Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I think I enjoy doing this way too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

World Famous Whore posted:

At work yesterday I was digging around in some desk drawers and found an old Playboy (June 06). Looked through it and was surprised to find two of the thread's favorites hidden in it.

Sorry for the quality, I just took a quick picture with my phone.

:nws: because nipple

Have they been doing work for Playboy for long? Is the fact they are really as funny as I find it?

Does anyone have Glenn's Sandra Fluke cartoons? I'm actually kind of angry that they demonised her so much if they were doing cartoons for Playboy at the time.

I mean, I know it's standard practice, but god drat.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
It was Gary who drew the Sandra Fluke cartoon.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Mister Beeg posted:

Pee pee doo doo women are a bad gender

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Mister Beeg posted:

Then he back peddled and said it was supposed to be a random woman, not Sandra Fluke, and by thinking it was her you in fact are the real racist misogynist.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Why do people tell such stupid lies that no one's going to believe? Of course it's Sandra Fluke. Just say, "Yeah, I drew Sandra Fluke as a slut. Deal with it!" Everyone who would think you're an rear end in a top hat for that already thinks you're an rear end in a top hat.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Remember that a political cartoonist's job is equal parts propagandist and troll.

Gary's not very good at either one, but he accomplished the trolling well enough by pissing off leftists with that move.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mister Beeg posted:

I think I enjoy doing this way too much.

This political cartoon is gonna put Pickles Toys on the map!

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lycus posted:

Why do people tell such stupid lies that no one's going to believe? Of course it's Sandra Fluke. Just say, "Yeah, I drew Sandra Fluke as a slut. Deal with it!" Everyone who would think you're an rear end in a top hat for that already thinks you're an rear end in a top hat.

After everyone called him an idiot, he made another cartoon explicitly calling her Sandra Fluke.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Lycus posted:

Well a large part of the backlash over that cartoon wasn't even the slut thing, it was that Gary McCoy drew her as some kind of hulking monstrosity when she in fact she looks like this:

Gary's "it totally isn't supposed to be her" defense was more aimed at all the criticisms involving how nasty and overly mean that caricature is.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I haven't heard anything about McMillan in almost a year now. What happened to her?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Discendo Vox posted:

I haven't heard anything about McMillan in almost a year now. What happened to her?

She stopped pretending to make a comic strip and went to just doodling around political screeds.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Man, McMillan would be less pathetic if Latuff didn't get posted on a frequent basis. Showing how actual revolutionary, anti-imperialist propaganda should be done instead of this warmed over wanna be crap.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I had no idea a Marxist revolution could have an Easter theme. This opens up a lot of options.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

cafel posted:

Man, McMillan would be less pathetic

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Lycus posted:

No one ever sees themselves as the bad guy.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Stultus Maximus posted:

She stopped pretending to make a comic strip and went to just doodling around political screeds.

So not much has changed, then.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I was at my parents' house today, where I opened their newspaper to this unfortunate sight:

If you've ever wondered whether or not Catalino gets paid for his poo poo and/or if he's actually published anywhere, I'm sorry to report the answer seems to be "Yes."

Edit: To add further insult, this paper used to be the home of Ben Sargent until he retired. So they've replaced him with Ken Catalino. There is no God.

oobey fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 4, 2014

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
That Cow...

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I see Catalino is a big Cow & Chicken fan.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I totally forgot to mention that the newspaper pictured here, the Austin American Statesman, used to be the home of Ben Sargent until he retired. Now Ken Catalino rules the roost? If you ask me, this is solid proof that we live in an unjust and unfair world.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rorus Raz posted:

I see Catalino is a big Cow & Chicken fan.

This isn't even the first time he's copied a picture of Cow from Cow and Chicken. I remember him doing this last year.

What is this one even about?

"Now I am become Hash, the destroyer of worlds."
___/
:2bong:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

What is this one even about?
I don't think it's about anything. I think it's just a "I hate the current weather" cartoon.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

I don't think it's about anything. I think it's just a "I hate the current weather" cartoon.

It's Varvel, so I think we can safely assume it's about global warming.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

"Now I am become Hash, the destroyer of worlds."
___/
:2bong:

For a moment I thought this was a confused "Nuke Colorado for smoking the devil's plant," cartoon.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The Droid posted:

For a moment I thought this was a confused "Nuke Colorado for smoking the devil's plant," cartoon.

The message is that Colorado has some bomb weed.

I'd like to apologize for this post ahead of time.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

oobey posted:

I was at my parents' house today, where I opened their newspaper to this unfortunate sight:

If you've ever wondered whether or not Catalino gets paid for his poo poo and/or if he's actually published anywhere, I'm sorry to report the answer seems to be "Yes."

Edit: To add further insult, this paper used to be the home of Ben Sargent until he retired. So they've replaced him with Ken Catalino. There is no God.

Huh. It might have actually made me laugh, if it didn't have that stupid newspaper box in the corner. But he probably stole that joke from "Cow and Chicken", too. It seems really familiar.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The message is that Colorado has some bomb weed.

I'd like to apologize for this post ahead of time.
JRRose! is really upset that you stole the joke to his latest cartoon.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Washington legalized weed too, but we don't actually have it in stores yet. When we finally get everything in order, we'll thankfully mostly escape the national news cycle, because it'll be old news. Thanks, Colorado!

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 4, 2014

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I guess I'll post the only parody I made last year that I'm not ashamed of looking back

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Ditocoaf posted:

Washington legalized weed too, but we don't actually have it in stores yet. When we finally get everything in order, we'll thankfully mostly escape the national news cycle, because it'll be old news. Thanks, Colorado!

We're both a high and helpful bunch in the Rocky Mountains.

Why's Rall commissioning Snafutoons now?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ted Rall had a hand in making that Snafutoon.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Those ears. On stalks. An alien is summoning its species' overmind to invade the white house?

(\-☺-/)

Also, I looked at the snafutoon website -- it's not commisions. The guy does commisions, but those just go directly to the people who commisioned them. The actual snafutoons themselves are... whatever they are.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 4, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cafel posted:

Man, McMillan would be less pathetic if Latuff didn't get posted on a frequent basis. Showing how actual revolutionary, anti-imperialist propaganda should be done instead of this warmed over wanna be crap.

Yea this kind of cartooning for activism is way worse than that kind of cartooning for activism.

I actually see a lot of McMillan poo poo in eco-fringe groups so if the pure metric is 'the choir they preach to prints their poo poo out' they're at least peers.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I'm sure the President is JUST as obsessed with his big ears as I am!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Oh god the TSA is going to kick the baby.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Oh god the TSA is going to kick the baby.

It was definitely Obama who caused TSA overreach. Definitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Internet Webguy posted:

Horsey is giving that kid poo poo for time traveling to the early 90's before Comedy Central changed it's name?
I know this is from a while back but is Horsey literally saying "this average guy is worthless when compared to some of the 100 most influential humans who ever lived and that's awful"?

• Locked thread