Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

If you walk without rhythym walking, you won't attract the worm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

President Ark posted:

If you walk without rhythym walking, you won't attract the worm.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

stubblyhead posted:

Then it said the same thing for the bear one, and I got very confused (it actually means luscious).

It actually means both, "extra pulp" being the literal sense of it :eng101:

For some reason Orangina seems to really love those animals and now stepped away from having them in sexy furry situation to just having them in nonsensical everyday situations like a bear using orangina as deodorant or a chameleon using it against bad skin :furcry:

The ads are still loving terrible and I still don't get why they are so insistent on having them.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Fathis Munk posted:

The ads are still loving terrible and I still don't get why they are so insistent on having them.

I'm having a very hard time imagining any other reason we'd be talking about Orangina.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KnifeWrench posted:

I'm having a very hard time imagining any other reason we'd be talking about Orangina.
It's one of those things that is so confusing and surreal it ends up stuck in your brain permanently.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Orangina is actually very well known in France and those ads were made for France so I really dunno :shrug:

There is also this masterpiece that very much makes you want to become an Orangina drinker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlGnYU9swjw

Also I made a mistake, they did finally let go of the terrible furry shtick in their ads. It took them a couple years though. I mean look at that crap :

This campaign was a deviant artist's wet dream

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 08:42 on Jan 3, 2014

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
And we wonder why Hitler invaded France.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

KnifeWrench posted:

You say this as we're just coming off a multiple page derail about mayonnaise.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Krowley posted:

Which itself spun off from a derail about pizza.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Fathis Munk posted:

Orangina is actually very well known in France and those ads were made for France so I really dunno :shrug:

There is also this masterpiece that very much makes you want to become an Orangina drinker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlGnYU9swjw

This one is actually pretty funny.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I just assumed it meant "extra pulp".

That's the case. Orangina is a soda with extra pulp and low sugar, closer to plain orange juice. In French pulpeux means both containing pulp and something like voluptuous.

Basically they tried a play on the words naturellement pulpeux, someone thinking that it was cool to put sexy animals in there because naturally voluptuous. Unfortunately it is painful to watch even though it is not furry related.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The penguin one isn't creepy, it's hilarious.

and intriguing....

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Arclyte posted:

You aren't missing anything, it tastes like an orange soda that has been completely desweetened, its atrocious.

What you meant to say is it actually tastes like the fruit it pertains to be rather than some fake as gently caress representation of an orange. I'm sorry you've grown up thinking artificially flavoured versions of things are how fruit actually tastes. :(

Olympic Mathlete has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Jan 3, 2014

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Please shut up. Goons, please shut up. Goons.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Krowley posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Holy crap, it's a south park joke about the simpsons come to life!

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

FishBulb posted:

My wife bought me a cheap tiny iphone controlled helicopter for my birthday.

Heh, nice. Here's the spares from mine.

Also I'm going to pay for clicking that Orangina ad link with 6 months of furry suggestions from youtube, ain't I? Great, trying to convince the missus I don't have a creepy fetish is like my number 7th favourite activity.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Hra Mormo posted:

Also I'm going to pay for clicking that Orangina ad link with 6 months of furry suggestions from youtube, ain't I? Great, trying to convince the missus I don't have a creepy fetish is like my number 7th favourite activity.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hra Mormo posted:

Heh, nice. Here's the spares from mine.

Go to your "recently watched" and remove it from the list?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Maytag posted:

All I see is Danny Glover at the end of Predator 2.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

:v:

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

A mosque in Stockholm was recently tagged with swastikas.
OK, so not funny, not until you look closer:

Took'em two tries before getting the symbol right

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Jesus, those are piss-poor swastikas. CRISP LINES, SHARP ANGLES! Goddamn, can no one paint a straight line?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Crowned posted:

Holy crap, it's a south park joke about the simpsons come to life!

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know the history behind sauces and how they are made especially ingredients and some sauces that are called different things but use most of the same ingredients also what sauces are good on what foods.

I need this guys, I need this from my funny pictures thread.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Captain Trips posted:

And we wonder why Hitler invaded France.

I just assumed that invading France was something the Germans just, y'know, did.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I just assumed that invading France was something the Germans just, y'know, did.

Europeans invading other Europeans? Say it isn't so!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Obviously it was part of the endlösung gegen apfelsintrinkenscheisse

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Maytag posted:

Just for that, I'm posting more orangina!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Outside: :psyduck:

Inside: :smith:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mr Havafap posted:

I wish I had taken a picture of this but years ago I saw some graffiti on a church wall: encircled pentagram, pointing down, an upside-down cross, and below it "999"

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

My Lovely Horse posted:

and below it "999"

The number of the beast-down-under.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

I wish I had taken a picture of this but years ago I saw some graffiti on a church wall: encircled pentagram, pointing down, an upside-down cross, and below it "999"

They clearly believed ACAB.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Mr Havafap posted:

A few years back a muslim religious school here got vandalized and there was a lot white power slogans and Nazi swastikas, both accurate and very messed up ones, and so forth sprayed all around.

The "best" bit, if you can call it that, was the local paper put a good sized picture of one of the vandalized classrooms on their front page, and clearly visible on one wall was sprayed in large letters: WHITE POWER DO A poo poo.

I still dont know what the vandals wanted to get across to people with that slogan.

Content:

Rapman the Cook has a new favorite as of 17:38 on Jan 4, 2014

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Mr Havafap posted:

Whenever you see a swastika spraypainted on a wall, there's about a 50/50 shot that you'll find a hosed-up aborted attempt nearby. Bonus points if the one they got "right" is still left-facing.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

H. P. Lovecraft posted:

On the barren shore, and on the lofty ice barrier in the background, myriads of grotesque penguins squawked and flapped their fins, while many fat seals were visible on the water, swimming or sprawling across large cakes of slowly drifting ice.

At the Mountains of Madness suddenly became more disturbing.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ElectricWizard posted:

At the Mountains of Madness suddenly became more disturbing.

I like to think Lovecraft would poo poo a brick at half the weird stuff the modern world's come up with.

In other news..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I like to think Lovecraft would poo poo a brick at half the weird stuff the modern world's come up with.

Like black people and women with rights. Freaky stuff.

• Locked thread