Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Voting B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

B, then F/G to any follow up questions

Also, find Paebel, so we can leave him and Snarls to guard them when we head back to the Melachim temple.

No way are we not going to be part of D-Day

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1B.

Diogines, does Naomi know about the deal we struck with Tudiya concerning her bridal price? If so, I vote we update her on our foreskin hunt. In the most cryptic way possible, of course, so that Danal is left guessing.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

dyzzy posted:

Voting for a mix of B and C, telling him that Bareen believed in Melachim worship and claimed to be old enough to remember when they walked among men. She grabbed us because she claimed we had some greater purpose but wouldn't say exactly what. She was afraid of Tudiya so she was going to take both of his sons to try to keep him at bay.

(this last one might be a fib but Danal will buy it)

Also, she was probably lying but given how long Tudiya and Rimush spent finishing her, she was definitely powerful.

I like this. Voting this.

Also, ask Naomi, re: Snarls, "Is he? Looks the same to me."

fake edit: I agree. Find Paebel.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
F is the funniest answer, and the one I enjoy most. G if Danal presses us hard.
H if battle breaks out before/during the next update. :v:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dyzzy posted:

Voting for a mix of B and C, telling him that Bareen believed in Melachim worship and claimed to be old enough to remember when they walked among men. She grabbed us because she claimed we had some greater purpose but wouldn't say exactly what. She was afraid of Tudiya so she was going to take both of his sons to try to keep him at bay.

This

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. To which you said... what?

B. Bareen was a crazy witch and grabbed us because she was bad and crazy and hates El. And now she is dead because Tudiya and Rimush beat her to death with their bare hands, I think, no one told me how she died but she is dead. The last time I saw her Rimush was punching her in the face over and over while Tudiya held her, that probably did it.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I

Thank Danal for staying put.

Of course distract Danal without demeaning him. Discretion is our middle name... Or it would be if we had a last name.

I am sure we have no idea how to talk with Naomi. Erm... We know quite a bit about foreskins?
No? Umm... Demons and monster bits? Immanent Doom? No, huh.

Oh hey! Ever been kidnapped? It's not that bad... Well we did have to spend the afternoon killing people and that was not really so great. Was all like you know thwapp splatt thwacka. What? Oh right...

Ummm... Why are all the dogs howling?? Hey! Look! Over there... Wow. That is just an amazing ummm... painting... erm... Wall. Wow. That really is something isn't it?

::Awkward silence. Sweaty palms.::

So we gotta handle all that at which we are significantly less Mighty than most of things at which we are not even very mighty and...

We need to stay alert and keep extending our senses because... Demons and Sleeping Kings.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

F. Hey Danal, did we ever tell you about the time Aaron and I ended up in a cave full of goblins — with only a toothpick and plastic spork to fight our way out with?

Before someone jumps in to correct me, I'm fully aware we never actually fought our way out of a goblin cave with a toothpick and plastic spork.

Questions:

Did either of you see the end of the battle?

How much bigger does Snarls look to you all? He seems about the same to me.

Jalitha was making a giant pot of honeyed meat in the kitchens for the Kings. Do you know anything about that?

Inquire after Naomi's general welfare. It's been a weird day and her dad did get beat up by a heretical priestess and all. Ought to make sure she's OK.

Are either of you hungry? We should all take a chance to eat. It's been awhile and we may need to burn fuel soon.

The following questions to try and determine if there's any merit to Bereen's claims that Tudiya was rooting for us to marry Naomi from the get-go. They're as tactful as I can figure out how to make them with Danal in the room:

Why were you so kind to me when I first came here as a child?

Do you think Tudiya always planned to adopt me?

Were you surprised Tudiya allowed me to try and win your hand? Do you think he will mind when we are married — I can't help but worry he might have preferred a match from the line of Labras.

We are gathering foreskins as quickly as possible for the marriage! Speaking of weddings, we've never been to one. What are they like?

To Naomi: Since we are to be married, we will be spending a lot of time together in the future. Is there anything you'd like to know about us that you do not already? (I'm curious to know if she has any big gaps of knowledge about us. Also we've never tried asking a character if they have anything they'd like to ask us before, and I'm wondering if it'll create an interesting result. Probably not, but it's worth a try.

Sorry about all the questions, Diog. :ohdear:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 3, 2014

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I forgot about our snacks back pack. We are probably hungry by now.

Voting to eat snacks.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I forgot about our snacks back pack. We are probably hungry by now.

Voting to eat snacks.

Seconded!

Plus I thought we had our Flute in there.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
H - For The Hungry One

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I. Which is basically B with an additional "I could be wrong about some details, since no one tells me anything either with the "We will tell you when you get older" excuse."

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought we always had it handy but according to Diog we dont. Voting closed before we could vote to swing by our room and pick it up.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

B. And eat snacks.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

dyzzy posted:

(this last one might be a fib but Danal will buy it)

Also, she was probably lying but given how long Tudiya and Rimush spent finishing her, she was definitely powerful.
Yeah, mixture of B and C, heavy on the B, really broad strokes with the C.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
1B

Also, we should spend some time to pray to El. Maybe clean the temple some with Danal.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Angela Christine posted:

B. And eat snacks.

This super plan.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
I - Tell Danal, "After leaving you in the courtyard, I met Bareen and she told me a great many things. Ultimately, she asked me to leave with her," pause for dramatic effect, "and I refused. I could not leave you, Tudiya, mother, Naomi, my family, no matter what she said. She would not take 'no' for an answer...resulting in the battle that took place. My fault, not yours."

I like dyzzy's response a lot, but I wanted to make two changes - mention less about what Bareen actually told us, and not lead Danal to believe he was at fault for any of this - if the city falls to demons I don't want the poor kid thinking it was his fault whatsoever.

Also, Danal is likely to tell Tudiya anything we tell him - I do not want Tudiya knowing anything about what Bareen told us until we can find out what his intentions are.

Edit: Snacks and have Snarls get Paebel!

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 4, 2014

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
More exciting talk time with Naomi and Danal.

"How often do you guys poop, by the way? I don't know if its normal or what, but I don't think I have pooped in like two months! Snarls poops all the time... You think he is getting bigger? Really? I am thinking about eating some rocks to see if I poop them out. That's not weird is it? I eat a lot, I just don't poop."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Task Manager posted:

I - Tell Danal, "After leaving you in the courtyard, I met Bareen and she told me a great many things. Ultimately, she asked me to leave with her," pause for dramatic effect, "and I refused. I could not leave you, Tudiya, mother, Naomi, my family, no matter what she said. She would not take 'no' for an answer...resulting in the battle that took place. My fault, not yours."

I like dyzzy's response a lot, but I wanted to make two changes - mention less about what Bareen actually told us, and not lead Danal to believe he was at fault for any of this - if the city falls to demons I don't want the poor kid thinking it was his fault whatsoever.

Also, Danal is likely to tell Tudiya anything we tell him - I do not want Tudiya knowing anything about what Bareen told us until we can find out what his intentions are.

Edit: Snacks and have Snarls get Paebel!
I change my vote to this.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
I She wanted to convert me, and you as well I assume, but when I refused her she grabbed me.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I for one would like to know more about the boulder sister's Naomi had. Maybe we could use their remains as part of our pebble experiments!

How tall does Snarls come up to us? Knee height?

A little above your knee, just like he always has. Naomi is probably mistaken, being of the weaker gender and a little stressed out due to the chaos of the day.

Zybourne Clock posted:

1B.

Diogines, does Naomi know about the deal we struck with Tudiya concerning her bridal price? If so, I vote we update her on our foreskin hunt. In the most cryptic way possible, of course, so that Danal is left guessing.
She does know about the price and was thrilled when she found out.

Vavrek posted:

I like this. Voting this.

Also, ask Naomi, re: Snarls, "Is he? Looks the same to me."

She nods "Yes, but hes a good boy, oh yes he is... whose got a fuzzy belly..." Snarls barks once and wags his tail appreciatively.

FoxTerrier posted:

Did either of you see the end of the battle?
Naomi shakes her head. She was at home. Danal tells you that Aaron took him to the south end of the city, waited a bit, then went to El's temple.

FoxTerrier posted:

How much bigger does Snarls look to you all? He seems about the same to me.[quote]
"I am not sure, but hes bigger."

[quote="FoxTerrier" post="423960288"]Jalitha was making a giant pot of honeyed meat in the kitchens for the Kings. Do you know anything about that?
Naomi nods "Yes, it will help him while he rests. It is boiled honey and meat, he will regain his strength quicker."

FoxTerrier posted:

How much bigger does Snarls look to you all? He seems about the same to me.[quote]Inquire after Naomi's general welfare. It's been a weird day and her dad did get beat up by a heretical priestess and all. Ought to make sure she's OK.
She was a litle scared but calmed down... till you took her here without telling her why. She looks to Danal and gives you knowing look, then says no more.

FoxTerrier posted:

The following questions to try and determine if there's any merit to Bereen's claims that Tudiya was rooting for us to marry Naomi from the get-go. They're as tactful as I can figure out how to make them with Danal in the room:

Why were you so kind to me when I first came here as a child?
Despite your social skills, indeed, you have oratorical training from Tudiya, I cannot imagine any way to ask this question without it sounding awkward. Are you sure you want to ask this? It is not nearly as bizzare as other questions in the past, but it'll probably be a little awkward.

FoxTerrier posted:

Do you think Tudiya always planned to adopt me?
Naomi tells you that "I don't think so, but I don't know."

FoxTerrier posted:

Were you surprised Tudiya allowed me to try and win your hand?
"I... had hoped. I was happy."

FoxTerrier posted:

Do you think he will mind when we are married — I can't help but worry he might have preferred a match from the line of Labras.[/b]
"I don't care if you are of the line of Labradodas" she says with a small laugh. You have used such a name a few times in jest when discussing Snarls unknown anscestor. Naomi adds that "I think he knows what he is doing Enkidel."

FoxTerrier posted:

We are gathering foreskins as quickly as possible for the marriage! Speaking of weddings, we've never been to one. What are they like?
You know this, you have been to weddings, though we did not go into them in detail. There is a party and an exchange of promises between the families of the newly weds, along with the husband to the wifes familly. There is a large and festive party and the night ends with well... you know.

FoxTerrier posted:

To Naomi: Since we are to be married, we will be spending a lot of time together in the future. Is there anything you'd like to know about us that you do not already? (I'm curious to know if she has any big gaps of knowledge about us. Also we've never tried asking a character if they have anything they'd like to ask us before, and I'm wondering if it'll create an interesting result. Probably not, but it's worth a try.
"What is your favorite color?"

2. Your favorite color... why.. its... er.... um...
J. Blue
K. Red
L. Green
M. Yellow
N. Orange
O. Purple
P. Pink
Q. Violet
R. Brown.
S. Black
T. White
U. Gray.
V. Something else. Fill in

FoxTerrier posted:

Sorry about all the questions, Diog. :ohdear:
Nothing to apologize above, if our game had a constitution, you would have a constitutional right to have your questions answered, damnit! Tomn would of had his answered last night, if only he asked a little earier in the night. Others please weigh in briefly if you

Sogol posted:

More exciting talk time with Naomi and Danal.

"How often do you guys poop, by the way? I don't know if its normal or what, but I don't think I have pooped in like two months! Snarls poops all the time... You think he is getting bigger? Really? I am thinking about eating some rocks to see if I poop them out. That's not weird is it? I eat a lot, I just don't poop."

....minivote.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 4, 2014

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

1. D
2. L
No to poopchat

Diogines posted:

There are Bad-Smellers at hand but the Master-Brother-Father-Bestests-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Friend-Who-Knows-Just-The-Right-Part-of-The-Belly-to-Scratch-to-Make-the-Leg-Kick will always keep him safe if he is close!

Ask Snarls why the hell he's started calling us a Man-Beast

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 4, 2014

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
No, poop talk is reserved for priests and mighty men

Edit. Favorite color, blue pearl

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 4, 2014

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
"Hey... Ummm.... Do you have to trim your toenails much? We never do. No idea why. Weird, huh? You feel a sense of what? Dread? Howling dogs? No, its nothing. Hey... Clay pots? Do you like clay pots? We have a bidness making them... Well digging clay really.... Well.... Erm... Not so much a bidness as some slaves that dig clay for a mad potter... He makes great pots though, well at least I think he does... I don't really know much about pots to be honest and I haven't seen them so much... But I think they are really good! Do you like pots?"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sogol posted:

"Hey... Ummm.... Do you have to trim your toenails much? We never do. No idea why. Weird, huh? You feel a sense of what? Dread? Howling dogs? No, its nothing. Hey... Clay pots? Do you like clay pots? We have a bidness making them... Well digging clay really.... Well.... Erm... Not so much a bidness as some slaves that dig clay for a mad potter... He makes great pots though, well at least I think he does... I don't really know much about pots to be honest and I haven't seen them so much... But I think they are really good! Do you like pots?"
The toenail thing is pretty clearly a neat little side-effect of our magic shoes, gosh.

Also yeah we like blue.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Sogol posted:

I am now imaging our guy as a 13 foot Steve Buschemi.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Eh...

Yeah. Shelve the 'Why were you so nice to me' question for now. A better, less awkward time may come up later for questions about that kind of stuff and Lully-boy.

No on poop chat, for chrissakes.

And our favorite color is the color of your eyes, babycakes. :smuggo:
For the love of god don't actually say that.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Whatever color the garb we got from Azz was. That is our favorite color. I think it was a royal purple sort of thing.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
2R. Brown, if the poopchat is anything to go by :colbert:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

JT Jag posted:

The toenail thing is pretty clearly a neat little side-effect of our magic shoes, gosh.

Also yeah we like blue.

(Yeh, but we can't talk about magic shoes can we?)

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

B + L(green) + blanket no for all votes on poopsocking or any of the other goddamn goony questions.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
J - the blue of the ocean, our first love!

No to poop chat

Ask Danal and Naomi both their opinions on Ishamal and Zeb.

To avoid being too fishy, try "Oh hey, you both have known Ishamal and Zebanetha most of your lives, right? What do you think of them both? They have always been good to me."

Edit: uhhhh....my color, that is....

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 4, 2014

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

RandomPauI posted:

No, poop talk is reserved for priests and mighty men

Edit. Favorite color, blue pearl

Blue. Pearls, the sky, the ocean.

I want to add "... your eyes," but I have a sneaking suspicion Naomi's eyes aren't blue. (This only makes me want to say it more.)

(Also agreeing with RandomPauI on the minivote.)

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
2: O; Enkindel strikes me as a purple sort of guy. Vote changed, Green now, 'cause everyone sucks.

Theglavwen fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 4, 2014

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Oh wait... I know!

"Ok... Watch Snarls."

(Psst... Snarls... I'm dying here. I need your help. Pull out yer super powers. Make the Face! No not at me... Make the Face at Naomi.)

Edit: I dunno. We have seen how much practice it takes to get moderately good at something even given our natural aptitude. We have never really practiced this at all.

I figure its like... Horrific Subterranean Abomination? Get some weapons!!

Alone with Naomi? Oh poo poo.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 4, 2014

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We should show Naomi where to pet Snarls to make his leg kick.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Task Manager posted:

Also, Danal is likely to tell Tudiya anything we tell him - I do not want Tudiya knowing anything about what Bareen told us until we can find out what his intentions are. [/b]

I also support this course of action. I don't want Snarls to get Paebel though, the dude will be fine for now.

Favorite color, J blue.

John_A_Tallon fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

1. + share snacks. I so wanted to vote H because it's hilarious, but just in case Diog actually tracks that sort of thing I'm going to make a real vote. I would vote D, but the only reason to do that is what we found under the temple and were not supposed to tell anyone about that yet. Also, B totally won't give Danal nightmares, nope.

2. Yellow (or whatever the color of the walls in Zepath really is) because it is the color of this city, where I was safe for the first time in my life and met both of you.

No on poop minivote

Ask: Does Zebanatha seem different from other people to you? Asking this because we've always gotten a weird vibe from Zeb.