Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

We got ourselves a regular ol' NW line battle in 10 minutes. Celebrate the year of the horse by possibly getting killed by one.

EDIT: We're light infantry. We almost certainly will be killed by horses. Happy new year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Yes we got Light Infantry. We could do with a few more goons in the Mumble as we're starting in a few minutes.

Also, more footage of hot ship on ship action with another Alpha video of Blackwake!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

SeanBeansShako posted:

EDIT: Oh, and have this template from a Hark A Vagrant comic for simulating the usual draGoon line/draGoon Officer/general pubbie relations in comedy webcomic template form.

[LLJK]Pants: Scrubs all around us gents.
[LLJK]Pants: We must CHARGE them.
nurdbot/seanbeans: Dude, Pants, shut the gently caress up.
[LLJK]Pants: I will lead us to glory.
nurdbot: You're not even officer this round. You keep picking whoever you think has the best hat and ramboing.
[LLJK]Pants: It's a valid strategy.
nurdbot: Right, nobody listen to Pants, line up on me and
[LLJK]Pants: TO VICTORY
Dragoon: OMG I went with Pants and died
nurdbot: I'm so surprised.
Dragoon: The enemy arty is murdering everyone by the way, maybe someone still alive should kill them.

(almost every battle ever)

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 1, 2014

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Today we actually had some success using light infantry as a hammer (well one of those rubber squeaky ones) in a hammer-and-anvil. It's just like the Total War games.

If anything I think we don't charge enough. :v: Lately "get shot in the back" has replaced "charge like a dumbass."

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Suspect Bucket posted:

SeanBeans: Dude, Pants, shut the gently caress up.
SeanBean: You're not even officer this round. You keep picking whoever you think has the best hat and ramboing.
SeanBeans: Right, nobody listen to Pants, line up on me and
SeanBeans: I'm so surprised.
Dragoon: The enemy arty is murdering everyone by the way, maybe someone still alive should kill them.

You're missing a stray cannonball hitting nurdbot (and only nurdbot) half of the half through the comic.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got our Friday American NW line battle happening in around 40 minutes from this post. It is the one which fills up rapidly so remember not be late and get into the Mumble channel early!

So uh about that line battle. Apparently the videos of the snow map where we actually kicked rear end have a slight issue when being converted. That issue being of course being that the sound is two-three minutes ahead from the footage. I'm trying to fix it but hey have part 1 and part 2 right now!

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
Line battle in 20.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
DraGoons ABCs of Death

Today's letter is M for Musket Cock.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Line battle in an hour according to the schedule nerds.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We've got our EU Blood And Iron event tonight in forty minutes time we'll be playing as the 2nd French Empire!

Also, currently uploading a few rounds of last nights American line battle. Here is Part 1 of the first round! oh and now Part 2 of that round also!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 1, 2014

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Event: Blood and Iron Line battle
Time: 8:00 GMT AKA in 10 minutes

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

For some reason, possibly due to the fact it is still pretty beta half of the footage I've taken since Friday with Shadow Play seems to de-sync and vanish halfway through the recorded footage of the videos.

I'm halting recording for now as I am not sure how to fix this weird rear end issue with about an hour of goon LB footage. I'm considering maybe looking into a different form of recording if a solution isn't fixed.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

So here's a video of how to shoot a Brown Bess, complete with dude who sounds like an older Nurdbot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho-QCmnNMl8

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

SeanBeansShako posted:

For some reason, possibly due to the fact it is still pretty beta half of the footage I've taken since Friday with Shadow Play seems to de-sync and vanish halfway through the recorded footage of the videos.

I'm halting recording for now as I am not sure how to fix this weird rear end issue with about an hour of goon LB footage. I'm considering maybe looking into a different form of recording if a solution isn't fixed.

So you're saying that the only existing video footage that proves that I'm not a drunken gently caress-up of an officer is unusable? I was so proud of that moment.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Boogoose posted:

So you're saying that the only existing video footage that proves that I'm not a drunken gently caress-up of an officer is unusable? I was so proud of that moment.

Oh it exists yeah. Chances are though you won't hear who is doing what properly or at all. Without the mic there is confusion.

There is a B&I event later tonight for any Americans not interested in the Super Bowl and night owl Europeans!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Sadly the B&I event is called off tonight because some guys playing some sport on some television set is at the same time... So we'll have to wait until tomorrow to shoot dudes

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yep, the guys behind the American B&I Event called it off due to the Super Bowl.

I've put up the coming weeks events in the STEAM group though!

Comfort yourself watching the recently uploaded Blood And Iron antics from the other night!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yep, the guys behind the American B&I Event called it off due to the Super Bowl.

I've put up the coming weeks events in the STEAM group though!

Comfort yourself watching the recently uploaded Blood And Iron antics from the other night!

So uh, the artillery train that popped through the wall next to you seconds before you died sure was something...

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I didn't notice that as I desperately trying to remember how moving from corners worked...

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The Monday EU line battle thing we do is starting in around 15 minutes time. See you goons in the Mumble ASAP!

Muchoman
Mar 27, 2010
Monday EU line battle starting in less then 10mins, Joing mumble now and make Nurdbot happy :-D

Hazzard
Mar 16, 2013
Since nobody reads the main Warband thread, anyone interested in playing as Swedish Cavalry for the Deluge mod for regular Warband?
It's early 1600s European warfare, so 30 years and 80 years wars.
Download: http://thedeluge.net/files/The_Deluge_0.552_WB_Install.zip
Main forum for it: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,274.0.html

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I think that event may interfere with our Saturday B&I event.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind trying it at least once.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

:siren: :siren: AMERICAN NW LINE BATTLE IN 40 MINUTES TIME! DON'T BE LATE THIS ONE LOOKS LIKE A BIG ONE! :siren: :siren:

Seriously guys, don't be late and all.

And yeah, at some point we'll try that Deluge thing. I want to give the Official B&I event a few more weeks to get more stable population wise then we can experiment with it for a week or two.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Nurdboat has the deets get in mumble ASAP.

Event is filling up fast!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

He's not kidding. There is already like 80 dudes in that server and it isn't even 30 minutes yet. I'll be trying to get goons in 10 minutes before it begins because I have a feeling if you arrive last minute it is going to end up as a lock out.

Get into the Mumble channel ASAP.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

Yuss the re-proliferation and et cetera.

Suspect Bucket posted:

nurdbot/seanbeans: Dude, Pants, shut the gently caress up.
nurdbot: You're not even officer this round. You keep picking whoever you think has the best hat and ramboing.
nurdbot: Right, nobody listen to Pants, line up on me and
nurdbot: I'm so surprised.

Sorry, I'll lay off for a while.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

There's not a single person in the regiment who would actually tell Pants to shut up.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Pantaloons L'Fragrant posted:

As penance, we demand more goons.txt

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant posted:

Personally, I take this more as a jab against Nurdbot for even daring to sass anyone's leading.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I only sass when we're staring at certain death and a twenty minute wait in the face. I'd never cuss at Pants seriously though.

We got the EU Siege event in around 40 minutes time. Start to show up in the Mumble if you can come to the rumble.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
15 minutes until glorious battle! :getin:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Said glorious battle was 30 minutes. Talked with 15th's leader. That map is going to get some extensive tweaking including moving the pontoon bridges slightly and some other stuff.

Hilariously, the 90th rage quit because they thought we were using Musketoons with all our canister kills. Long range Musketoons.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Haha, what a bunch of babies.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

SeanBeansShako posted:

Hilariously, the 90th rage quit because they thought we were using Musketoons with all our canister kills. Long range Musketoons.

Our greatest triumph.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Really? That was why? I thought it was the glitched undiggable dirt mounds clogging up the entrances :v:

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!

Gimnbo posted:

There's not a single person in the regiment who would actually tell Pants to shut up.

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'd never cuss at Pants seriously though.

I would. Goddammit, Pants, shut up. There are enemy birds to be shot and you keep talking over me when I point them out.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Telling Pants to shut up is going to be the new in-thing. It's very In Vogue now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

SeanBeansShako posted:

So they failed to hear/see the cannons firing at them from the massive fortress they were charging? :ughh:

• Locked thread