Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Everyone watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, by the way.

Merry Christmas. You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Mu first exposure to JoJo way back was the Playstation 1 fighting game a good chunk before suddenly there were all the memes, which had a bitchin story mode that went across that whole arc, (Why yes, we will include coin drop and poker minigames for the gambler fight. And send your stand on a scrolling shooter Segment shrunken down through someone's body).

When I got the Dreamcast version down the line, I was surprised and disappointed it was just the Arcade Fighter because "Why would a release on a better system have less stuff :downs:"

EDIT: vvv Yup, the PS1 story mode starts you out in that Cell. I love how JoJo is both responsible and irresponsible as gently caress right there. "I may be a danger to others, I had better confine myself. Now to shotgun a beer and steal a sweet stereo for my stay."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 25, 2013

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Watch the show and read the comic.

Specifically, start reading the comic from this point: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/jojo_s_bizarre_adventure/v012/c114/

Because this is were the series truly became the classic it is - it's the recommended starting point for any newcomers to the series. (This next summer, the anime adaption of that part of the comic is going to be released in Japan as well.)

The anime you can watch to start with even though it covers parts 1 & 2 because they present it amazingly well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aB-LZfxCZs

Merry Smissmas.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 25, 2013

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Spacedad posted:

Watch the show and read the comic.

Specifically, start reading the comic from this point: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/jojo_s_bizarre_adventure/v012/c114/

Because this is were the series truly became the classic it is - it's the recommended starting point for any newcomers to the series. (This next summer, the anime adaption of that part of the comic is going to be released in Japan as well.)

The anime you can watch to start with even though it covers parts 1 & 2 because they present it amazingly well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aB-LZfxCZs

Merry Smissmas.

Sorry to keep adding to the derail but if you did some kind of TF2/Jojo crossover art I would pay you for a print in an instant.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Just popping in to say the new Short Circuit is hilariously broken. It even destroys projectiles coming from behind you. It's like it makes a giant bubble around you. There's no skill involved in actually timing the shot, since it's like a rapid-fire win card against all projectile classes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

To further continue the derail in an informative fashion, there's been two different Jojo's series put out so far. The old one only covers the 3rd arc which happens to be the most popular arc but it makes no sense at all in context. The new series started at the beginning like Spacedad said, and has only covered arcs 1 & 2 so far with the 3rd on the way relatively soon. Make sure to watch that one, as the story is crazy as hell but it makes sense in its own weird way as long as you start from the beginning.

I would buy Jojo's-inspired TF2 cosmetic items in a flash if they existed.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

I'm feeling really guilty about the thread hijack now so let's try to only bring up Jojo again if it involves screenshots of TF2 player loadouts dressing as Jojo characters or something. :ohdear:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Slowpoke! posted:

Just popping in to say the new Short Circuit is hilariously broken. It even destroys projectiles coming from behind you. It's like it makes a giant bubble around you. There's no skill involved in actually timing the shot, since it's like a rapid-fire win card against all projectile classes.

Yeah, it's really fun join a payload server and seeing a scoreboard like

Short Circuit Engie 115 points
Short Circuit Engie 93 points
Short Circuit Engie 82 points
Medic 45 Points
Combat Class 39 points
etc.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Valve just needs to not release weapons and Balance patches in December

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
You'd think one of the 5 Snipers on defense would be able to headshot an Engineer on a payload cart.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

You'd think one of the 5 Snipers on defense would be able to headshot an Engineer on a payload cart.

Not when they're all using the Huntsman!

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Not when they're all using the Huntsman!

Or using that goddamned noisemaker as a Romulan cloaking device!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Three times I've tried to play TF2 tonight and three times I've had to close it from the task manager. Did Valve ever say they were working on whatever caused people's display drivers to crash?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I have a weird issue with the killstreak fabricators. I have all the parts needed for one but the game will not let me use it, any ideas why?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

ChaseSP posted:

I have a weird issue with the killstreak fabricators. I have all the parts needed for one but the game will not let me use it, any ideas why?

Use the fabricator, add the parts needed, then fabricate the kit to apply. The X/30 in the corner of each fabricator shows the number of components you HAVE but you need to input then to make a kit.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Mintergalactic posted:

Sorry to keep adding to the derail but if you did some kind of TF2/Jojo crossover art I would pay you for a print in an instant.

Kritz medics partnered with individual pocket fist eviction notice heavies (and other things) would probabaly be an excuse for a funhavers Jojo eveORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

I'll run that gimmick the week after the pirate one if people are up for it.

I'm really happy with how many "I hate anime but I love Jojo" people there are these days. (Makes me wonder if they'd love anime if they knew about Jojo a long time ago though.) It seems the comic was way ahead of its time for the US (though much of Europe got way into it - to the point that Araki has a permanent display of his work in the Louvre) but now it seems to have caught US people's interest with the anime adaption.

Also, this is what we'll be seeing in 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPxXvrjpxCk

Yes, they set it to dub wubs. :rock:

Have a beautiful duwangmass!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

drat it Valve, start banning market bots already so it's actually possible to buy a card from the steam market without having to refresh the page ten times.

John T Scrungus
Oct 23, 2010

:confused:

Collateral Damage posted:

drat it Valve, start banning market bots already so it's actually possible to buy a card from the steam market without having to refresh the page ten times.

I remember hearing that Valve banned a guy who had at least 10 or so accounts that he used to snipe stuff from the market when it first came out.

So it's likely they will but who knows.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Without them you couldn't sell yours, double standards ahoy !

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I've never sold anything on the steam marketplace.

I bought three sets of snowglobe cards. Got the soldier smissmat hat from the first set. From the other two I got dumb poo poo for games I don't even have. :argh:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Well, if you have no use for these 2... Sell them :downs:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

They're valued at like 2 cents on the marketplace. :suicide:

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
It's kind of poo poo that they don't give you any kind of choice in what you get for that, seriously who is hoping for Ragnarok Online 2 items?

RKTM
Jul 17, 2009

Spacedad posted:

I'm feeling really guilty about the thread hijack now so let's try to only bring up Jojo again if it involves screenshots of TF2 player loadouts dressing as Jojo characters or something. :ohdear:

Not to derail again or anything, but I've got some Jojo dress up loadouts. I've actually been using Engineer as a Stroheim, even though he's the second least german character in tf2.

And the actual german I've had dressed up as an old english dude.

Once I can get them cheaply I wanna get purple killstreak sheens for at least the medigun or amputator. I also think scout could do a young Joseph loadout: Front Runner, Merc's Muffler, and Digit Divulger, but the headband isn't right and painting the scarf only paints the stripes instead of the whole thing.

I'm not ashamed to say I've spent time thinking of how to dress up my TF2 men as anime characters.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

My girlfriend keeps saying that her darkest fear is putting together the cards and getting the Unparalleled War Thunder Snowflake. I think that's like the the ultimate lump of coal. They couldn't even be arsed to make like, a Christmas tree or something, they're all just slightly different snowflakes.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I've never sold anything on the steam marketplace.

I bought three sets of snowglobe cards. Got the soldier smissmat hat from the first set. From the other two I got dumb poo poo for games I don't even have. :argh:

Who on earth buys a goddamn trading card?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Speaking of which, has nobody crafted a Randolph the Blood-Nosed Caribou yet? That's what it's saying according to that item page.

Whoever gets that thing is gonna be rich. Hat rich.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Finished my second Twin Cities tour, got a specialized kill-streak fab kit for a Wrap Assassin.

Thanks Valve, I'm done with MvM. You got $8 outta me. Hope it was worth it.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Honestly with what it will cost to get a drop of the kit you want for the weapon you want with the effect you want save the money you'd spend on tickets and buy the kit off the market place. Unless you're insane and trying to get gold weapons or, hallowed be thy name, The Gold Pan

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Honestly with what it will cost to get a drop of the kit you want for the weapon you want with the effect you want save the money you'd spend on tickets and buy the kit off the market place. Unless you're insane and trying to get gold weapons or, hallowed be thy name, The Gold Pan

I've been funding my MvM (and earlier naughty keys) through a professional killstreak kit fabricator for a knife, which I was never going to use and managed to offload on the market for $30. Bought plenty of half-off tickets, but now I kind of regret gambling on those naughty crates, even though I have a set of this year's festives in unique quality. I could've bought more tickets! :shepface:

I don't even know what I want as far as professional killstreaks go. I've just been playing MvM to play overpowered goofy Medic shenanigans.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Otacon posted:

Finished my second Twin Cities tour, got a specialized kill-streak fab kit for a Wrap Assassin.

Thanks Valve, I'm done with MvM. You got $8 outta me. Hope it was worth it.

Can't get on the market right now to check the price of it, but I've never been unable to recoup my ticket money or make profit from 7 tours. If you use your robot parts to complete the fabricator the price on market usually goes up 100x.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

So it turns out that when you combine the Wilson Weave with the Macho Mann, you magically turn into Borat.

Now I just need a High Five to go with it. Very nice! High five!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I love how the Macho Mann goes with just about anything.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The only thing that would make this more appropriate would be the holiday noise-maker.

Merry Smissmas, TF2.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I love how the Macho Mann goes with just about anything.

Except Scout.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Except Scout.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

some random guy on my friends list traded me a genuine pounding father in exchange for 4 christmas crates completely out of the blue. did i get hustled or are those crates more valuable then i thought

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

sum posted:

some random guy on my friends list traded me a genuine pounding father in exchange for 4 christmas crates completely out of the blue. did i get hustled or are those crates more valuable then i thought

Pounding Father worth about 1refined+1reclaimed, the crates are selling for jack and/or poo poo and will disappear in like 5 days.

You did fine.

IN OTHER NEWS

:siren: http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/ :siren:
Free copies of Left4Dead2 to anyone who installs it today

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

qnqnx posted:

Except Scout.

Milkman, Macho Mann, Triad Trinket. "Did somebody order a medium sausage pizza?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

My brother got me a red soldier action figure for smissmas. :cool:

I also got a minecraft redstone ore, and a real-life misc in the form of a scarf of my scottish family tree tartan. :black101:

RKTM posted:

Not to derail again or anything, but I've got some Jojo dress up loadouts. I've actually been using Engineer as a Stroheim, even though he's the second least german character in tf2.

What, no lugermorph? :smug:

Short circuit works though cause of after he gets vampire-melting sunlamps installed in his freaky cyborg body.

Also, here's my Jotaro medic:

I will need to get an extra set of custom flairs with Jotaro's various jewlery stuff - the anchor, the "stop"-handsign, etc.

And Star Platinum heavy, which would be the (mostly - can still use the huo long if need be) melee-only pocket of the medic.

Edit: Improved version:

ABAJ!

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 25, 2013

• Locked thread