Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Fodder Cannon posted:

Holy poo poo this Russian girl

That was nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
jesus russia

VirtualBalboa
Dec 25, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

A 'surprising' amount of wind on this tropic beach they built the hill on is giving them some problems.

Apparently the "wind nets" are not doing much to help.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

This commentary is so awful. I'm pretty sure they've said every skater "wants it the most."

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

zakharov posted:

That was nuts

Figure skating is probably my least favourite event to watch, but Jesus I had to stop what I was doing and take that all in.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
r.i.p. japan

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

VirtualBalboa posted:

Apparently the "wind nets" are not doing much to help.

If only they had wind tarps

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Saw some Asian girl fall over just as I started the Figure Skating stream, that means I've seen the best part right?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Brutal.roadrunner posted:

Russian girl made of same material as bathroom door, very flexible.

Also breaks down quickly

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Croccers posted:

Saw some Asian girl fall over just as I started the Figure Skating stream, that means I've seen the best part right?

She was attempting a triple axel which no other female skater is trying to do because...they can't do it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Holy gently caress that Russian girl. Holy gently caress. She has no inner ear.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

So, wait, who's bright idea was it to broadcast the loving Premiere League on NBC instead of, say, the goddamned Olympics?

"Team USA? That's not what Joe Public wants! He wants loving Liverpool or whoever the gently caress these Limey bastards are."

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgMnHZHkUB8

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
NBC is showing live figure skating right now. You are on the wrong channel.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

It's on NBC Sports Network dude

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Has NBC tried opening a Kickstarter to make have live ad-free Olympics coverage? Is NBC allowed the kickstart?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Level Slide posted:

Has NBC tried opening a Kickstarter to make have live ad-free Olympics coverage? Is NBC allowed the kickstart?

They're allowed to kickstart you in the heart with endless fluff pieces.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I want to see the skaters fall

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Fall right on their butts

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Agrajag posted:

They're allowed to kickstart you in the heart with endless fluff pieces.

Kickstart me in the heart, like a kick... heart?

But wrestling isn't a winter sport (outside of Russia).

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WebDog posted:

Speaking of mascots, Australia produced the unofficial Fatso the fat-arsed wombat.

"the battlers' prince"

The statue was to commemorate the volunteers who worked at the event. Someone pinched it a few years ago.

Fatso was created by the team behind The Dream a late night satire on the Olympics that gleefully shredded events with adding music and absurd commentary.
He was a piss-take on the official Sydney mascots and ended up becoming more popular than them.

It caused a small PR disaster when the Australian Olympic Committee attempted to ban a Fatso stuffed toy from appearing in the arms of medal winning athletes (subsequently appearing on a commemorative stamp) as they'd spent $15 million buying the rights of the boxing kangaroo and promoting the death out of the official mascots that were dubbed "Olly, Millie, and Dickhead" by the show.

You can see they were pretty bloody unremarkable.

The Dream was also really popular with the athletes since getting interviewed would get you a weird prize gift, which were seen as one of a kind collector items.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

zakharov posted:

It's on NBC Sports Network dude

Except I don't get their lovely sports network, and my internet is so lovely if I stream it, I can't do anything else.

And seriously, does the US really have THAT much of an investment in loving British soccer?

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
What's with the tracks in this race? Do they have to stay in the tracks? How do they pass? God why are the winter olympics so weird

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I love you.

I love you so god drat much.

:love:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

this taipei dude is not good at luge

these commentators said it's an improvement that he finished

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Vertical Lime posted:

this taipei dude is not good at luge

these commentators said it's an improvement that he finished

Where is luge

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
The best thing about the door is that it is a simple everyday kind of problem bound to happen with construction on the scale of the Olympic Village but the overall narrative is that the Olympics are a disaster so a minor problem like this gets amplified by social media.

And just for reference this is Johnny Quinn:

:swoon:

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
is there a livestream anywhere for folks without tv?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Three Olives posted:

The best thing about the door is that it is a simple everyday kind of problem bound to happen with construction on the scale of the Olympic Village but the overall narrative is that the Olympics are a disaster so a minor problem like this gets amplified by social media.

I think the Sochi Olympics are whole another level of hilarious stupidity seeing how the costs ballooned to 50 billion dollars and also how it exposes the worst systematic flaws in the Russian Federation.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Level Slide posted:

NBC wouldn't be interested in such a thing, when they can have a teary Bob Costas tell you an hour-long story about a girl with a monkey heart and her dream to compete in the Olympics.

Their coverage is a disgrace.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it's over, i had a link on the last page

there's one more event today and an american is favored to repeat

http://www.vipboxus.co/winter-sports/206825/1/bbc2-:-winter-olympics-sochi-2014-live-stream-online.html

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

This dude put his phone number on his snowboarding helmet and his phone blew up with all the naked pics girls were sending him.

Being an Olympian must be nice.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Speaking of Bob Costas, can someone repost that vine of the dude saying Pussy Riot? I was on my phone when I saw the post, but it got buried under more pages when I got back to a real computer.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
I can't figure out if "liveextra" on the nbcolympics site is actually live or replaying from overnight. They just showed the skiathalon finish for women? Well, whatever. What a crazy event. Racing uphill :o

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

zakharov posted:

This dude put his phone number on his snowboarding helmet and his phone blew up with all the naked pics girls were sending him.

Being an Olympian must be nice.

The close proximity of the dorms also means it has lots of college-esque bumping uglies and wild partying too after each day of competition too

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Three Olives posted:

And just for reference this is Johnny Quinn:

:swoon:

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Level Slide posted:

Speaking of Bob Costas, can someone repost that vine of the dude saying Pussy Riot? I was on my phone when I saw the post, but it got buried under more pages when I got back to a real computer.

https://vine.co/v/MaPBnZlZ3g7

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Neither of those is a big bag of condoms

voted 1/5

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

That was some really pretty skiing from Parks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

A Pale Horse posted:

That was some really pretty skiing from Parks.

Suck it Parks :911:

• Locked thread