Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

VagueRant posted:

Glad to see the Good Miss Lance back on the island wasn't a horrible person too. And that Ivo totally is. "You ungrateful bitch" was such a vicious little turn.

Ivo in the comics has always been a vindictive whiny little poo poo. This portrayal is right on the money though he needs more scales...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It's good that Laurel was finally a relevant character.

But she still got kidnapped, again.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Regarding Slade's decision to punish Blood at the end: I thought it was because he deliberately confronted the Arrow after Slade explicitly told him not to. It was the last 'DO NOT gently caress WITH MY ORDERS' show of force.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Let's not forget that Slade is loving crazy mirakuru style.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ded posted:

It's good that Laurel was finally a relevant character.

But she still got kidnapped, again.

Yeah but then she saved Ollie's life!

One of the things that makes this show so good is just how outstanding the action setpieces are. When you involve superhuman feats in live action, sometimes it's really easy to tell where the wires are. Someone will be thrown or knocked around and they won't go fast enough to justify how far they went, and your brain noticed that. When Roy was beating up that dude, it really looked like he was getting hit full force. They did the same thing with the Arrow/Gold fight in the warehouse. They really sell just how powerful these Miracuru dudes are.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The 'blood' hitting the car window 1/2 second before the body hit was kinda bad, but otherwise a good scene.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ded posted:

The 'blood' hitting the car window 1/2 second before the body hit was kinda bad, but otherwise a good scene.

Honestly I didn't even notice it.

Love that Ollie's solution to every problem is shooting it with an arrow. Locked hatch? Arrow it.

Also "WHAT COLOR. ARE YOUR SHOES." was an outstanding and hilarious delivery by Amell.

I'm starting to get worried that they are criminally under utilizing Digs. I know they had a big Diggle ep a while ago with the Russia stuff, but he needs to be more integrated and stop just being the dude that says "Oliver, wait".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Honestly I didn't even notice it.

Love that Ollie's solution to every problem is shooting it with an arrow. Locked hatch? Arrow it.

Also "WHAT COLOR. ARE YOUR SHOES." was an outstanding and hilarious delivery by Amell.

I'm starting to get worried that they are criminally under utilizing Digs. I know they had a big Diggle ep a while ago with the Russia stuff, but he needs to be more integrated and stop just being the dude that says "Oliver, wait".

An episode where Ollie is hurt or captured and Dig has to fake being the Arrow would be cool.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I'm pretty sure that the showrunner's have said that there will indeed be more Diggle-centric episodes coming up, but I would like to see him more integrated into Oliver's escapades, actively working as his backup. This show seems to laser focus really hard, which is enjoyable but ends up leaving certain crucial characters underdeveloped, like Laurel until recently and now Diggle.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

More reasons that Stephen Amell is the best TV star

quote:

On the one hand, it's been a pretty tough morning for the Bieb's. On the other hand, someone convinced me to attempt a juice cleanse, SO IT'S BEEN A PRETTY TOUGH MORNING FOR ME TOO!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If i ever met Amell irl, I doubt I'd escape with my dignity intact.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Gaz-L posted:

An episode where Ollie is hurt or captured and Dig has to fake being the Arrow would be cool.

Hell, especially if he has to interact with Roy in some way and Roy goes, "Wait gently caress this isn't the same person, what the hell, who are you?"

And that starts leading towards Roy finding out his identity.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

OmniBeer posted:

Hell, especially if he has to interact with Roy in some way and Roy goes, "Wait gently caress this isn't the same person, what the hell, who are you?"

And that starts leading towards Roy finding out his identity.

No way the next episode ends without Roy figuring out Ollie is the Arrow though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

zoux posted:

One of the things that makes this show so good is just how outstanding the action setpieces are. When you involve superhuman feats in live action, sometimes it's really easy to tell where the wires are. Someone will be thrown or knocked around and they won't go fast enough to justify how far they went, and your brain noticed that. When Roy was beating up that dude, it really looked like he was getting hit full force. They did the same thing with the Arrow/Gold fight in the warehouse. They really sell just how powerful these Miracuru dudes are.

This is exactly why I don't mind more superpowered individuals showing up in this series. They're so damned good at it, the sense of mass and force behind the superstrength choreography feels just right and convinces me that they deserve a shot at more.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

MrFlibble posted:

No way the next episode ends without Roy figuring out Ollie is the Arrow though.

I went to disagree with you, but I remembered the speed that this show works at, so. Yeah.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

By the way, I think it's gonna be Laurel that gets back on Blood's trail, because why else have Ollie decide he's not going to listen to Laurel's poo poo any more. He's going to have to be convinced.

Part of the reason that Laurel's stuff was better this episode is that they are directly involving her with the Arrow. All the good plotlines come from direct Arrow, rather than Ollie, involvement. This is why I think it would be a good idea to let her in on the secret and get her on Team Arrow, it allows those kinds of plotlines to develop, rather than sticking her off in her own deal which no one cares about.

I'd also like to give a shout out to Kevin Alejandro as Brother Blood. I really liked him in True Blood and he's doing a great job as in Arrow as well. I thought he was very menacing in the opening scene.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OmniBeer posted:

I went to disagree with you, but I remembered the speed that this show works at, so. Yeah.

Nah, they'll hold off until... February. Maybe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Laurel got fired, so she now has nothing to do but go after Blood.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

She seemed pretty sold on being wrong, so it's going to take something to prod her back in that direction, I think.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm betting she goes to work for Blood in some capacity now.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

McSpanky posted:

This is exactly why I don't mind more superpowered individuals showing up in this series. They're so damned good at it, the sense of mass and force behind the superstrength choreography feels just right and convinces me that they deserve a shot at more.

Grant Gustin did an interview recently and though he wasn't allowed to say much, he hinted that they might be working with some interesting new technology for the effects on The Flash. This show seems to put a ton of thought into its effects (which is not the same as putting a ton of money into them), so knowing that they've got some top-secret new toys for The Flash and have already thought up ways to do the speed effects just makes me even more excited for it. :flashfap:

zoux posted:

I'd also like to give a shout out to Kevin Alejandro as Brother Blood. I really liked him in True Blood and he's doing a great job as in Arrow as well. I thought he was very menacing in the opening scene.

Seconding this. There is a lot more to Sebastian than I was expecting. He's definitely :moreevil:, but there's depth and texture to his evil. I am interested in learning more about him and his obviously hosed-up past.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

You could say she's... Out For Blood :c00l:

It's... Blood For Blood :cool:

It's gonna be a... Bloody Sunday Wednesday :downs:

It's... That Time Of The Month :eng99:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spergatory posted:

Grant Gustin did an interview recently and though he wasn't allowed to say much, he hinted that they might be working with some interesting new technology for the effects on The Flash. This show seems to put a ton of thought into its effects (which is not the same as putting a ton of money into them), so knowing that they've got some top-secret new toys for The Flash and have already thought up ways to do the speed effects just makes me even more excited for it. :flashfap:

Well, they'll have a bit more money for the pilot of The Flash, and spending it on stuff like potential standing sets, or effects gear that'll be used every week if the show's picked up isn't a bad idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

teagone posted:

The episode ended with a pretty good one two punch. I'm also beginning to wonder if Oliver was injected with Mirakuru at some point while on the island.

Ollie gets hurt waaaaay to much and easily for that to have happened.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess we don't know if Miracuru is permanent or not? Seems kind of odd that they would make Roy superpowered, since that could make it easier for him to outshine Ollie. I could see it wearing off at some point.

This assumes that Slade has a regular supply of course.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

zoux posted:

This assumes that Slade has a regular supply of course.

In the reveal episode where Blood talks to Slade about running out and needing more, Slade mentions that he'll set something up to give Blood more of his (Slade's, drat this got confusing) blood implying that Slade still has the stuff in him and that more can just be synthesized/reverse-engineered/magicked out of him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

VDay posted:

In the reveal episode where Blood talks to Slade about running out and needing more, Slade mentions that he'll set something up to give Blood more of his (Slade's, drat this got confusing) blood implying that Slade still has the stuff in him and that more can just be synthesized/reverse-engineered/magicked out of him.

Oh, right.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt__KX9sfvU

For folks like me who missed the preview. Seems very much like Ollie will reveal his identity to Roy. Also more Bronze Tiger.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hi liter posted:

For folks like me who missed the preview. Seems very much like Ollie will reveal his identity to Roy. Also more Bronze Tiger.

Man they are not loving around with getting Roy in on the action, huh?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There will never be a thing as too much Michael Jai White.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

Blood is gonna screw up again and Slade is gonna set up Laurel to murderize him and take his place. I'm going to keep trumpeting Slade mentoring Laurel until it happens :colbert:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

hi liter posted:

Well, now we know who was that 'hood' tease about. Not Jason Todd to be found on Arrow (I know it was a really looooooong shot but I wanted to believe :smith:)

At least Slade is loving awesome. :v:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

As written on the page, there really isn't much to Sebastian Blood. Lots of clunky lines that indulge in Arrow's worst habit - character's announcing what they're feeling without a hint of restraint.

But drat, Alejandro has really been selling it.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I need to avatarize Slade's shot from this episode. "Your posting has already cost the lives of four people. Continue, and you'll be the fifth." :black101:

Narcissus1916 posted:

As written on the page, there really isn't much to Sebastian Blood. Lots of clunky lines that indulge in Arrow's worst habit - character's announcing what they're feeling without a hint of restraint.

But drat, Alejandro has really been selling it.
I'm not sure it is what they're aiming for, but they've got me convinced that he's got himself convinced he's some god-like supervillain. His ego is huge, and a major reason why Slade saw fit to tear the motherfucker down.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hi liter posted:

I think we all know what the thread title will be next week.

Do you have one of your hoodies?

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 24, 2014

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

McSpanky posted:

You could say she's... Out For Blood :c00l:

It's... Blood For Blood :cool:

It's gonna be a... Bloody Sunday Wednesday :downs:

It's... That Time Of The Month :eng99:

There will be BLOOD

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

hi liter posted:

Can someone just put me in a medically induced coma for a week? I don't think I can bear the wait after seeing that preview. :ohdear:

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I liked how enthusiastic Thea was when Roy asked her to put Sin in one of her slutty outfits.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rhyno posted:

If they can't work in a boxing glove arrow they drat well better work in "I threw that [crap] before I walked in the room!" :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rhyno posted:

the same rule applies to manu Bennet

• Locked thread