Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

"Oh no, not my [desire for lax regulation]!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Ditocoaf posted:

Yes, because this also somehow means they don't need law degrees. Christ.

Or pass the California bar exam, which is the hardest in the country. I'm just curious though, is getting a rectal exam from an undocumented immigrant doctor somehow worse than getting a rectal from a pure bred 'murkan doctor for these cretins? What the gently caress is it with conservatives and butts.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ditocoaf posted:

Yes, because this also somehow means they don't need law degrees. Christ.

You don't honestly believe filthy savages can legitimately obtain a law degree do you!?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Filthy Savages are the only people who can legitimately obtain a law degree.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Doctors and lawyers now? Is there no end to the jobs they'll steal?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
loving illegals invading our butts.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

I know this is from a while back but is Horsey literally saying "this average guy is worthless when compared to some of the 100 most influential humans who ever lived and that's awful"?

Going back a bit due to time zones, but no. The slacker in the bottom panel is being used as an exemplar of the entire current generation, and Horsey is asking where the next Roosevelt or whoever is going to come from.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prism posted:

If I had an ILLEGAL DOCTOR diploma I'd hang it on the wall too.

See if this was a Kelly, the Doctor would be wearing that diploma on his shirt.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jedit posted:

Going back a bit due to time zones, but no. The slacker in the bottom panel is being used as an exemplar of the entire current generation, and Horsey is asking where the next Roosevelt or whoever is going to come from.
Why is it always the crotchety old men who scream the most about social progress that deride the next generation for not having enough leaders to make that social progress happen faster? When the MLK of the LGBT movement is made evident, I will bet anything that these guys are not going to be congratulating him/her for doing something amazing with their life.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

Why is it always the crotchety old men who scream the most about social progress that deride the next generation for not having enough leaders to make that social progress happen faster? When the MLK of the LGBT movement is made evident, I will bet anything that these guys are not going to be congratulating him/her for doing something amazing with their life.

Wouldn't that already be Harvey Milk?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

I know this is from a while back but is Horsey literally saying "this average guy is worthless when compared to some of the 100 most influential humans who ever lived and that's awful"?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Maybe Bors can talk to Horsey.

Notable Dom X posted:

That's some crazy old man nonsense from Horsey. Are we youngsters working two jobs and drowning in student loan debt or sitting on our fat butts literally eating fried fat like a bunch of losers?

carry on then posted:

Oh didn't you know? Before 1990, everyone changed the world at least once in their lives.

Mmann posted:

It's also crazy nonsense from someone whose career and accomplishments consist of drawing cartoons.

prefect posted:

Sounds like some of Today's Mixed-Up Teens can't handle it when their elders show them what reality is like.

chairface posted:

And in great-great-great grandpa's day he was supervisor of a factory floor by age 12. I tell you these kids of the 1920s are just spoiled rotten hurf durf

"Haha, people sure like to watch a lot of TV :)" - A Hate Crime

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Discendo Vox posted:

I haven't heard anything about McMillan in almost a year now. What happened to her?

She died after eating a papaya she found on the ground that was half-eaten by rats. RIP Stephanie McMillan.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Mister Beeg posted:

Also this Daryl Cagle column that ran in The Notebook (with responses by other cartoonists, including Rall), a trade magazine for editorial cartoonists.

I always thought Malcolm Mayes did nothing but draw for the local paper. Turns out he runs a decently successful art resale and commission site similar to Cagle's.

And speaking of Mayes:

Nothing get's past this guy!

And I just really liked the super-creepy Uncle Sam in this one.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PhancyPants posted:

And speaking of Mayes:

Nothing get's past this guy!

There's no such thing as "hybrid electricity", you dumb motherfucker. Hybrid cars are so called because they have a standard fuel system backing up their electric motor to extend their range.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Note: He did not draw the car incorrectly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LincVolt
That is, in fact, a hybrid '59 Lincoln.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

I thought Hitler died

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

JRRose! plans 2015 variations on that joke.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

"Haha, people sure like to watch a lot of TV :)" - A Hate Crime

Don't be willfully dense. An old man who drew loving cartoons his whole life is complaining that other people watch TV instead of all becoming President/Civil Rights Leaders/Captain Kirk.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Prism posted:

If I had an ILLEGAL DOCTOR diploma I'd hang it on the wall too.

Hell I'd write it in spikes on the back of my leather jacket.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is it only political cartoonists who use this whole "the new year as a baby, the previous year as an old man" thing? I haven't seen it outside of this thread and I'm wondering where it came from.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:irony:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Oh, that must not be a two-part strip. That, or :thejoke: is that conservatives think selfies are a real issue that people are really discussing. But I doubt it, because Stantis.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

His wasn't at a funeral either Allie.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Not content with "a thing happened 2 weeks ago", Tinsley has moved on to "a thing happens in nature"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

I think Allie might be the worst person posted here

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Those are Stantis. His style is pretty close to Allie's, though.

E: I'm only half right. Stantis is to blame, but it's Allie's art.

Arist fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 4, 2014

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

crowfeathers posted:

I think Allie might be the worst person posted here

Seriously?

First of all, Stanis writes them, Allie illustrated them. So Scott Stanis would be the one to blame. It even has his name in the corner
Secondly, he lacks the domestic violence convictions of Lester, the threats of McCoy, the DUI conviction of Tinsley, and all the poo poo that is Ted Rall.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

MrAristocrates posted:

Those are Stantis. His style is pretty close to Allie's, though.

Prickly City has been drawn by Allie for some time, though he does not get credited on the strip itself. I'm not sure if Allie also writes the strips or if that's still Stantis' doing.

Edit: :argh:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:shrug:

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

You know, when I see guys in dark glasses and trench coats, I think FBI, or maybe CIA, not NSA. I mean, the NSA finds out stuff and SENDS the big scary MIB, but they aren't actually that ones that go out and kick rear end, I don't think?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Stantis is pretty lovely, but he's also literally the only regularly posted cartoonist who's ever recanted a bad opinion.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The Cincinnati Bengals ticket office has officially announced that Sunday's game is not a sell out, and will not be shown on FOX19.

NFL policy states that games must be sold out 72 hours in advance of kickoff to be televised locally. The sellout deadline was at 1 p.m. Thursday. The NFL did not grant an extension. (...)

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Jay Rust posted:

Is it only political cartoonists who use this whole "the new year as a baby, the previous year as an old man" thing? I haven't seen it outside of this thread and I'm wondering where it came from.

"Baby New Year" is a concept that is old as gently caress. What you are seeing is political cartoonists being lazy shits.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Randler posted:

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The Cincinnati Bengals ticket office has officially announced that Sunday's game is not a sell out, and will not be shown on FOX19.

NFL policy states that games must be sold out 72 hours in advance of kickoff to be televised locally. The sellout deadline was at 1 p.m. Thursday. The NFL did not grant an extension. (...)

See, this is an instance where extra context is actually necessary to understand this- I was sure it was just a general "it sure is cold out here and it would be better to watch football inside!!" thing without referring to any specific event.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Jay Rust posted:

To be fair there aren't really many other opportunities for it to come up.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Might have missed it, but just to remind people http://ifglobalwarmingisrealthenwhyisitcold.blogspot.com/ is still up and running. Pretty sure it was set up by a goon.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I know it's cliché at this point to make fun of the whole "if global warming, why cold?" thing but "if global warming, why Antarctic exist?" is a whooollle new level of dumb.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Bungal fans don't show the true commitment of a true football fan and deserve to lose the playoffs ~ A bitter Stillers fan cartoon

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

FebrezeNinja posted:

Possibly the most representative cartoon of last year:

Today's Toles goes hand-in-hand with that old one.

Edit: \/\/\/\/\/ That'd be Rob Tornoe.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

inthesto posted:

Stantis is pretty lovely, but he's also literally the only regularly posted cartoonist who's ever recanted a bad opinion.

Who was the guy who drew Joe Paterno going to heaven and then later drew him getting kicked out?

• Locked thread