Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

FSU champs, OU beat Bama, and everything is pretty cool imo

BIG CHANGES IN NCAA:
-4 team playoff
-I dunno more bullshit rule changes that people will bitch about

Preseason Poll, via ESPN (season preview brought to you by wrestling quotes I kind of remember):
1. Florida State (you wanna be the man you gotta beat the man)
2. Alabama (bonesaw is read-y)
3. Oregon (it doesn't matter what you think)
4. Stanford (i'm the man of the hour, the man with the power, too sweet to be sour)
5. Auburn (business just picked up)
6. Michigan State (we snack on danger and dine on death)
7. UCLA (oh yeah)
8. Oklahoma (train. say your prayers. eat your vitamins.)
9. Ohio State (suck it)
10. LSU (everyone has a price)
11. Georgia (stylin' profilin' jet flyin' kiss stealin' son of a gun who's kissed all the girls and made them cry)
12. Baylor (watcha gonna do)
13. South Carolina (know your role)
14. USC (and that's the bottom line)
15. Wisconsin (rest in peace)
16. Texas A&M (woo)
17. North Carolina (just when you think you know the answers, i change the questions)
18. Clemson (woo woo woo you know it)
19. Washington (get the tables)
20. Ole Miss (have a nice day)
21. Iowa (if ya smelllllllllll what the rock is cookin)
22. Arizona State (what)
23. Notre Dame (jabronis)
24. Central Florida (too sweet)
25. Florida (the best there is, the best there was, the best there will ever be)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Who is that from?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
c'mon son

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide
Can we do away with preseason rankings? They are really bad. Thanks.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Gophers: ranked #1

Excuse me bro but I gotta know
How long will it be till Jerry Kill goes

I don't have anything against him, that loss against Syracuse just made me go into :rant:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
BAH GAWD!!!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Who is that from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4QuztNzWiY&t=73s

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I love how ESPN and most media outlets have Nebraska as their Big Ten East (West?) favorite for next year, yet ESPN then ranks Iowa/Wisconsin above them in a preseason poll in the next article.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Thank you.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Even if we haul in a ton of million star recruits between now and the first snap of next season, if we (UGA) come in ranked higher than say 15h, I am seriously going to laugh. I love our wrestling quote though.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The NCAA would be wise to lift Penn State's bowl ban because getting obliterated by some Sun Belt team in the Beezid.com Bowl in lovely downtown Laramie is more of a punishment than no post-season.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Seriously, why the gently caress is Florida ranked?

In all seriousness, I already miss football and I want it back - though I'm worried that Baylor 2014 is going to look an awful lot like Aggy 2013: Returns most of a high-powered offense but defense melts down after lots of graduations. Still, I'm cautiously optimistic about our front 7, and it could turn out that the pair of JUCOs and the young talent we're bringing in in the secondary develop really well. At any rate, I hope Petty and company stop freaking out every time the spotlight's on next year.

Big 12 as a whole could be pretty salty next year. OU, Baylor, KSU all have reasons to feel really good heading in.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 9, 2014

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.
South Carolina deserved the Nature Boy.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
The saddest topic.

Now taking suggestions for Logan Thomas avatar replacement :smith:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Frinkahedron posted:

The saddest topic.

Who's your ridiculously good freshman DB?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Azrial posted:

South Carolina deserved the Nature Boy.

Flair was a Golden Gopher :colbert:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm pretty psyched for the Chris Peterson era y'all

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Benne posted:

I'm pretty psyched for the Chris Peterson era y'all

Stupid jerk decides to finally leave Boise the year after we have a vacancy

Oh well, it's not like it can get much worse, right? :sigh:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

No Johnny Football next year. Now we will never get the support of TFF.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Declan MacManus posted:

Who's your ridiculously good freshman DB?

Which one :smug:

Good idea, I can work a Fuller avatar for two years before he's off to the NFL too.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

SaltLick posted:

No Johnny Football next year. Now we will never get the support of TFF.
There's always the Alabama game at least

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
#billion.Turd.) Washington State [will be bad and terrible because hope is for idiots and i love my dead gay football team]

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Elotana posted:

There's always the Alabama game at least

So, how are the aggies feeling? Know who gets to inherit the legend?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Seriously, why the gently caress is Florida ranked?

In all seriousness, I already miss football and I want it back - though I'm worried that Baylor 2014 is going to look an awful lot like Aggy 2013: Returns most of a high-powered offense but defense melts down after lots of graduations. Still, I'm cautiously optimistic about our front 7, and it could turn out that the pair of JUCOs and the young talent we're bringing in in the secondary develop really well. At any rate, I hope Petty and company stop freaking out every time the spotlight's on next year.

Big 12 as a whole could be pretty salty next year. OU, Baylor, KSU all have reasons to feel really good heading in.

To be fair they only freak out when the spotlight is on them and they're away from home. Which isn't much but it's better than losing the big home games too.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

limeincoke posted:

I love how ESPN and most media outlets have Nebraska as their Big Ten East (West?) favorite for next year, yet ESPN then ranks Iowa/Wisconsin above them in a preseason poll in the next article.

I think the west will be really, really wide open.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, how are the aggies feeling? Know who gets to inherit the legend?

iirc Luke Joeckel's brother Matt is the next one up, there was another guy too but I forgot his name (he was a recent recruit though).

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Our depth chart at QB will be this:

Matt Joeckel RS-SR
Kenny Hill SO
Kyle Allen FR (doubt he redshirts since Joeckel is graduating)

There's a good chance Kenny Hill wins the job, he's a dynamic scrambler with a high ceiling. Slim chance Allen wins it, but he is an early enrollee.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

To be fair they only freak out when the spotlight is on them and they're away from home. Which isn't much but it's better than losing the big home games too.

Nah, there were definitely some jitters versus OU and Texas too. No touchdowns in a quarter/half, respectively - though the D held its poo poo together both of those times, something it decidedly failed to do at OSU or the Fiesta Bowl.

But whatever. I think most of it's a mental thing with Petty, hopefully a year of a experience and an offseason to get his poo poo together should help.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Gonna be a pretty different Gamecocks team next year. We'll see drop-off in some areas, I'm sure, but this group should be capable of staying relevant and in the mix. Dylan Thompson is the clear favorite to take over at quarterback, but we have more talent than ever waiting in the wings, so this spring is going to be very interesting.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

Gonna be a pretty different Gamecocks team next year. We'll see drop-off in some areas, I'm sure, but this group should be capable of staying relevant and in the mix. Dylan Thompson is the clear favorite to take over at quarterback, but we have more talent than ever waiting in the wings, so this spring is going to be very interesting.

I am really curious to see what UGA is going to do next year. Scuttlebutt has always been Hutson Mason was going to take over, but UGA doesn't have the best bet with fifth year seniors taking over (ahem, Joe Cox). Others say Brice Ramsey (who took a redshirt this year) would take over as starter. Yet more say it will be a combo of the two. We will have all kinds of (hopefully healthy) weapons, Malcolm Mitchell, Gurley, Marshall, Scott-Wesley, Conley, and who the hell knows else. Our running game should be fine so long as our O-line does the job, but I am worried about the QB portion.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pac-12 2014 schedule has been finalized

god drat there are a ton of good matchups. Also UCLA's schedule looks pretty brutal

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Frinkahedron posted:

The saddest topic.

Do one of those avatars that zooms the focus between 2 components of the same image, where one is the crushed Miami player, and the other is the punter, victoriously flexing over him

Gotta Wear Shades
Jul 25, 2013

Learn to hoist a jack,
Learn to lay a track
Learn to pick and shovel too
And take my hammer, it'll do anything you tell it to
Utah doesn't really deserve respect right now and likely won't make waves with their schedule this coming season. Hopefully we'll be able to continue the trend of Better Than Colorado, At Least for a year.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
So is the Fulmer Cup happening or has it been retired because of a rape scandal at Vandy of all places.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Gotta Wear Shades posted:

Utah doesn't really deserve respect right now and likely won't make waves with their schedule this coming season. Hopefully we'll be able to continue the trend of Better Than Colorado, At Least for a year.

Gotta find a QB who doesn't break halfway through the season. Your guys' QB luck since BJ has been pretty terrible.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

DJExile posted:

Pac-12 2014 schedule has been finalized

god drat there are a ton of good matchups. Also UCLA's schedule looks pretty brutal

At least we don't get @Oregon and @Stanford in back-to-back weeks next year :negative:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

swickles posted:

So is the Fulmer Cup happening or has it been retired because of a rape scandal at Vandy of all places.

Spencer didn't do anything for the last half of the season, so I don't know if he's done with it or if we'd take it over or if we even want to do it, because the idea of assigning point values to sexual assault is the thing that makes me want to close the internet and go outside and do some charity work or kill all men.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The SEC east sucks so much that Florida could win it. Nearly everyone is in horrible flux, whether it is departing staff or players or angry injury gods. Mizzou's the prohibitive after a magic season because their back-up ended up owning hard. They also have an incredibly sorry schedule, avoiding Alabama, Auburn, and LSU, getting a JFF-less Aggie.

God drat if Mizzou can't repeat, that will be horrible.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Finally, the moment is upon us. Pinkel has to play Mauk. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

swickles posted:

I thought I saw Spencer make a tweet about how he's got an article coming for the new Cup year but I might have been hallucinating or mashing together random posts and tweets.

• Locked thread