Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.

The Leper Colon V posted:

That's a hard one to answer. I know I'm supposed to say Sean Connery, but a part of me really, really liked Daniel Craig in Skyfall. Personally, I think it's the best Bond movie in decades. Maybe the best one period. But saying that's blasphemy, so I can only admit it in a thread where I've already talked about my poo.

Good choices, I rather liked pierce brosnan, he was a good bond with bad scripts. How do you feel about him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Piedmon Sama posted:

It's okay if you like super robot stuff (and actually I really like Big O so that's definitely worth a mention) but the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP stuff has always grated on my rear end. That's one way I actually haven't changed since I was a stupid teenager.

Now this Kill la Kill show is alright, it's completely retarded and I dig that
Titties everywhere. Like, I love Gainax, and this new totally-not-Gainax Trigger, but I cannot watch any of their poo poo anywhere that someone with taste might see me.

Thankfully, I don't know anyone who has taste.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
post in nite crew

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Swamp Fancy posted:

Good choices, I rather liked pierce brosnan, he was a good bond with bad scripts. How do you feel about him?
Pierce Brosnan as bond evokes a very solid "meh" from me. Like, you're right, he's not a bad bond. But seeing him play Bond is like seeing Michael Keaton play Batman. Yeah, it happened, but I'm still not really sure it happened.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
1) yea pretty much I wouldn't want my mom to see me watching this poo poo, but it's kind of ignorable if you're a reasonable adult male who's not into crudely drawn cartoons

2) Pierce Brosnan was a good Bond but by Die Another Day he was kinda old and doughy and basically the sort of dude your grandma would think of as handsome

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.

Pierce Brosnan as bond evokes a very solid "meh" from me. Like, you're right, he's not a bad bond. But seeing him play Bond is like seeing Michael Keaton play Batman. Yeah, it happened, but I'm still not really sure it happened.

He put in a good performance in golden eye and the intro to tomorrow never dies was the best intro for a bond film ever. What's your favourite bond intro?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Piedmon Sama posted:

1) yea pretty much I wouldn't want my mom to see me watching this poo poo, but it's kind of ignorable if you're a reasonable adult male who's not into crudely drawn cartoons

2) Pierce Brosnan was a good Bond but by Die Another Day he was kinda old and doughy and basically the sort of dude your grandma would think of as handsome
My grandmother manipulated her children to fight one-another, and spent the last 20 years of her life convinced that her old neighbors were stalking her. Despite that she moved three states away.

Mental illness is genetic, and I am so loving boned.

Swamp Fancy posted:

He put in a good performance in golden eye and the intro to tomorrow never dies was the best intro for a bond film ever. What's your favourite bond intro?
The one that goes "dun-nun na nun nun na-na dun-nun na nun nun".

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

My grandmother manipulated her children to fight one-another, and spent the last 20 years of her life convinced that her old neighbors were stalking her. Despite that she moved three states away.

Mental illness is genetic, and I am so loving boned.

That sucks bro, my granddad had the alzheimers and I heard it skips a generation so I live in fear of that, myself.

Also Live and Let Die is so obviously the best Bond intro I won't loving hear any other opinions on the matter

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Whats better, rear end or titties?

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

The one that goes "dun-nun na nun nun na-na dun-nun na nun nun".

They all start like that! It's okay if you don't want to chat about bond, we can talk about something else. Do you like Gladiator movies?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Swamp Fancy posted:

They all start like that! It's okay if you don't want to chat about bond, we can talk about something else. Do you like Gladiator movies?

Gladiator is literally my number one favorite movie of all time.

It's just the most perfect complete movie I've ever seen.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Piedmon Sama posted:

That sucks bro, my granddad had the alzheimers and I heard it skips a generation so I live in fear of that, myself.

Also Live and Let Die is so obviously the best Bond intro I won't loving hear any other opinions on the matter
Man, getting old loving sucks. It's why I started smoking again. That, and an addictive personality.

No Longer Flaky posted:

Whats better, rear end or titties?
I'm an rear end man. :nws:

Swamp Fancy posted:

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
do you crumple or fold your toilet paper

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Piedmon Sama posted:

Gladiator is literally my number one favorite movie of all time.

It's just the most perfect complete movie I've ever seen.
My favorite movie is prooooobably either The Incredibles, because I am a literal child, or Stranger Than Fiction, AKA "wait, Will Ferrell can act?!".

He was good in Lego Movie, too. (Go see Lego Movie.)

Down With People posted:

do you crumple or fold your toilet paper
I crumple. That's our secret now.

Actually, I fold, I just couldn't resist making a Whomp reference. That page of Dr. McNinja your avatar's from had me in stitches.

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Have you ever been in a cockpit before?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

quote:

Man, getting old loving sucks. It's why I started smoking again. That, and an addictive personality.

You're 23, you're not loving old.

I'm basically 27, I'm old as poo poo personally.

No poo poo I actually smoke a pipe, as goony as it is I regret nothing and would never switch over to cigarettes. I don't pretend it's a ton better because I'm p. loving addicted to smoking but for my money it's a lot more pleasant

----Who the gently caress would ever crumple their toilet paper, what a disgusting thought

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Swamp Fancy posted:

Have you ever been in a cockpit before?
There was a period of my life where I was the kind of guy who got really mad when someone misquoted something. (In my defense, I was like fifteen.) I had that red zone/white zone routine down pat, and I would actually correct people who got part of it wrong.

I am was an insufferable little dick.

Piedmon Sama posted:

You're 23, you're not loving old.

I'm basically 27, I'm old as poo poo personally.

No poo poo I actually smoke a pipe, as goony as it is I regret nothing and would never switch over to cigarettes. I don't pretend it's a ton better because I'm p. loving addicted to smoking but for my money it's a lot more pleasant

----Who the gently caress would ever crumple their toilet paper, what a disgusting thought
This one female friend I've got who I've had unrequited feelings for for like half a decade now is... I think 29 this year. Her mom died recently, and I was in my own little depressive slump so I couldn't even be there for her. poo poo sucks, man.

No idea what this has to do with smoking pipes, but at least I'm unlikely to repeat that answer.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

This one female friend I've got who I've had unrequited feelings for for like half a decade now is... I think 29 this year. Her mom died recently, and I was in my own little depressive slump so I couldn't even be there for her. poo poo sucks, man.

No idea what this has to do with smoking pipes, but at least I'm unlikely to repeat that answer.

It's extremely rough how life doesn't follow dramatic principles so that you'll get the opportunity to be there when people need you, but poo poo happens.

Myself, I've never had a female friend, don't really get women tbh. As long as you keep checking in with the friends you have though, you're good imo.

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

There was a period of my life where I was the kind of guy who got really mad when someone misquoted something. (In my defense, I was like fifteen.) I had that red zone/white zone routine down pat, and I would actually correct people who got part of it wrong.

I am was an insufferable little dick.

I'm glad you've got it all under control, sorry I put you in that situation.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Piedmon Sama posted:

It's extremely rough how life doesn't follow dramatic principles so that you'll get the opportunity to be there when people need you, but poo poo happens.

Myself, I've never had a female friend, don't really get women tbh. As long as you keep checking in with the friends you have though, you're good imo.
Well, you never will if you keep thinking like that. Serious discussion here, she's a person first, and a woman second. Or, more to the point, she's a person first and a person who has some pretty strict cultural expectations for how she's supposed to act second. I've met a woman who seriously thought she had no interests because girls aren't "supposed" to be interested in anything but boys, housework and looking pretty. And she wasn't interested in any of those things.

It was kind of baffling how she was both 100% subscribed to 1950s gender politics, but also completely separate from them.

Swamp Fancy posted:

I'm glad you've got it all under control, sorry I put you in that situation.
Nah, AFAIK, you quoted right. The line that comes after that just isn't as good out of context so I changed the subject.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Well, you never will if you keep thinking like that. Serious discussion here, she's a person first, and a woman second. Or, more to the point, she's a person first and a person who has some pretty strict cultural expectations for how she's supposed to act second. I've met women who seriously thought they had no interests because girls aren't "supposed" to be interested in anything but boys, housework and looking pretty. And she wasn't interested in any of those things.

It was kind of baffling how she was both 100% subscribed to 1950s gender politics, but also completely separate from them.

It's really easy, imo, if you spend too much time listening to people on the internet, to forget that people who have "retrograde" opinions/upbringings or whatever are usually no dumber than anyone else.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Piedmon Sama posted:

It's really easy, imo, if you spend too much time listening to people on the internet, to forget that people who have "retrograde" opinions/upbringings or whatever are usually no dumber than anyone else.
I grew up in California. In High School, I very nearly dated this really cute blonde with glasses. Our parents even liked each other, which is a loving miracle with my mom.

And then I saw her picketing in the street against Prop 8. I'll never forget that feeling of "you're so much smarter than this but I'll never be able to stand being around you until you realize it". :smith:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Hello Gay Poster The Leper Colon V, I see by your avatar you must like Spelunky. Do you like Spelunky? I've been playing it a lot recently, I like it. I still haven't beat hell or the alien mothership but I'm doing well. Thanks for responding to my post.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
That's really rough. People I consider my friends or friendly aquaintances run a wide gamut of political and social beliefs but that's separate from who they are as people. I mean if you were really out there on the barricades fighting against human rights I wouldn't be comfortable being your friend but for the most part people are decent to other people separate from whatever their ingrained wider beliefs are.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

cat doter posted:

Hello Gay Poster The Leper Colon V, I see by your avatar you must like Spelunky. Do you like Spelunky? I've been playing it a lot recently, I like it. I still haven't beat hell or the alien mothership but I'm doing well. Thanks for responding to my post.
I do like Spelunky, SA poster cat doter. Don't give up. It took me a long time to beat the game the first time, and I got a headstart with years of experience playing Spelunky Classic.

Piedmon Sama posted:

That's really rough. People I consider my friends or friendly aquaintances run a wide gamut of political and social beliefs but that's separate from who they are as people. I mean if you were really out there on the barricades fighting against human rights I wouldn't be comfortable being your friend but for the most part people are decent to other people separate from whatever their ingrained wider beliefs are.
It wasn't just that she had some ground-in beliefs that people who've had dicks up their butts are going to Hell. It's that she either believed it or bought into it loudly and strongly enough to tell it to everyone who would listen in a public place.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hi

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hello, night crew poster NoneSuch. If you'll scroll up, or perhaps look back a page, you'll see one of my several answers for what my favorite anime is.

I'm now going to bed, every post after this one, I'll have to answer later.Oh God, I'm going to come back to like 600 posts aren't I.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.
Epá, eu não me via a fazer uma cena fodida destas... espero que não tenhas um emprego nem nenhum compromisso, para conseguir acompanhar o passo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nycticeius posted:

Epá, eu não me via a fazer uma cena fodida destas... espero que não tenhas um emprego nem nenhum compromisso, para conseguir acompanhar o passo.
I lied, I'm actually gonna reply to this one, too. I don't know what it says, though, and it's too late/early for me to pull up Google Translate. :effort:

You have a cool Batman avatar, though.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

I crumple. That's our secret now.

Actually, I fold, I just couldn't resist making a Whomp reference. That page of Dr. McNinja your avatar's from had me in stitches.

Whomp is a good comic and you're a good person

Dr. McNinja's kinda meh but that one page made me laugh forever

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Down With People posted:

Whomp is a good comic and you're a good person

Dr. McNinja's kinda meh but that one page made me laugh forever
The whole King Radical thing went on for way, way too long. It probably won't seem as unbearable in print, but I really came close to giving up on the comic a couple times during that arc.

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Nah, AFAIK, you quoted right. The line that comes after that just isn't as good out of context so I changed the subject.

Ahh cool, do you have any pets?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Swamp Fancy posted:

Ahh cool, do you have any pets?
We have a mutt dog who is tan and doesn't like to poop outside. We also have a rat we don't pay attention to often enough, and a fair number of fish. My boyfriend also just ordered two snails in the mail because of a Tumblr post and because he's addicted to animals.

OKAY TURNING OFF THE COMPUTER NOW GO TO SLEEP TLCV

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
TO TROLL OR NOT TO TROLL?

spirited
Nov 2, 2001

Time might lead me to nowhere; Fate might break me apart; I'll always be thankful that once, along life's journey I found the unchanging Imperishable in you.
OP, why do you hate America?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:happyelf:

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
FAAAART FAAAAAAAAAART toot

I await your reply, sir.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Allahu Akbar!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aryu Kiddimeh posted:

TO TROLL OR NOT TO TROLL?
Well, that depends on if your trolling is funny or not.

spirited posted:

OP, why do you hate America?
Because it's not American enough.

Double Muhammad, bravely making terrorist jokes in the year of our lord 2014.

Spiderjelly posted:

FAAAART FAAAAAAAAAART toot

I await your reply, sir.
That's gonna be my answer to every question in debates when I run for President. My campaign slogan's gonna be "toot or scoot"!

Congratulations, gimmick posting for four years straight is kind of an accomplishment. An accomplishment in shitposting. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

How have you remained so inoffensive and completely nondescript for over 4 years op?

• Locked thread