Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Agrajag posted:

Take into account the added cost of having one of those being custom made for you. I highly doubt any of the pro biathlon dudes get one right off the shelf.
They'd be cooler if they had underbarrel grenade launchers :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

zakharov posted:

USA dude fails miserably in biathlon, what a shock. You'd think we'd be good at a sport with guns.

Bah, proud USA doesn't do well with lovely little .22 bullets. Give us giant anti-tank guns, and we'll show you how real men win ski-shoot-a-thons

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

The Olympics have always had weird ideas on what sports should be counted. IE: Baseball and Cricket are not Olympic sports, but basketball is.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jaramin posted:

The Olympics have always had weird ideas on what sports should be counted. IE: Baseball and Cricket are not Olympic sports, but basketball is.

They try to focus on amateur sports.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Jaramin posted:

I was about to make a joke about how baseball and cricket are boring as gently caress but I just watched a bunch of dutch people skate around in a circle for an hour sooo i dunno anymore.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

Jaramin posted:

No baseball because it's boring as gently caress and no cricket because the Olympics are only two weeks long.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Agrajag posted:

There should be Olympic disc golf and Olympic lawn darts.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Baseball doesn't get in because MLB won't stop for two weeks to send the pros.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BrainMeats posted:

No baseball because it's boring as gently caress and no cricket because the Olympics are only two weeks long.

Explain American football then mister smarty pants!

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Rexicon1 posted:

Bah, proud USA doesn't do well with lovely little .22 bullets. Give us giant anti-tank guns, and we'll show you how real men win ski-shoot-a-thons

in fairness to the us competitor, the target hardly looks like a black teenager at all

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Agrajag posted:

Like Ping-pong, volleyball, and mountain-biking. ;)

Agrajag posted:

Also an amazing point

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sanky Panky posted:

So we fail to beat the guy who is 40 years old and has all the biathlon medals.

dude owns

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Agrajag posted:

It would be kind of disingenuous to just give the USA all three medals. Canada would come in a close fourth though.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

Agrajag posted:

Apparently they are adding rugby to the summer Olympics. That's basically the same but with less commercial breaks.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

It would be kind of disingenuous to just give the USA all three medals. Canada would come in a close fourth though.

Yeah, I think this is probably the real reason baseball got axed. Apparently the USA, Cuba, and Japan are the only countries that were any good at it consistently.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Didn't they get rid of women's softball in the Summer Games because the US basically destroyed everyone else?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Rexicon1 posted:

Oh, you mean this?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-oversize-rifles/barrett-model-99-single-shot-bolt-action-detail.html?Itemid=0

you irl posted:

in fairness to the us competitor, the target hardly looks like a black teenager at all

:drat:

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 8, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Agrajag posted:

American football is in the Olympics? :confused:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I demand the sport of lacrosse to be in whatever season of Olympics. Unless it is already part of the Olympics.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

you irl posted:

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Agrajag posted:

I demand the sport of lacrosse to be in whatever season of Olympics. Unless it is already part of the Olympics.

why, not enough lesbians in the olympics?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

you irl posted:

why, not enough lesbians in the olympics?

If you don't like watching bitches play lacrosse in g-strings than you got problems bro.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Which sport would you have to be crazier to try: luge, skeleton, or ski jumping?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

zakharov posted:

Which sport would you have to be crazier to try: luge, skeleton, or ski jumping?

Skeleton.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Ski jumping. No contest.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Lacrosse was apparently discontinued in 1908 after the Canadians gave whoever played it a thorough rear end-kicking. Also it appears that Tug-of-War of all things was an Olympic sport 5 times.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

you irl posted:

Jesus Christ :master:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Jaramin posted:

Also it appears that Tug-of-War of all things was an Olympic sport 5 times.

bring it back!

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Agrajag posted:

Skeleton.

Going by google's little icons, skeleton

you irl fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 8, 2014

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

zakharov posted:

Skeleton.

:canada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWgZkUcC9hM :canada:

A Keg fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 8, 2014

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

you irl posted:

:stare:

Vote 5, close thread.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

you irl posted:

Going by google's little icons, skeleton

One of the competitors - skeletoners? skeletonists? - during like the Torino games was doing it while a few months pregnant.

The most :black101: mom.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Pleads posted:

That bobsledder's door honestly was, right? Like, it had the whole corrugated thing going on and was cardboard, that's not how doors look inside, right?

That's how a lot of modern interior doors look. Cardboard is a surprisingly durable material, especially in a rigid structure like a honeycomb, it's why we use it to pack all sorts of expensive poo poo.

Seriously that door is fine, if it were was an exterior door it would be one thing but for a bathroom door it is fine.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

you irl posted:

:sbahj:

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Three Olives posted:

That's how a lot of modern interior doors look. Cardboard is a surprisingly durable material, especially in a rigid structure like a honeycomb, it's why we use it to pack all sorts of expensive poo poo.

Seriously that door is fine, if it were was an exterior door it would be one thing but for a bathroom door it is fine.

Go and peel apart the nearest door and never post again until you've peeled apart your door.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

you irl posted:

New goddamn thread title.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cucktales Blogger posted:

Go and peel apart the nearest door and never post again until you've peeled apart your door.

I hope you noticed that his post was about Keurig, hth.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

Didn't they get rid of women's softball in the Summer Games because the US basically destroyed everyone else?

if it wasn't for certain upsets in 2006 women's hockey might have been gone by now

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Breakdancing is an amateur sport, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Level Slide posted:

Breakdancing is an amateur sport, right?

It's too urban to be dignified.

• Locked thread