Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

extra clavicle

Right. I thought she just had a plate in there from a break, but considering the size she might have 50% more clavicle than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Extra titties

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That's a common misconception. She really only has two titties, she just had one tattooed "1" and the other "3".

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Brian Joubert ant bad lookin

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Neither is alexander majorov I guess

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Brit beauty Lizzie Yarnold wins Women's Skeleton, my heart

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
6:5 China in the 10th, China has the hammer

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Tincans posted:

Brit beauty Lizzie Yarnold wins Women's Skeleton, my heart

i'm sad the red-dyed girl just missed out on a medal, but yeah she's nice

also john shuster you can die

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
How come curlers don't put wicked spin on the stone and aim more for the boards? It seems like you should be able to get some tighter angles, like in bowling.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW
Who's got an extra titty?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

i'm sad the red-dyed girl just missed out on a medal, but yeah she's nice

also john shuster you can die

red haired girl was incredibly unsportsmanlike in a bbc interview after about the russian who beat her, nobody likes a sore loser also go GB wooo she deserved that gold

:britain:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

red haired girl was incredibly unsportsmanlike in a bbc interview after about the russian who beat her, nobody likes a sore loser also go GB wooo she deserved that gold

:britain:

don't worry when nbc shows it in 10 hours they won't give the winner the time of day :fsmug:

besides if it makes you feel any better i'm rooting for your women's curling team

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 14, 2014

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

you irl posted:

How come curlers don't put wicked spin on the stone and aim more for the boards? It seems like you should be able to get some tighter angles, like in bowling.

I may have just sucked rear end when I used to play, but the more curl I put on the rock the less control you have over it and who the gently caress knows where it will end up, it's also a heavy rear end rock and doesn't curl as drastically as you might think. You also risk hitting the sides of the lane which disqualifies that stone.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Vertical Lime posted:

don't worry when nbc shows it in 10 hours they won't give the winner the time of day :fsmug:

To be fair, I can understand why a bit of focus would be shifted towards the home team players, just like every other country has done BESIDES us, but... we have so much money to recoup we're going a bit overboard with it.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

Hhaha yeah god forbid American media highlights anything where the US doesn't win, what I now find hilarious is how in the Summer Olympics since China now get more golds than the US it's no longer about the number of golds oh no it's about the total number of medals (bronzes apparently counting just as much) leading to a total redesign of the medal table.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Do they curl with different size stones for men/women or whatever? Because then people could say whoa dude you got some big stones there.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

I may have just sucked rear end when I used to play, but the more curl I put on the rock the less control you have over it and who the gently caress knows where it will end up, it's also a heavy rear end rock and doesn't curl as drastically as you might think. You also risk hitting the sides of the lane which disqualifies that stone.

There is a rink with 5 sheets about an hour from my house, they do lessons and rent equipment, I'm excited

See you on nbc in 2018, suckers, getting my gut-wrenching story ready

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Hhaha yeah god forbid American media highlights anything where the US doesn't win, what I now find hilarious is how in the Summer Olympics since China now get more golds than the US it's no longer about the number of golds oh no it's about the total number of medals (bronzes apparently counting just as much) leading to a total redesign of the medal table.

before 2008 the gold winner was usually also the overall medal winner so that's why nobody cared before then

also the overall medal thing was a relic of the cold war

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

To be absolutely fair, population numbers should be included in the calculation as well. This is serious business.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress, the black Canadian hockey uniforms are... I don't really know what they are. I guess that's one of our colours?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

you irl posted:

There is a rink with 5 sheets about an hour from my house, they do lessons and rent equipment, I'm excited

See you on nbc in 2018, suckers, getting my gut-wrenching story ready

godsweep young curler

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

SpannerX posted:

Holy gently caress, the black Canadian hockey uniforms are... I don't really know what they are. I guess that's one of our colours?

Are they all in the shapes of teenagers with hoodies?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

To be absolutely fair, population numbers should be included in the calculation as well. This is serious business.

Careful what you wish for...

http://www.medalspercapita.com/#golds-per-capita:all-time
http://www.medalspercapita.com/#medals-per-capita:all-time

According to these tables GB ranks 19 and the US 21 for golds of all time, and for overall medals of all time GB is 21 and the US 34. Also Finland is the world #1 in both.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

According to these tables GB ranks 19 and the US 21 for golds of all time, and for overall medals of all time GB is 21 and the US 34. Also Finland is the world #1 in both.

as i expected, india is dead last :pwn:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Paradox Personified posted:

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz
The US Olympic team receives no federal government funding. Is there a way to account for that?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

That's just for biathlon, and up here it would be natives.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I'm Danish, so this actually makes us look pretty good. :denmark:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Canada loving Austria up something fierce. They are quite literally skating circles around the Austrians as they stare on.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

According to these tables China won one (1) medal in the London 2012 Olympics.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Agrajag posted:

Canada loving Austria up something fierce. They are quite literally skating circles around the Austrians as they stare on.

has Vanek done anything?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm Danish, so this actually makes us look pretty good. :denmark:

Yeah I'm guessing the heavy Scandinavian weight in these tables is pretty much from the Winter Olympics, what's really interesting for me is the table of total medals by GDP in which US ranks a very unimpressive 65th beaten by such illustrious sporting nations as Kyrgyzstan and Burundi...

http://www.medalspercapita.com/#medals-by-gdp:all-time

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Its hockey their skin is white as snow, worst case they got shot once, maybe twice

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Yeah I'm guessing the heavy Scandinavian weight in these tables is pretty much from the Winter Olympics,
I think Denmark is too flat and warm to get really good at winter sports, because our total medal count at the Winter Olympics is 1 silver medal in curling back in '98.

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

what's really interesting for me is the table of total medals by GDP in which US ranks a very unimpressive 65th beaten by such illustrious sporting nations as Kyrgyzstan and Burundi...

http://www.medalspercapita.com/#medals-by-gdp:all-time
I doubt a high GDP helps people run appreciable faster, so that's perhaps not that surprising. The Summer Olympics seem to generally be less biased against poor people.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I think Denmark is too flat and warm to get really good at winter sports, because our total medal count at the Winter Olympics is 1 silver medal in curling back in '98.

I doubt a high GDP helps people run appreciable faster, so that's perhaps not that surprising. The Summer Olympics seem to generally be less biased against poor people.

The Summer Olympics are biased towards those who have batter access to "technology and supplements".

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

nickutz posted:

The US Olympic team receives no federal government funding. Is there a way to account for that?
Republicans.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Agrajag posted:

The Summer Olympics are biased towards those who have batter access to "technology and supplements".
Isn't that true of the Winter Olympics as well? I did say less biased. At least running fast is something you can learn on a limited budget.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz

I didn't mean why the federal government doesn't fund the Olympic committee. It was more of how to compare the USA to other nations who fully fund their Olympic teams with federal money, like China.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

T.Worth posted:

Who's got an extra titty?

I'm fresh out, sorry bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

nickutz posted:

I didn't mean why the federal government doesn't fund the Olympic committee. It was more of how to compare the USA to other nations who fully fund their Olympic teams with federal money, like China.

What other countries even do this like the USA?

e: And why does the USA govt not fund their teams? (Besides the fact they don't have to)

• Locked thread