Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Both those teams feature people who legitimately can threaten the defense vertically with the passing game. Since Stephen Hill left GT hasn't had a WR or QB who can manage that. When you can safely stack the box with 8-9 guys because you no longer fear anything going over the top no matter how tricksy you are the offensive success is going to slow down.

The issue at GT is not that CPJ wants to be completely triple option its that he's lost the few players he had that let you keep the field open enough to create the big gains they saw early on consistently.
I was more talking about Nebraska in the 1990s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

UGA Safety Josh Harvey-Clemon is off the team?

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.

hahaha the UNC dude knew what is up, the benefits and drawbacks of an on-campus stadium in the South and a football team that's been bad for fifteen years and now only starting to become Not Embarrassing

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

pillsburysoldier posted:

Auburn backup QB found.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Zypher posted:

:confused: Why don't they just eat the list?

It's harder to eat a computer than paper.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

pillsburysoldier posted:

The old classic "guy who's too stupid to realize he's going to get caught smoking weed" strikes again.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

SmellsLikeToast posted:

The old classic "guy who's too stupid to realize he's going to get caught smoking weed" strikes again.

Thanks goodness for the 'Cam Newton Center for Wayward Boys'

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

I'll take things that don't surprise me in the least for $1000, Alex.

here is an article about it on ESPN. It's a shame, when he played well, he was great, but some people don't understand that if you get caught smoking weed (three times!), you are going to get kicked off the team (and go to Auburn, Alabama, or LSU).

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I'll take things that don't surprise me in the least for $1000, Alex.

here is an article about it on ESPN. It's a shame, when he played well, he was great, but some people don't understand that if you get caught smoking weed (three times!), you are going to get kicked off the team (and go to Auburn, Alabama, or LSU).

Lax rules and NCAA titles? Sounds like an upgrade.

Richt's holy water isn't much of an attraction--especially when their moms were kids the last time UGA won a title.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I was more talking about Nebraska in the 1990s.

He's still correct though. '90s Nebraska would run option four times and throw deep on the fifth using the same motion and it fooled defenses all the time. I'm not necessarily referring to the dominant teams either. Late-90s Nebraska consistently did it with Eric Crouch and Tracey Wistrom.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Vandy DL coach Vavae Tata is indefinitely suspended after picking up a DUI/leaving the scene last night in Nashville, dinging a few parked cars before blowing a .18. He's got a previous conviction from his days as a UCLA player -- that time he flipped his car, causing several injuries.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, until I checked the link I figured it was a dig at Baylor.

TCU was a member of the SWC 23 years before Tech and has an all time win percentage that's a shade better. It wouldn't be unreasonable to make an argument that not a lot separates Tech, TCU, and Baylor.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

lol apparently the Nkemdiche brothers at Ole Miss are being sued for $2 million over allegedly knocking a guy out and stomping on him. Oxford can't seem to catch a break with all this stuff cropping up lately.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...J-52y3k.twitter

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Traitorous Leopard posted:

lol apparently the Nkemdiche brothers at Ole Miss are being sued for $2 million over allegedly knocking a guy out and stomping on him. Oxford can't seem to catch a break with all this stuff cropping up lately.

I think its safe to say that guys is going to get every cent that the brothers get for their jersey sales and likeness rights.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Traitorous Leopard posted:

"a year before this arrest Denzel Nkemdiche assaulted an innocent individual who he'd never met or spoken to before at Ole Miss's Kappa Alpha fraternity house in the early morning hours of February 17th, 2013."

In case anyone doesn't know, the Kappa Alpha frat views Robert E. Lee as a spiritual founder and at many schools dresses up as Confederate Civil War Soldiers for their Old South weekend. Not saying the frat guy getting assaulted was something that should have happened but I'd be shocked if he didn't say anything to get attacked.

every
Apr 24, 2008

RIP JHC

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Frackie Robinson posted:

TCU was a member of the SWC 23 years before Tech and has an all time win percentage that's a shade better. It wouldn't be unreasonable to make an argument that not a lot separates Tech, TCU, and Baylor.

It's like looking into a mirror, which is why there is so much hate.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

"a year before this arrest Denzel Nkemdiche assaulted an innocent individual who he'd never met or spoken to before at Ole Miss's Kappa Alpha fraternity house in the early morning hours of February 17th, 2013."

In case anyone doesn't know, the Kappa Alpha frat views Robert E. Lee as a spiritual founder and at many schools dresses up as Confederate Civil War Soldiers for their Old South weekend. Not saying the frat guy getting assaulted was something that should have happened but I'd be shocked if he didn't say anything to get attacked.

Mizzou's KA chapter was right across the street from us and some fun guys decided to test out their cannon. A piece of iron went through the roof of the apartment building across the other way and crashed in on some Asians playing ping pong.

I guess what I'm saying is Civil War era weaponry is awesome.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
UCLA's hired former Colorado and Arizona assistant Mike Tuiasosopo.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

I didn't get the impression that low student attendance was a big problem for A&M the last couple years. But picking up on what Democratic Pirate said, I was at the Alabama game and there is no way I could have endured that heat for that length of time if it wasn't such a big matchup.

Yeah that game was miserable. I recall it not even being that hot, just humid and sunny. Each one of my group had to go sit down in the shade at least once during the game, and we all made sure to drink plenty of water and bring in huge bottles to drink during the game.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Democratic Pirate posted:

Yeah that game was miserable. I recall it not even being that hot, just humid and sunny. Each one of my group had to go sit down in the shade at least once during the game, and we all made sure to drink plenty of water and bring in huge bottles to drink during the game.

96 degrees and humid and sunny, plus being packed in to an oversold student section where each ticket was allotted less than 10 inches of bleacher space, plus nobody sits down, so you had tens of thousands of people literally pressing up against each other. It was packed tightly enough that most everyone around us had to stand sideways and still be in constant contact with their neighbors, not enough space to have shoulders facing the field. It was a pretty epic experience but definitely a taxing physical ordeal. 96 outside, but I guarantee it was well over a hundred in the middle of all those overheated bodies.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Thermos H Christ posted:

96 degrees and humid and sunny, plus being packed in to an oversold student section where each ticket was allotted less than 10 inches of bleacher space, plus nobody sits down, so you had tens of thousands of people literally pressing up against each other. It was packed tightly enough that most everyone around us had to stand sideways and still be in constant contact with their neighbors, not enough space to have shoulders facing the field. It was a pretty epic experience but definitely a taxing physical ordeal. 96 outside, but I guarantee it was well over a hundred in the middle of all those overheated bodies.

So, Jazzfest?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Spacebump posted:

Blaming it on KA Order doesn't take into account that the average frat guy joins their organization for beer or sororities rather than because the org has enough institutionalized racism to it. Their nationals put out a blanket ban on confederate uniforms and symbols during Old South week back in like 2009 after the last incident with it, and they've been publicly trying to distance themselves and walk back a lot of the confederate apologetics they espoused in the past. The guy's probably just a racist shithead. Your Greek org isn't what does that to you.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
From what I remember of the KA's and football players at Ole Miss it wouldn't surprise me if what was alleged in the lawsuit was true. But it also wouldn't surprise me if some stupid white frat guy mouthed off and started a fight then decided to run to a lawyer after getting his rear end beat.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

News: Ohio State finally figures out that having permanent lights is a Good Idea. But to balance that out, the conference as a whole is still terrified of modern innovations like the forward pass and games that start any later than 3:00 PM.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Three Oklahoma players supposedly violated NCAA rules by eating more pasta than they were allowed at a graduation banquet last May. In order to regain their eligibility, they each had to donate $3.83 to charity.

Keep doing what you do, NCAA.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
This always devolves into "why don't ____ form their own thing" which makes me wonder if people are dumb or not to think that a new organization won't just be filled to the brim with either the same bullshit the NCAA had or a brand new kind of bullshit we hadn't thought of yet.

I'm sure we won't know until we try but I can so easily imagine a world where our kid's kids sit on a message board complaining about how the current governing body of college athletics is dumb/wrong/antiquated and that a change should be made.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DJExile posted:

News: Ohio State finally figures out that having permanent lights is a Good Idea. But to balance that out, the conference as a whole is still terrified of modern innovations like the forward pass and games that start any later than 3:00 PM.

In fairness noon games kinda suck.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008
Florida DB Cody Riggs will play his final year at Notre Dame.

Fuckin' sweet. Safety was a weak spot and if Muschamp can coach anything, it's defensive players.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I've actually come to good terms with noon games. I'm not a morning person so getting up at 7 to be somewhere by 9 on my day off is not a particular joy but I get to watch my team and be home(or at someone's home waiting for traffic) early and then get to catch most of the 3:30 games and all of the night games. I usually miss very few quality games and I also get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Man, I sound so old. :(

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I used to hate noon games because they're at 9 AM on the west coast. Now I think they own because they make it socially acceptable to order pitchers of beer with breakfast.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I liked 3:30 games when I was in college, unemployed, or worked retail and didn't have weekends. Now they just blast a giant hole right in the middle of my Saturday.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Noon games suck, night games 4 lyfe. Big Ten Is Doing It Wrong.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
When we have early games I don't like them because I want more time to relax and to not rush.

When we have late games I don't like them because it's too much downtime to overthink things.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Late away games are by far the worst though. Sit around all day, then game, then get back home at some ridiculous loving hour.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Late away games are by far the worst though. Sit around all day, then game, then get back home at some ridiculous loving hour.

Or if they're after some gigantic game and you just don't care.

Like the A&M-Mizzou game, that was right after the Iron Bowl and I didn't even bother watching because I knew nothing could top that finish.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
11:30 games are awesome. Wake up, have breakfast, watch the game. When my game is on at 3;30 or at night it just wastes my whole Saturday as I refuse to start any projects or do anything remotely productive that might accidentally cause me to miss any of the game. I just sit at home. Waiting.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Having games for 13 hours straight is a key part of why college football is cool and I don't know why some of you people want to throw that away.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sash! posted:

I liked 3:30 games when I was in college, unemployed, or worked retail and didn't have weekends. Now they just blast a giant hole right in the middle of my Saturday.

You probably won't even have time to make it to the Home Depot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Thoguh posted:

You probably won't even have time to make it to the Home Depot.

Lowe's :colbert:

I'm slowly turning into Hank Hill, but in danger of drifting into Bill territory.

• Locked thread