Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

What incentive is there to not spoof and relay future timestamps? (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 44 minutes ago by 653812345

I understand that the default node behaviour is to not relay blocks with timestamps that differ from the node's time by too much. But it seems like it would be most profitable for miners and nodes to push their time stamps as far into the future as they think they could get away with. I think this is about 2 hours into the future if everyone follows the rules. But it seems to me that there is very little incentive to follow those rules. If the majority of the miners agree to propagate future time stamps, then everyone else has no choice but to follow suit.

Future time stamps will lower the difficulty at the next difficulty calculation and result in a larger payoff being split between all of the miners. That means it's in every miners best interest to produce and relay incorrect time stamps. Effectively we could burn through all of the coins set to be produced between now and 2040 at a much faster rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I knew a kid whos parents let him sell his bed to buy a 3d0

probably a better investment.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
[–]folhowk 7 points 4 hours ago

The only reason anyone should be selling is if they intend to buy back in at a lower price because of people panic selling. The Bitcoin network is stronger than ever.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Finally found it: how to explain bitcoin at a cocktail party (and she'll still like you...)

I say... the Internet makes everything better right? Email is better than sending letters, Google is better than card catalogs at a library. But we didn’t have real Internet money until recently. It turns out there was a really good reason: How do I know you didn't copy your Internet money and send it to someone else before you sent it to me? Meaning, you used the same money twice. Well this long standing problem only got solved a few years back by some unknown genius and now we have real Internet money. Soon the whole world will be using it, just like Email and Google.
[Edit] and yes, it also works for girls talking to boys at a cocktail party

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Mt. Gox is in Beta so if you have any problems or suggestions please let us know:

feedback@mtgox.com
Magic the Gathering, Magic the Gathering Online and MTGO are all trademarks of Wizards of the Coast.

MTGOX.com is in no way affiliated with Wizards of the Coast.
Patent pending.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

So which is it? Forced Refunds or the The Law (tm)? You can't have it both ways. Stop being a hypocrite.*

* Not just directed at RickJamesBTC, but everyone else who is picking and choosing to call it "Forced Refunds" when it suits your complaint and "The Law" when it doesn't.

--

You haven't made any valid points with regards to you (and those following your same flawed logic) being a hypocrite. You claim on one day it's required by the FTC and then the next day claim it's a "Force Refund" like it was against your will.

BFL had to deal with this and I find it exceptionally egregious, but up until now, I had no solid case evidence for the hypocritical nature of the whiners and complainers... now I do. BFL offered full refunds without question up until we started shipping. At that time, we forced everyone to either opt-in, by having to login to their account, read the agreement and then click that they accept the agreement that there would be no further refunds... If they failed to do so or disagreed, they would be given a refund. After more than a month (almost two!), we stopped refunds. Now BFL is villified for not giving refunds, even though we offered them unconditionally for months and then forced people to agree to no refunds before their order would proceed. So now we have people screaming and crying about the FTC regulations (which they obviously don't understand, but we'll leave that for a different discussion.) and how BFL is required to give refunds. Now we have Hashfast, who is forcing those self same refunds on people and people are crying and screaming about Forced Refunds.

This just demonstrates that it was absolutely, unequivocally the right decision by BFL on how we handled the situation.

TL;DR: No matter what a company does, there will always be the whiners and criers about how it's done... that being said, it's best to do what's good for the continued existence of the company. If you're going to have to deal with the disgruntled people no matter what, then keep the company a float so you can handle the problems instead of going out of business trying to satisfy the unsatisfiable. I believe that's what might be happening with Hashfast right now - they are doing the best they can in a really crappy situation. Maybe I'm completely off base and incorrect about it, but having been on both sides of the equation now, that's what it looks like to me. But that is purely my opinion.

--

Another lie from dropt! Who'dathunkit?

BFL is behind by less than a month, if you can even classify it as being behind, since we never promised a shipping date. Be that as it may, if history repeats itself, we'll be right on target and timeframe for the Monarch. Our second generation FPGA was underpromised and overdelivered as far as performance goes... if history repeats itself, the second generation ASIC will be as well.

--

I'm sorry if you've missed it before when I've clearly stated it, but if you are running away because of my posts, that is good. You are not the type of customer we want. We want customers capable of rationally assessing a situation and being able to extract the truth from the lies. If you are running away because of my posts, you are not in that category and we do not want you as a customer. You will require way too much hand holding and attention, eventually costing more to keep you as a customer though your unrealistic expectations and unreasonable requests than you generate in revenue. We highly encourage you to seek out our competition and inflict yourself upon them at your earliest opportunity.

--

I have asked myself that many times and our sales figures would make you out to be completely wrong. Every time I go on a posting spree, our sales jump. As much as you'd like to believe people are a vapid and ignorant as you would have the trolls believe, they aren't. Most of our customers are pretty smart and they see right through the trollish behavior and are, at worst, ambivalent about my posts. Many of them are entertained by it and that's why I do it, it's entertainment for the enlightened and rage inducing for the ignorant. Just look at the frothing at the mouth we get from people like LittleD and Bicknellski... it's like tapping on a fishtank and watching the fish jump, but without the animal cruelty.

Poor little Bick, Syke, LittleD, et al do everything I want them to do whenever I want them to do it and they think it's their own idea. It's actually quite glorious, to be honest, and it's why I keep coming back. If they, and those like them, failed to perform on command, I really wouldn't have a reason to continue to post. Lest you think I'm letting a secret out, I've said this numerous times before, just the puppets change... The first time I spilled the beans about this, I was afraid it would ruin the effect, but to my surprise it did absolutely nothing to lessen the effect, as there seems to be a limitless supply if easily pliable trolls to take the place of the ones that eventually wither away.

While I would like to see much more active moderation on these forums to eliminate the trolls, it would make me quite a bit less effective without my little puppets to play with. But on balance, it would be much better for the community. One can only hope.

--

Bump all you want, the only people that care are the same trolls that are bumping along with you. You say the same things over and over so many times that anyone with half a brain tuned you out a long time ago, just like an Enzyte commercial. The only thing anyone even remembers from your pointless, endless tirades is the name BFL. Thank you for advertising us, we appreciate it.

--

Don't you love how people feel the need to tell you they are putting you on their ignore list? Like it is some monumental occasion that you are being ignored by someone who has no influence on any facet of life.

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point? The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him. Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

...! posted:

So which is it? Forced Refunds or the The Law (tm)? You can't have it both ways. Stop being a hypocrite.*

* Not just directed at RickJamesBTC, but everyone else who is picking and choosing to call it "Forced Refunds" when it suits your complaint and "The Law" when it doesn't.

--

You haven't made any valid points with regards to you (and those following your same flawed logic) being a hypocrite. You claim on one day it's required by the FTC and then the next day claim it's a "Force Refund" like it was against your will.

BFL had to deal with this and I find it exceptionally egregious, but up until now, I had no solid case evidence for the hypocritical nature of the whiners and complainers... now I do. BFL offered full refunds without question up until we started shipping. At that time, we forced everyone to either opt-in, by having to login to their account, read the agreement and then click that they accept the agreement that there would be no further refunds... If they failed to do so or disagreed, they would be given a refund. After more than a month (almost two!), we stopped refunds. Now BFL is villified for not giving refunds, even though we offered them unconditionally for months and then forced people to agree to no refunds before their order would proceed. So now we have people screaming and crying about the FTC regulations (which they obviously don't understand, but we'll leave that for a different discussion.) and how BFL is required to give refunds. Now we have Hashfast, who is forcing those self same refunds on people and people are crying and screaming about Forced Refunds.

This just demonstrates that it was absolutely, unequivocally the right decision by BFL on how we handled the situation.

TL;DR: No matter what a company does, there will always be the whiners and criers about how it's done... that being said, it's best to do what's good for the continued existence of the company. If you're going to have to deal with the disgruntled people no matter what, then keep the company a float so you can handle the problems instead of going out of business trying to satisfy the unsatisfiable. I believe that's what might be happening with Hashfast right now - they are doing the best they can in a really crappy situation. Maybe I'm completely off base and incorrect about it, but having been on both sides of the equation now, that's what it looks like to me. But that is purely my opinion.

--

Another lie from dropt! Who'dathunkit?

BFL is behind by less than a month, if you can even classify it as being behind, since we never promised a shipping date. Be that as it may, if history repeats itself, we'll be right on target and timeframe for the Monarch. Our second generation FPGA was underpromised and overdelivered as far as performance goes... if history repeats itself, the second generation ASIC will be as well.

--

I'm sorry if you've missed it before when I've clearly stated it, but if you are running away because of my posts, that is good. You are not the type of customer we want. We want customers capable of rationally assessing a situation and being able to extract the truth from the lies. If you are running away because of my posts, you are not in that category and we do not want you as a customer. You will require way too much hand holding and attention, eventually costing more to keep you as a customer though your unrealistic expectations and unreasonable requests than you generate in revenue. We highly encourage you to seek out our competition and inflict yourself upon them at your earliest opportunity.

--

I have asked myself that many times and our sales figures would make you out to be completely wrong. Every time I go on a posting spree, our sales jump. As much as you'd like to believe people are a vapid and ignorant as you would have the trolls believe, they aren't. Most of our customers are pretty smart and they see right through the trollish behavior and are, at worst, ambivalent about my posts. Many of them are entertained by it and that's why I do it, it's entertainment for the enlightened and rage inducing for the ignorant. Just look at the frothing at the mouth we get from people like LittleD and Bicknellski... it's like tapping on a fishtank and watching the fish jump, but without the animal cruelty.

Poor little Bick, Syke, LittleD, et al do everything I want them to do whenever I want them to do it and they think it's their own idea. It's actually quite glorious, to be honest, and it's why I keep coming back. If they, and those like them, failed to perform on command, I really wouldn't have a reason to continue to post. Lest you think I'm letting a secret out, I've said this numerous times before, just the puppets change... The first time I spilled the beans about this, I was afraid it would ruin the effect, but to my surprise it did absolutely nothing to lessen the effect, as there seems to be a limitless supply if easily pliable trolls to take the place of the ones that eventually wither away.

While I would like to see much more active moderation on these forums to eliminate the trolls, it would make me quite a bit less effective without my little puppets to play with. But on balance, it would be much better for the community. One can only hope.

--

Bump all you want, the only people that care are the same trolls that are bumping along with you. You say the same things over and over so many times that anyone with half a brain tuned you out a long time ago, just like an Enzyte commercial. The only thing anyone even remembers from your pointless, endless tirades is the name BFL. Thank you for advertising us, we appreciate it.

--

Don't you love how people feel the need to tell you they are putting you on their ignore list? Like it is some monumental occasion that you are being ignored by someone who has no influence on any facet of life.

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point? The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him. Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.

same

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
how's that bfl lawsuit coming along anyway

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

transfatphobic posted:

lmao wait you went to rit too?

jesus christ how many other yosposers are similarly scarred

i think were up to 4
i got a friend who went there, prob graduated '10. for a living he teaches startups to be disruptive or some poo poo

tonight we had dinner with a bunch of people including him and buttcoin came up. he thought it was great and had just bought two more, because bank transfers are slow and when he travels internationally he sometimes can't use the atm. like when he went to china with no cash, no knowledge of the country, and without checking if his debit card would work, it didn't. we know this guy is basically a bad ideas machine and i stayed out of it but my gf couldn't keep herself from getting into it and argued for way too long

suffice it to say he dismissed any arguments that in any way cited the drug trade as a bad thing by saying "DDDrrrUUUUgggs!"

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
there's like a bazillion goons who went to RIt back in the day so i'd imagine that there are some yosposters

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

PhantomBowie posted:

So I know cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are frowned upon here. I'm not big into it, but one of my friends(lets call him Bob) makes some side cash by mining smaller cryptocurrencies and trading up to bitcoins. Well a new coin was just released, called CryptoApples. Generally you can mine coins by joining a "pool", where you work as a team to find blocks containing coins and then the profit is split on how much work your "miners" (machines) did. Before this coin was released, Bob posted in the announcement thread that he created a pool and people are welcome to preregister so they can be ready to mine right away. The creator of the coin deletes his post and claims he needs to have permission to do such a thing (which is kind of against what the community is about). Bob has a small :psyduck: moment and then continues on with his day.

An hour before the coin launches, Bob notices the coin creator published the source code of the coin onto GitHub (a well known site for hosting/sharing code projects). Bob downloads the source code and begins mining an hour before launch. Now cryptocurrencies have what they call a "Genesis Block", the first group of coins which contains a ton of coins that is usually meant for the creator. Being an hour early, Bob gets the "Genesis Block" which contains 60,000 coins compared to a normal 16 coins per block. At this point, I don't think the creators knew this happened. Another group of people found the source code and announced they had a pool that you could actually begin mining on. Soon the creator began threatening to make a branch(think of it like a new version of a game, and the devs do a player wipe) to ignore the early coins so they delay the coins release. This makes the community angry so they took the already released source code and rehosted it, essentially making their own coin...named the Crapple (abv: CRAP). The community then started to wonder who took the Genesis Block, which when Bob reveals he took it, the creator chimes in to say they actually have it. Bob uploads a screenshot as proof, creator keeps showing up in the thread posting huge red text messages trying to discourage people from joining in, laughs and good times are had. Bob has good intentions, he plans to distribute his virtual wealth as rewards that fans of the coin can earn.

Not being too big into this stuff, I still enjoyed it. Here is a link to the "takeover" thread, may have a tough time following if you are new to it. And if someone can think of a better way to describe branching, please do.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=n6bmfglpcuacthlua3kuqnahl5&topic=469910.0

I believe at the moment, they are still releasing CryptoApples, but CRAP seems to be off to a good start.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
if i were making a cryptocoin called apples, mining would have been called bobbing

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i wonder how they liked THOSE apples

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Robawesome posted:

Help! My parents wouldn't let me buy bitcoin, so I took the advice of a Redditor and had them pretend I bought some. Now they're refusing to let me sell! (self.Bitcoin)

im the rich businessdad

also

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Robawesome posted:

i'm an idiot for this much effort, i know, but these loving people

i like that he says 'equity, stocks', as though he doesnt know what equities are and just threw in that word to sound smart

wait

oh

also lol at anyone who doesnt think trustworthy deposit insurance is the best thing ever; a finance equivalent to discovering penicillin

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Progressive JPEG posted:

also lol at anyone who doesnt think trustworthy deposit insurance is the best thing ever; a finance equivalent to discovering penicillin

ie the second most important boon to human health after sanitation, which in this tortuous analogy is proper bank regulation

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Joementum posted:

in other words: gas

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lmao

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

man log out before you screencap your sick reddit ownages, dude

surebet
Jan 10, 2013

specialist

MtGox has taken 275081 BTC and $17,734,275 USD in fees over the past 3.5 years. How can they be insolvent? (self.BitcoinMarkets)
submitted 13 hours ago* by tha_funkee_redditor
Those two numbers are AND. They have taken 275k BTC from buyers and $17.7M from sellers.

Here's the data in visual format: http://i.imgur.com/DFgZc0M.png

In this chart, I just added together their fiat fees with their BTC fees converted to the average BTC rate of that day. As you can see, there were some days in the big run-up of November/December where they were bringing in around $0.75M per day.

If you would like to see this data for yourself, you can follow these instructions:

Copy the data from http://pastebin.com/QiY3NvF6 into a notepad.

Save it as a .csv file.

Open the .csv using Excel.

I can't see how MtGox is insolvent. I have to assume that they were keeping a very large chunk of that 275k BTC as an investment.

surebet
Jan 10, 2013

specialist

surebet posted:

MtGox has taken 275081 BTC and $17,734,275 USD in fees over the past 3.5 years. How can they be insolvent? (self.BitcoinMarkets)

i'll look it over this afternoon, i'd be curious to figure out how hosed they are from this

off the top of my head the filthy fiat portion of these fees have been essentially wiped out by the seizures minus a couple mil, the actual level of gently caress'edness will depend on if/when they converted butts to cash, especially if the staggering crash of the last week is them spiking their own numbers by selling like crazy

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
how many millions did they lose from the feds

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

wasnt it $10 million?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

hitler had the right idea, he was just wrong about monetary economics. if only he'd been austrian.

This is the best post in the thread in a long time.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Someone edit that to show dogebatman causing 9/11.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Conan O'Brien tweets, "Wow. Strippers get angry if you make it rain Bitcoins." (twitter.com)

submitted 6 hours ago by toobrider1

[–]tormented-atoms 21 points 5 hours ago

Conan O'Brien @ConanOBrien

10,050,085 FOLLOWERS

I wonder how many of these had never heard of Bitcoin before today.

[–]dsterry 4 points 4 hours ago

By trying the joke, i think Conan must think a significant number either have heard about it or should learn more about it. Either way...

[–]cbeast 4 points 2 hours ago

The idiom "make it rain" implies paper notes descending like precipitation. The joke being that Bitcoin is electronic and does't transfer wealth in this manner.

[–]emptyvoices -6 points 3 hours ago

Seriously though....

I like conan, love bitcoin. I know what "make it rain" means.

I don't really get how you would make it rain bitcoins and not have a stripper approve. To make it rain in the first place you'd need her wallet key. And if she had one, she would be familiar with bitcoin and clearly be thrilled with the precipitation she just received

I assume it is a joke that bitcoin is a silly virtual currency and the stripper disapproved because she felt like you had just given her some neopoints or something.

[–]Market-Anarchist 0 points 1 hour ago

I've seen several famous comedians now make Bitcoin jokes on twitter, and all of them suck. And I also don't really "get" any of them either. Maybe Conan thinks Bitcoins are actually metal coins like the stupid mainstream media always shows pictures of. That would definitely suck to be a stripper getting pelted with metal coins. I don't know.

[–]Cross_of_Coronado 2 points 3 hours ago

If this is real, I think it's quite a big thing. Him dropping the word bitcoin out of nowhere will send some on a search

[–]InsaneWorrier 6 points 4 hours ago

So anytime any celebrity mentions Bitcoin, even in a stupid joke, it's newsworthy? :/

[–]mackycee 9 points 3 hours ago

YES. Anything mentioned about BTC that ISN'T a crash is welcome news to anyone invested in BTC, in hopes that they may be able to break-even on their investment in 18-24 months

[–]popeyepaul 0 points 43 minutes ago

Well, yes it is, because it tells us that the word about bitcoin is getting out there to the mainstream public, which is great news about the adoption rate. Conan isn't even an IT guy like Bill Gates, who you might expect to have heard about it.

[–]SwagDaddyMcNasty 6 points 4 hours ago

Funny. I was joking with a buddy of mine saying I had an idea for THE killer bitcoin app..

At the strip club, put a large QR code at the front of the stage. A different one for each stripper. You load up your "make it rain bitcoin" app, scan the QR code, and you're ready to make it rain on them hoes. With the app open, you walk up to the stage, hold your smartphone in one hand, and with your other hand you swipe the screen over and over (you know, the universal "make it rain" gesture). Each swipe sends one mBTC.

Maybe set up some sort of green flashing lights on stage that flash every time the stripper gets a milibit. Could even set up some sort of off the blockchain deal to not spam it.. and send all the coins in one transaction at the end of the night

[–]specialenmity 3 points 4 hours ago

I think this is an insult towards bitcoin but i'll take it.

[–]SwellJoe 2 points 3 hours ago

I know this is not true. I have friends who are sex workers. They were among the first people accepting Bitcoins in my circle of friends.

[–]pluribusblanks 2 points 2 hours ago

Bitcoin is the only way to make it rain over the internet with no possibility of chargebacks.

[–]Onetallnerd 1 point 2 hours ago

Someone tip him some on twitter :)

[–]soepkip87 1 point 1 hour ago

There will be a time when we go to a stripclub we pay for 100 singles with BTC and spent them all on making it rain.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
[–]daph2004 1 point 24 seconds ago

As was already said they will not die. They are collecting fee right now and then just continue operation. It is very dangerous for gox to declare bankruptcy. People know who director is and where he is living.
[/quote]

It's Karmarket

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
if people knew anything about the director they wouldnt do buisness with mtgox

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Remember that time that ButtCoiners tried to convince strippers/cam whores to take Butts, and then got schooled by the people who actually knows anything about economics and business? That was fun :)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

...! posted:

[–]SwagDaddyMcNasty 6 points 4 hours ago

Funny. I was joking with a buddy of mine saying I had an idea for THE killer bitcoin app..

At the strip club, put a large QR code at the front of the stage. A different one for each stripper. You load up your "make it rain bitcoin" app, scan the QR code, and you're ready to make it rain on them hoes. With the app open, you walk up to the stage, hold your smartphone in one hand, and with your other hand you swipe the screen over and over (you know, the universal "make it rain" gesture). Each swipe sends one mBTC.

Maybe set up some sort of green flashing lights on stage that flash every time the stripper gets a milibit. Could even set up some sort of off the blockchain deal to not spam it.. and send all the coins in one transaction at the end of the night
egad

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

:ughh:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it is sort of sad when you come off pathetic in your own wild imagination

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

But then how will other niggas in the club know who got the biggest stack

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

zokie posted:

Remember that time that ButtCoiners tried to convince strippers/cam whores to take Butts, and then got schooled by the people who actually knows anything about economics and business? That was fun :)

the buttcoiner couldn't even spell their fake name consistently from one post to another

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Supposedly there's two incidents but wasnt one of Romanian gypsy lord Mercy poopscoop who Was trying to reach goons a lesson?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Tokyo, Japan, February 17th, 201

Dear MtGox Customers,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the recent suspension of external bitcoin transfers. Fortunately, as we announced on Saturday we have now implemented a solution that should enable withdrawals and mitigate any issues caused by transaction malleability (please see our previous statements for details on this issue).

Thanks to our friends at Blockchain.info, MtGox now has a workaround that will use a unique identifier created by Blockchain to show whether transactions have been modified or not. This will prevent any fraudulent use of the malleability issue and protect the assets of our customers.

Resuming Withdrawals

With this new system in place, MtGox should be able to resume withdrawals soon. At the beginning we will do so at a moderated pace and with new daily/monthly limits in place to prevent any problems with the new system and to take into account current market conditions.

* In order to launch the new system, we are going through the following steps:
* Re-indexing the entire Blockchain (approx. 32 million entries)
* Fully deploying the new NTX ID
* Implementing a new bitcoin withdrawal queue that needs to be tested

We will update everyone again by Thursday at the latest.

Additionally, you may have noticed that we have added a new login system that sends you an email when you successfully access your account. This is an additional security layer, but as always we strongly encourage our customers to use the 2-step authorization options available in our Security Center.

Thank you again for your support, and we look forward to resume bitcoin withdrawals as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

MtGox Team

surebet
Jan 10, 2013

specialist

Joementum posted:

Dear MtGox Customers,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the recent suspension of external bitcoin transfers. Fortunately, as we announced on Saturday we have now implemented a solution that should enable withdrawals and mitigate any issues caused by transaction malleability (please see our previous statements for details on this issue).

Thanks to our friends at Blockchain.info, MtGox now has a workaround that will use a unique identifier created by Blockchain to show whether transactions have been modified or not. This will prevent any fraudulent use of the malleability issue and protect the assets of our customers.

Resuming Withdrawals

With this new system in place, MtGox should be able to resume withdrawals soon. At the beginning we will do so at a moderated pace and with new daily/monthly limits in place to prevent any problems with the new system and to take into account current market conditions.

* In order to launch the new system, we are going through the following steps:
* Re-indexing the entire Blockchain (approx. 32 million entries)
* Fully deploying the new NTX ID
* Implementing a new bitcoin withdrawal queue that needs to be tested

We will update everyone again by Thursday at the latest.

Additionally, you may have noticed that we have added a new login system that sends you an email when you successfully access your account. This is an additional security layer, but as always we strongly encourage our customers to use the 2-step authorization options available in our Security Center.

Thank you again for your support, and we look forward to resume bitcoin withdrawals as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

MtGox Team

this arouses me

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

another piece of the infrastructure randomly centralized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Dear MtGox Customers,

[...]

Resuming Withdrawals

[...]

lmao they will institute a hilariously low limit to keep the entire supply of butts from leaving gox in one explosive fart a millisecond after they open the buttgates

• Locked thread