Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
This year my car is going to require some care as its coming up on the 150k KM mark.

It needs a full gearbox service, new alloy radiator, new rotors and a new drivers seat.

This year I will also be ignoring the fact that the paint has just turned to poo poo. Especially, where I got the bonnet repainted a few years ago. The paint on the bonnet is coming off in fingernail sized chunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

13 INCH DICK posted:

Amending mine with the clause of 'buy a Biturbo :getin:'

You're the best.

For me:
1. Get the subframe cleaned, painted, and reinstalled in the Nova.

2. Acquire and install new brakes on the Nova.

3. Fix the ABS light on the Mustang.

4. Reinstall engine in Nova.

5. Reinstall (hopefully) fixed speedometer in Nova.

6. Start buying suspension parts for the Nova.

7. Get that motherfucker insured and start driving it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Additional Resolution

Find a way to get together with other AI Goons for a meet or cruise somewhere.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

1) Get race license.
2) Finish race.
3) Don't finish race dead loving last.
4) Buy race car home with garage.
5) Buy race car.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

Rhyno posted:

Additional Resolution

Find a way to get together with other AI Goons for a meet or cruise somewhere.

Please be a Florida Goon, I want an excuse to cruise too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

11BulletCatcher posted:

Please be a Florida Goon, I want an excuse to cruise too.

Northern Indiana. The dream is to do a full loop of the country over the course of a month someday.

ADDITIONAL GOAL 2

Pay off the Miata early so I can do this trip!

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Northern Indiana. The dream is to do a full loop of the country over the course of a month someday.

ADDITIONAL GOAL 2

You ever find the money to make it happen and I'll meet up with you in Indiana and road trip with you, cause that's been my dream since childhood. Course, I drive gas guzzlers so I hope you REALLY like gas stations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Do a rallycross with my STi, and more track days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

11BulletCatcher posted:

You ever find the money to make it happen and I'll meet up with you in Indiana and road trip with you, cause that's been my dream since childhood. Course, I drive gas guzzlers so I hope you REALLY like gas stations.

Ha, if things work out this summer and I get serious about it I will make a thread.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Rhyno posted:

ADDITIONAL GOAL 2

If you ever get on the road, I'm north of Chicago.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Ha, if things work out this summer and I get serious about it I will make a thread.

Then my NEW resolution is to actually save the money from this year's financial aid. If I manage not to spend it all that's 2g in the bank.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

If you ever get on the road, I'm north of Chicago.

I go to Chicago at least once ever summer.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Not crash my GSXR750 in a way that prevents it from being used for further track duty. Also not dump a shitload of money into it.
Buy a decent beater pickup truck... and not another project car. Okay, an E46 at worst. Alright. An E30.

Get laid?

Also, Supermoto trackday in SoCal with http://www.socalsupermoto.com/school_sumo.html and a trackday at Thunderhill. And Chuckwalla. And Inde.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 3, 2014

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

if there's a goon road trip, we need to make sure we take good old fashioned routes/black tops rather than interstates. If I'm travelling I want to experience 'MURICA.

(like parts of 66 that are still drivable, or even the Oregon Trail since it's geographically close to Indiana as a starting point.)
[or US 40]
http://www.roadtripusa.com/routes.html

11BulletCatcher fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 3, 2014

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Yukon XL:

1. Acquire a set of 17" stock rims
2. Tires with grip for said 17" rims
3. Ditch these loving 20" rims.
4. Run/drive as normal.
5. Keep it clean.

Range Rover Classic:

1. Better garage space
2. deep clean the poo poo out of the interior
3. fix the rear fender panel and paint to match
4. charge the AC with R152
5. Other misc poo poo
6. sell and profit!

Myself:

1. Better garage space
2. A welder

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Amending mine with the clause of 'buy a Biturbo :getin:'

So when you haven't hurt yourself enough, do you sit down and punch yourself in the balls with your bare fist, or do you use brass knuckles?

OH YES MORE MORE!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Literally the only thing preventing me from owning one by next Friday is the fact that a tow from Olympia would cost me well over the asking price, as well as actual real value of the car.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
What if we all sent you :10bux: - and you had to smoke a few dozen more owl pellets?

E: Adding to my (hopeful) resolution - selling my poo poo that I can't haul or drive away (in a handful of trips), and getting the gently caress out of this worthless state. gently caress it, and gently caress it again.

Viggen fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 3, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah like towing a non running biturbo 100 miles just to drop its rat poo poo infested algae covered hulk into the front of my house woldnt be punishment enough.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

13 INCH DICK posted:

Yeah like towing a non running biturbo 100 miles just to drop its rat poo poo infested algae covered hulk into the front of my house woldnt be punishment enough.

You need to earn our love. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet there's a local AIer who would donate his time just for the thrill of this.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I have a triple A membership thats good for a 100 mile tow, I am in.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Jesus christ please tell me this isn't the biturbo in question: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/4265438195.html

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Comrade Flynn posted:

Jesus christ please tell me this isn't the biturbo in question: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/4265438195.html

Looks "Grate!"

Well I guess if you really want to ruin your whole entire life, get that car.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Negromancer posted:

Buy another aw11, get rid of my e30 and celica alltrac.

Buy this guys E30 and celica alltrac

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Comrade Flynn posted:

quote:

ps not running

As if that even needed to be said.

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010
1.) Struts, Turbo Rebuild, Tuneup on this drat neglected turbo volvo
2.) see how cool i can make my versa (i already know this will fail)
3.) rebuild the front end of my dad's buick.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
I live in Seattle and have room to spare and an engine lift... Someone bring that thing over. :getin:

For the most part I'm kidding as I know next to nothing about getting a broken car unfucked. There's a Yellow VW Corrado that's been rotting away around the block from my house. Tempted to go ask the guy if I can take it off of his hands for cheap and roll it down the hill. I'm assuming it doesn't run considering it hasn't moved since I moved over a year ago.

Alphius
Nov 5, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

Comrade Flynn posted:

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I have a triple A membership thats good for a 100 mile tow, I am in.

Checking in with a willing AAA membership and near Seattle. So worth the eventual spiders and fire and crushing defeat.
EDIT: Is that massive rust I see there?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
See, I knew there'd be Goons to the rescue!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I'm in Seattle with 200 miles of towing.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Look the key word is that it has potential okay

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Adiabatic posted:

Buy this guys E30 and celica alltrac

Please do. I am getting closer to picking up an aw11, and my girlfriend does not like the idea of having 4 cars between 2 people.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
My goal this year is to get the engine in my Bricklin and have it running and driving. I bought a set of motor mounts off ebay that should be able to help with that, so hopefully it'll happen sooner than later.

The doors and other restoration stuff will probably come later, but that's a good start.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

13 INCH DICK posted:

Look the key word is that it has potential okay

Potential source of high quality algae and mushrooms.

Strawberry
Jul 20, 2005

here is no why

goobernoodles posted:

I live in Seattle and have room to spare and an engine lift... Someone bring that thing over. :getin:

For the most part I'm kidding as I know next to nothing about getting a broken car unfucked. There's a Yellow VW Corrado that's been rotting away around the block from my house. Tempted to go ask the guy if I can take it off of his hands for cheap and roll it down the hill. I'm assuming it doesn't run considering it hasn't moved since I moved over a year ago.

I don't like VWs very much, but I'd love to bring a Corrado home for a project. Such cool cars that you don't see everyday. At least it would never be boring and keep me busy in the garage.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

goobernoodles posted:

For the most part I'm kidding as I know next to nothing about getting a broken car unfucked.

The Maserati should be a fairly easy fix, they were designed with ease of maintenance in miahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
'14 Honda Accord Sport: Don't bring it in for a new clutch.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

This thread has inspired me: I want to see a AAA relay race. Start with a dead car at a predetermined spot on the west coast, and have people use their free tows in succession to get it as far as possible.

If it makes it to the east coast, all participants get a ride in sigtrap's little british roadster. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Comrade Flynn posted:

Potential source of high quality algae and mushrooms.

I have a half decent pressure washer I can loan out for the cause. I'd be good from some other gear/supplies too.

That said, 13 isn't joking, he doesn't have a great place to work on it. Now, if he gets a place with a driveway, that's another story. Then it's time to buy this, a popup tarp driveway and get to work!

• Locked thread