Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Redundant posted:

Another quick shadowplay question here. Is it possible to have a guest commentator during streams whilst using it? At the moment the only options are game audio or game + mic but is there a way of tricking it into using a Skype call instead or something?

To add to the Shadowplay discussion, would anyone ITT be able to upload a Fraps vs Shadowplay comparison? Really would love to see something i know won't be edited or biased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

MEAT! posted:

Edit: And now I'm browsing the OP with my morning coffee instead of reading the news fffffff. Quick edit, photoshop can edit gifs, but whooo cares because hooooolllyyyy shhhiitt gifcam/gooncam.

Speaking as someone who recently had to re-learn and make an animated GIF in Photoshop, yeah basically this entirely.

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

:science:

Fionordequester posted:

Ah, I guess it was that one, huh? Whoops, I'm so sorry :sweatdrop:.

And is "x264" connected to MeGUI in a way that means that, if someone's recommending "x264", that means use MeGUI? If it is, I didn't make that connection when I read this...

MeGUI is just a frontend encoding application. x264 is the actual codec.

In the OP there are some other applications listed capable of doing what MeGUI does like Zarx264gui, RipBot, and HandBrake. Mediacoder is also capable of using x264, but it has major stability issues (it may or may not still have them, I can't say for sure, I haven't used it in years) which is why we told people to stop using it since ever other post was about mediacoder crashing mid encode or the final video being a scrambled mess.

Dongattack posted:

To add to the Shadowplay discussion, would anyone ITT be able to upload a Fraps vs Shadowplay comparison? Really would love to see something i know won't be edited or biased.

Reading up on the whole shadowplay thing, and drat that is amazing. But like Xeno said:

Xenoveritas posted:

Keep in mind that neither of these options is as "good" as a lossless recording, but at a high enough bit rate, it's really good enough.

And if you upload it to youtube it's just gonna get encoded again so, unless you want to do heavy editing, I imagine it's perfectly fine.

MEAT! fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 19, 2013

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

quote:

In the OP there are some other applications listed capable of doing what MeGUI does like Zarx264gui, RipBot, and HandBrake. Mediacoder is also capable of using x264, but it has major stability issues (it may or may not still have them, I can't say for sure, I haven't used it in years) which is why we told people to stop using it since ever other post was about mediacoder crashing mid encode or the final video being a scrambled mess.

So aside from Mediacoder, there's basically no difference in anything except user interface?

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

Fionordequester posted:

So aside from Mediacoder, there's basically no difference in anything except user interface?

More or less, yeah.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I like this little AviSynth macro that uses ImageMagick to automatically create a GIF. Just Trim to the frames you're capturing, then do the Macro (Speed: 1, Optimize Checked) and it'll spit out an optimized GIF. Handy if you're already taking screenshots in AvsPmod already.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Redundant posted:

Another quick shadowplay question here. Is it possible to have a guest commentator during streams whilst using it? At the moment the only options are game audio or game + mic but is there a way of tricking it into using a Skype call instead or something?
Sorry to quote myself, but in case other people were wondering, a bit of Googling informs me that just playing with Skype open means it will record/stream the Skype call. I haven't been able to test this yet (new PC, forgot password, Skype has terrible customer service) and it may have changed in the last update but this is still good from my perspective. Just remember to appear offline or whatever when you're recording so you don't get unwanted Skype call noises leaking through and ruining footage.

Later I will have another crack at signing in and see how it goes.

Then I just need to get used to avisynth again (or some other editing software) and I can get back to the important task of LPing mediocre games!

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Mega64 posted:

I like this little AviSynth macro that uses ImageMagick to automatically create a GIF. Just Trim to the frames you're capturing, then do the Macro (Speed: 1, Optimize Checked) and it'll spit out an optimized GIF. Handy if you're already taking screenshots in AvsPmod already.

I prefer doing GIFs in photoshop because I can do more manual optimization that way.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yeah, I still use GIF Movie Gear since it gives me a good idea how big the GIF will be and also gives me more flexibility to do stupid goofy poo poo while still taking less than two minutes a GIF. But if all you're doing are quick and dirty GIFs, it's simple and fast if you're already taking screenshots in AvsPmod.

And also it doesn't cost thirty loving dollars like GIF Movie Gear.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If you stream with an Elgato Capture Card can you still have guest commentary on Skype or do you have to use something like OBS or Xsplit on the "playback" window on your PC for it to get system audio?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Lunethex posted:

If you stream with an Elgato Capture Card can you still have guest commentary on Skype or do you have to use something like OBS or Xsplit on the "playback" window on your PC for it to get system audio?

You can, but I've only gotten it to work with VAC wiring my mic and my stereo mix to Line 1.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I want to share some experience buying a new LifeChat LX-3000 since Microsoft, aside from changing their packaging have severely messed up their standards because I went through 3 different LX-3000 headsets today all with bad audio and either a completely non-funcitonal or muffled silent ear-side.They used to be really good, but I think their manufacturing has gone to poo poo because that is just not acceptable by any standards.
At this point I'm just picking up a good headset and am in the market for a new microphone (because the Blue Snowball is kind of rear end). I've heard the Blue Yeti is okay but I haven't heard any sample recordings for it and was wondering if anyone had a Yeti or another gooda microphone up to about a AU$200 budget could just get a smaple commentary recording and throw it on tindeck or whatever for comparison. If so I'd greatly appreciate it.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!

toddy. posted:

At this point I'm just picking up a good headset and am in the market for a new microphone (because the Blue Snowball is kind of rear end). I've heard the Blue Yeti is okay but I haven't heard any sample recordings for it and was wondering if anyone had a Yeti or another gooda microphone up to about a AU$200 budget could just get a smaple commentary recording and throw it on tindeck or whatever for comparison. If so I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm not exactly in a position to record right now, but I will tell you that it was a world of difference going from my C01U to the Yeti. Having the gain dial on that thing is a godsend because my computer is sort of on the loud side. I got mine for $80.00 US but I don't know how you're going to make out with price, with shipping potentially screwing you over.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

toddy. posted:

I want to share some experience buying a new LifeChat LX-3000 since Microsoft, aside from changing their packaging have severely messed up their standards because I went through 3 different LX-3000 headsets today all with bad audio and either a completely non-funcitonal or muffled silent ear-side.They used to be really good, but I think their manufacturing has gone to poo poo because that is just not acceptable by any standards.

Well the headset is clear in your recording but it sounds super flat, it really doesn't give your voice the fullness that the snowball does. How was your snowball set up? That wasn't clear from your recording. If you just put it down on a surface and started talking then yeah it'll be a little echoey and pick up background noise. You can filter our a lot of the background noise like PC fans and minimize the echoeyness with a mic box, if you weren't using one of those I'd suggest trying a makeshift one and testing again before you buy new kit. (If you already were then I dunno, but a mic box solved all those problems with mine.) if you do want a mic you can just put down on the desk and start talking into then maybe you can look at vocal mics too, but I dunno the price range on those.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
If money isn't an issue, go for a high-end rig like Sennheiser's HD 280 Pros. They've got a model with mic included, or you can buy headset and mic independently and rig it on yourself (they sell a kit for that for their own mics).

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
In my experience, no matter how expensive the headset, the mic will sound like rear end. My best experience with mics so far has actually been with my Logitech webcam. In my opinion it sounds at least as good as anything else I've ever heard after whatever kind of compression a video goes through to get on the internet.

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 26, 2013

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I had some pretty good luck recording with my Logitech A-0374A headset, the problem being that either the microphone or the left ear died on a regular basis between two headsets over about four years. At the moment I'm using CA Beach Audio something or other, the microphone is more sensitive to clicks than the Logitech was which makes using the silence function in Audacity a little tougher when I get clicks mid-word. The audio is also significantly low on the left ear as compared to the right, almost non-existent. It's good enough for what I'm doing, but I'm looking for something better.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How do I want to go about opening the output of a Shadowplay-recorded video in AviSynth? I've tried DirectShowSource() but that loses the audio, FFMpegSource2() just causes MeGUI (or Media Player Classic, for that matter) to freeze up forever, and FFAudioSource()+FFVideoSource()+AudioDub() causes audio to fall out of sync.

Secondary question, this is all for uploading to Youtube, which I'm led to understand does horrible things if the source video isn't 30 FPS. Is ChangeFPS() the function I want?

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Ciaphas posted:

How do I want to go about opening the output of a Shadowplay-recorded video in AviSynth? I've tried DirectShowSource() but that loses the audio, FFMpegSource2() just causes MeGUI (or Media Player Classic, for that matter) to freeze up forever, and FFAudioSource()+FFVideoSource()+AudioDub() causes audio to fall out of sync.

Secondary question, this is all for uploading to Youtube, which I'm led to understand does horrible things if the source video isn't 30 FPS. Is ChangeFPS() the function I want?
Have you tried just a plain old Avisource()? Also DirectShowSource() is bad and should only be used when literally nothing else will work.
For the framerate thing it actually doesn't matter that much anymore but yeah ChangeFPS(30) is where you wanna be probably.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mico posted:

Have you tried just a plain old Avisource()? Also DirectShowSource() is bad and should only be used when literally nothing else will work.
For the framerate thing it actually doesn't matter that much anymore but yeah ChangeFPS(30) is where you wanna be probably.

AviSource() was the first one I tried, actually, since I've never used AviSynth before today and went for the wiki examples :shobon: No dice, though :(

(ed) For reference's sake, here's the script that worked best (the audio was way off, timing wise, even though it's fine in the source). I just need to trim the video and make it 30fps (but probably not that I guess?):
code:
A=FFAudioSource("C:\Users\Ciaphas\Desktop\Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn 12.26.2013 - 14.17.17.250.DVR.mp4")
V=FFVideoSource("C:\Users\Ciaphas\Desktop\Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn 12.26.2013 - 14.17.17.250.DVR.mp4")
AudioDub(V, A)
Trim(38500,0)
FadeIO(60)
ChangeFPS(30.0)
(edit) The audio desync still happens even if I take out the Trim, FadeIO, and ChangeFPS, though.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 27, 2013

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Hmm... The only other thing I can think of is to install MediaInfo and post what it says about the video file. It might be a weird codec or something that's loving poo poo up.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
As I recall, FFMpegSource deals with variable framerates by pretending all frames are the same length by default. (Which is moronic.) Try adding fpsnum=30 to the FFVideoSource line:

code:
V=FFVideoSource("C:\Users\Ciaphas\Desktop\Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn 12.26.2013 - 14.17.17.250.DVR.mp4", \
fpsnum=30)
See if that resolves the audio desync.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

fpsnum=30 gives me no video. For shits and giggles I did fpsnum=60, and that is a huge improvement, but still not quite there. I'm gonna encode some samples and watch them, see if I can pin it down. If it's at least constant, I can force a delay.

This video stuff gives me headaches. :(

(edit) Here's what MediaInfo spits out. I'm gonna try that framerate it listed for fpsnum, see if that changes anything. (Probably not, since this is variable framerate.) Gonna let the current test finish encoding first, though; I'm seeing if taking out the ChangeFPS() fixes anything. (Again, probably not.)

pre:
General
Complete name                            : get_murdered.mp4
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID                                 : mp42
File size                                : 6.47 GiB
Duration                                 : 19mn 59s
Overall bit rate                         : 46.3 Mbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2013-12-26 22:17:20
Tagged date                              : UTC 2013-12-26 22:17:20

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L5.0
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP                     : M=1, N=30
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Source duration                          : 19mn 59s
Bit rate                                 : 46.2 Mbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Variable
Frame rate                               : 54.598 fps
Original frame rate                      : 60.000 fps
Minimum frame rate                       : 2.534 fps
Maximum frame rate                       : 148.883 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.408
Stream size                              : 6.45 GiB (100%)
Source stream size                       : 6.45 GiB (100%)
mdhd_Duration                            : 1199739

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : 40
Source duration                          : 19mn 59s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 99.2 Kbps
Nominal bit rate                         : 192 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 14.2 MiB (0%)
Source stream size                       : 14.2 MiB (0%)
mdhd_Duration                            : 1199619
(edit again) nope, taking out the ChangeFPS didn't do diddly but make it take longer. I'll have to find a way to set fpsnum and fpsdem such that num/dem=54.598 for the next trial :saddowns:

Beginning to question the value of trying to get 1920x1080 uploaded to Youtube, too. 1280x720'd be good enough, right?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 27, 2013

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

720p's good enough. Youtube's 1080p option is upscaled 720p anyway.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Telling MeGUI to add a 0.25s delay to the audio seemed to help enough that I don't notice anymore, so I'm gonna go with that. Just for shits and grins I'm gonna try telling Handbrake to reencode it with CFR quality 0 (i.e. lossless) just to see what happens.

Thanks for the help, all :)

(edit) And of course Handbrake does it perfectly, allowing me to use AviSynth just for the resize and trim and avoid the whole stupid VFR/audio sync mess. :saddowns:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Dec 27, 2013

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Hello, super beginner here, and I'm having trouble with even recording basic gameplay.

I'm using a Hauppage USB Live-2 recording device on a PS2, but while I was practicing just playing on the laptop, I found that there is a constant two-second lag on everything I do. I'm not sure if this is simply because of how recording works, and if I should have some kind of second set of components connected to the TV screen so I can accurately play in real time (although this would slightly screw up my plans for live commentary).

Are there any guides to the actual recording of video games, or is there just a really simple answer to this problem?

Thank you. :)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Hello, super beginner here, and I'm having trouble with even recording basic gameplay.

I'm using a Hauppage USB Live-2 recording device on a PS2, but while I was practicing just playing on the laptop, I found that there is a constant two-second lag on everything I do. I'm not sure if this is simply because of how recording works, and if I should have some kind of second set of components connected to the TV screen so I can accurately play in real time (although this would slightly screw up my plans for live commentary).

Are there any guides to the actual recording of video games, or is there just a really simple answer to this problem?

Thank you. :)

Don't try to play off the monitor preview. There's always going to be some kind of delay. You absolutely need to have something running to your TV to play in real-time. With that capture device, I'd suggest getting a few AV cable splitters and a dual-ended composite cable, plugging the splitter into the capture device, plugging your console cables into the appropriate spots and plugging the dual-ended cable into the plugs opposite the console.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

toddy. posted:

So here was that recording you wanted.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Thanks for that. It definitely seems like an improvement over standard headsets and the snowball so I've thrown down an order for it and a new pop filter. I'm going to pick up a shock mount as well. Once it's all here and working I'll do a follow-up recording for the thread's convenience.

Edit:

Since I finally had time to setup RJL on my PSP-2000 I've run a bunch of tests and have results to share for those interested.
For now I can say that RJL on 2000 model PSPs works nicely. Games that previously didn't display on a 1000 model through RJL now seem to work fine without crashing so the stability concerns I had previously should be finished.
On the recording side of things I thought I'd give a comparison between recording through RJL and recording off the Sony-supplied PSP-2000 Component cable > HD-PVR2 setup I also have. I recorded the Ys Seven opening on both and while it will take me a while to edit the video together I can share a screenshot of each. I just nabbed them with puush so they're not PNG quality but the differences for now are noticeable enough.

RJL v19 on a PSP-2000 running 6.60 PRO-B10 firmware, recorded through Fraps, 480x272 60fps AVI (PSP native resolution) not including the MPC window of course.

Image is very crisp, properly scaled and the colour balance is good.

Using the component cable through a HD-PVR2 recorded in Hauppauge Capture, 720x480 59.94fps TS (that's including all that black space around)

:psyduck:
All that black space is produced by the PSP output so it fits 720x480, no scaling. The image inside all that darkness is not the right ratio, the colours are weird and let's just all agree RJL capture has this down.

If you can get RJL working, use RJL, otherwise you will have to do unholy things with video editing to make it look good. You could also get PSVita capture (be it that 3rd party device or the Vita TV when that becomes a thing) and play PSP games off that upscaled.

toddy. fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 28, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

toddy. posted:

Using the component cable through a HD-PVR2 recorded in Hauppauge Capture, 720x480 59.94fps TS (that's including all that black space around)

:psyduck:
All that black space is produced by the PSP output so it fits 720x480, no scaling. The image inside all that darkness is not the right ratio, the colours are weird and let's just all agree RJL capture has this down.

If you can get RJL working, use RJL, otherwise you will have to do unholy things with video editing to make it look good. You could also get PSVita capture (be it that 3rd party device or the Vita TV when that becomes a thing) and play PSP games off that upscaled.

There's a plugin that fixes the blackspace, called FuSA, but it works sporadically with games, doesn't work on any firmware above 6.3x and really if you have the ability to run it you should likely be using RJL anyway.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So recently, my mic's been acting up and producing an annoying humming noise whenever my laptop's AC adapter is plugged in. If I play around with the cables for a bit, I can get the noise to stop until I turn my laptop off and then turn it back on; is there any way I can just stop the humming in general? If it's any help, I'm using a TekNmotion TM-YB100A headset and my laptop is plugged into a power strip shared by my 3DS charger and two apple USB plugs.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

ChaosArgate posted:

So recently, my mic's been acting up and producing an annoying humming noise whenever my laptop's AC adapter is plugged in. If I play around with the cables for a bit, I can get the noise to stop until I turn my laptop off and then turn it back on; is there any way I can just stop the humming in general? If it's any help, I'm using a TekNmotion TM-YB100A headset and my laptop is plugged into a power strip shared by my 3DS charger and two apple USB plugs.

Sadly, I am probably the only other person in LP that's owned this headset and I haven't encountered this problem. (Mostly due to owning a desktop)

I really like the YB100A too it's comfortable and it has a full motion microphone. I just wish it was USB instead of 3.5mm

If I had to guess I'd say it's a grounding issue but I'm in no way sure how to fix that.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Mico posted:

Sadly, I am probably the only other person in LP that's owned this headset and I haven't encountered this problem. (Mostly due to owning a desktop)

I really like the YB100A too it's comfortable and it has a full motion microphone. I just wish it was USB instead of 3.5mm

If I had to guess I'd say it's a grounding issue but I'm in no way sure how to fix that.

I owned it on your suggestion, the only reason I got rid of it was that using it on my phone had hosed up the jack severely. Grounding errors with line cables are frequent, my phone gets them when running line-to-line in my car with my car charger connected. I haven't found a good solution other than spinning and jostling it.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Okay, so I'm starting to lose my temper now. This is a frame from the S-Video footage of the EZ-Cap 116, is there anything I can do beyond "Get a new card"? Because that's kinda beyond me right now.

PS - It looks only slightly wibbly at base resolution, but obviously, upscaling makes whatever the hell's going on here so much worse...

EDIT: I'm now relatively certain it's frequency interference, but am uncertain how to use defreq properly.

EDIT 2: the capture device has a setting that apparently might help, but it's greyed out. :(

JamieTheD fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 2, 2014

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

JamieTheD posted:

Okay, so I'm starting to lose my temper now. This is a frame from the S-Video footage of the EZ-Cap 116

1204x904 is a weird resolution...

You didn't really explain what's wrong with the image, but can I assume it's the cross stitching?

What software are you using to capture?

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

MEAT! posted:

1204x904 is a weird resolution...

You didn't really explain what's wrong with the image, but can I assume it's the cross stitching?

What software are you using to capture?

Happens regardless of capture program, I've used ArcSoft Showbiz, VDub, and VLC Media Player. And yes, it is a weird resolution, because the original is 720x578. But even in the source, you've got that cross stitching. After a bit of research, I've found out either my EZ-Cap's defective, or I'm getting port interference. I'm gonna try and eliminate the port interference tomorrow, and I've already eliminated non-EZCap cables in general as the cause (all new cables, SCART adapter, etc, etc).

Got their own tech support on the job, it's looking increasingly like I've either got a defective card or port interference. The card itself apparently isn't that bad (although I do see some frameblending in this video a user captured)...

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
What's the resolution once you cut the black borders out? If it works the same way my EasyCap did, it should be 640x480 without them.

And I don't remember which of the EasyCap/EZ-Caps are the ones that work and which are the ones that don't anymore; supposedly one of the two variants of the brand name will make your entire house catch fire if you use it.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

I personally know that, on my Hauppauge, when I capture from S-Video or Component, it comes out in some arbitrary resolution, which for S-Video I just stretch to 640x480 and then it looks right. Component it depends on if the thing I'm capturing is supposed to be 4:3 or 16:9 on what I stretch it to.

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

JamieTheD posted:

EDIT 2: the capture device has a setting that apparently might help, but it's greyed out. :(

JamieTheD posted:

because the original is 720x578.

Ah, so it's PAL standard definition. Yeah, 720x578 is normal then. When you say the capture device is greyed out, I'm guessing you mean in the software. Which software are you referring to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
PAL is 720x576, so I don't know where his EZ-Cap is getting the extra two lines from. In any case, it'll probably end up being 640x480 or very close to that when he cuts the borders out.