Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Here's a great example of how people make money off conspiracy thinkers:
http://www.free-targeted-individuals.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qublai Qhan
Dec 23, 2008

In Xanadu did Qublai Qhan
a stately taco eat,
when ALF the spacerat,
ran through to talk--
Of cabbages and kings
And whether pigs have wings.

Install Windows posted:

quote:

INTRODUCING: THE GRID EXIT METHOD In The Truth Will Set You Free, Electric Angel introduces the GRID EXIT METHOD (GEM), the technology-based anti-mind-control program that makes freedom a reality. GEM strikes at the Perpetrators’ most terrifying weapon, namely V2k (Voice-to-skull) and other preferred breaching and torturing techniques. Once you follow the simple disentrainment steps outlined, the Perpetrators are powerless to stop you and victory is inevitable.

What will be required from you from the anti-mind-control program? Provided you have the free and cheap tools necessary for successful disentrainment, very little effort is required! You will start undermining the Perpetrators’ efforts in as little as five minutes, begin feeling remarkably better almost instantly, and initiate taking back control of the situation urgently. And apart from the great immediacy features offered by this program, you will also feel better and better as days and weeks go by, for the duration of treatment. Just follow the step-by-step instructions once or twice a day and you’ll be free in 90 Days.

What I want to know is how we can believe that the cheap box of tin foil isn't a trick put there by the perpetrators to provide a conductive element and actually allow the mind control waves to work. Did you know that the process for refining aluminum was only relatively recently discovered by a jewish scientist?

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
The sad part is thinking that there might actually be people whose lives were turned around by that thing, who actually got completely snookered by the placebo effect. You're talking to them and they say "I used to be a bum in the street and now I have a wonderful career and a lovely marriage", and you say "wow, how'd you do it", and they say "it's all thanks to the Grid Exit Method which prevented the Perpetrators from using their V2S methods of ruining my coherency", and you're like "how are you allowed in the same room as sharp knives"

PS hehe, "breaching"? That's what they do in Syndicate!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Raw Milk confuses me. Not that people want to drink it, people believe all kinds of wacky things about food these days. No, more that not being allowed to choose raw milk is the greatest breach of human rights in existence, not only that but its literally magic. All illnesses are caused by drinking pasturized milk! Only the e. coli in raw milk can prevent cancer!

People gets so wound up about it. Maybe its just that people seem to think that the goverment has gone too far in restricting things, and its just the straw that broke the camels back. Its probably that Libertarian belief that "I am a rational actor and I don't need someone telling me what I can and cannot do, I will make that decision for myself".

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I'm pretty sure the raw milk rage came out of some dairy farmers' marketing campaign, after they decided they didn't want to have to pay for repairs on their pasteurizing machines.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Raw Milk confuses me.
Driving cars is dangerous. Just *look* at all the people who get killed every year! Not to mention all the non-fatal injuries and property damage. And there is strong evidence that cars are simply too difficult for the average citizen to operate safely (see "Sudden Acceleration Incidents").

Therefore we should ban private ownership of cars. If you want to get anywhere you can take the bus. The government, being interested in your safety, has passed a law declaring that all buses must be safe. Therefore there should be no problems taking a bus anywhere you want to go. And if the bus doesn't take you there, well, that wasn't somewhere you should have been going anyway. I mean, if you just let people drive ANYWHERE THEY WANTED there'd be TOTAL ANARCHY.

(if this sounds ridiculous to you then you are exactly as crazy stupid libertarian as raw-milk people.)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Raw Milk confuses me. Not that people want to drink it, people believe all kinds of wacky things about food these days. No, more that not being allowed to choose raw milk is the greatest breach of human rights in existence, not only that but its literally magic. All illnesses are caused by drinking pasturized milk! Only the e. coli in raw milk can prevent cancer!

People gets so wound up about it. Maybe its just that people seem to think that the goverment has gone too far in restricting things, and its just the straw that broke the camels back. Its probably that Libertarian belief that "I am a rational actor and I don't need someone telling me what I can and cannot do, I will make that decision for myself".
If you're a conspiracy theorist, the conspiracy has to be insidious. It can't be overtly detected. It gets inside you and takes you over from within. This is like the "precious bodily fluids" from Dr. Strangelove where the conspiracy gets to people through water fluoridation. I'd suspect the marketing campaign mentioned above helps explain why they latched on to raw milk, but it's part of a larger set of quack ideas about "natural vs. artificial" that is common in conspiracist circles. The government puts GMO in the food to go after YOU, don't you know. It weakens and deadens you, making you easier to control!

But I think the underlying root cause is anxiety about modernity and technological chance, which is also a driver of fascist political movements, and it's where you'll encounter a lot of overlap between conspiracism and the far right. Large, impersonal mechanical processes upend traditional social and economic relationships and threaten psychological securities. What else would be as prone to cause anxiety as changes to the food we eat? Another thing here is a Manichean worldview. It stands to reason that if "modernity" is evil in all kinds of frightening ways, then so is homogenized milk. Where if "natural" or "organic" is everything good and pure, then it has magical and restorative properties.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 11, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Driving cars is dangerous. Just *look* at all the people who get killed every year! Not to mention all the non-fatal injuries and property damage. And there is strong evidence that cars are simply too difficult for the average citizen to operate safely (see "Sudden Acceleration Incidents").

Therefore we should ban private ownership of cars. If you want to get anywhere you can take the bus. The government, being interested in your safety, has passed a law declaring that all buses must be safe. Therefore there should be no problems taking a bus anywhere you want to go. And if the bus doesn't take you there, well, that wasn't somewhere you should have been going anyway. I mean, if you just let people drive ANYWHERE THEY WANTED there'd be TOTAL ANARCHY.

(if this sounds ridiculous to you then you are exactly as crazy stupid libertarian as raw-milk people.)

No seriously, banning raw milk from being sold en masse has greatly reduced the amount ofpeople who get sick from milk and if you must have it you can get your own drat cow or go to a farm to get it fresh.

Huttan
May 15, 2013

Cheekio posted:

I can't believe how well the media made the entire country dismissive of the Occupy movement. Their marches in New York alone numbered in the tens of thousands, 'liberal lunacy' had almost no effect on the movement when compared to the legislative response and mass arrests.

I had a discussion about this sort of thing when I met some of the Occupy protesters on campus who were griping about the way the media treated them.

The people that were shown on TV looked like homeless bums and drug addicts. When Joe Sixpack saw them on the news, the average viewer was thinking that they needed protection from the bums/thugs. If the occupy protesters showed up in khakis and button down shirts, the average TV viewer would have much more sympathy for the folks because they would look like the people in the next cubicle. So when the police were spraying and beating the protesters, the average viewer would think "that could be me" and have sympathy for the protesters. Instead, the protesters looked like they were the problem and when the cops were busting heads, the average viewer would instead be saying "hit them again harder".

Humans are visual creatures. What we see is far more overwhelming than what we hear or read. So if you ever try to organize a protest, send the folks with visible tattoos and piercings home. Put the folks that look employed in front. Make them shave and get haircuts. The "hearts and minds" that you have to win over are the old farts - basically your parents and their generation. Come up with a few sound bites and elevator pitches for TV interviews because you're going to have about 15 seconds of audio and if you can't make a sound bite fit, you cannot get your message across to the Joe Sixpacks of America.

The attention span of the public is terribly short. If you can't fit into that constraint, then you've already lost.

Qublai Qhan posted:

That having been said, to the extent that that is true, I don't think that the left is blameless. The religiosity of many on the right may predispose them to a vulnerability towards notions that which are stupid, but the excessive devotion to 'democracy' is a value makes the left especially vulnerable to being disrupted by such antics. To clarify, I don't mean 'democracy' in the sense of voting, I mean it in the sense that everyone's opinion is as good as anyone else's. Democracy is a useful tool, but it isn't actually a useful value, and the example you gave of the Occupy protests is a pretty good example of why it isn't. There’s this fine line between believing that everyone has a right to their opinion and the belief that everyone should get equal attention no matter how stupid their ideas are which many on left fail completely in grasping.

Exactly. Not all opinions are valid. Nor are all worth sharing.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Install Windows posted:

No seriously, banning raw milk from being sold en masse has greatly reduced the amount ofpeople who get sick from milk and if you must have it you can get your own drat cow or go to a farm to get it fresh.
The Manichean worldview is important to remember here.

I listen to way too much conspiracy radio for my own good, but it's fascinating how they look at the world and themselves. If you're depressed, disillusioned, overcome with feelings of anomie and meaninglessness, if you think the world is spinning out of control and modern life is moving around you way too fast, while you're sitting in your crappy apartment in a city somewhere, then conspiracy theories are really great at making you feel really good about yourself. If you listen to the people who call into the Alex Jones show, they're thanking him: you changed my life! I've woken up! I have a sense of purpose! He's really great at making his listeners believe they're part of something greater than themselves. And conspiracy theorists do that by taking these undesirable traits and projecting them out onto the conspiracy, and then accentuating their own heroic and mythical traits that stand athwart the foe. They've been reborn, purified of toxins and insidious methods of control.

quote:

Pasteurized, homogenized milk also promotes heart disease, obesity, autoimmune disorders, constipation, sinus congestion and many other chronic health conditions. It is the perfect food for the uninformed masses who the U.S. government seems to be trying to keep in a state of lifelong disease and medical enslavement.

http://www.infowars.com/pasteurized-milk-150-times-more-contaminated-with-blood-pus-and-feces-than-fresh-milk/
That's just totally wild: Drinking pasteurized milk is tantamount to enslavement.

Miss-Bomarc posted:

The sad part is thinking that there might actually be people whose lives were turned around by that thing, who actually got completely snookered by the placebo effect. You're talking to them and they say "I used to be a bum in the street and now I have a wonderful career and a lovely marriage", and you say "wow, how'd you do it", and they say "it's all thanks to the Grid Exit Method which prevented the Perpetrators from using their V2S methods of ruining my coherency", and you're like "how are you allowed in the same room as sharp knives"
Oh absolutely. I would liken it to cults and fundamentalist political and religious movements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSdVO7FKh7Q

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 11, 2014

Qublai Qhan
Dec 23, 2008

In Xanadu did Qublai Qhan
a stately taco eat,
when ALF the spacerat,
ran through to talk--
Of cabbages and kings
And whether pigs have wings.

Miss-Bomarc posted:

No, I don't think so. Purely rational* advocacy for 'raw milk' only comes from pure economic libertarians (because, as Install Windows said, the harm is so clearly evident: being able to poison yourself as a civil right is not a rational argument), whereas the benefits to real freedom engendered by consumer vehicles is of interest to civil libertarians -- and not only to extreme civil libertarians; you don't even have to believe that individuals should have a right to drink raw milk in order to recognize the real benefits to personal freedom which come from being able to get into a vehicle and go wherever.

* I say 'purely rational' but I don't mean 'right'. I just mean that the idea that you're imposing a economic cost in a top-down manner is a genuine violation of the principles of economic libertarianism. A pure civil libertarian might rationally argue for the right to drink the poisoned milk ('allowing the government to say that an individual can't harm himself is an invitation to allow the government to define harm to oneself'), but not for allowing that milk to be sold as food.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

KomradeX posted:

So what the conspiracy angle about ranting about bankers being evil? Bankers being the typical embodiment of capitalism, which if you are a leftist and at least put some stock in the notion that, "all property is theft." Or are we talking about when they say "Bankster criminals," we should be reading evil Jew Lizardmen Rothschild End the Fed type stuff. Sorry Just I always hear Libertarians rant about the Rothschilds and it confuses me to no end. (well it doesn't really it's pretty blatant anti semitism.

Also I think I remember that conspiracy thread from a few years back, it was quite enlightening.

It just attributes more power and sinister agency to the banks then there really is. Sure the banks made a loving cock of things in the crash. People SHOULD be angry about that. But it wasn't an inner chamber of secret lizardmen bankers plotting in advance to crash the economy to enact some weird ancient plan to enslave the people under Ra the sun god.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Install Windows posted:

I'm not even sure its the Alex Jones types targetted by this, but rather paranoid schizophrenics.

quote:

Thank you for visiting free-targeted-individuals.com. The website is for victims of Organized Stalking/Electronic Harassment (OS/EH) who are remotely mind-controlled and monitored 24/7 by gangstalking Perpetrators using a covert Radio Frequency (RF) and is published in the interest of freeing such Targeted Individuals from the four main forms of Electronic Harassment, namely mind-control, Voice-to-skull (V2k), emotional-control and body-control.

Anyone who is being "gang stalked" and targeted by "voice to skull" technology isn't in need of "anti electronic mind control technology' , but Thorazine.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Googling "Targeted individuals" produces a wealth of full-batshit insanity.

http://in2worlds.net/gangstalking-and-targeted-individuals

quote:

2. Hyperdimensional matrix reality

The people involved with gang stalking activities may not always be piloting their own wheel, to put it in a straight forward manner. Other “stuff” may be manipulating them, working through them. There definitely seems to me to be a hyperdimensional component to it all – hyperdimensional, as in, non-physical realms and entities, whether positive or negative, that exist outside our own 3rd density physical reality, unconstrained by space-time, manipulating reality and working through people, like puppet masters from behind the scenes.

Gang stalking targets have cited instances where their harassers are involved in synchronous happenings, or have been able to preemptively beat them to the punch, to the point where it seems impossible…….by human standards. Uncannily timed interference with activities that the stalkers couldn’t have had any advance knowledge of. Appearing in a place before the target gets there, but how could they have known that the target was going? For some people it can really send them into obsessive tailspin trying to figure out how it’s possible that “they” can consistently know things beforehand and preemptively strike like that.

Well again, one explanation is that we’re dealing with a phenomenon that’s not entirely human. When reading various websites and summaries on gang stalking along with people’s first hand accounts what I’m seeing (in my opinion) are two separate things being mixed up in the same category: The concept of “hyperdimensional matrix attacks,” and physical 3rd density harassment by people/groups. They’re separate, yet often times intertwined, concepts. So what’s labeled as “gang stalking activities” may actually be cases of Neg entities working through people, or, regular people that are not involved in gang stalking but who are being “nudged” by other stuff, completely unknown to them, to do something at a particular moment for the benefit of/effect on somebody else around them. For the latter, that means any one of us, myself included, could be used in this way. But this is a subject not mentioned in most gang stalking material I’ve read thus far. Which is understandable since many people aren’t aware of hyperdimensional worlds, the non-physical entities that reside in them, the scope of their power over people and this reality, and the fact that they’re not limited by space-time. Reading the writings of Montalk for instance, is a good place to go for those who are unfamiliar with the idea of hyperdimensional “matrix agents.” The book “Practical Psychic Self Defense” by Robert Bruce is another good source, an in-depth first hand account of Neg entities, what they are, how they operate, and how to remove and rid them. Recently found this write up on gang stalking over at educate-yourself.org with a reader’s response comment that mentions the demonic/Neg entity aspect of it all. So at least my boyfriend and I are not the only ones thinking in this way, although that piece came out in 2003, and here it is 2008, five years later, so, I’m a little late to the game. ;)

:psypop:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

duck monster posted:

I'm not even sure its the Alex Jones types targetted by this, but rather paranoid schizophrenics.

Anyone who is being "gang stalked" and targeted by "voice to skull" technology isn't in need of "anti electronic mind control technology' , but Thorazine.

I'm fairly sure there's a lot of overlap there, particularly for people who only have mild symptoms

Qublai Qhan posted:

No, I don't think so. Purely rational* advocacy for 'raw milk' only comes from pure economic libertarians (because, as Install Windows said, the harm is so clearly evident: being able to poison yourself as a civil right is not a rational argument), whereas the benefits to real freedom engendered by consumer vehicles is of interest to civil libertarians -- and not only to extreme civil libertarians; you don't even have to believe that individuals should have a right to drink raw milk in order to recognize the real benefits to personal freedom which come from being able to get into a vehicle and go wherever.

I mean, there could be ways to properly monitor raw milk, test each container for pathogens and contamination and all that. This could allow for the safe sale of it, but the costs would likely be quite high to do that. So the simple and effective way is just bar people from selling raw milk in stores and by mail/internet/phone order. And of course if you have your own milk-giving animal you can just have all ya want.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Ahahaha reading these sites just led me to the wikipedia page of possibly the greatest rear end in a top hat scientist of all time, Allen H. Frey.

quote:

In 1975, Frey published a study in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences stating that microwaves "with certain modulations" could cause leakage in the blood–brain barrier, with possibly lethal consequences. In one experiment, he synchronized microwaves with the myocardial rhythm of a frog heart, and found that the heart stopped beating. In another experiment, he microwaved cats and found that it had a huge effect on emotions.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
The gently caress is "gang stalking"? :psyduck:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Everything bad that happens to you was done by a large group of people working together to harass you.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

duck monster posted:

Ahahaha reading these sites just led me to the wikipedia page of possibly the greatest rear end in a top hat scientist of all time, Allen H. Frey.

Thanks for reminding me about that guy! His wiki page needed an edit. According to Wikipedia, he is no longer "being effectively silenced by the United States Government"

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Gang stalking is where the person suffers from a psychological delusion that everybody is out to get them. It means that everything that happens to you in a day is all planned out, and all meant to hurt *you.*

That time someone honked their horn because you didn't go fast enough through the green light? That wasn't just some random rear end in a top hat, that was one of *them* :tinfoil:

Don't get that job that you really wanted? The interviewer was in on it! :tinfoil:

Store out of your favorite beverage? *THEY* knew that you liked that drink and ran to make sure that you couldn't get it. :freep:

It literally means that the world revolves around them and every single inconvenience against them is part of some nebulous plot to keep them down for...some reason. Maybe it's just their turn, maybe they have secret powers and *They* are trying to suppress you, maybe they fear that you know that they're out there, so *they* are doing their damned level best to poo poo on your life. :v:

Its literally a 'I must be so important, the only reason these random coincidences are happening is because everybody hates how special I am'.

See also: Color harassment. Wherein the same group is doing the same thing, but by making sure random things you have to deal with are a CERTAIN COLOR THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE. :suicide:

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Miss-Bomarc posted:

It sounds like something you're trying to stretch to make more ridiculous than it is, really. Anyone who has driven in Atlanta or Los Angeles and doesn't think it would be a good idea to replace much of the car traffic with higher-density, more regular, and operated-by-people-actually-paid-to-operate-these-things public transit is in an FYGM delusional bubble.

Not to mention that banning cars altogether isn't exactly the same sort of thing as requiring pasteurization. It's more like requiring seat belts and air bags, which *gasp* the government requires, and you can even get pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt!

Not to mention that car ownership does in fact have practical benefits that even pasteurized milk doesn't have.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I remember reading a blog by someone who claimed to be gangstalked, and it was literally

april 3rd, 11:47 am - Was at grocery store, woman looked at me. It was obvious she was a lookout for the team assigned to this store to remove all sale items from the shelves.

And so on, tons of perfectly normal occurrences that you'd have if you live where there are other people are turned into something sinister.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I remember reading a blog by someone who claimed to be gangstalked, and it was literally

april 3rd, 11:47 am - Was at grocery store, woman looked at me. It was obvious she was a lookout for the team assigned to this store to remove all sale items from the shelves.

And so on, tons of perfectly normal occurrences that you'd have if you live where there are other people are turned into something sinister.

To be fair, we shouldn't mock the mentally disabled. I think it has to do with the part of their brain that tries to link things together having a problem functioning and as a result basically tries to link *everything*.

Byde
Apr 15, 2013

by Lowtax
How plausible is the theory hanging around that Osama bin Laden died years before 2011 and that the one we killed and thought was Osama actually was some random dude?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

E-Tank posted:

Gang stalking is where the person suffers from a psychological delusion that everybody is out to get them. It means that everything that happens to you in a day is all planned out, and all meant to hurt *you.*

That time someone honked their horn because you didn't go fast enough through the green light? That wasn't just some random rear end in a top hat, that was one of *them* :tinfoil:

Don't get that job that you really wanted? The interviewer was in on it! :tinfoil:

Store out of your favorite beverage? *THEY* knew that you liked that drink and ran to make sure that you couldn't get it. :freep:

It literally means that the world revolves around them and every single inconvenience against them is part of some nebulous plot to keep them down for...some reason. Maybe it's just their turn, maybe they have secret powers and *They* are trying to suppress you, maybe they fear that you know that they're out there, so *they* are doing their damned level best to poo poo on your life. :v:

Its literally a 'I must be so important, the only reason these random coincidences are happening is because everybody hates how special I am'.

See also: Color harassment. Wherein the same group is doing the same thing, but by making sure random things you have to deal with are a CERTAIN COLOR THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE. :suicide:

This must be such a terrifying state of reality to be in. :ohdear:

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Byde posted:

How plausible is the theory hanging around that Osama bin Laden died years before 2011 and that the one we killed and thought was Osama actually was some random dude?

How many years? If it was pre-2009, how likely is it that Bush wouldn't have done anything to take credit for Bin Laden being dead, no matter the actual cause? Also, it goes back to the "too many people" problem that many conspiracy theories run into. A bunch of members of Congress saw the photos and said it was him, not to mention who knows how many people in various support roles and every person in the military that was involved. So all of them are lying or managing to stay silent?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Byde
Apr 15, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

How many years?

Some people say that he died up to a few years after 9/11, and some others say that he's still alive and hanging out in a mountain somewhere and that in both cases Obama pinned the name of Osama on someone else so that he can get re-elected.

I've also heard that Pakistanis were crying about Osama's location all this time and that we didn't listen because reasons, how true is this?

EDIT: Also, the first time I've seen these opinions is in a forum whose major member and friend of the admin has a opinion taken straight from a Bors cartoon involving the 2nd amendment. I'll let you figure out which one.

Byde fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 12, 2014

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Byde posted:

I've also heard that Pakistanis were crying about Osama's location all this time and that we didn't listen because reasons, how true is this?

My recollection is that the Pakistani government was infuriated (and no doubt embarrassed) about the whole thing. Particularly that we didn't involve them because we didn't trust their intelligence agency.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Don't get paranoid schizophrenia then. The gang stalking thing is pretty much a blow by blow run through of the primary symptems of untreated paranoid schizophrenia.And before the moden era of treatment, becoming schizophrenic was a fate worse than death. Now its a fate that can be deflected to some extent with medication.

duck monster fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 13, 2014

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Byde posted:

and some others say that he's still alive and hanging out in a mountain somewhere and that in both cases Obama pinned the name of Osama on someone else so that he can get re-elected.

So in this scenario, to completely discredit the US government and bring down the administration all bin Laden has to do is pop out in front of a camera with today's newspaper and say "Guess what, fuckers? Still alive!" and he hasn't done this yet because...?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Spakstik posted:

So in this scenario, to completely discredit the US government and bring down the administration all bin Laden has to do is pop out in front of a camera with today's newspaper and say "Guess what, fuckers? Still alive!" and he hasn't done this yet because...?
In cahoots.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Strudel Man posted:

In cahoots.

I'm going to regret asking this, but: to what end? Has he always been in cahoots with the US government, or just the Obama administration? If it's the former, why did they wait until Obama's first term to fake his death?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
My favorite CIA conspiracy is that they invested millions into "Modern Art."

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spakstik posted:

why did they wait until Obama's first term to fake his death?

So the Satanic Illuminati masters could have their Kenyan-born puppet re-elected (they don't rig the election because reasons, or maybe they do; people who think these kind of things usually don't vote).

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Yeah, but that was an actual thing they did, though, right? I thought I read something about them pumping up Jackson Pollock as some kind of great artist to stick it to the Russians or something.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This is truly among their most heinous crimes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

E-Tank posted:

To be fair, we shouldn't mock the mentally disabled. I think it has to do with the part of their brain that tries to link things together having a problem functioning and as a result basically tries to link *everything*.

I don't think we should either, but at the same time, there is no way to talk to someone about this kind of stuff. Even if you say "you need to see someone that can help you" they refuse because no, they're not crazy they know what is happening, what they saw and dammit, they are not going to see a doctor!

It's a horrible catch 22 for friends and family because there is really no ethical way to help these people. Unless you can be shown to be a danger to yourself or others you can't be committed involuntarily. The internet enables this kind of stuff too, so it just reenforces their issues.

I am going to laugh at Targ because it is pretty amusing how the majority of the strips are really, really really banal daily things that occur when you live around other people.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Modern Art was largely European in its roots, and from way before the CIA. The Surrealist Manifestos were from 1924 and 1929, The Bauhaus was founded in 1919, Dada came about through gatherings of artists in Switzerland in WWI, etc whereas the OSS, the precursor to the CIA wasn't founded until WWII. If the idea is that Modern Art is a CIA invention or was non-influential until they got involved, you need some time travel in there. Instead, they were likely just funding already well regarded artists that went against the tenants of Soviet Realist art to piss off the USSR, and many of the more abstract schools of Modern Art contrasted heavily with Soviet Realism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

My 'favorite' part is all the gang stalking videos on the internet, where someone runs around with a video camera and points out all the gang-stalkers around them and mentioning how they must be monitoring them for further harassment, because they're taking a moment to look and watch the person talking to them-self while they're video-taping random strangers on the street. :smith:

• Locked thread