I'd like to dangle it out o my mouth and try to kiss my girlfriend. "Come on baby, lets be an anime."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Best way is to grill up baby octopus. The tentacles curl up and become nice and crunchy, while the heads are still soft and delicious.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I have some pickled octopus in the fridge; It's not very good and mostly just tastes vinegary. The best way to eat octopus is on pizzas, especially when they're those tiny little ones and they put them on whole.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.
It's always been tough for me because they are my favorite animal, but they also taste amazing.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Why are tentacle fetishists discussing their perverse habits in the funny pictures thread? There are many internet communities out there that more closely share your uh, tastes.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Kanfy posted:

Why are tentacle fetishists discussing their perverse habits in the funny pictures thread? There are many internet communities out there that more closely share your uh, tastes.

Holy crap, that cat is Wilford Brimley incarnate.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

From https://twitter.com/___ayatakaoisii/

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Leofish posted:

It does look delicious, but also intentionally weird. It's funny.

For content: The 90's!

Yeah, Gary Sinise's film career kind of tanked in the 00's didn't it?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Tiggum posted:

I have some pickled octopus in the fridge; It's not very good and mostly just tastes vinegary. The best way to eat octopus is on pizzas, especially when they're those tiny little ones and they put them on whole.

An important lesson I have learned is that a fried baby octopus appetizer is great for keeping small children entertained at a nice restaurant.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Welp, calling up my buddies and taking them out of town to have lunch at Papadeaux. Thanks thread.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I guess we're done laughing at the guy who has never heard of calamares. Now I'm just really, really hungry.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Pfft. More like PB&institutionalizedracism.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Yeah sorry, you guys dont know what fresh octopus really is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_hlZWm7Qw

It tasted like squirming and sauces. Oh, and one of the tentacles sucked onto my gums and I had to pry it off with the chop sticks.

Speaking of which!

*its fake...

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

psyopmonkey posted:

Yeah sorry, you guys dont know what fresh octopus really is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_hlZWm7Qw

It tasted like squirming and sauces. Oh, and one of the tentacles sucked onto my gums and I had to pry it off with the chop sticks.

Speaking of which!

*its fake...

You can tell because that is obviously a tree octopus and has no reason to be anywhere close to the ocean.

Here, we have a juvenile pacific northwest tree octopus in its natural habitat:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Octopus and squid just isn't my thing. I've had it on Sushi and via salad but the texture is just too much. I don't like Eel either.

What was that one horrifying gif where someone put soy sauce on an octopus and it started flailing around.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Soulex posted:

Octopus and squid just isn't my thing. I've had it on Sushi and via salad but the texture is just too much. I don't like Eel either.

What was that one horrifying gif where someone put soy sauce on an octopus and it started flailing around.

Mmmm, delicious!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Mmmm, delicious!

Lil friend is just saying hello! Even though its brains and guts are missing.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
I don't care about the science behind it, that's still horrifying every time I see it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure an octopus has a distributed nervous system, so you can't remove the brains per se. It probably still feels pain at that point.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Pretty sure an octopus has a distributed nervous system, so you can't remove the brains per se. It probably still feels pain at that point.

It's the salt in the soy sauce reacting with the squid's musculature. It's dead.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Mmmm, delicious!

And here's a picture for you fine folks, because the above is a jiff.

kinmik has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Dec 17, 2013

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

psyopmonkey posted:

My cousin had one on a boat cruise in Korea.
Supposed to chop off the legs, dip one in sesame oil, bite hard, then swallow.

According to her, she didn't bite hard enough, or something, and some of the suckers latched onto her throat while she was swallowing it.
She eventually managed to get it down, but I can't even imagine what that must have felt like.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Buzkashi posted:

It's the salt in the soy sauce reacting with the squid's musculature. It's dead.

Works with frog legs too!
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...e=hello+my+baby

VVVVV Caught me mid-edit, GMTA

Nastyman has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Dec 17, 2013

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

HELLO MY BABY
HELLO MY HONEY
HELLO MY RAGTIME GAAAAAAAAAL

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Buzkashi posted:

I saw Oldboy recently, the scene where he bites the "head" off an octopus and eats it whole and it's slapping at his face with the tentacles made me google the anatomy. The "head" is just the stomach rear end and balls of the octopus. The brain is a lump right above the eyes.
It's still horrifying to watch. Octopuses are smart as poo poo but then again so are pigs. Meat eating is a horror if you stop to think about it ever.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I feel okay eating pigs because if there's one meat animal that you can say with absolute certainty would have no problem eating you, it's pigs.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Benagain posted:

I feel okay eating pigs because if there's one meat animal that you can say with absolute certainty would have no problem eating you, it's pigs.

Chickens are assholes, don't feel guilty.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
I'm okay eating any meat animal, because if it wasn't for us eating them, they'd have no purpose on the planet and would be extinct.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Captain Trips posted:

I'm okay eating any meat animal, because if it wasn't for us eating them, they'd have no purpose on the planet and would be extinct.

Hah, you've never seen a domesticated pig gone feral, have you? They can gently caress all the poo poo up.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

animatorZed posted:

My cousin had one on a boat cruise in Korea.
Supposed to chop off the legs, dip one in sesame oil, bite hard, then swallow.

According to her, she didn't bite hard enough, or something, and some of the suckers latched onto her throat while she was swallowing it.
She eventually managed to get it down, but I can't even imagine what that must have felt like.

That's been a CSI plot more than once, people choking because they ate live octopodes that suckered onto their throat - the idea of it being a real thing that might happen is so weird :psyduck:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Benagain posted:

Cows don't give a gently caress either.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Benagain posted:

ColHannibal posted:

Chickens are assholes, don't feel guilty.

RatHat posted:

Cows don't give a gently caress either.

Couldn't ask for better timing:

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Leofish posted:

It does look delicious, but also intentionally weird. It's funny.

For content: The 90's!

Is that Gore's dick?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I worked on a farm as a kid.

Cows are some of the most retarded creatures on the earth, and if we DIDN'T eat them, they would come for our families in the night.

There's a reason we eat them, and aliens come down to experiment on them, and that reason is they are colossal assholes who happen to be tasty.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

bean_shadow posted:

Is that Gore's dick?

Somebody finally said it!

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Is it wrong that whenever I see this I always think it would be funnier if the pig was the one who thought Hitler was ok?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Pat Mustard posted:

Is it wrong that whenever I see this I always think it would be funnier if the pig was the one who thought Hitler was ok?

I think there's two versions, and the other one does end with the Hitler panel.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Pat Mustard posted:

In what way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Frostwerks posted:

In what way?

I guess because of the whole pork/kosher/Hitler disliking the Jews thing. Although thinking about it further the pig should be against religions that don't prohibit the eating of pork. So I withdraw my earlier comment. Pigs should hate Hitler.

• Locked thread