Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Ditocoaf posted:

Okay, today is where my previous good feelings for Pearl Before Swine withers and dies.

Oh no he made some lame Monica Lewinsky jokes the horror

nickmeister posted:

I want my title to read "patron of the arts".

You are a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

JaggerMcDagger posted:

:siren: The best Drybone I have ever read :siren:

I had to look, just to see if it was an edit.

Also, whoever paid for the snafu pants donkey is the greatest person in this thread.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Rorus Raz posted:

The person who paid for that pants donkey picture needs to fess up and accept their new avatar.

E: I am dumb. But thanks, dude, for buyin that.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I laughed so hard at that Dry Bones it scared both of my cats. May Allah bless you, Kirschen.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Little Blackfly posted:

I wonder if Muir realizes

He doesn't.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

:siren: The best Drybone I have ever read :siren:

The American justice system -- notoriously biased against Jews.

Kirschen's Jonathan Pollard poo poo, while tedious and tunnel-visioned, never struck me as genuinely loving stupid in the way of a Ramirez or an Asay. But this? What the living Christ. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt as a citizen of a foreign country, there is no possible way he should be stupid and crazy enough to believe that the American government is targeting Jews.

MisterBadIdea fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 1, 2014

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kirschen was born in the USA. He moved to Israel as an adult and even legally changed his name. I forget his birth name, but it wasn't Kirschen.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Swan Oat posted:

I laughed so hard at that Dry Bones it scared both of my cats. May Allah bless you, Kirschen.

That's a pretty good Yiddish-style curse for using on an Islamophobe, nice one :tipshat:

MisterBadIdea posted:

The American justice system -- notoriously biased against Jews.

Kirschen's Jonathan Pollard poo poo, while tedious and tunnel-visioned, never struck me as genuinely loving stupid in the way of a Ramirez or an Asay. But this? What the living Christ. Even given him the benefit of the doubt as a citizen of a foreign country, there is no possible way he should be stupid and crazy enough to believe that the American government is targeting Jews.

Didn't Kirschen once make a cartoon that said something along the lines of "if the American justice system treated black people anywhere near as bad as it treats Jews (based on my sample size of one Jonathan Pollard) I bet we'd have heard something about all the racism by now :mad:"? Because I could swear I remember him doing that and if I'm right it's basically the most :ironicat: thing in existence.

Don't forget Kirschen hasn't lived in America for at least 40 years. One could give him the benefit of the doubt and say that for all he knows he's absolutely right.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

loquacius posted:

That's a pretty good Yiddish-style curse for using on an Islamophobe, nice one :tipshat:

Didn't Kirschen once make a cartoon that said something along the lines of "if the American justice system treated black people anywhere near as bad as it treats Jews (based on my sample size of one Jonathan Pollard) I bet we'd have heard something about all the racism by now :mad:"? Because I could swear I remember him doing that and if I'm right it's basically the most :ironicat: thing in existence.

It's even better than that!

quote:

I drew today's Golden Oldie twenty years ago this week, on March 21, 1991.

For me, the years have passed quickly. I suspect that for Jonathan that's not true. No one else in the history of the United States has ever received a life sentence for passing classified information to an ally - only Jonathan Pollard. The median sentence for this offense is two to four years. Even agents who have committed far more serious offenses on behalf of hostile nations have not received such a harsh sentence.

If our community's unforgivable lack of response to Pollard's outrageous treatment was an uncomfortable truth back then, in 1991 ...how much more despicable now, an unbelievable twenty years later, in 2011??!

To understand what happened, please click on Facts of the Pollard Case.

Labels: 1991, America, American Blacks, American Jews, antisemitism, Jesse Jackson, Jonathan Pollard

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Political Cartoons 2014: That he is a Jew.

I'd say without a doubt the hardest I've ever laughed at anything in the thread. An absolute masterpiece.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Well, at least his eyes are open.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Richard Worman!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Is this about anything that actually has to do with something Obama did, or did Ramirez just see a black guy on TV and the rest just kind of happened?

Alternately: Richard Sherman is legit a straightup better player than Michael Crabtree, and Obama is actually better than... Al Qaeda? :confused: A Trivially Good Cartoon.

e: Christ those eyebrows are ugly and not an actual feature Obama has. What the gently caress is Ramirez on when he's drawing?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Bill Day is good at combining stuff with other stuff

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Exclamation Marx posted:

Bill Day is good at combining stuff with other stuff
Nowhere near as successful as Catdog.

Could someone post the picture of Newt Gingrich as an elephant's butt?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Another MAD Magazine cartoon by Ted Rall!

A context for this one. The gimmick for this issue (#488 April 2008) was that it was supposedly done by a staff of monkeys. Everything in this issue is monkey themed. For example, instead of "Spy vs. Spy", we got "Spider Monkey vs. Spider Monkey"; The spoof for TV series "Monk" was "MONKey"; Sergio Aragones did "A Mad Look at Humans", with every gag being from the POV of monkeys; Al Jaffee did "Snappy Answers to Stupid Human Questions", with monkeys making sarcastic remarks, etc.

Ted Rall joined the bandwagon with a monkey version of "Fantabulaman", a superhero parody that he does for the magazine.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

gently caress you Ramirez!

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

loquacius posted:

Is this about anything that actually has to do with something Obama did, or did Ramirez just see a black guy on TV and the rest just kind of happened?

Alternately: Richard Sherman is legit a straightup better player than Michael Crabtree, and Obama is actually better than... Al Qaeda? :confused: A Trivially Good Cartoon.

e: Christ those eyebrows are ugly and not an actual feature Obama has. What the gently caress is Ramirez on when he's drawing?

Ramirez saw a black guy make news with some amount of negative reaction in some circles, and his instinct was "how can I associate this with Obama". Ramirez probably assumes it's just another generic "a thing happened, that thing is a one-size-fits-all political metaphor" cartoon, but really, this connection makes no sense at all (there hasn't been a conservative "obama is blustering bad sport" meme going around) except in the context of "hey everybody, look how black people act!" gently caress you, ramirez.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I just realized that the Dry Bones guy is in fact the same guy who did some comics in the Big Book O' Jewish Humor I have read at my relatives' house. (His comics there are more about daily Israeli life or matters like Jews for Jesus, and seem much more relaxed)

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

GUYZ posted:

The most race baiting I have seen in a long time.

poo poo comes in three, someone post a doozzy.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

Kirschen was born in the USA. He moved to Israel as an adult and even legally changed his name. I forget his birth name, but it wasn't Kirschen.

It was his first name that he changed, from Jerry to Yaakov.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

It took me a few seconds to see why that last word balloon had so much blank space, it's because he just mirrored the first panel.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

A fat, pinkish man with a mustache nods and stamps, stamps and nods, stamps, stamps, stamps. There is no shortage of work. "Thanks, Obama," he thinks, and now not even he knows what emotion lies behind his words.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I hate Richard Sherman but I hate Ramirez too, so that cartoon cancels itself out and I cannot see it.

And really, not seeing Ramirez cartoons is the best way to experience Ramirez cartoons.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Actual Facts About Richard Sherman:

*Arguably the best player at his position in the NFL
*Is on perhaps the best team in the NFL
*Made an outstanding play in a critical situation to seal a conference championship for his team
*Is headed to, and could possibly win, the Super Bowl

Facts About Richard Sherman That Ramirez Took Into Consideration When Making That Cartoon:

*Yelled
*Black

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

What is going on with his mouth, or lower lip, or whatever the hell that is? It looks like his tongue has turned into a mini-wormbama.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Good evening.

...body fat is directly proportional to grey matter?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:laffo: I wonder if Jesus loves apple pie as well.

comsymp
Oct 31, 2012
New Bennett:

Devil Baby Attacks!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

13-year-olds, known for buying "records".

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

PUGGERNAUT posted:

13-year-olds, known for buying "records".

All recorded music is a "record", you're thinking of "vinyl records". It's like complaining that you wanted DVDs, not "videos".

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Gonzo McFee posted:

Normalized to the point of humour.

It reminds me of a documentary I saw about German Jokes during WW2, which revealed that the whole idea where people didn't know what was going on in the camps was bollocks because there were so many jokes about what was going on in those camps that were too accurate to just be black humour guesses.

What I'm saying is that in 100 years time when something has actually been done about this then we're going to have a rough as gently caress time pretending that we didn't know it was happening, honest.

what documentary was that?

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

Rebochan posted:

...body fat is directly proportional to grey matter?

Look at the chiseled Adonis who drew this cartoon.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

colonel_korn posted:

Ahahahaha. Yes, Jesus, the one who loves poor people, treating the ill, feeding the needy, helping the poor, and was a pacifist would truly be a republican.

Edit*

Oh wait, that's white Jesus, so he probably IS a Republican.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

colonel_korn posted:

Jesus Christ- a famously "right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay" politician.

Seriously, which part of that does Branco think that Jesus would agree with?

edit: winged, but not beaten.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

:swoon: Oh Yulia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Who is smoking the right wing hysteria? I think I actually need a label this time.

• Locked thread