Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I'm using NVEC and I like almost all of the tweaks except for the really intrusive collectibles stuff and the CHEMS mod that takes some crafting recipes and puts them on chemistry sets instead. Problem with that is it fucks with all the housing that doesn't have any chemistry sets, since there's no reason to need one in the base game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
With the "rebuilt" NVEC I've run into a bit of a stumbling block. I want to include the new companion mods (Sunny Smiles, Ulysses and Marcus) but due to the way the game handles the speech files, I'm going to have to rename all the sound/lip files to be updated with the new dialog form-ids since merging them makes it necessary to do so otherwise they conflict heavily with other stuff.

A pain in the rear end, as you can imagine, so I'll probably be saving those for last. Here's what's included so far:

http://pastebin.com/zN2fUUPE

e: I've also added in improved menu screens, as I think it's good to make a positive impression right from the start

I managed to find an NCR Ranger being set upon by about 10 powder gangers who blew her up. I stole her armor/AM rifle and managed to get the Truck Base. The green glow is the Ghoulish Glow perk from SmileyTop's perks (testing to make sure everything worked)

e2: The Mobile Truck Base is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J361P7Doj-E

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Feb 17, 2014

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
So tinkering with FNVedit I created a new merged patch for the mods. Tried to play with the new master and it crashed again. Saddened I disabled the FOOK-FCO comp patch expecting more sorrows... loaded the game and what the gently caress. The menu... oh my god the menu it loaded. It didn't crash!

I knew it would be some simple solution... and I guess I'll just never know what FOOK does for character creation. But I don't care... these mods look beautiful man.

missionaccomplished.jpg

Thanks for the help my Fair Bear Maiden.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Naky posted:

Also, there seems to be a few people here who are actively playing the game. After like double digit month hiatus from everyone involved, we're almost ready to release the merged Millenia weapons pack. But I'm gonna need testers. If you wanna try this thing and are actually going to play the game and test the mod for us, add me on steam - steamcommunity.com/id/nakyrules/

It's not fully ready yet but it's awfully close.

Just sent a friend request on Steam, would love to get in on this.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Will they cause issues like that awful Freeside redone mod? save game corruption issues?

Which freeside redone mod exactly and what corruption issues?

King Doom fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 17, 2014

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Ddraig posted:

Awesome set of mods

Thank you very much for doing this! I can't wait to fire up NV again with this.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

King Doom posted:

Just sent a friend request on Steam, would love to get in on this.

Which freeside redone mod exactly and what corruption issues?

I think I picked the first one that done ages ago, which they crammed full of some of the removed content and made Freeside in general a CTD black hole. It got so bad I couldn't complete the most basic quests so I nuked the mod from my HD and started a new game.

It is the one where they cleaned the place up and removed that weird sound of plate breaking/junk grinding.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

8bitlawd posted:

Fnvedit: More traits moved up load order to fix conflict. Game now crashes a second later... Progress? Sure.

Use only one MBOWBExtended and Mojave Extended ESP, not all of them. Also your load order is bordering on ~~~ Too Many Mods ~~~~

also fco sucks don't use it

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Goddrat that Lombard Station update sounds awesome, Swag. LS is my favorite player home, but it's so goddamned buggy it almost ruined my last playthrough. I'm excited to try your update.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Started a new game to test out a few new mods, including FCO. Walked in to the Prospector Saloon to have a chat with Trudy. Spent a few minutes wondering if I had installed FCO incorrectly, but apparently she's supposed to look like this.

Welp. I think I'm uninstalling this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Smol posted:

Started a new game to test out a few new mods, including FCO. Walked in to the Prospector Saloon to have a chat with Trudy. Spent a few minutes wondering if I had installed FCO incorrectly, but apparently she's supposed to look like this.

Welp. I think I'm uninstalling this.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.
Another Lombard Station Expanded update:

I put the spit and polish on the sorting system and it's now done save for the fact that all the containers aren't yet added. But I don't really consider that part of the sorting system, as defining new containers to sort is as easy as linking them (as a linked ref) to an already existing group of containers, or just an extra line in a centralized script that defines containers and their properties.

But that's not what I've spent most of my time today working on; what I've been working on is a proof of concept for the weapon wall. My success has been hit and miss, which is what has taken several hours to get as far as I have, but I've finally found a solution to make the displays work as I want them to. In short, weapon walls are no longer hidden containers with displayed weapons that are nothing more than visual cues for what's stored in the container.

I'm proud to say that with what I have now, they're actually functional. Instead of putting weapons into said container, you drop them out of your inventory while standing next to the wall (or drop them elsewhere and carry them over to the wall), and they'll magically be added to it. Any weapons on the wall are the exact weapon you took over to it, and you're able to just take it back off the wall (preserving the health and mods of the weapon you put up there). What this means is that you'll only display weapons you want to display*, the weapons will show any mods you've added to them (assuming the mod changes the mesh), and you no longer should be able to knock weapons off the wall like you could for some of the bigger ones in the original LS.

My original design for how this would work didn't pan out, but I had hope for a similar method using some functions I found listed in the newest OBSE documentation (which the NVSE docs specifically linked to because the OBSE docs are much richer and most of the functions are exactly the same, being as a lot of NVSE functions are actually ported over from OBSE). Unfortunately the functions I needed haven't been ported yet (being brand new to OBSE), so I figured this would be the end of my experimentation with the weapon wall. But then I realized that all the 1st person weapon objects use the same meshes/textures as the regular weapon objects, except they lack the collision meshes that allow physics to affect them.

Knowing this, I set out to find a way to turn physics off for objects that would otherwise be affected. And I did, sort of. Through a combination of vanilla functions, I figured out how to fix them in place, at the cost of the script handling it being a GameMode script, which means it runs every frame. I don't see this causing any performance issues however, as it only runs when you're in the station itself, as well as being the only GameMode script in the entire mod (I've purposefully avoided them in the sorting system, even though they would have been handy in a couple of spots, and I'll continue to avoid them wherever I can get away with it).

Beyond that, the only other potential issue I can see with this system, is that if a weapon added by a mod uses a different mesh between the static (1st person) object and the actual object. But really the only reason you would do that would be to have a (much) higher quality mesh in 1st person than in the world, in which case, it's probably a good thing to use the regular object mesh, to avoid the overhead of the higher detail mesh.

* Some of the heavy weapons are really ugly; ugly enough that when I'm playing, I sometimes wish they wouldn't be automatically sorted to the wall, because then I have to take them out again to make them go away.

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 17, 2014

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

The King of Swag posted:

Another Lombard Station Expanded update:

I really want to see this when it's done. I tried fiddling with Lombard myself last year and it was an exercise in frustration for me; partly due to me not having the patience for scripting. What you're doing sounds like a huge improvement.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
I suppose a question that should be asked is whether people want large weapon walls with tons of weapons stuffed into them (like the original LS is), or should I try and compartmentalize them a bit more? For instance, LS combines the pistol and shotgun walls, but I personally think it might look (and feel) better to make them two visually separated sections, even if they exist in the same space they do now and the divider is just a simple board.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Personally, I'd rather see pistols and SMGs as one board, then rifles, shotguns, and machineguns as another. Shotguns are, ostensibly, longarms and they should go on the longarm wall.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Yeah, that'd make more sense to have the one handed weapons together on one wall, then the two handed ones on another wall. Energy, melee, and heavies still ought to go on their own walls, though.

A wall just for uniques would be cool as well, if there's room.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

For sure. I hate sorting all my guns then having a bunch left over in my inventory that the sorter doesn't know what to do with.

Are you planning on getting rid of the mannequins in the shooting lane, Swag? I can think of about a thousand ways to use that space better.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

For sure. I hate sorting all my guns then having a bunch left over in my inventory that the sorter doesn't know what to do with.

Are you planning on getting rid of the mannequins in the shooting lane, Swag? I can think of about a thousand ways to use that space better.

I'm going to be honest here and say that they really loving creep me out, even once you put outfits on them. It's those dead, pure white eyes, and especially because they occasionally blink in the GECK. The only reason I haven't removed them in their entirety and replaced them with cabinets where you can just put regular folded armor (that's how all of them look when dropped), is that I figured people must like them.

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, that'd make more sense to have the one handed weapons together on one wall, then the two handed ones on another wall. Energy, melee, and heavies still ought to go on their own walls, though.

A wall just for uniques would be cool as well, if there's room.

There's actually two hidden doors in Lombard Station; one behind the American flag and the other behind the energy weapon wall. Where the American flag was, I now have the Armory storage lockers and crates, but the energy weapon wall could easily be knocked out and another room added for additional weapon walls. Or I could just leave it as one room and just expand the size of it, which is equally doable. A third option is to make this wall:

...another set of weapon walls, and move the weapon racks* and weapon storage lockers I was going to put there, into a separate room of their own.

* The weapon racks were something I was going to make a lot like how the existing weapon walls are now. They're just containers that as you add weapons to them, display them on the racks, and if you want them back, you need to open the container and take them out. But with the prototype of the new weapon walls being as awesome as it turned out, I'm thinking the weapon racks might become a hybrid of the two systems.

For non-gun people, this is the type of thing I'm talking about.

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 17, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
:fap:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Totally get rid of the mannequins. I'd rather have the cabinets.

Huh. I knew there was a door behind the flag, but I didn't know about the one behind the energy weapon wall. I wonder what was going to go back there. I like the idea of a bigger room instead of two smaller ones. I like to walk into the armory and see all my guns. Gives a real feeling of satisfaction.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm trying to use FNV Edit to create a merged patch and it keeps complaining about how my active plugin list contains nonexisting files. This is what I have in the active plug-in list.

quote:

AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne WME.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
CASM.esp
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
DeadMoney.esm
FalloutNV.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
HonestHearts.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
SunnyCompanion.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - DLCs.esm
WME - DLCs.esp
WME - GRA Light.esm
WME - GRA Light.esp
WME - Ironsights - DLCs + GRA.esp

I changed my mind on the Armory mod, so I uninstalled it, but it still thinks its in the active plugin list. None of these files are in my New Vegas directory.

quote:

Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "AAS_GunRunnersArsenal.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "AAS_LonesomeRoad.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "AAS_OldWorldBlues.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "AAS_HonestHearts.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "AAS_DeadMoney.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "AAS_Ammo.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "The.Armory.esm"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "WME - DLCs Arenovalis.esp"

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The King of Swag posted:

There's actually two hidden doors in Lombard Station; one behind the American flag and the other behind the energy weapon wall. Where the American flag was, I now have the Armory storage lockers and crates, but the energy weapon wall could easily be knocked out and another room added for additional weapon walls. Or I could just leave it as one room and just expand the size of it, which is equally doable. A third option is to make this wall:

...another set of weapon walls, and move the weapon racks* and weapon storage lockers I was going to put there, into a separate room of their own.

* The weapon racks were something I was going to make a lot like how the existing weapon walls are now. They're just containers that as you add weapons to them, display them on the racks, and if you want them back, you need to open the container and take them out. But with the prototype of the new weapon walls being as awesome as it turned out, I'm thinking the weapon racks might become a hybrid of the two systems.

For non-gun people, this is the type of thing I'm talking about.

I'd keep it all one room, unless the new room don't have loading screen transitions. Are you going to make a version for those of us not using the Armory mod?

Also yeah the mannequins could easily stand to go.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
Now if I did just go with a larger room instead of separate rooms, I may end up going with open displays like this:

...running down the center, to maximize the available space.

One of my issues is that I'm trying to design how all this stuff can be laid out, so that it looks good and is easy to use, but has enough room for expansion to fit the Millenia weapon pack at bare minimum (as a patch). I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to fit all the CASE ammo (also as a patch), although I'm thinking that I'll probably support that as a second floor above the ammo shelves downstairs (the staircase down and that whole section going towards the wall is actually a specific set of utility building assets, which includes a lot of catwalks, which I think I might be able to turn into a pretty bitchin' ceiling suspended second floor).

All that said, those are a secondary concern; the primary concern is to make everything functional but also really cool looking / cool to use. There's not much you guys can do to help on the scripting, but if anyone has any design and layout ideas, I'd love to see them. There's a lot of things where I have an image in my head of what I want to do, but more input on what you think is cool doesn't hurt.

Capn Beeb posted:

I'd keep it all one room, unless the new room don't have loading screen transitions. Are you going to make a version for those of us not using the Armory mod?

Also yeah the mannequins could easily stand to go.

Capn Beeb; I don't use The Armory mod--there's just too much cruft mixed in with what good weapons there are. The idea behind the weapon racks is that they'll probably be filled with a lot of the same weapons, but that feels to me a lot more like a real armory (which is what that section of LS was supposed to be). Weapons in racks and on walls are cooler than weapons in crates, even if you have a lot of the same.

Also, no need for transitions--it would just be a door like the door from the kitchen to the armory is. GECK is still telling me that the load times and performance inside the station is great.

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 17, 2014

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
To be honest I wouldn't go too crazy, Lombard's appeal is its size and down to earth-ness.

I wouldn't mind a slightly nicer sleeping and living area though, since that area looks kind of neglected compared to the armoury side I always thought.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Kuno posted:

To be honest I wouldn't go too crazy, Lombard's appeal is its size and down to earth-ness.

I wouldn't mind a slightly nicer sleeping and living area though, since that area looks kind of neglected compared to the armoury side I always thought.

I think I said it earlier, but in-case I didn't. I'm going into this thinking that Lombard Station was a small but permanent operating post for the Enclave, and as such had a quartermaster, armory and everything you would expect to go into it to serve a small group of soldiers that need to be entirely self sufficient. So equipment displays and equipment storage seem right in place to me; even a lot of storage considering this was a forward operating group that was probably expected to continue operations without support for a long time. So when the station was abandoned, they took whatever they could, but didn't go through the trouble to try and destroy everything, as they were expecting the power generation system to melt down and take the place out for them.

So don't worry, I'm not trying to make LS into some guy's awesome house that miraculously survived the nuclear war untouched and unraided, like Underwater Home and other play home mods. I'm just trying to make it feel as much like a formally functioning military center as I can.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I remember there being 1 or 2 tables for modded weapons that you can't fit on weapon walls in Lombard, but since I run with both the Armory, AGSU and now WotNM, that's really not enough space to display all of the cool looking guns. I think Underwater Hideout did it best, with the column in the middle of the Armory with a bunch of space to place weapons with Feug Shui. It would be awesome if you could do some shelves in the middle for custom guns or just some blank walls/more tables.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mill Village posted:

I'm trying to use FNV Edit to create a merged patch and it keeps complaining about how my active plugin list contains nonexisting files. This is what I have in the active plug-in list.

I changed my mind on the Armory mod, so I uninstalled it, but it still thinks its in the active plugin list. None of these files are in my New Vegas directory.

Run BOSS dawg

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Throwing in another vote to ditch the mannequins. Maybe you are already doing this but I would suggest expanding the living/sleeping quarters. With the normal Lombard, you have a cramped living area with a couple bunkbeds crammed next to the kitchen... then this huge mechanical area with tons of space for weapon walls and ammo shelves. If it's a military outpost, are you really going to give more room for your weapons stash then your troops to live in?

On that thought, said troops would keep their personal weapons next to their racks. Maybe a single weapon rack next to each bed, or one small weapon wall in the sleeping area would be a nice touch?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

I've always been of the opinion that mannequins look creepy.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Personally I'm of the opinion that you've already changed the mod on a fundamental level so you might as well do what you want. Personally I would be questioning why there are mannequins in an abandoned military base...also they fuckin' creep me out.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
I'm going to bed soon (I've been waking up and going to bed early lately, which is completely uncharacteristic of me), but before I do, I'm removing everything related to the mannequins, because gently caress if I'm going to look at them any more than I have to if popular opinion is to make them go*. They also make the GECK throw a lot of errors (I use GECK PowerUp for its error reporting, especially with scripting, since it'll tell you what caused the compilation to fail and on what line) every time I load LS, since they're super buggy. In the process though, I've noticed that LS has a lot of custom meshes. Some of them are obvious why they're included (they're marked _STATIC, and are there because there's no vanilla static mesh for them), but others have absolutely no difference I can spot between them and the vanilla meshes they replace.

Some of you are more familiar with the non-scripting portion of Lombard Station than I am; does anyone know why they're there?

* Seriously, I don't know why, but they loving blink in the GECK render window. Maybe it's because they're technically actors (NPCs), but they're the only thing that gets animated in the render window and seeing them occasionally blink out of the corner of your eye is freaky.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
For what it's worth I'd prefer walls to open racks in the center. Also as unbroken a wall as possible because when you fill every slot in the existing Lombard it looks awesome as hell to have a huge two-wall span of everything. Beeb has a good point though, in that special storage for uniques would be pretty awesome, so there may be a way to do both? I don't know.

I'd be fine with axing the mannequins and making the space behind them more gunwall stuff - maybe that's where all the Uniques go?

also I don't use Armory so I don't consider it a huge thing either way. I imagine most people here would use Millenia's equipment so I'd rather see Weapons of the New Millenia support than The Armory support. that 9a91 :allears:

The King of Swag posted:

Seriously, I don't know why, but they loving blink in the GECK render window. Maybe it's because they're technically actors (NPCs), but they're the only thing that gets animated in the render window and seeing them occasionally blink out of the corner of your eye is freaky.

This is right. I've seen NPCs blink in GECK before and it's kinda weird there, I can't imagine what mannequin-face would look like.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 18, 2014

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Dudes! posted:

how long does it usually take for the jsawer mod to download/install?
jsawyer contains no graphics files so it's pretty small.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

I installed Spice of Life which involved having to install body mods (which is a weird world - these modders are very specific about their penis preferences) and now a bunch of female characters have bright pink faces.

Where did I gently caress up?

Oh here's my full modlist from NMM.

code:
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=0
ClassicPack.esm=0
MercenaryPack.esm=0
TribalPack.esm=0
Active Wasteland.esm=1
rePopulated Wasteland.esm=1
SomeguySeries.esm=1
More Perks for Companions.esm=1
NevadaSkies.esm=1
More Perks.esm=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm=1
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm=1
More Perks for Dead Money.esm=1
More Traits.esm=1
oHUD.esm=1
NVCE DLC02.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Coffee Maker.esp=1
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Dead Money Replacements.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Dead Money Coffee Maker.esp=1
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp=1
NVCE DLC01.esp=1
EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp=0
familiar_faces_ghouls.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Goggle Tints.esp=1
DarNifiedUINV.esp=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Vanilla Replacements.esp=1
EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp=0
1nivVSLArmors.esp=1
CASM.esp=1
familiar_faces_gals.esp=1
NVCE Main.esp=1
NevadaSkies - Brighter Nights.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Dead Money Goggle Tints.esp=1
MMUE+ Freeside Expanded.esp=1
NewVegasBounties.esp=1
More Perks for Companions Update.esp=1
pyDoF.esp=1
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp=1
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
More Perks Update.esp=1
More Traits Update.esp=1
familiar_faces_guys.esp=1
NevadaSkies - Basic Edition.esp=0
NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp=0
MiscItemIconsNV.esp=1
SecretStash40.esp=1
NewVegasBountiesII.esp=1
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp=1
NVCE DLC03.esp=1
NVCE DLC04.esp=1
NVCE Main - Companions.esp=1
Roberts_NewVegas.esp=1
Rustyhwys.esp=1
SecretStash80.esp=1
SecretStash20.esp=1
SecretStash60.esp=1
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition Plus.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
Holy poo poo I have too many mods.

Also NMC's textures. Also this poo poo was BOSSed.

I thought FCO was doing it, but because FCO sucks I disabled that and there are still pink faces.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 19, 2014

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Psion posted:

I imagine most people here would use Millenia's equipment so I'd rather see Weapons of the New Millenia support than The Armory support.

Maybe some of us would like to see both. Maybe some of us are also extremely biased. :colbert:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Is it too much to ask to find a decently made Pancor Jackhammer in one of these mods that doesn't do a grazillion points of damage and/or create a CTD every time you pull the thing out of your inventory?

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
With a full working proof of concept for the weapon walls*, I've sorta run into a roadblock on exactly how I want to visually lay them out and make them look. As with other things, I've found that if I get stuck with how I want something to look, fleshing out the visuals in the rest of the surrounding area tends to build a better picture for me of how the area I'm having trouble with, should look as well.

So it got me thinking about something I saw years ago in Fallout 3. I don't remember any of the details, or if this was in a mod or the base game, but there was one area you stumble across inside a cave, where some excavation team is working on excavating out a partially collapsed facility of some sort that was deep inside this cave. The thing that made this area stand out visually to me, even these years later, is that the designer made heavy use of open canopy's and canvas lean-tos, both inside the cave and inside the excavated facility, to denote different work areas of the excavation team.

What made that visual decision so cool to me, was that it not only visually separated important areas, but it allowed the designer to do some really cool stuff with the lighting. As you're able to see, I'm experimenting around with this idea:

It's really dark under the canvas canopy right now, but I've yet to do any lighting inside of it save for the temporary lantern just to see if there was going to be any problem with bleed-through. From messing around with this, I don't foresee any problem with the lighting, because I'm using small radius lights with a high falloff rate, so they do a pretty good job of brightly lighting whatever is close to them, without bleeding into objects further away. New Vegas also has a hard number of lights that can affect an object simultaneously, and this is determined by distance, so that allows me to further visually separate areas by taking that hard limit into account.

Although it's not 100% set in stone yet, I'm thinking that this area covered by the canopy will be where a wall of gun-racks go. At the end of the hall, behind the player in the second picture, there's actually a third hidden door, and I'm thinking that I'm going to turn that into a storage room. Someone mentioned earlier how they felt that the living area was really lackluster and underdeveloped compared to the armory, so in addition to making that area slightly larger, I'm thinking the storage room can play a part in making the station nicer if the player so chooses.

The computer logs Cosmandius wrote explicitly outline the Lombard Station team as a field recon group, and I think it'd be fair to say that during some of their recon operations in the surrounding area, they might have run across caravans moving shipments into New Vegas. These are military men and women that probably don't get much in the way of luxuries, and spotting caravans within short distance of their operation, hauling not just regular goods but luxury items into New Vegas must sometimes get really tempting, especially if they're clearly hauling a couple nice new mattresses, or god forbid a really nice Nuka-Cola fridge†. I think a storage room would give the perfect opportunity to leave somewhat humble accommodations by default, but give the player the option to swap them out for a little bit nicer digs if that's what they want.

As for the justification of why there's canvas canopies inside the station; well, I'm sure I can come up with a reason. Probably related to something the Ranger's setup during their occupation of the station. This is one of those things that I think looks cool enough and isn't so far out of place that I feel absolutely needs to be justified to exist, but it would be nice.

Let me know what you guys think of the direction I'm going. At the end of the day, I'm really creating this expansion for myself and just releasing it for everyone to use when I'm done creating it, but I appreciate the input. It really helps for overcoming any mental blocks on how I should be designing things.

* I've only setup a couple of weapons just to make sure it all works, but those weapons work completely, and finishing the wall just means expanding upon what I already have, without the need for added functionality.

† Assuming these ideas make the cut, I'm going to be making the relevant Quartermaster reports discussing their acquisition and entry into the inventory logs. I'm sure it's something that some people will go "why bother?" over, but part of what makes Lombard Station so great to me is that it has a backstory and it stays true to that backstory. The place is an abandoned military outpost and has only what you would expect to find in a military outpost. So if I was to add some nicer items, they would be optional and they certainly would have a reason to back up their existence--a reason beyond "just 'cause".

P.S. Those canopy meshes took forever to make; they're actually just NCR tent meshes, but I had to remove the tent stakes and anchoring ropes from them,and then partially remodel the tension ropes along the top.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Is there anything like Fallout Character Overhaul that doesn't have creepy results? All I really like in it is how it makes ghouls look :\

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Is there anything like Fallout Character Overhaul that doesn't have creepy results? All I really like in it is how it makes ghouls look :\

NVCE?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
To be honest, if you don't have the patience/time to use FNVEdit to revert faces you don't like back to vanilla, I wouldn't really recommend using *any* replacers :shrug: That said, FNV Redesigned Lore version is probably the best compromise, adds a couple of races for NPCs that use the same headmeshes with slightly edited textures, otherwise, it's basically all done with the vanilla templates and doesn't take too many liberties with the character designs. I never used NVCE, but I guess you can give that a try too.

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

FNV Redesigned Lore

Even the Lore version does strange things to Cass and Trudy. 'Realistic' means 'attractive', these days. :downswords: