Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I'm not a big fan of South Park but I can't wait for this game. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun and that fifteen minute video had me chuckling along.

But, drat, another censored Australian release? It's funny. For all that talk of a R18+ rating being a great victory, we sure don't see much difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahu X
Oct 4, 2013

"Now I see, lak human beings, dis like da sound of rabbing glass, probably the sound wave of the whistle...rich agh human beings, blows from echos probably irritating the ears of the Namek People, yet none can endure the pain"
-Malaysian King Kai
I have to admit. I was sort of sketchy about the game at first. I like South Park and love RPGs, but I just didn't think they'd be a good mix at first, and all the previews before that 15 minute one just seemed rather off.

Leave it to Obsidian and that 15 minute preview to prove me wrong though. I'm actually legitimately interested in it now. I may wait for it to go down in price though, as it still seems like it's a bit much for the type of game it is. It better have a decent amount of content to it for that price, and I hope the humor won't grow tiring after a short time.

Milky Moor posted:

But, drat, another censored Australian release? It's funny. For all that talk of a R18+ rating being a great victory, we sure don't see much difference.
Enjoy your crying koalas.

No seriously, enjoy them. That's actually what you're getting in place of some of the censored content in Australia. :butt:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wow that 13 minute preview looked great. I was constantly forgetting I was watching a game being played. I can't wait to play it and I'm honestly super curious to find out what the deal is with the new kid. They start the game off with a big mystery right away. I also can't wait to see the events of the game go wildly out of control in typical South Park fashion.

Cartman's "tutorials" during the beginning fights are great.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I noticed all the new kids in the trailers were male, I take it female characters aren't an option?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Wow that 13 minute preview looked great. I was constantly forgetting I was watching a game being played. I can't wait to play it and I'm honestly super curious to find out what the deal is with the new kid. They start the game off with a big mystery right away. I also can't wait to see the events of the game go wildly out of control in typical South Park fashion.

Cartman's "tutorials" during the beginning fights are great.

Yeah I feel like there's going to be a massive story in this game and we barely know anything about it. In that one dev diary video with Matt and Trey they talk about how the game starts on these simple terms of the kids playing a game but in typical Southpark fashion it extrapolates into something far bigger. I am so super stoked.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I noticed all the new kids in the trailers were male, I take it female characters aren't an option?

Yeah, I was disappointed but honestly it does make sense. The girl characters (Wendy, etc.) are treated as their own clique seperate from the boys through basically the entire series. The fact that Kenny has to play the Princess in their LARPs is part of the running joke.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

echronorian posted:

Yeah I feel like there's going to be a massive story in this game and we barely know anything about it. In that one dev diary video with Matt and Trey they talk about how the game starts on these simple terms of the kids playing a game but in typical Southpark fashion it extrapolates into something far bigger. I am so super stoked.

I'd be pretty surprised if you weren't fighting Satan, Crab People and The Vatican by the end of this game. And perhaps saving Lemmiwinks from Mr. Slave's colon.

I can't wait to see what "Relationship Status" is all about. I hope I can romance Bebe. :allears:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

FuriousGeorge posted:

I'd be pretty surprised if you weren't fighting Satan, Crab People and The Vatican by the end of this game. And perhaps saving Lemmiwinks from Mr. Slave's colon.

I can't wait to see what "Relationship Status" is all about. I hope I can romance Bebe. :allears:

How you gonna be king if you won't marry Princess Kenny-chan?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

The game looks INCREDIBLE and I can't wait to play it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

For those who are thinking of being non-doucebags, let me just say there is a very good chance my mother gets the game. So my mom is cooler than you.

I didn't know you had an SA account, Kyle.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

He's actually Cartman pretending to be Kyle.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pirate Jet posted:

More offended about being called a Jew than the mother insult. :p

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

quote:

I own every South Park season so far but they're stored in the attic; I instead watch censored TV copies. The show certainly has a good deal of shock humor--which I dislike, hence my preference for the censored version.

Jesus Christ

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I hope there's an option to bleep out swearing though. I just find that about a hundred times funnier than actual swearing for some reason.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I completely agree, somehow bleeped swearing is funnier.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Milky Moor posted:

I'm not a big fan of South Park but I can't wait for this game. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun and that fifteen minute video had me chuckling along.

If anything it's become worse.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
For the people wondering about gender, I can't really recall where, but I *do* seem to recall reading somewhere a while ago that you can play a girl character as well. Might have dream that up or they changed it, but I have some recollection of reading it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I thought they showed girl characters in one of the commercials where it cycles through a bunch of options for how your character can look? We just haven't seen a girl character be made yet I imagine.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
When does Green Man Gaming normally send out keys? I used the 25% off code when it was available

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Leinadi posted:

For the people wondering about gender, I can't really recall where, but I *do* seem to recall reading somewhere a while ago that you can play a girl character as well. Might have dream that up or they changed it, but I have some recollection of reading it.

Something about how completing the abortion clinic unlocks it. :catstare:

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Scott Bakula posted:

When does Green Man Gaming normally send out keys? I used the 25% off code when it was available
It's erratic but don't get your hopes up. Most of the time its the day before release.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I can see how playing a girl would change a lot of the dialogue, especially Cartman's (who wouldn't let it go without comment). I could see them leaving out gender options really, it makes sense for the setting.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Even though you probably can't play a female, you can wear women's clothing and I wouldn't be surprised if that changes dialog or at least warrants a few jabs from Cartman.

Being Obsidian, they've probably accounted for a lot of variation in the dialog ("A white thief, never heard of one"). In one of the previews Craig tries to open a locked door and says "Nothing a level 14 thief can't take care of" and the player was a level 14 thief.

e: I wish they showed off the character creation in the 13 minute preview. It's only been shown in depth in the Making Of video but the creation options look as robust as any of the avatar creators.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 15, 2014

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm guessing the parents skin tone will change depending on your own then?

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
Yes, it's confirmed in one of the recent previews.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I actually forgot about the original trailer which shows a female main character. So who knows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZHv-9e2ro

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Come to think of it, I don't recall there being any gender-specific pronouns in the game itself, just in the brief intro. It'd be really easy to change "son" to "daughter" when the parents are talking, and "he" to "she". I think your character even changes titles throughout the game, if I recall, from "douchebag" to other stuff.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What if I want to be a dolphin?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

JFairfax posted:

What if I want to be a dolphin?

You'd have to go to Facebook for something like that.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Seeing as Cartman says "A Jew, I guess we can't be friends" if you pick the Jew class, I wouldn't be surprised if the dialog changes to reflect your race, gender, and class choices.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
South Park gonna end up being the deepest RPG ever.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Brutal Legend's bleeped out obscenity option was pretty good.

Starhawk64 posted:

Seeing as Cartman says "A Jew, I guess we can't be friends" if you pick the Jew class, I wouldn't be surprised if the dialog changes to reflect your race, gender, and class choices.

Huh, do you think we'll have a Canadian racial option? The +5 cold resistance might come in handy.

n4lrah
Jan 2, 2014

Herping ur derp

FuriousGeorge posted:

South Park gonna end up being the deepest RPG ever.

Intended phallus reference?:D

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Aw gently caress it I went and preordered, the giantbomb video sold me on it. I was wary of an Obsidian release at launch but gently caress it, it's Paper Mario with South Park and I love both of those things.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Aw gently caress it I went and preordered, the giantbomb video sold me on it. I was wary of an Obsidian release at launch but gently caress it, it's Paper Mario with South Park and I love both of those things.

Yeah I went and pre-ordered it too, it just looks like and incredibly solid RPG.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm waiting to pre-order to see if another code for GMG comes up.

I mean...I'll get it regardless, but there's no reason to pre-order now for full price if there's a chance to get it for less.

And not the sketchy "buy Russian game keys on Reddit" way.

maxidious
Sep 25, 2007

Meh

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm waiting to pre-order to see if another code for GMG comes up.

I mean...I'll get it regardless, but there's no reason to pre-order now for full price if there's a chance to get it for less.

And not the sketchy "buy Russian game keys on Reddit" way.

20% off with Code: FEB20OFF at GameFly http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-south-park-the-stick-of-truth/5007473

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Does Gamefly usually get the code to you in a reasonable timeframe?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1 should work for 20% off on GMG as long as your cart total is over $10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this
I got my steam copy from gamekeys4all yesterday, cheapest I've seen it (I paid £22) and got it gifted through steam a few minute after paying via paypal.

• Locked thread