Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've thought about buying premium but I just cant bring myself to spend another $50 on a game that's so buggy. I know I'm gonna want Metro as soon as possible, and I'll probably still be playing when other expansions come out and I'll want them too. But I still feel bad enough about the initial pre order. I contacted customer support and whined a bit, but the only discount they could give me was on the base game, fat lot of good that is. That, or a titanfall beta code. So if you really want in on that beta, go complain to customer support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

I have Battered person syndrome with PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH-PSH guns :sigh:

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OneEightHundred posted:

I know people call it the "sound loop crash" but that doesn't actually mean it's related to sound at all. In fact, given that the past few fixes have involved specific graphics settings, it's probably not.

Short version: Sound loop crashes are what happens when the game freezes.

I think most people just use it as a descriptor. There's the sound loop crash (game hangs, sound loops), there's the CTD, there's the blue/red screen, there's the "something went wrong". Realtek gets flak because punkbuster and some other stuff does make it go all gaga for seemingly no reason, and it's one of the easiest things to eliminate when trying to figure out what the hell is actually wrong.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
This game seems to have a real problem with stairs and fences. Tonight I dies about 3 times from shooting at a guy under a metal staircase (through the gaps). I would get no hitmarkers and then they would shred me. The other day I flanked 3 guys shooting out of a stairwell window on flood zone. I fired into one of them and all of my buckshot hit the inner handrail, and again, and again. I then ran up to one of them, but by then a couple of them had turned around and killed me.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Owen Wilsons Nose posted:

How about stingers and "look in a general direction for 3 seconds" missiles and launchers get a 30 second reload time. The problem for attack helicopters is critical hit bullshit and engineers able to lock on, fire, reload, lock on again and fire before the chopper has a chance to either evade or vacate the area(which is the entire map).

No chopper pilots bitch when they get hit with an rpg or sraw, or tandem laser/javelin.

It really sucks getting pounded by idiot missiles, taking critical damage and somehow not flipping upside down, trying to land ever so gently on skids made of dynamite.

What do you think the range of stingers are? I'll give you a hint it isn't even close to the entire map. What do you want the counter to air be?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So what's the premium event? I don't see double xp yet.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

What do you think the range of stingers are? I'll give you a hint it isn't even close to the entire map. What do you want the counter to air be?

A suicide button, for daring to threaten a noble airman.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

This is a good point. What class is it, though? America? Wasp? Or even as far back as the Tarawa? The mind boggles!

It's a Wasp class, the USS Essex LHD-2.

The jets aren't technically stealth jets either, the have a low RCS but aren't true stealth. Call them Fifth Generation Fighters

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 15, 2014

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

This game seems to have a real problem with stairs and fences.

The other day I was under the stairs in the basement area capturing C on Zavod, I watch a guy come down the steps and what should have transpired was 2000 bullets killed him, instead the no effect rule came into play and he turned around and gunned me down.

Anyone else feel like bullets don't count if you don't look down the scope? I know a LMG isn't exactly a loving sniper rifle but at 5 feet away, hip fire should mow someone down.

But I think the thing that threatens cerebral hemorrhaging the most is how a 9mm pea shooter kills anyone in two shots, but with the amount of bullets it takes from the AA to kill a soldier you could take down 3 little birds and the original Death Star. This is playing exclusively on hardcore btw

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Guess it doesn't matter if there's a double XP weekend - jumped on for the first time in a few days and sound looped within 2 minutes. Awesome!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Crow_Rodeo posted:

It's a Wasp class, the USS Essex LHD-2.

The jets aren't technically stealth jets either, the have a low RCS but aren't true stealth. Call them Fifth Generation Fighters

I like you :allears:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

:wink:

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal

codo27 posted:

But I think the thing that threatens cerebral hemorrhaging the most is how a 9mm pea shooter kills anyone in two shots, but with the amount of bullets it takes from the AA to kill a soldier you could take down 3 little birds and the original Death Star. This is playing exclusively on hardcore btw

Hell yeah, I REALLY loved the MAA before they toned down its anti-infantry damage. :getin:

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

codo27 posted:

The other day I was under the stairs in the basement area capturing C on Zavod, I watch a guy come down the steps and what should have transpired was 2000 bullets killed him, instead the no effect rule came into play and he turned around and gunned me down.

Anyone else feel like bullets don't count if you don't look down the scope? I know a LMG isn't exactly a loving sniper rifle but at 5 feet away, hip fire should mow someone down.

Use the 30mm cannon and you can basically snipe infantry from a mile away with the thing. Plus Zuni's and active armor so you can be extra silly.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So, it appears that only Paracel Storm, Op Locker, and Dawnbreaker are completely unplayable for me as of now. I just played Lancang Dam and Hainan Resort with no issues. Seems to mirror what others are seeing.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Mizaq posted:

Hell yeah, I REALLY loved the MAA before they toned down its anti-infantry damage. :getin:

That definitely never happened. Even if it did happen, it definitely didn't.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
The Cosby emblem on the spreadsheet seems to be broken :(

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Played a round of locker today where one dude was going on and on about how much the other team sucks. Red Sucks, OMG so many baddies, Keep spamming LVG noobs, etc.

So they try the end around to E with about 8 guys outside. They capped it up top, but then got flanked from the outside and grenaded from the bottom. Mr. Whiner then tries to go hide so his squad can spawn on him and he gets killed by a claymore. He then goes on a tirade about how claymore and LVG damage range is bullshit and then quits right before the end of the match so he doesn't ruin his precious stats.

And then I look at his profile, top weapon with 3000 kills: LVG

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Deeters posted:

I went into the battlelog forums to see if anyone knew when this "premium event" was starting, and found what I think is my new favorite post

:allears: Tell me more about the halycon days before the casuals started playing
It's like listening to old white people talk about how everyone had it so good back in the mid-20th century and nothing bad happened.
:allears:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
I don't know about decency and sportsmanship 10 years ago, but they did have people using voice chat and giving squad orders!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
What was that in relation too (the BL post)? Let me guess "back in our day infantry just got destroyed by jets with out complaining".

It's very sporting trying to fight a jet with an m16.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Thankfully I have no sound loop crashes but I experienced a weird bug since the big SA update. Every so often when I SRAW a vehicle, I can see the rocket go at the Tank/Lav/Mrap and hit, I see a huge explosion but: no hitmarker no damage. Yesterday I SRAWed a LB. I hit, it blew up internally, I got a kill l, the thing starts auto-roating down while burning and shortly before hitting the ground *poof* it looks normal again and flies away...

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hopper posted:

Thankfully I have no sound loop crashes but I experienced a weird bug since the big SA update. Every so often when I SRAW a vehicle, I can see the rocket go at the Tank/Lav/Mrap and hit, I see a huge explosion but: no hitmarker no damage. Yesterday I SRAWed a LB. I hit, it blew up internally, I got a kill l, the thing starts auto-roating down while burning and shortly before hitting the ground *poof* it looks normal again and flies away...

I haven't ever seen the second part of this happen, but the first part is business as usual as far as SRAW shooting goes. (As is the SRAW just circling wildly, probably due to the target not actually being where it's depicted to be.)

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
So I played some games on altai range, where it starts off with my squad calling me a voice noob. I lose the attack helo, get out in time and zook the enemy, lay mines and zook a second helo.
I just don't get people, I finished 32-2 while doing the craziest poo poo and they think shouting noob 24/7 does anything. We lost that game 0-980 tickets :/

Tofuslob
Jul 9, 2013

:dice:
I usually get 2 or 3 good rounds before everything goes to poo poo (not counting the can't spawn bug without closing firefox bug since thats sort of standard..).

At least it limits my gaming time :smith:

Tofuslob fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Feb 15, 2014

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Samuel posted:

So I played some games on altai range, where it starts off with my squad calling me a voice noob. I lose the attack helo, get out in time and zook the enemy, lay mines and zook a second helo.
I just don't get people, I finished 32-2 while doing the craziest poo poo and they think shouting noob 24/7 does anything. We lost that game 0-980 tickets :/

I've seen, among others: bipod noob, grenade noob, AEK971 noob, famas noob, mtar noob and the ever popular 'noob tube', which can be applied to many weapons, handily.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

I've seen, among others: bipod noob, grenade noob, AEK971 noob, famas noob, mtar noob and the ever popular 'noob tube', which can be applied to many weapons, handily.

I was pleased to encounter, "RHIB NOOB!" on a 24/7 Paracel server the other day. It struck me as a deliciously nonsensical combination.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

I've gotten DMR noob, before the DMRs were buffed. And 93r noob, even though it locks up every time you burst with it.

Also the ever popular XM25 noob.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
The Famas and the EAK are pretty good though.

I think we should all aim for MRAP noob next.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

codo27 posted:

The LMGs have astonishingly lovely hipfire, you really need to be ADS, even if you're standing directly up their rear end.

HamHawkes
Jan 25, 2014
I haven't been on in about week. So with the new patch, they didn't fix the secondary tank gunner bug where you can't fire anything? Also anyone else getting DX crashes when tabbing in and out?

Had a blast last night. Running as recon with mobile spawn and C4 with a carbine is just so satisfying!

72o
Dec 14, 2007

I can't play at all anymore because it gets stuck on "loading level" forever. Well, maybe not forever, but I did leave it over night to see what happened and nothing did.

So I'm uninstalling everything, deleting any Origin/BF4 folder I can find and redownloading everything plus Geforce drivers. This won't work but I like doing futile things.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Irobot82 posted:

I haven't been on in about week. So with the new patch, they didn't fix the secondary tank gunner bug where you can't fire anything?

It's fixed for me at least, and no more crashing when switching seats. Also it was always firing, you just didn't get any visuals or projectiles IIRC.

Lots of problems with no sound, though, it's almost on every TDM server I've tried.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

My favorite thing that the goon crew has been called is "water faggots."

I also loved that guy who kept calling Riller a no-skill noob camper for staying in the MAA in Zavod, only to finish the round 0-1 with 50 points.

:allears:

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Apparently you can no longer search for Conquest small servers, the conquest large tag gets automatically winked when selecting the filter conquest small. :dice:

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Samuel posted:

Apparently you can no longer search for Conquest small servers, the conquest large tag gets automatically winked when selecting the filter conquest small. :dice:

And vice versa it looks like.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Samuel posted:

I'm loving not being able to see the scoreboard in BL, it's not like the maps take ages to load or any thing.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Jippa posted:

What was that in relation too (the BL post)? Let me guess "back in our day infantry just got destroyed by jets with out complaining".

It's very sporting trying to fight a jet with an m16.

It was something about people using the MAV to ride up to the top of one of the skyscrapers on Shanghai domination. Basically he was saying that no one glitched in "the old days".

Question: Did they change something about SLAMs other than the damage radius? I decided to go after a MAA that was inside the uncap on Golmud, and with 3 SLAMs on the front of my jeep, I couldn't get more than a disable. Maybe because I was hitting him head on?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
Speaking of MAA, it seems the quickest most sure fire way to piss off people if you are sitting in uncap. It is my troll of choice if a buddy isn't on and I can't mav/support C4 people. I seriously need more people to do this with. All my buddies quit playing.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Deeters posted:

It was something about people using the MAV to ride up to the top of one of the skyscrapers on Shanghai domination. Basically he was saying that no one glitched in "the old days".

Question: Did they change something about SLAMs other than the damage radius? I decided to go after a MAA that was inside the uncap on Golmud, and with 3 SLAMs on the front of my jeep, I couldn't get more than a disable. Maybe because I was hitting him head on?

MAA and IFVs don't have directional armor if I recall correctly. I was having the same issue with SLAMs yesterday. Hell I had sometimes where I'd double stack regular mines with SLAMs and still not get a kill, just a disable.

• Locked thread