Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Time for a Lester classic

WOMEN WEAR PANTS

I... this seems to AGC itself? I can't think of how you're supposed to interpret this in Lesterworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sir Rolo posted:

Three entire panels of near coherence! That's a new record!

Often extreme republican voters are every one of those. An Accurate Cartoon.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

euphronius posted:

Muir has had some type off stroke. I'm sure of it.

If I could just have constant minor strokes and confuse them all for epiphanies and ecstatic flashes of brilliance, I'd take it. poo poo. I just want these guys to be happy. Like, I hope Muir finds a woman. I hope she's a horrible racist and an extremely unpleasant person, and that she beats him when he forgets to do the dishes. But I hope they're somehow happy and also that they never leave the house.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Seeing that angry letter to Bennett makes me happy because it reminded me that conservatives LOSE THEIR poo poo about liberal cartoons way more than we do. We see something like one of those Mike Lester cartoons, say "gently caress you Mike Lester" and go to drink our whiskey sours. A conservative sees a cartoon they don't like, and it's angry letters with clippings from the paper that are altered to AGC it, there's Fox News segments (they got angry about a Toles cartoon!) and official responses from politicians (Rick Perry and Ohman's BOOM! cartoon.) I think the most left-wing reaction to a conservative cartoon in recent memory was when #GotBrokenCodom became a thing on Twitter for a couple of days. And I guess you could count DailyKos dumping Ted Rall too.
Right, we never get angry about a cartoon, and we wouldn't definitely wouldn't consider sending the cartoonist hate mail. Furthermore, we don't take cartoons we hate and spend time altering them to-

oh

Oh god no :ohdear:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

OBAMAAA!! :argh:

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Lycus posted:

Freedom Pie. You can eat it with your Freedom Fries.

Quiche and fries legit sounds tasty.

Maybe a spinach quiche, because that would make the meal healthy. Right?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Sir Rolo posted:

I... this seems to AGC itself? I can't think of how you're supposed to interpret this in Lesterworld.

Everything in there is good except Madonna/Britney and reality T.V., clearly a path is being laid down on which this country can carry morality. AGC

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sir Rolo posted:

I feel like Muir is really trying to qualify this with "elected democratic representatives" because he knows general conservative media like Beck or Savage couldn't pass that test.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

I'm sorry, I just can't take this president seriously without a goatee and a hook hand.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If someone like Asay had used "WOMEN WEAR PANTS" like that, it would be funny, but knowing that the guy was once arrested for domestic violence makes it disturbing.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

What exactly is this supposed to represent? A terrible nail in the coffin joke? Building a bridge? Is the joke that the bridge is unstable? Because, if it's made up of boards with Conservative talking points and it still can support two fully-grown men, that's pretty loving impressive.

And I seriously can't wait until the Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial comics. :allears:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Rhinoceraptor posted:

WOMEN WEAR PANTS

Lester is approaching Kelly levels of :argh: about everything he hates.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Fill in the blank with something else and this easily becomes AGC by flipping it so that the guy we're supposed to relate to, becomes awkward and ignorant. (I mean he was already, but you get the idea).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

agarjogger posted:

If I could just have constant minor strokes and confuse them all for epiphanies and ecstatic flashes of brilliance, I'd take it. poo poo. I just want these guys to be happy. Like, I hope Muir finds a woman. I hope she's a horrible racist and an extremely unpleasant person, and that she beats him when he forgets to do the dishes. But I hope they're somehow happy and also that they never leave the house.

Can you imagine how boring DbD would be of Muir got laid.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

itskage posted:

Fill in the blank with something else and this easily becomes AGC by flipping it so that the guy we're supposed to relate to, becomes awkward and ignorant. (I mean he was already, but you get the idea).
I'm just seeing a guy desperately trying to suppress his attraction.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Rorus Raz posted:

Right, we never get angry about a cartoon, and we wouldn't definitely wouldn't consider sending the cartoonist hate mail. Furthermore, we don't take cartoons we hate and spend time altering them to-

oh

Oh god no :ohdear:

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

*Cuts veteran's pensions and VA funding*

agarjogger
May 16, 2011
No, you're hurting vets by helping them in any way. To give a homeless vet an appendectomy for free is to deprive him of human dignity.

Oh my god this poo poo sounds dumber every time I try to make it up and type it.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
First actual edit. Been wanting to do one of these for a while.

:effort:

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 4, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

On the bright side, Ramirez has spared us his terrible Boehner caricature.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lester is a grade school bully. His version of humor will never evolve beyond stomping on a person's glasses while staring them in the eyes.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

itskage posted:

"My one regret is that I have boneitist"

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Sir Rolo posted:

The folly of becoming a master is that we lose perspective. Do not forget that to break stone with a bare fist is not a typical feat; nor read total babble as coherent because of your ability to decipher it effortlessly. Seriously, he's trying to make some kind of blowjob reference about the self-insert being in his fantasy neighbor's mouth.

I like this one so much but there is not much narrative without a third element.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Seeing that angry letter to Bennett makes me happy because it reminded me that conservatives LOSE THEIR poo poo about liberal cartoons way more than we do. We see something like one of those Mike Lester cartoons, say "gently caress you Mike Lester" and go to drink our whiskey sours. A conservative sees a cartoon they don't like, and it's angry letters with clippings from the paper that are altered to AGC it, there's Fox News segments (they got angry about a Toles cartoon!) and official responses from politicians (Rick Perry and Ohman's BOOM! cartoon.) I think the most left-wing reaction to a conservative cartoon in recent memory was when #GotBrokenCodom became a thing on Twitter for a couple of days. And I guess you could count DailyKos dumping Ted Rall too.

They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
All the goddamn time we have conservatives calling Obama all kinds of things literally including saying he's the Antichrist. People do sometimes go too far in painting all conservatives with the same brush (and here I am admitting it, something I'm pretty sure Muir would never, ever do in the reverse), but there sure as hell are a lot of racists, sexists, and homophobes in the conservative movement, and there legitimately are right-wingers who are openly (if not very convincingly) clamoring to overthrow the government.

I know "Obama needs to stop blaming Bush!" has been an Official Republican Talking Point for a while, but it genuinely is hard to overstate how much things got hosed up during the Bush years. It's a telling sign of just how bad it was that even hardcore conservatives are quibbling that liberals are blaming Bush too much rather than objecting to blaming him at all.

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Mike Lester: Can't stop looking at men dressed as women?

edit: he seems to be under the impression that we all have that problem.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011
I am afraid of myself.

I am afraid of women.

I am afraid of women.

(Feminazi stole my ice cream)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess his argument is that it's the men dressed as women's fault that he can't stop looking at them? Gee, where have I heard that before...

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Ugh it's all the fault of this sexy crossdresser that I keep thinking about man sex!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rhinoceraptor posted:

WOMEN WEAR PANTS

Just what the gently caress is wrong with quiche? :colbert: It's pretty much the dinner version of pie!

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012
Have some Sallesino:

This one is tittled "How you see your country":

In your country

Outside your country

Bigger than the Beatles

Superbowl:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rhinoceraptor posted:

WOMEN WEAR PANTS

Morality itself ended when the King died.

Or is he saying that Morality could only begin once Elvis died?

GorfZaplen fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 4, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Is that... is that a MLP reference?

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012
I guess, bronies aren't that big in México so he's probably just referencing the fact that the Broncos played so bad they're like Little Ponies.

e. poo poo, wrong team.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

DoctorPresident posted:

I guess, bronies aren't that big in México so he's probably just referencing the fact that the Broncos played so bad they're like Little Ponies.

e. poo poo, wrong team.

No, the Broncos lost the Superbowl. Embarrassingly so.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

...maybe this is going too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

Kalos posted:

No, the Broncos lost the Superbowl. Embarrassingly so.

Yeah, I know. I absentmindedly typed Colts instead of Broncos.

• Locked thread