Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Agrajag posted:

Russian tactical plastic bag.

Are they wearing tracksuits under those jackets? Those are totally track pants they're wearing.

What is it with russians and wearing tracksuits?

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis#Chemical_attack

I'd be more afraid of those guys than any terrorist attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Agrajag posted:

Russian tactical plastic bag.

In some Eastern Block countries plastic bags are legit status symbols. I think it was in Romania that I saw practically every other person on the street carrying plastic bags with Hugo Boss and similar boutique logos. I had to wonder if somebody was making a living printing and selling these giant quantities of crappy shopping bags.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
I can't believe I haven't seen this video posted in this thread already..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59qzY_8XbM

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

ZombieReagan posted:

those are clearly tactical track suits, they are black

Tracktical Suit, protects from small to medium dog biting

heavy tracktical suit is cost more, protect from all dog

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Fat Ogre posted:

I worked at a computer hardware manufacturing company in the late 90s early 2000s and they had stories about trying to get their stuff on the shelf in Europe. Most of them were tame like different voltages for plugging in things or marketing on the box could be racist in one country and totally acceptable in another. But nothing tops Russia.

They didn't understand you had to bribe the local Russian mafia to get your hardware offloaded and bribe the cops to keep it from getting stolen. They were told a couple times you need to bribe to get your stuff on the shelves. And the higher ups were like, "Pffff they can't be serious. No way is that place this corrupt."

They went through 2 guys getting murdered before figuring it out and adjusting the budget to add in bribe amounts.

It was literally tracked by the accountants under the heading "Russian Bribes".

A box containing a plastic pipe flange of ours was "detained" at russian customs and they said we needed to pay an customs fee (read: bribe) to get it back. Since then the only stuff we ship to russia is the stuff that our agents have paid for since they'll have already footed the bribes for it.

India is almost as bad but not quite.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

demonachizer posted:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/heightened-security-amid-terror-threat-at-sochi-9111296.html

I think everyone needs to stop worrying. Boston, London, New York and Washington have never been hit by terror.

I can't believe that he picked those locations at random.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

ZombieReagan posted:

that was the hilarious part of the "greek yogurt" thing from yesterday, obviously they were missing the part where they just needed to pay off someone in russia to get the poo poo over there.

When I heard about that, I knew immediately someone balked at paying a bribe somewhere along the line. Like the Russians really give a poo poo about yogurt safety.

See Yellow water, packs of wild dogs, tarp roof etc etc.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ZombieReagan posted:

that was the hilarious part of the "greek yogurt" thing from yesterday, obviously they were missing the part where they just needed to pay off someone in russia to get the poo poo over there.

Did I miss something? What "greek yogurt" are you talking about?

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

I wonder if this is something they do in Sochi. Like Lemonade Enemas. And we are the people just being weird.

Comrade, throat ulcers from too much wodka make drinking difficult. Put wodka in anus and cut out middle man!

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Agrajag posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/06/nyregion/russia-blocking-a-yogurt-shipment-from-reaching-us-olympians.html?_r=0

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Are they wearing tracksuits under those jackets? Those are totally track pants they're wearing.

What is it with russians and wearing tracksuits?

Bro, seriously? Seriously, is comfy, bro.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

jogging bottoms are great

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

A diplomatic row over greek yogurt. This is like a skit out of some Mad TV episode.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
Is Russia the free market paradise that Ron Paul has been fighting for all along?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Fat Ogre posted:

Comrade, throat ulcers from too much wodka make drinking difficult. Put wodka in anus and cut out middle man!

Not good comrade, causes alcohol poisoning much too quickly!

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Agrajag posted:

A diplomatic crises over greek yogurt. This is like a skit out of some Mad TV episode.

It is seriously the dumbest poo poo to get pissy over.

We traded one cold war for another one!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Get your draft cards ready boys the Chobani wars are upon us.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

BrainMeats posted:

Is Russia the free market paradise that Ron Paul has been fighting for all along?

yes

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

vyst posted:

First they came for the yogurt and we said nothing...

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Mimetastic posted:

leaked picture of plans for the opening ceremony

LOL

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Fat Ogre posted:

I wonder if this is something they do in Sochi. Like Lemonade Enemas. And we are the people just being weird.

Makes sense, since they can't really use the water. Or maybe it's just a really passive-aggressive response to all the international criticism of Russian homophobia.

"Foreign homo put everything in rear end in a top hat, da? Is no problem, Russia very tolerant."

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZombieReagan posted:

Some uptight American went "a b-b-bribe, well that's ILLEGAL!!" and just froze...not understanding that it's just the way poo poo works over there.

yea who doesnt get a kick out of paying some drunk sack of poo poo just because you're trapped in the hairy armpit of the world

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

vyst posted:

The Peach Brigade launched an attack, but our boys in blueberry were victorious in pushing them back! Thanks to our boys, countless cultures were saved!

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
I wonder if the F1 billionaires are reading about this, and asking "Are we really going to have a race there in October?"

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Steelpudding posted:

I can't believe I haven't seen this video posted in this thread already..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59qzY_8XbM

Me neither if true. Somehow I kinda thought everyone had seen Putin's Games by now. Anybody who hasn't, just watch it.

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010

Agrajag posted:

Greek yogurt in the rear end.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

ZombieReagan posted:

that it's just the way poo poo works over there.

Does it really, though?

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

kierrie posted:

Greek yogurt in the rear end.

I see you've been to Sochi before!

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I wonder if "Lemonade in the rear end." is supposed to be "Lemonade in the glass".

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

vyst posted:

*smokes cigar*

yeah, i fought in the Gurt war

let me tell you something: until you've seen a man go down, screamin, cryin for his mama, and you've tried to hold bandage his wound but you can't tell what's blood and what's cherry filling, you ain't been in hell

you ain't been where i been

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

some of these reactions are extremely condescending judgments coming from first-world journalists

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Glorious Russia is first world country, da?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Germstore posted:

Glorious Russia is first world country, da?

Wodka!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Fallom posted:

some of these reactions are extremely condescending judgments coming from first-world journalists

ha

decadent american journalists, they do not understand sochi

they want wall? they have tarp. they want heat? body heat of chechens in wall is heat. they want food? they catch dog with tarp and eat.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Fallom posted:

I think it's fair to say they were slightly mislead on the amenities

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Dauntasa posted:

*smokes cigar*

yeah, i fought in the Gurt war

let me tell you something: until you've seen a man go down, screamin, cryin for his mama, and you've tried to hold bandage his wound but you can't tell what's blood and what's cherry filling, you ain't been in hell

you ain't been where i been

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack toopers on fire off the shoulder of Ukraine. I watched Skiiers glitter in the dark near the Tarpaulin Gates. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like an indeterminate amount of semen... in... Yogurt. Time... to die... *drinks piss coloured tap water*

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fallom posted:

How dare they expect rooms to have ceilings, and not tarps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Maybe if those journalists had been paying attention instead of typing whinging tirades on twitter they might've been able to stop that pack of dogs from making off with the lobby of their hotel

• Locked thread