Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

KittyEmpress posted:

I hope some of these new people find using my character as a minion as useful as I found all of yours'.

But uh, speaking of which being useful, is there any quick way to get dungeon crystals?

Or how about quick ways for summoning vouchers...?

My team sucks, and people with 15 less levels than me have twice to three times my 'power' rating according to the arena, and I don't know how to fix this.

The easiest way to get Dungeon Crystals is to find the highest level "Gold Bordered" normal dungeon that you can clear with a 3* rating (or one with a reward that you want) and just repeatedly clear it. Other than that, it's just lots and lots of Star Treasure Chests once you get your hands on some money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Shwqa posted:

Then I would say do it. It going to take such a long time to get yourself Allon.

I meant 649 Boosters heh.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Niton posted:

The easiest way to get Dungeon Crystals is to find the highest level "Gold Bordered" normal dungeon that you can clear with a 3* rating (or one with a reward that you want) and just repeatedly clear it. Other than that, it's just lots and lots of Star Treasure Chests once you get your hands on some money.

What a pain in the butt. The rich get richer and all that jazz!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Seems like a decent time waster, I'm in as DaveskiSA. I've added a bunch of you guys already.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I've booted a bunch of pubbies off my friend list to make room for worthy goons and added everyone who gave their name prior to this post who I didn't already have friended.

Going to be interesting to see what this whole guild system brings to the table in a couple weeks, as we definitely have the numbers for one at this point. It also looks like we're gonna need more VIP3+ people to host training rooms when the newbies start hitting 65. (Un)fortunately I also wasted money on this bad game and can provide a training room when the first one overflows.

As a side note: They're running a promotion where your first IAP gets double diamonds. This doubled amount does NOT count towards your VIP level. Only the normal, un-doubled part is applied to your VIP meter. This hosed with my math and I wound up having to drop another three bucks to cross the line, so don't be like me.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I also bought up to VIP3 because I had Google Play giftcards from christmas, so once I hit 65 I can set up a room too.

Edit: and I'm not sure if I have you Val, do you have a vastly different name than on here?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Valatar posted:

I've booted a bunch of pubbies off my friend list to make room for worthy goons and added everyone who gave their name prior to this post who I didn't already have friended.

Going to be interesting to see what this whole guild system brings to the table in a couple weeks, as we definitely have the numbers for one at this point. It also looks like we're gonna need more VIP3+ people to host training rooms when the newbies start hitting 65. (Un)fortunately I also wasted money on this bad game and can provide a training room when the first one overflows.

As a side note: They're running a promotion where your first IAP gets double diamonds. This doubled amount does NOT count towards your VIP level. Only the normal, un-doubled part is applied to your VIP meter. This hosed with my math and I wound up having to drop another three bucks to cross the line, so don't be like me.

I really hope the guild system doesn't require a high VIP to make or a poo poo ton of diamonds.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Shwqa posted:

I really hope the guild system doesn't require a high VIP to make or a poo poo ton of diamonds.

Hahaha, it's going to and you know it. :v:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

KittyEmpress posted:

Edit: and I'm not sure if I have you Val, do you have a vastly different name than on here?

Same name as on here, and I added you a little while ago, check your friend requests. If you don't see me in there, just send me one and I'll add you on my side.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
So, there's some new Event Hall offers up today - the most interesting things are 5 Summon Vouchers @ 180 Courage Gems each (you should do this), and 10 Large Action Potions @ 200,000 Gold each (you should definitely do this, if you can afford it).

Aside from that, there's a couple of events to do a certain # of Dungeons and Elite Dungeons, but none of the rewards are really worth spending consumables for.

Oh, and it's Hanzen day in the Event Tower again. Guess who has two of them? :getin:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Niton posted:

So, there's some new Event Hall offers up today - the most interesting things are 5 Summon Vouchers @ 180 Courage Gems each (you should do this), and 10 Large Action Potions @ 200,000 Gold each (you should definitely do this, if you can afford it).

Aside from that, there's a couple of events to do a certain # of Dungeons and Elite Dungeons, but none of the rewards are really worth spending consumables for.

Oh, and it's Hanzen day in the Event Tower again. Guess who has two of them? :getin:

I don't understand a single thing you just said about events, care to explain?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
On the top of the screen, you have a little button with flags on it. When you click it, it'll tell you about all the different time-limited stuff going on. The Dungeon / Elite Dungeon events have their tiers listed there.

The Exchange is in the Event Hall building, and you can find it at the end of the normal list of options. Exchange events let trade items (usually Gold or Diamonds) for other items, including a lot of normally Diamond only items like Action Potions or Summon Vouchers.

As far as Hanzen Day, when you load up a boss, before hitting it, you should see 3 portraits on the right, which show units that have increased stats vs bosses that day:

[Portrait x2.0] - Random 4* Unit
[Portrait x4.0] - Random 5* Unit
[Portrait x5.0] - Random 6* Unit

Unfortunately, it only displays the portrait rather than the name, but it's pretty easy to figure out if you have someone who qualifies. Today, the 4x unit is Hanzen, who I have 2 of, so my damage to the Tower raids is way higher than on other days.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Oh hey the day after I bought a bunch of diamonds they are giving away a bunch of summon vouchers if you buy diamonds

gently caress you to game

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Niton posted:

Son of a.... Give me a nexara day :argh:

Stock up on the action potions people. Certain event give you some sweet prizes from beating dungeons. Last week gave me 20,000 courage gems from getting to 1400 dungeon runs which was only possible by hoarding my action potions.

KittyEmpress posted:

Oh hey the day after I bought a bunch of diamonds they are giving away a bunch of summon vouchers if you buy diamonds

gently caress you to game

they do this pretty often. Last week had even better prizes. I think it is a near constant thing.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 8, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I keep hitting Relieve on my dang recruits. I am not very good at this.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

KittyEmpress posted:

I keep hitting Relieve on my dang recruits. I am not very good at this.

I think you may be missing the point of having slave labor if you keep letting them go.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I tried out the 100 level 1 runes for 2.1 million gold. It give me enough runes to make a level 4 rune of each color. Not a terrible deal.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
In as Uggo...

I'm enjoying this... It reminds me of Anti-Idle on Kongregate... There are so many different weird things on timers that there is almost always something you should be doing.

So, should I be fortifying my dude before I feed them to each other? I.E., level a 1 star up to 10 with other 1 stars before feeding that first one to a bigger one.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

In as Uggo...

I'm enjoying this... It reminds me of Anti-Idle on Kongregate... There are so many different weird things on timers that there is almost always something you should be doing.

So, should I be fortifying my dude before I feed them to each other? I.E., level a 1 star up to 10 with other 1 stars before feeding that first one to a bigger one.

As far as I know, the only hero you really want to minimally fortify is the hero character you choose, since whenever he gains another star, he's reset back to level 30. Other than that it's probably better fortify to power your heroes up.

deeznuts
Aug 19, 2004

The X-15 Cruise Basselope
In as Dongggs, having fun figuring it all out so far.

Thanks for all the great info in this thread! It's nice to have some direction when starting out.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So in the Tower do you just want to keep going through each level as you unlock it? As far as I can tell the only gates to progression are the battles at the end of each chapter, is that about right?

Also Valatar your hero guy is amazing.

Also also the chat thing. :stare:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Is now a good time to activate the temporary VIP4? The current event appears to be related to completing dungeons quickly.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

McDragon posted:

So in the Tower do you just want to keep going through each level as you unlock it? As far as I can tell the only gates to progression are the battles at the end of each chapter, is that about right?

Also Valatar your hero guy is amazing.

Also also the chat thing. :stare:

The tower floors just keep going. They get longer and more expensive to do each move. You also get medal are enough floors. Redoing floor until you beat level 5 is generally the best route for money and diamonds.

Yeah Allon is a really good hero. Course my leader is stronger :smug:

And the chat is my favorite part of the game. Watching a bunch preteens brag about how they all smoke weed, go the gym, and are total sex havers. :allears:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

DontMindMe posted:

Is now a good time to activate the temporary VIP4? The current event appears to be related to completing dungeons quickly.

There is almost always one of those events going on. This weeks rewards are pretty weak. However once you unlock the alchemy building then it isn't a terrible time to go VIP4. Just unlock the 2 extra slave spots and fill your friendlist.

If you can wait I would wait for a holiday event where the prizes will be much much better. Unfortunately the last holiday event was like 4 days ago.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Shwqa posted:

There is almost always one of those events going on. This weeks rewards are pretty weak. However once you unlock the alchemy building then it isn't a terrible time to go VIP4. Just unlock the 2 extra slave spots and fill your friendlist.

If you can wait I would wait for a holiday event where the prizes will be much much better. Unfortunately the last holiday event was like 4 days ago.

I'll wait until my friend list is full and I have a bunch of pending requests then.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Speaking of friendslist, is there a way to get extra slots. Feel bad cause I can't accept all the goon requests. :/

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The temporary VIP4 thing will increase your friend slots to 40, and any occupied slots won't vanish when you drop back out of VIP4.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

Speaking of friendslist, is there a way to get extra slots. Feel bad cause I can't accept all the goon requests. :/

Yeah I'm surprised you can't buy more with diamonds. Currently only VIP raises friend slots. Though the big 1.5 update coming is going to raise everyone friend limit by 10.,

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Shwqa posted:

The tower floors just keep going. They get longer and more expensive to do each move. You also get medal are enough floors. Redoing floor until you beat level 5 is generally the best route for money and diamonds.

Yeah Allon is a really good hero. Course my leader is stronger :smug:

And the chat is my favorite part of the game. Watching a bunch preteens brag about how they all smoke weed, go the gym, and are total sex havers. :allears:

The other day some dude was bitching about how he applied for a job at Ubisoft and they didn't hire him because they're anti-male sexists who only hire women, and it's their loss because he's a totally awesome game maker for realsies guys. It was hilarious.

Also, does this game drain batteries like a motherfucker for anyone else? Not even intense 3D games normally drain my battery this fast.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The other day some dude was bitching about how he applied for a job at Ubisoft and they didn't hire him because they're anti-male sexists who only hire women, and it's their loss because he's a totally awesome game maker for realsies guys. It was hilarious.

Also, does this game drain batteries like a motherfucker for anyone else? Not even intense 3D games normally drain my battery this fast.

This drains my battery pretty quick yeah.

I had someone perving out on me last night for like 30 minutes it was super creepy. Apparently blocking them doesn't turn off your ability to see their world chat.

I just wanted to know if higher level recruits got more gold when worked.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

This drains my battery pretty quick yeah.

I had someone perving out on me last night for like 30 minutes it was super creepy. Apparently blocking them doesn't turn off your ability to see their world chat.

I just wanted to know if higher level recruits got more gold when worked.

Yeah I saw bits of that I was hoping that wasn't you. Your name disappeared too fast for me to be sure. :smith:

High level recruit might give more gold. I know they can get more action points. The 65-70 range players can give me as much as 50 action points.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Shwqa posted:

High level recruit might give more gold. I know they can get more action points. The 65-70 range players can give me as much as 50 action points.

That's cool, because wow the action point regen in this is terrible.

I managed to get my Talia up to the evolution where I need those blue stones to evolve further!

And used my 300 energy and 600 courage to go through towers and event towers for awhile, and ran into the mysterious merchant six times, four of which he had summoning vouchers! Up to 24 now. Almost half way to my first five star (or first and second if I'm lucky.)

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

That's cool, because wow the action point regen in this is terrible.

I managed to get my Talia up to the evolution where I need those blue stones to evolve further!

And used my 300 energy and 600 courage to go through towers and event towers for awhile, and ran into the mysterious merchant six times, four of which he had summoning vouchers! Up to 24 now. Almost half way to my first five star (or first and second if I'm lucky.)

The nice thing about the supreme summons is they give you 5* and 6* hero pieces as well for each summon. I think you only get pieces of booster gem heroes and two different 6* heroes, so it is a small pool of pieces. So I got most nexara pieces from doing two 11x supreme summon.

Hopefully you get the cat girl to go with your name. She is a stronger nexara with a worst leader bonus and never gets 4x damage for bosses.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Shwqa posted:

The nice thing about the supreme summons is they give you 5* and 6* hero pieces as well for each summon. I think you only get pieces of booster gem heroes and two different 6* heroes, so it is a small pool of pieces. So I got most nexara pieces from doing two 11x supreme summon.

Hopefully you get the cat girl to go with your name. She is a stronger nexara with a worst leader bonus and never gets 4x damage for bosses.

I'll hope to get that one then, I'm cool with a lack of 4x. I doubt I'll be supreme summoning anytime soon though, unless I start getting really lucky with my tower runs from now on.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

:stare: wow that is most courage gems I have gotten in one boss battle.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I've never even managed to get two gems from one of those... my people are so hilariously weak compared to everyone else.

I have 44 of those vouchers now!

But they removed the summoning with them. :negative:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Shwqa posted:

:stare: wow that is most courage gems I have gotten in one boss battle.

Only 12?

:smugdog:

I got a 15 earlier, but I didn't save it :saddowns:

KittyEmpress posted:

I've never even managed to get two gems from one of those... my people are so hilariously weak compared to everyone else.

I have 44 of those vouchers now!

But they removed the summoning with them. :negative:

The summoning is coming back in the patch, though, so you'll be ready to run an 11x summon when it hits :unsmith:

Also, I usually get between 2-3 gems on a normal fight, this is just what happens when you have multiple units and an Awakening Potion on a 4x day.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Is there a set date when the patch is going to come?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

Is there a set date when the patch is going to come?

Sometime this month is all we got. They are likely just trying to make the game not bug out. They have given 1,500 gems to everyone due to game crashing bugs in the past 3 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Welp I pulled the trigger and I'm now a VIP1. Yay?

Do Awaken potions only work on Special Event Bosses or can you use them on Dungeon Bosses?

• Locked thread