Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Reminder - this is already the most expensive Olympics ever at $51 BILLION :ussr:

Welcome comrade (the reception area has no floor)

Enjoy our hospitable rooms

Our premier washrooms

Fresh water is always available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

piss

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
When does it start, I love the winter olympics

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was one of the dudes in charge of setting up the Sochi Olympics and let me tell you, I bought a really freaking sweet black BMW with the scratch I made.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

actionjackson posted:

Reminder - this is already the most expensive Olympics ever at $51 BILLION :ussr:

Enjoy our hospitable rooms

Fresh water is always available

If you told me these pictures were taken in this building, I would not be surprised...

(obviously they weren't)

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I like learning about modern Russia because it's pretty much what America will be if libertarians ever gain full control

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it's pretty normal to not flush the toilet paper in other countries

everything else is wtf

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eagerly waiting the completion and, around 5 years after the olympics, subsequent decay of all the buildings

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
On The Colin Cowheard show this morning one of the reporters was saying that most motel rooms have no heating, and water that is labeled as dangerous if it touches your skin, let alone drink. Also people are reporting their rooms are being broken into.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
somewhere there's a fat sweaty russian with a scrooge mcduck pool filled with champagne and olympics money

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Pick posted:

everything else is wtf

for real? that's gross, I wouldn't want lovely toilet paper stinking up the place

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
at least put out poo poo paper cans with lids on them

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
i'm gonna distribute small diaper genies throughout russia and be their new god

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Pick posted:

everything else is wtf

I've never got this. So, you wipe your rear end then throw it in the trash? On top of the last dude's lovely TP?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pick posted:

everything else is wtf

It's only normal if you're in a country with lovely plumbing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

the toronto star had an article saying how each hotel had a metal detector. of course there were no guards anywhere nearby to stop people if they set it off

russia is serious about safety

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
My updated predictions for this Olympics is an over/under for terrorist attacks at 3, deaths at an over/under of 25, and Russia is made a laughingstock of the entire world. Even China laughs.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

the toronto star had an article saying how each hotel had a metal detector. of course there were no guards anywhere nearby to stop people if they set it off

why wouldn't you just have a metal detector at the main entrance and one dude to check

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.
Russia is just getting us prepared for the eventuality of all these sporting events taking place in third world poo poo holes.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It works on the honor system

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Yaldabaoth posted:

I like learning about modern Russia because it's pretty much what America will be if libertarians ever gain full control

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp
I lust for Olympic carnage. inshallah

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Isnt there a somewhat serious threat of attack? Heard on the radio awhile back that some group or other made threats and had the capacity to follow through

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

NoneSuch posted:

why wouldn't you just have a metal detector at the main entrance and one dude to check

Because it's a cargo cult security system, not an actual security system.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

these olympics are going to make me feel extremely :patriot:

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

redshirt posted:

My updated predictions for this Olympics is an over/under for terrorist attacks at 3, deaths at an over/under of 25, and Russia is made a laughingstock of the entire world. Even China laughs.

does the guy who died already bearing the olympic torch count

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...el-experiences/

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
There isn't any snow in Sochi this year. This isn't unusual though, it rarely snows in Sochi.

They should have the winter Olympics in places where it snows.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

really it should just be anywhere else other than racist homophobic poo poo hole russia

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arian_Samurai posted:

They should have the winter Olympics in places where it snows.

Check your white [christmas] privilege.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006
looking to lots of first hand accounts of how horribly lovely the country is, because russia tries to make it not seem lovely but it is prob pretty lovely

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

the chinese at least knew what the olympics actually are.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

What about deaths from Russian police opening fire and/or gassing crowds to contain the terrorist attack?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

NoneSuch posted:

really it should just be anywhere else other than racist homophobic poo poo hole russia

I hear the next World Cup after Brazil (lol) is going to be in Qatar

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Blast of Confetti posted:

Isnt there a somewhat serious threat of attack? Heard on the radio awhile back that some group or other made threats and had the capacity to follow through

sure is!

sweet dreams olympic teams

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
yes the world cup and olympics are both held in shitholes because of corruption but what can you do *drinks piss*

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cthulu Carl posted:

What about deaths from Russian police opening fire and/or gassing crowds to contain the terrorist attack?

If there is an attack obviously 1:1. If there's no attack I'd say 1:2 so it's anybody's guess, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

The Droid posted:

I hear the next World Cup after Brazil (lol) is going to be in Qatar

dont worry its gonna be air conditioned or played during the normal football leagues so it wont be disruptive or poorly run

• Locked thread