Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Plan Bard's Tale looks good to me. Let's see how the wedding goes, then we can continue being a badass.

edit: vvv that goes without saying

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Let's not start voting till we know what comes next. Besides just because the_steve was trying to be a child about our balls and lost he wants to walk away from our Balls. Let's go out and kick rear end with our Balls.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

There's no vote you nerds.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 15, 2014

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This is great, Voting for Plan Deadmeat

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Mr. Wednesday posted:

This

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Mr. Wednesday posted:

I also am Planning to vote for Vote Deadmeat Plan.

Voooooote

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Whoah I don't want to give up the Balls. Hell they're nothing without us! gently caress plan bard's tale.

I guess that makes me part of team tl;dr?

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Yeah, but Smythos isn't saying 'don't have kids or we'll destroy the world', he is saying 'don't have kids or the world will be destroyed'. I see it as more of a consequence than a threat.
We're crying about the lack of choice offered to us, but consider that the higher-ups don't have much of a choice either. They can warn us not to have kids, and if we don't heed the warning they have either the choice of killing us or letting the world die, which is not much of a choice either. As much as our hand has been forced, we would be forcing their hand just as much by not heeding their warning.

I'm not sure that makes it any better. Who created us in such a way that we risk everyone we know by simply existing? If not El, then whom? If these supposed gods can't control us, why should we worship them? If all we are is a liability, why are we even here?

You're convincing me that we're better off killing the character. If we're such a risk that even the deities can't control the destruction we can cause, we're honestly better off dead.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

the_steve posted:

Seconding this.

also voting Against telling Naomi we're sterile.
And also voting that Enkidel now talks in a high-pitched voice at all times, insist it is his normal voice.

...unless I'm mistaken, you've been arguing for several pages now how it's wrong for someone to make choices about another person's fertility without their full and willful consent.

...and now you want us to make a choice about another person's fertility...without their knowledge or consent?

...Wha? :psyduck:

Also lol on someone reporting a person for their vote on an internet party game. :allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

ArbitraryTA posted:

I am Totally Ok with plan Bard's Tale.

How could you possibly be okay with giving our Balls to another man? Wasn't losing our balls enough?

FoxTerrier posted:

Also lol on someone reporting a person for their vote on an internet party game. :allears:

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

DCBomB posted:

No vote? Woah.

For those of you who can't help not expressing opinions or voting on something, tell me what you think I should include in the next survey!

Diog, that includes you :colbert:

Are you still having fun? Do you enjoy the debating or do you just stick to reading Diog's updates? How would you describe your approach to gameplay/voting in six words or less? Does the story still interest you? Just how badly do you want to end all existence?

In any case, I'm pretty happy that Whatever's been watching us has moved on.

Ask Ishamal if he really sterilized us or if he merely did something to appease the Grigori. Also, ask who he follows and who he thinks we should take our orders from.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

A Terrible Person posted:

Ask Ishamal if he really sterilized us or if he merely did something to appease the Grigori. Also, ask who he follows and who he thinks we should take our orders from.

If we ask this sort of thing or contemplate rebellion, Melachim meat pies, etc. put it in spoilers. Diog confirmed that Melachim will not overhear the parts of our self debating with one another in spoilers. Of course he could be lying, or a Melachim could be lying, but we know that could never happen.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Are you still having fun? Do you enjoy the debating or do you just stick to reading Diog's updates? How would you describe your approach to gameplay/voting in six words or less? Does the story still interest you? Just how badly do you want to end all existence?

In any case, I'm pretty happy that Whatever's been watching us has moved on.

Let's not ask this

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ask Ishamal if he really sterilized us or if he merely did something to appease the Grigori.

This is an inflammatory question and a rather silly one as well. Why would he go through all that just to not sterilize us? It's not like the Melachim can't find out and wouldn't punish him accordingly.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I'd ask it like this :
Is that it? I didn't even feel anything!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Sogol posted:

If we ask this sort of thing or contemplate rebellion, Melachim meat pies, etc. put it in spoilers. Diog confirmed that Melachim will not overhear the parts of our self debating with one another in spoilers. Of course he could be lying, or a Melachim could be lying, but we know that could never happen.

You mean you want to hide things in spoilers so the melachim can't read our thoughts?! HERESY! I like it. This would allow us to kill things and eat their hearts.

fake edit: Oh poo poo, I forgot spoilers.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Deadmeat5150 posted:

You mean you want to hide things in spoilers so the melachim can't read our thoughts?! HERESY! I like it. This would allow us to kill things and eat their hearts.

fake edit: Oh poo poo, I forgot spoilers.

well, it could be that. Suppose for instance you thought Dad was being held prisoner by the Melachim and wanted to plan about that. Or suppose that some part of Ishamal talking to us is a result of him being watched and the need to be sufficiently severe and loyal in the way he dealt with us. I am not saying that is happening, just considering.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

FoxTerrier posted:

...unless I'm mistaken, you've been arguing for several pages now how it's wrong for someone to make choices about another person's fertility without their full and willful consent.

...and now you want us to make a choice about another person's fertility...without their knowledge or consent?

...Wha? :psyduck:

A few points:
We aren't robbing Naomi of her fertility. It's a minor point, but that was closer to the ballpark of my own arguments.

More to my reasoning for that anti-vote: I honestly don't know how much traction Plan Stick a Different Baby in Her and Say it's Ours has.
If that ends up winning, then it's going to raise some question marks when she does have the kid.
Sure, we could try to play it off as "Yaaay, El fixed my balls.", but there's the chance she doesn't buy that, depending on how much we tell her about the sterilization.

As for Plan Bard's Tale and my less eloquent detractors (to my more elegant detractors, we cool.),
I mostly want to try and get some more of our life back under our control. Ishamal has made it pretty clear that he and Those To Be Named Later are going to be handing us our marching orders.
I want to see if he even plans on letting us leave, since our Power isn't capped, and we'd have plenty of time during any time skips to see if leaving even remains feasible.
And we aren't forsaking the Balls. We can always be the Jarlaxle to Paebel's Kimmuriel, keep a controlling stake in the company while establishing connections and doing cool poo poo in other places.
We play our cards right, we can have Balls and businesses that answer to us in every city, so long as we stay out of the church's business.
We could be a Mighty tycoon, maybe establish a chain of Balls of Labaras theme restaurants.

On the whole, it's supposed to be Enkidel coming to the decision that
"No one plans on telling me anything. They're going to keep that as a carrot on a stick for as long as I let them. So, I'm going to take that leverage away from them by getting on with my life and being the sort of badass hero I always wanted to be. And maybe subtly lay the foundations for a global corporate takeover, if I decide to swing that way later on."

Is it a little bit petulant? Sure, I'll own up to that, but it's not supposed to be a grand proclamation of gently caress YOU I QUIT, it's supposed to be Enkidel wanting to find a direction for himself without other forces (well intentioned or otherwise) trying to nudge him one way or the other.
I want us to live the life I thought Ishamal was leading, except cooler, with a wife and a dog instead of corporate Melachim overhead, and see what revelations develop from that. Find our Burning Bush, or force a hand and see what we can learn of our destiny.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ishamal didn't even touch our balls when he zapped us.

I bet he just gave us ED or something.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Rahul posted:

"Thats it" Ishamal says.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Diogines posted:

"Thats it" Ishamal says.

Ok. Now cough.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Rahul posted:

I'd ask it like this :

Oh! We missed our chance. We should have acted like it was extremely painful. "AAAAGH! Oh, Ishamal! The pain! Ooohhh!" I wanted to pull his leg.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

the_steve posted:

A few points:
We aren't robbing Naomi of her fertility. It's a minor point, but that was closer to the ballpark of my own arguments.

More to my reasoning for that anti-vote: I honestly don't know how much traction Plan Stick a Different Baby in Her and Say it's Ours has.
If that ends up winning, then it's going to raise some question marks when she does have the kid.
Sure, we could try to play it off as "Yaaay, El fixed my balls.", but there's the chance she doesn't buy that, depending on how much we tell her about the sterilization.

We're absolutely robbing Naomi of her fertility by marrying her while sterile.

This isn't the modern age. Unless I am greatly mistaken, there is no divorce. When Naomi weds us, she weds for life. That means if we cannot give her babies, nobody can—well, unless she wants to risk a stoning. She may have all her plumbing intact, but she will be effectively sterile.

I'm 99% sure Naomi loves us enough she'll be willing to endure this (which will surely be a very difficult place for a woman to have in a society that emphasizes the woman's role as child bearer above all), but the element of choice is crucial. She needs to be allowed to decide to have kids if she wants, and that means talking to her before we wed, so if she decides she isn't willing to sacrifice she can go marry someone fertile.

If we take that choice away from her, how are we better than the overbearing Melachim we've been complaining about?

Plan Creepy Baby lost out last round btw. But even if we do go back to it, that just means her giving her consent first—which, frankly, is pretty crucial to rendering it less creepy (although it's still pretty goddamn creepy—seriously, just where is Ish planning on getting the souls for these golumn babies?). Or, we decide to be Creepazoids and not tell her, and she believes it's a miracle (as you suggest). Hardly an impossible thing to believe in this society, where Melachim reward the righteous etc.

So, yeah. If we're going to bitch about people trying to mess with our decisions regarding our fertiliy, then we owe it to Naomi to let her make her own regarding hers.

Let her know we're sterile. Let her choose to be barren with us, or fertile with another man.

It's the Right Thing To Do. :colbert:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 16, 2014

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Nolaterif posted:

You're convincing me that we're better off killing the character. If we're such a risk that even the deities can't control the destruction we can cause, we're honestly better off dead.

You're on the same page as Ishamal then, because he also thought that us dying would be the safest most prudent solution.

Possibly unfortunately for Ur, that conflicts with our goal as players, which is to have fun playing as a world-breaking badass.

e - I'm going to throw in and vote to tell naomi, it's the right thing to do imo.

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat

FoxTerrier posted:

We're absolutely robbing Naomi of her fertility by marrying her while sterile.

This isn't the modern age. Unless I am greatly mistaken, there is no divorce. When Naomi weds us, she weds for life. That means if we cannot give her babies, nobody can—well, unless she wants to risk a stoning. She may have all her plumbing intact, but she will be effectively sterile.

I'm 99% sure Naomi loves us enough she'll be willing to endure this (which will surely be a very difficult place for a woman to have in a society that emphasizes the woman's role as child bearer above all), but the element of choice is crucial. She needs to be allowed to decide to have kids if she wants, and that means talking to her before we wed, so if she decides she wants babies she can go marry someone fertile.

If we take that choice away from her, how are we better than the overbearing Melachim we've been complaining about?

Plan Creepy Baby lost out last round btw. But even if we do go back to it, that just means her giving her consent first—which, frankly, is pretty crucial to rendering it less creepy (although it's still pretty goddamn creepy—seriously, just where is Ish planning on getting the souls for these golumn babies?). Or, we decide to be Creepazoids and not tell her, and she believes it's a miracle (as you suggest). Hardly an impossible thing to believe in this society, where Melachim reward the righteous etc.

So, yeah. If we're going to bitch about people trying to make decisions regarding to our fertiliy, then we owe it to Naomi to make her own regarding hers.

Let her know we're sterile. Let her choose to be barren with us, or fertile with another man.

It's the Right Thing To Do. :colbert:

I agree.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Very good points.
Like I said, my biggest reason was that I thought Plan Creepy Baby was still on the table and didn't want to jump the gun on that.
If it's out, then sure, I'll vote yes to telling her.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I do not anticipate another update tonight, sorry folks. We will tomorrow.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

While we tell her that we can tell her about plan creepy baby and see what she says - if she's down for it and Ishamal explains a little more about how it would work, it'd be cool with me.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Mr. Wednesday posted:

While we tell her that we can tell her about plan creepy baby and see what she says - if she's down for it and Ishamal explains a little more about how it would work, it'd be cool with me.

I'd be ok with creepy baby plan if Naomi wants to do it. I prefer adoption, but I guess a sperm donor or whatever the gently caress Ishamal plans on doing is ok too.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Hey dio. Im not voting to eat something right now but i just wanted you to know that your games have been fantastic. Theyre not only just fun to read as a story. Theyre challenging, intellectually and emotionally. And the whole setup is really unpredictable. We know you take massive information from current and former religions and cultures but change them or combine them in unpredictable ways. Its fantastic. Keep up what you are doing and take as much time as you want. Its great

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Basscop posted:

Hey dio. Im not voting to eat something right now

I vote to eat Basscop. ENKIDEL EAT BASSCOP!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Basscop posted:

Hey dio. Im not voting to eat something right now

What have you done with the real Basscop?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I'm not opposed to plan creepy baby, although I don't really care either way, I'm not going to be put out if we don't have surrogate kids either. I wonder if the Creepy Baby monicker is scaring people away though; maybe call it Jesus Baby? Pretty sure whatever the plan is would involve some sort of immaculate conception type deal. We have all the sex, but then instead of the baby-making process taking the normal, arduous, biological route, some Melachim waves its hand and takes the shortcut, creating the equivalent baby, just without the superhero genes.

It's artificial insemination/genetic screening but with magic.

Honestly, I expect it's been going on quite frequently, as I've said before. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the Melachim have been engaging in some sort of eugenics program, and many of what would otherwise be Tudiya's super-children have been secretly tampered with, to ensure that only girls or boys of relatively low power-levels are produced. I half expect that the majority of his kids are the result of the Creepy Baby directive, with conception being either prevented or immediately terminated and a designer baby secretly installed. Hell, Naomi herself was probably a Creepy Baby.

Jesus was a pretty creepy baby though, I guess.

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

Mr. Wednesday posted:

You're on the same page as Ishamal then, because he also thought that us dying would be the safest most prudent solution.

For some strange (possibly heretical) reason, Ishamal and I agreeing on this matter is not giving me the warm fuzzies, nor is it making me feel any more inclined to worship the Melachim.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
I just ate half a deer so shut up guys. Sometimes the hunger is sated. Shut up before i get hungry again

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Basscop posted:

I just ate half a deer so shut up guys. Sometimes the hunger is sated. Shut up before i get hungry again

Sorry what was that? I was too busy eating the other half that you took your eyes off of. It's gone now, I stole it. KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME BASSCOP!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Basscop posted:

Hey dio. Im not voting to eat something right now but i just wanted you to know that your games have been fantastic. Theyre not only just fun to read as a story. Theyre challenging, intellectually and emotionally. And the whole setup is really unpredictable. We know you take massive information from current and former religions and cultures but change them or combine them in unpredictable ways. Its fantastic. Keep up what you are doing and take as much time as you want. Its great

This.
I have a blast immersing myself in your worlds.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Dio, this is what I check first any time I come back to a computer. I want to know what's happened in the game. Really, a fantastic job. Great story, heart-wrenching decisions and such a cool world.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Theglavwen posted:

I'm not opposed to plan creepy baby, although I don't really care either way, I'm not going to be put out if we don't have surrogate kids either. I wonder if the Creepy Baby monicker is scaring people away though; maybe call it Jesus Baby? Pretty sure whatever the plan is would involve some sort of immaculate conception type deal. We have all the sex, but then instead of the baby-making process taking the normal, arduous, biological route, some Melachim waves its hand and takes the shortcut, creating the equivalent baby, just without the superhero genes.

It's artificial insemination/genetic screening but with magic.

Honestly, I expect it's been going on quite frequently, as I've said before. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the Melachim have been engaging in some sort of eugenics program, and many of what would otherwise be Tudiya's super-children have been secretly tampered with, to ensure that only girls or boys of relatively low power-levels are produced. I half expect that the majority of his kids are the result of the Creepy Baby directive, with conception being either prevented or immediately terminated and a designer baby secretly installed. Hell, Naomi herself was probably a Creepy Baby.

Jesus was a pretty creepy baby though, I guess.

Jesus got into some weird poo poo as a kid. I mean, if you were the messiah, would you use your powers responsibly or smite the local bully with dragons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Raserys posted:

Jesus got into some weird poo poo as a kid. I mean, if you were the messiah, would you use your powers responsibly or smite the local bully with dragons?

I think you messed that up a bit; yes, I would use my powers responsibly and smite the local bully with dragons.