Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

I really need to stop doing Repede-related searches.

Not only is this horrifying, but lacking in attention to detail, he has no pipe. I am very disappointed in you internet.

LeafyOrb fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Kuvo posted:

I wonder if Cold Steel make the Tengu Weedsword?

Can't wait for it to show up on the yearly Dads With Swords Christmas Special.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
It's funny that you mentioned Skyward Sword, because I was just recently thinking about how I never finished that game due to feeling burnt out by it. It had some cool ideas, but I found the combat really tedious and grew tired of it a few dungeons in. I wanna go back and finish it sometime, but I won't have easy access to my wii for awhile.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

The music composer is Motoi Sakuraba, and yeah, his work for Tales has been very mediocre for a while. Which is unfortunate, because Sakuraba can actually do some incredible soundtracks if people let him.

The only main Tales game he hasn't done is Legendia, Go Shiina was responsible for that one, and what do you know, it actually has the best music in the series.

Sakuraba is okay when he tries to experiment, but most of the time he ends up just leaning on the same chirpy town themes, overbearingly generic overworld themes, and "quirky" cutscene tunes. Hell, even his battle music is starting to get old, and that's clearly his strong point. Honestly, they just need to get a new composer for this series so Sakuraba can work on something else.

For those curious, this is what it sounds like when he gets experimental:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B64f48ewdo

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Lance Streetman posted:

"quirky" cutscene tunes.

Vesperia's quirky tune/Rita's theme always reminds me of the Desian base theme from Symphonia even though they aren't that similar at all.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Ep 36: Aer 104: How Bags Work Youtube

Edmond Dantes posted:

I really need to stop doing Repede-related searches.

Sadly this is not even close to the most horrifying Skyrim mod

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 20, 2013

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
I thought we already established the heart shot(Bouquet) charms enemies. Hell, it worked the first time the LP showed it off.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
So, that fight in the captain's cabin got changed into a proper boss fight in the PS3 version:

Yes. That's a skeleton pirate captain, wielding a gun and an anchor-sword.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why is his armor a skull? Wouldn't that be like Yuri having a picture of his face on his chest?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Because he's the head of a yet larger skeleton knight.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Kuvo posted:

Why is his armor a skull? Wouldn't that be like Yuri having a picture of his face on his chest?

Standard anime dress code applies: more skulls = more evil.

Also, I forgot to mention that he's also (Patty spoilers in here, if anyone cares) Patty's dead husband/first mate: Seifer.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I'm guessing this isn't what you guys had in mind. It's not what I had in mind when I started, but hey, it's a serviceable gif.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 20, 2013

silentbrains
Mar 18, 2009
Made an attempt. Interest and attention to detail tapered off uh almost immediately.

Where's Repede 1
Where's Repede 2
Where's Repede 3

Aka "Where's Repede's Tail" or "Where's Repede's Hashpipe" or "Are you sure that's not a pommel?"

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Okay, that really has to be intentional. Some of these are amazing.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

silentbrains posted:

Made an attempt. Interest and attention to detail tapered off uh almost immediately.

Where's Repede 1
Where's Repede 2
Where's Repede 3

Aka "Where's Repede's Tail" or "Where's Repede's Hashpipe" or "Are you sure that's not a pommel?"

You are doing gods work and have earned a spot in the second post.

I'm somewhat shocked we didn't notice it sooner as some of these are truly artistic

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

The ones that get me laughing the most are ones where Repede is facing away from the camera and/or in the complete opposite direction to everyone else. That dog clearly gives no fucks.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Karol is actually really fun to play. Once my friend demanded I stop hogging Yuri, I swapped to Karol for the rest of the game.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Ahahaha, the "where's Repede" series is amazing, someone made a conscious effort on those.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Karol, a man has to know how to take care of his bag.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy Bottles are sold at shops. If you buy them and then use them, you can skip fights easier. [You have to literally rub up against the enemies to get into a fight with them.] Plus they won't run at you either.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
The second part of this is what drove me to quit my hard mode game. gently caress playing as Rita/Estelle/Karol.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Derpes posted:

Is this better?

Also, Kuvo, your party will stop complaining about hunger if you actually cook food instead of letting them starve.

The best part of this is that they sound effects are in-sync with the music.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KingEffingFrost posted:

The second part of this is what drove me to quit my hard mode game. gently caress playing as Rita/Estelle/Karol.

I must just play too many games then cause splitting your party up sent a clear signal that something was gonna happen and I was gonna have to play everyone else. So I left Repede to hang back.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I too love Kanji. Let's be bros.

Innovacious
Jun 27, 2012

Drink Lucozade to keep your energy maintained!
Amused me more than it should have, she is just so nonchalant about it

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

RareAcumen posted:

I must just play too many games then cause splitting your party up sent a clear signal that something was gonna happen and I was gonna have to play everyone else. So I left Repede to hang back.

Yuri auto-recruits Repede during the cutscene talking about splitting up, so I don't think you can actually do that. Scooby and Shaggy stick together.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

gnome7 posted:

Yuri auto-recruits Repede during the cutscene talking about splitting up, so I don't think you can actually do that. Scooby and Shaggy stick together.

Yup, you only get to pick two people to come with Yuri; Repede ain't gonna miss out on spooky ghost ship.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

KingEffingFrost posted:

Yes, gently caress playing with a good physical attacker, a good mage, and a healer for like five minutes where you don't even have to fight anything. That is literally the worst thing I can think of happening in a video game.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Hikarusa posted:

Yes, gently caress playing with a good physical attacker, a good mage, and a healer for like five minutes where you don't even have to fight anything. That is literally the worst thing I can think of happening in a video game.

Nah man it would only be bearable if the physical guy was also a healer and the healer was also a mage.

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010
I'm pretty sure you could have bought some holy bottles from Kaufman and just run past all the enemies without fighting them as well, but yeah, playing as Karol or Rita isn't really a punishment since they're pretty good. Karol doesn't have a problem against birds like Repede does since he has a shoryuken move that knocks them to the ground and Rita can exploit enemy weaknesses to do massive damage so even if you fight the enemies there shouldn't be a problem.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gnome7 posted:

Maybe it was Raven then? I dunno, I either left someone back or just didn't have much trouble with it since I play video games sober. :v:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

silentbrains posted:

Where's Repede 1
Where's Repede 2
Where's Repede 3

I love you. Keep going.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Singh Long posted:

I thought we already established the heart shot(Bouquet) charms enemies. Hell, it worked the first time the LP showed it off.

Only if you hit them from behind.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 37: Repede's No. 1 Youtube

The LP is going to be going on a bit of a hiatus for the next few weeks due to year-end scheduling shenanigans. It should pick up sometime mid January. Take this time to reflect on how Estelle knew what the dogs were talking about.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kuvo posted:

Ep 37: Repede's No. 1 Youtube

The LP is going to be going on a bit of a hiatus for the next few weeks due to year-end scheduling shenanigans. It should pick up sometime mid January. Take this time to reflect on how Estelle knew what the dogs were talking about.

I stopped playing right after getting to the pirate ghost boat, so I never got to see the Dag fight. That was goddamn genius, I think I would have kept playing if I'd seen it. :allears:

Also, the dog in Shadow Hearts is bloody amazing, but nothing in that game will top THE MAN FESTIVAL

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Code Lyoko was just French, not French Canadian. Totally Spies was thought up by Canadians, but made by a French studio. :eng101:

I did not know that Totally Spies is still airing in Europe, and is on it's sixth season. There was a movie and a freaking event at the Palace of Versailles for the sixth season's premier. :psyduck:

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
There's also a spinoff call "The Amazing Spiez", which has a character voiced by Claire Redfield's VA. I think I need to stay away from Resident Evil.

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010
The find Clay sidequest gives you a cool costume for Yuri as well if Tiger Blade wasn't good enough for you Kuvo.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

It's amazing how many RPGs learned nothing from Earthbound, if I'm going to kill an enemy in one hit just loving skip it.

Also this is a good time to post this farside comic.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Going around the world to help a dog win a literal pissing match. What an amazing sidequest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really liked Estelles reaction. "Here Karol! I brought you a pen, so you can note every place the dog pissed on." He has abosolutely no context.

• Locked thread