Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of January 23):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    UnEpic - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    Trine 2: Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - €6.79 / £5.49 until January 30
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Bella Sara 2 - The Magic of Drasilmare - €34.99 / £29.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Boulder Dash XL-3D (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 until January 30
    Alien Chaos 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until January 30
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until February 6
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.19 until February 6
    MYST (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until January 31
    Dress To Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until February 6
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubble (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until February 6

NA update (week of January 23):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mighty Bomb Jack (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - $1.99 until February 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Project X Zone - $19.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Life Force (NES) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (3DS) - $19.99 until January 27
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - $29.99 until February 3
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until February 6
    Darts Up 3D (3DS eShop) - "More than 50% off" until January 30
    Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - $19.99 until January 31
    Hometown Story (3DS) - $29.99 until January 31
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    1080 Snowboarding (Wii VC) - 200 Coins, available until February 9
    F-Zero (Wii VC) - 200 Coins, available until February 9
    Game & Watch: Cement Factory (DSiWare) - 100 Coins, available until February 9
    Spin Six (DSiWare) - 150 Coins, available until February 9

(there are probably more NA sales than listed here, NOA is always leaving crap off the press release)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know this is kind of dumb but a developer putting "epic" in the name of their game really puts me off. You can only get away with that if you're Kirby.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Still no SMB3 huh? Was Mighty Bomb Jack really worth releasing over that?

Life force on the other hand, that's okay.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Still no SMB3 huh? Was Mighty Bomb Jack really worth releasing over that?

Life force on the other hand, that's okay.

Between that and A Link to the Past still not being up, I really want to know what the gently caress is going on with the people in charge of the VC service. It wasn't this bad for the first few years with the Wii was it?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Aw man, Untold's the one on sale? For some reason I thought it and IV were both going on. I really should have snagged that while I had the chance, I really liked the demo for IV.

Untold is a remake of the first EO, right? Does it have any quality of life improvements over IV, or should I go for IV if I want the best EO experience? There's no storyline continuity between them, is there?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Aw man, Untold's the one on sale? For some reason I thought it and IV were both going on. I really should have snagged that while I had the chance, I really liked the demo for IV.

Don't fret, Atlus puts their games on sale pretty often.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
EO4 was on sale but it ended a few days ago. Their sales never seem to sync with the regular schedule, so they're easy to lose track of.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Handsome Ralph posted:

Between that and A Link to the Past still not being up, I really want to know what the gently caress is going on with the people in charge of the VC service. It wasn't this bad for the first few years with the Wii was it?

November 19, 2006 was when Wii Virtual Console launched. Link to the Past was January 22, 2007 and Super Mario Bros. 3 came November 5, 2007.

It's what, 13 months? In 13 months of the Wii Virtual Console you had 10 N64 games, 43 Genesis games, 45 Turbo Grafix games and 8 Neo Geo games. That's not even including how many NES and SNES games because there is almost as many Genesis games released by then for the Wii as there are NES and SNES games released for the Wii U now.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

(there are probably more NA sales than listed here, NOA is always leaving crap off the press release)

Here's the stuff from the price drop category on the 3DS eShop. Only the one game was released.

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures $29.99 ($10 off)
Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff $19.99 ($10 off)
Hotel Transylvania $9.99 ($10 off)
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2 $19.99($10 off)
Doodle Jump $14.99($15 off)
Bomb Monkey $2.99 ($2 off)
Darts Up 3D is $0.99 on that sale, I think a first for the system.
Rage of the Gladiator $3.49 ($3.50 off through 1/30)
AiRace Speed $2.99 ($2 off through 2/5)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dehry posted:

Darts Up 3D is $0.99 on that sale, I think a first for the system.

The two Dress to Play games were 99 cents during the big christmastime sale. Thought that was interesting as well.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does anyone remember Moon, Renegade Kid's kinda-Metroid-y FPS for DS? Well, they've acquired the rights to their game and are remaking it for the 3DS eShop as "Moon Chronicles":

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/01/24/mutant-mudd-dev-announces-moon-chronicles-for-3ds

They're going with an episodic format: the first "season" will be a remake of the original game, delivered as a series of DLC "episodes", and if it does well they'll release a second "season" of all-new episodes. 60FPS 3D, Circle Pad Pro support, yada yada.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 25, 2014

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Renegades ... for the 3DS eShop

So basically PALs have no hope of ever seeing it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Box of Bunnies posted:

So basically PALs have no hope of ever seeing it.

What makes you say that? Mutant Mudds is an eShop game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rexroom posted:

What makes you say that? Mutant Mudds is an eShop game.

They haven't released the Wii U version or any of their other eShop games in PAL-land, and when quizzed about it they said they're too small and too busy to find the time to deal with the paperwork. Go figure.

Mr_D
Jan 28, 2001

I have no sense of humor. I like to crap on everyone's good time by being a jerk. Take a ride on my turd rainbow!
Edit: I should read threads

And a general thing I've noticed: physical copies are about the same, if not more(!) than the eShop version. So goes the topsy-turvy world of the Nintendo 3DS...

Mr_D fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 27, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/TwoTribesGames/status/427585813195792385

Two Tribes dude hinting at some sort of upcoming Wii U indie sale/event this week, which I imagine is probably tied to a Nintendo Direct.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of January 31):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Wii Fit U - €34.99 / £29.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Super Indie Connection Sale (Wii U eShop) - buy/own any one of the following games, get the others for 60% off from January 30-February 13
  • BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - €4.79 / £3.99
  • Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - €5.99 / £5.19
  • Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition - €3.99 / £3.59
  • Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party - €2.79 / £2.39
  • Toki Tori 2+ - €5.99 / £5.19
    Trine 2: Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - €6.79 / £5.49 until January 30
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 1
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) - €35.99 / £29.99 from January 30-February 1

3DS eSHOP
    Brilliant Hamster - €9.99 / £9.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Boulder Dash XL-3D (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 until January 30
    Alien Chaos 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until January 30
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) - €26.99 / £23.99 from January 30-February 1
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until February 6
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.19 until February 6
    MYST (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until January 31
    Dress To Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until February 6
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubble (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until February 6

I imagine anyone with a Wii U has at least one of those indie games, so now you have an incentive to try the others, I suppose. They're all good games, even Spin The Bottle.

Also, a reminder that the Wii Fit U trial promotion ends on January 31, so if you were ever planning to try it out you'd better get cracking.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 27, 2014

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Didn't Lost Levels come out on the EU/AUS WiiU eShop last week?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yes, I forgot to delete it when I cut/pasted the template.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yes, I forgot to delete it when I cut/pasted the template.
drat, I was hoping that something else would be taking its place. :sigh:

e: (Although between the 3DS and now the WiiU, I already have too many VC games to play)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
A particularly empty release schedule usually indicates they're gonna spring something on us via Nintendo Direct, so there's still hope.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

irlZaphod posted:

drat, I was hoping that something else would be taking its place. :sigh:

e: (Although between the 3DS and now the WiiU, I already have too many VC games to play)

Honestly it's about drat time it came out. The Wii/3DS/(and now) Wii U VC is the only unaltered release outside the original FDS game and it's ridiculous that it took them almost a year and a half to "port" it from the Wii VC. I wanted to play it on a stationary console in the original difficulty and didn't want to buy anything on the Wii VC because gently caress that noise.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
"Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party - €2.79 / £2.39"

I can't stress enough that you all need this game if you have at least two friends.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

"Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party - €2.79 / £2.39"

I can't stress enough that you all need this game if you have at least two friends.

Yes. And it's about to get 6 new games. Buy Bumpie's Party.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh yeah, I don't think I mentioned that... Spin The Bottle is getting an update on the 13th that'll add a bunch of new camera-based games, and it'll also be getting a price hike on the same day, so if you're at all interested in the game you should probably get it while it's on sale.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

A particularly empty release schedule usually indicates they're gonna spring something on us via Nintendo Direct, so there's still hope.

Do you reckon we'll get a Direct this week?
So far we've consistently been getting one every month and we haven't had one in January yet.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dunban posted:

Do you reckon we'll get a Direct this week?
So far we've consistently been getting one every month and we haven't had one in January yet.

I think South Korea got one this month but I don't know what it was about

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Help Im Alive posted:

Monster Hunter

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Ma, I really hope Monster Hunter goes on sale in NA, too. Any word or speculation?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Help Im Alive posted:

True, but I was talking about the rest of the world. South Korea has been getting Directs sort of irregularly, whereas "we" get them every month.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

e: nvm misread

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Ma, I really hope Monster Hunter goes on sale in NA, too. Any word or speculation?

Next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNzKp3r_Et0

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If you don't have it, MH3u will be on sale for the next few days. I might rebuy it, gently caress, it's only $20 til the 3rd for NA, starts Friday for EU til the 6th.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

bushisms.txt posted:

If you don't have it, MH3u will be on sale for the next few days. I might rebuy it, gently caress, it's only $20 til the 3rd for NA, starts Friday for EU til the 6th.

What will that actually cost in the UK then, and is it worth it? I've never played a MH game before and I can't tell the difference between the 17 different versions of Monster Hunter 3 over 40 different consoles. Or whatever.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

What will that actually cost in the UK then, and is it worth it? I've never played a MH game before and I can't tell the difference between the 17 different versions of Monster Hunter 3 over 40 different consoles. Or whatever.

It's £40 on the 3DS and Wii U eShop, so 40% off would make that £24. In my opinion if you wanted a copy of this game you should go for the Wii U version.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

When they slap the Ultimate onto the game's title, that's the version you get. And yeah, if you're gonna get MH3U you should get the Wii U version if you can.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

deadwing posted:

Yes. And it's about to get 6 new games. Buy Bumpie's Party.

Can anyone explain to me what the hell it is/why it's fun? All the trailers for it just make me feel... uncomfortable.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

StevenM posted:

It's £40 on the 3DS and Wii U eShop, so 40% off would make that £24. In my opinion if you wanted a copy of this game you should go for the Wii U version.

Americans get it for $20 and we get it for £24? gently caress that :psyduck: Thanks for the help though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
:negative:

I was gonna get Rune Factory 4 this month, but that Monster Hunter offer is super tempting. Is it worth it on the 3DS? I feel like the screen might be cramped for some of those huge, gently caress-off boss fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

The T posted:

Can anyone explain to me what the hell it is/why it's fun? All the trailers for it just make me feel... uncomfortable.
Haha. I've been on the fence about the game too. I know there are some minigames that require you to put your controllers on the floor, and I'm the kind of weird germophobe that gets antsy about that sort of thing (same reason I haven't jumped on Sports Club Golf yet).