Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

C2C - 2.0 posted:

What are some preferred apps that can handle Exchange e-mail accounts?

Mail.app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Good deal; I've been on Android for years, so I didn't know if iOS handled it natively or not. Thanks!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So Mailbox started randomly missing emails for me this week. They would be sitting in my Gmail inbox but no amount of refreshing would make them appear in the app. Had to uninstall, that kind of bullshit can not stand.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So I'm having a weird issue. I had to get my phone switched out, and I had corruption in my iCloud back up so had to start fresh.

The Facebook app isn't showing up in Notification Center. Like, it's not just not showing notifications, but it's not even in the list of apps in Notification Center or the list of apps not in Notification Center. It's like it doesn't exist. And it's also not giving me notifications. Any ideas?

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

pipebomb posted:

Appshopper does this.

It doesn't track IAP, just the app itself.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

I.W.W. ATTITUDE posted:

I find it strange that the Google app has true full-screen browsing (top indicators disappear when you scroll down) while Chrome and Safari don't. Is this really the case or is there some option I can enable to get it on either one of them?

Don't have the google app installed but if you mean indicators like the URL bar and back buttons, those definitely disappear for me?

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Don't have the google app installed but if you mean indicators like the URL bar and back buttons, those definitely disappear for me?

I mean this is what it looks like in Chrome:

And this is what browsing in Google App looks like:

I like Google App browsing because it's 'real' full screen, but there's no URL bar or bookmarking available at all. It's just funny to me that this isn't an option in Chrome, but it is in Google App and a number of (probably buggy) 'second-rate' browsers. Or maybe I'm missing something and there's a way to achieve complete full screen browsing in Chrome or Safari.

Edit: had the browser screenshots backwards.

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 11, 2014

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

I.W.W. ATTITUDE posted:

I mean this is what it looks like in Chrome:

And this is what browsing in Google App looks like:

I like Google App browsing because it's 'real' full screen, but there's no URL bar or bookmarking available at all. It's just funny to me that this isn't an option in Chrome, but it is in Google App and a number of (probably buggy) 'second-rate' browsers. Or maybe I'm missing something and there's a way to achieve complete full screen browsing in Chrome or Safari.

Edit: had the browser screenshots backwards.

Oh, you mean the top bar. Fun fact: tapping the top bar will move your view from wherever you scrolled down, back to the top. That might be why they included the top bar?

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
Thanks a lot -- you didn't even leave in that guy's advice for how to fart on command. Now I'll never know :(

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Oh, you mean the top bar. Fun fact: tapping the top bar will move your view from wherever you scrolled down, back to the top. That might be why they included the top bar?

But you can do that in google app as well. You just have to scroll up ever so slightly to being the bar back, then tap it and you're back at the top. It's also got an easily accessible 'search within page' function for finding a specific word or phrase. It's like the ultimate browser, except stripped off all features that make it worth using outside of looking at google search results.

I'm really starting to dig google app and it's related services. Google Now always tells me about my commute, and tells me about the weather in a consistent way. Notification center may or may not show any of that information. The voice search is so good, I feel like Siri hates me now in comparison. I even got on my laptop and set up Google Keep to be my new reminder app, but that's when I ran into a wall. There's no good Google Keep app for iOS and drive.google.com/keep is literally unusable in Safari or Chrome for iOS.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
I've read the op and used google but still can't figure this out. If you're an admin on a Facebook page how do you comment as yourself and not as the page name? Also my wife and I both have alpine stereos in our vehicles, hers is 6 months newer and a little different but both are the same model. They have a USB cord that you can plug your phone cord into and play your phone through. Mine has always worked fine but the first time I used hers it showed an error on the radio and my charger cord began acting like it had a short. It progressively got worse (plugged in at home to the normal cube) and quit charging within a week. I bought a new cord and it charges fine in the house but will error the radio out within 10 seconds. Any one have any info?
My phone is a Verizon iPhone 5 current update on phone and fb app.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I've actually given up on the Facebook admin thing. I'm the admin for 3 different pages and I'm pretty sure there is absolutely no way to like or comment as yourself on any of the posts on that page. I just find my way to a computer if it's important.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
So, what's the best app to save youtube videos for later viewing on the iPad, preferably at something higher than 320? I've tried both Instapaper and Pocket, but they only play the video at hideously low resolution :(

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I use one called Watchlater but the UI is pretty awful.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheJoker138 posted:

Sunrise is the best iOS calendar I've used, by far.

Fantastical is the only calendar app I've used thus far which was designed intelligently enough to incorporate reminders on the same calendar. 90% of the poo poo I want to put on my calendar is like "pay bill" or poo poo so setting an hour long engagement to do so? gently caress that. Fantastical though it does it.

Does sunrise? Because if it doesn't it can get hosed in the fuckin rectum

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

Fantastical is the only calendar app I've used thus far which was designed intelligently enough to incorporate reminders on the same calendar. 90% of the poo poo I want to put on my calendar is like "pay bill" or poo poo so setting an hour long engagement to do so? gently caress that. Fantastical though it does it.

No. But it does support appointment colours from google calendar!

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Mahoning posted:

I've actually given up on the Facebook admin thing. I'm the admin for 3 different pages and I'm pretty sure there is absolutely no way to like or comment as yourself on any of the posts on that page. I just find my way to a computer if it's important.

Thanks! Apparently at some time in the past there was an option to select who you post as but it's gone now. Hopefully it will make a return. Just really wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some glaringly obvious answer.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

echinopsis posted:

What drives me absolutely batty about calendar apps is that absolutely none of them support crossing off days in the past. Half of them don't even colour weekends differently.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Can anyone recommend an app to make some shopping lists? Possibly with the ability to share them with others, although not necessary.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

ihatepants posted:

Can anyone recommend an app to make some shopping lists? Possibly with the ability to share them with others, although not necessary.

My wife and I just use a shared reminder list.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

ihatepants posted:

I suspect it would be too simple for some, but I use Clear for my lists. No sharing, though.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

ihatepants posted:

Grocery Gadget does exactly that. I've been using it since I got my first iPhone in '08.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Eegah posted:

Grocery Gadget does exactly that. I've been using it since I got my first iPhone in '08.

Thanks! This looks to be exactly what I was looking for.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

~Coxy posted:

What drives me absolutely batty about calendar apps is that absolutely none of them support crossing off days in the past. Half of them don't even colour weekends differently.
There are so many calendar app and no one does everything really well. They all bring good ideas to the table, but the feast just isn't up to scratch

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh I installed Sunrise and I bet you guys don't know just how hosed off I get when I have to create an account to use an app on my phone. gently caress it. Uninstalled. I hope the developer dies soon

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

ihatepants posted:

We use Grocery IQ. It's free, lets you set up stores, aisles, favorites etc as well as syncing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

echinopsis posted:

Ugh I installed Sunrise and I bet you guys don't know just how hosed off I get when I have to create an account to use an app on my phone. gently caress it. Uninstalled. I hope the developer dies soon

You don't have to create an account though? You just log in with whatever other calendar accounts you already use to sync them...

E: Unless I'm forgetting something. It was a long time ago but I vaguely remember just hitting the "Facebook" button and it being good to go.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

ihatepants posted:

I guess there are a lot of good options, but we use AnyList, and it does not annoy me. Free with IAP to add features. It has shared lists, though you do need to create an account for that.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
my calendar pet peeve is showing me monday through thursday when it's friday. I don't give a poo poo that I was schedule for a meeting yesterday. This is why I use fantastical. I get that it's because paper calendars do this for obvious reasons, but we aren't banging rocks together here.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

smackfu posted:

I guess there are a lot of good options, but we use AnyList, and it does not annoy me. Free with IAP to add features. It has shared lists, though you do need to create an account for that.

AnyList and Listary have both been good for my wife & I. Listary just finally got a much-needed iOS 7 redesign.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheJoker138 posted:

You don't have to create an account though? You just log in with whatever other calendar accounts you already use to sync them...

E: Unless I'm forgetting something. It was a long time ago but I vaguely remember just hitting the "Facebook" button and it being good to go.

That alone is bad enough

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

echinopsis posted:

That alone is bad enough

I use Facebook events a lot, so it's a feature I would have wanted anyway. And it's integration with it and Google Calendar is pretty much why it's my go to app for this kind of thing.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm happy for you that you have some modicum of a social life. Buying 'dew from the market isn't something I need a reminder for

Cranbe
Dec 9, 2012

echinopsis posted:

I'm happy for you that you have some modicum of a social life. Buying 'dew from the market isn't something I need a reminder for

Is there a reason you're being such a douche bag?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

echinopsis posted:

Then don't put "buy dew from the market" as an event on anything that you need a reminder for? I honestly don't even know what you mean by that, truth be told, or why Sunrise would be forcing you to do it somehow.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I bought "Reporter" because I like the idea of tracking my boring life but it is ridiculously overpriced for what it is. I bought it due to a glowing Fast Company review, presumably those guys don't get a lot of apps.

It's not terrible or anything just way too limited to justify the $4 price tag. Don't make the same mistake I did! Save your money.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

ihatepants posted:

I've been using "out of milk" for Android for quite a while. I was glad that they also released an iOS version recently.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bronin posted:

I've been using "out of milk" for Android for quite a while. I was glad that they also released an iOS version recently.

Oh poo poo, I had no idea they had an iOS version out now. This was my go to on Android as well, and while Grocery IQ is passable I'm totally switching back to this one now.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Cranbe posted:

Is there a reason you're being such a douche bag?
echopenis is a retard, don't listen to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

priznat posted:

I bought "Reporter" because I like the idea of tracking my boring life but it is ridiculously overpriced for what it is. I bought it due to a glowing Fast Company review, presumably those guys don't get a lot of apps.

It's not terrible or anything just way too limited to justify the $4 price tag. Don't make the same mistake I did! Save your money.

Thanks for the honest review. I collect data on behavior for a living, and Reporter interested me too. But before I jumped in I decided to stick in my Appshopper wish list and see if it would get any price drops any time soon.

• Locked thread