Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

JFF falling to the Cowboys would make draft history...it'd also cause a poo poo storm for an undeserving Romo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

If Manziel fell to Dallas and they took him it would amuse me so yeah sure what the hell

It's not like I'm expecting anything unreasonable from the draft like "win more games"

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Nawrocki is completely right about Colt Lyerla, Jeremy Hill and even Clowney. The team that drafts Clowney knows they're not getting a leader of men but a superfreak human being that can rip running backs' heads off. Clowney has never once demonstrated leadership capabilities at South Carolina, in large part because he doesn't have to.

What it means, at the end of the day, is that Clowney is going to have a team-issued handler tracking his every move and make sure his speeding, drinking, drug use and other hobbies stay out of the press. It won't affect his draft status.

I don't know much about the other prospects listed, but it's no leap of imagination to think that star college football players are entitled shitheads who don't help other people.

He at the very least could point out things more specifically, i.e. Manziel skipping the Manning passing camp. As it is now he uses weird vague dog-whistley language.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

"Colt Lyerla is a cokehead who might be going to jail for a class C felony who also quit on his team the week before" doesn't make for good copy imo

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Declan MacManus posted:

"Colt Lyerla is a cokehead who might be going to jail for a class C felony who also quit on his team the week before" doesn't make for good copy imo

Actually if you can back it up with evidence it seems like great copy to me. Certainly better than the "fake smile" poo poo.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All of that is known by NFL organizations. If he's on hook for a felony then that's popping up. Narwocki is writing for us regular folk so he avoids direct condemnations in favor for vague bullshit

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Mayock talking about JFF

quote:

"The first tape I put in was Alabama and I put the tape down about two hours later and said 'Wow! That was awesome.' It was really fun to watch. He makes throws, he allows other players to make plays, he gives (receiver) Mike Evans a chance to make plays, he extends plays. He was like a combination of Fran Tarkenton and Doug Flutie.

This poo poo gets me hot.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

MonsterWalk posted:

Mayock talking about JFF

I really enjoy "gives Mike Evans a chance to make plays", that's the most diplomatic way of saying "throws unadvisable jump balls" I've ever seen

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Manziel is very generous, he'll give receivers a chance to make plays, cornerbacks a chance to make plays, linebackers a chance to make plays...

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Manziel is very generous, he'll give receivers a chance to make plays, cornerbacks a chance to make plays, linebackers a chance to make plays...

The defense rests.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well, one of those guys was good.

After following the run rich run link in the other thread I for some reason have been glancing at these way too early mock drafts nfl.com has up. Currently a clean sweep for Clowney #1 overall according to them, Rams take an OT of some flavor, half the people think the Jags will draft Manziel as the first overall QB at #3.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gritty, if the rams take an OT with the 2nd overall pick, I will poo poo myself.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd be surprised if they took anyone at #2 given that they're supposedly locked into Bradford for at least another year, but that's not really meant as actually analysis at this point. Well maybe they mean it that way, but I look at it as trivia to laugh at later when Clowney runs a 5.0 or Manziel skips his interviews or whatever ridiculous stuff happens between now and the draft.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What do people think of Louis Nix III? There's buzz that the Packers may draft another DL and I want to get my hopes up before experiencing yet another crushing disappointment of a highly drafted Packers DL.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

JFF really needs to freefall in the 1st because I need to know what it looks like when that chip on his shoulder turns from a Frito into a Dorito

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Gritty, if the rams take an OT with the 2nd overall pick, I will poo poo myself.

:toxx:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Manziel's Munchies

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Rasczak posted:

JFF really needs to freefall in the 1st because I need to know what it looks like when that chip on his shoulder turns from a Frito into a Dorito

Imagine him sitting in the green room like Geno. Oh my god, it would be perfect.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Brady Quinn is still my favorite free fall.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MonsterWalk posted:

Mayock talking about JFF

Well manziel definitely would've owned in tarkentons era.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Volkerball posted:

Well manziel definitely would've owned in tarkentons era.

Maybe for a year or two. Then he'd be crippled.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

No Butt Stuff posted:

Imagine him sitting in the green room like Geno. Oh my god, it would be perfect.

This but with AJ McCarron.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't know if the NFL is cruel enough to invite McCarron to New York.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
People kinda forget that Doug Flutie was a lovely QB from like... a fundamentals and everything point of view.

Gotta Wear Shades
Jul 25, 2013

Learn to hoist a jack,
Learn to lay a track
Learn to pick and shovel too
And take my hammer, it'll do anything you tell it to

Doltos posted:

People kinda forget that Doug Flutie was a lovely QB from like... a fundamentals and everything point of view.

But he kicked that extra point and was willing to play in Buffalo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gotta Wear Shades posted:

But he kicked that extra point and was willing to play in Buffalo.

gently caress Rob Johnson

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Brannock posted:

What do people think of Louis Nix III? There's buzz that the Packers may draft another DL and I want to get my hopes up before experiencing yet another crushing disappointment of a highly drafted Packers DL.

People are already comparing him to BJ Raji, so there's that.

amaranthine posted:

I really enjoy "gives Mike Evans a chance to make plays", that's the most diplomatic way of saying "throws unadvisable jump balls" I've ever seen

Thankfully, inadvisable jump balls to Andre Johnson or Josh Gordon tend to turn out pretty well.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

defiantgiant posted:

People are already comparing him to BJ Raji, so there's that.

It's a fair comparison. I wonder how high Nix will get taken since it seems like every team is convinced that you only need pass rushing DTs now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cowboys win the coin flip, they pick 16th, Ravens 17th.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I know I should be happy about that but really it's more like "whatever"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Rasczak posted:

I know I should be happy about that but really it's more like "whatever"

It's the difference between a Long Snapper and a 3rd round safety!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
There's a long snapper from Harvard who declared for the draft. I just want y'all to think on that for a sec.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

There's a long snapper from Harvard who declared for the draft. I just want y'all to think on that for a sec.

Is there anything really preventing any college football player from declaring?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

wilderthanmild posted:

You can declare for the draft if you want.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Don't you have to declare if you hope to become a camp body somewhere in the vain hope of making a roster?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Regnevelc posted:

You can declare for the draft if you want.

I'm a 32 year old with an office desk job...can I apply for the draft? I have leadership and team building skills, "grit" and "intangibles" and I think I can at least be a game manager. Plus I squirm pretty well, no one in middle school could pin me in wrestling.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I don't know how often I've seen such a big discrepancy between how Clowney is portrayed in these scouting reports and how South Carolina actually feels about him (Cam Newton is probably another good example). Judging from all the poo poo that keeps getting written about him, you'd think his teammates considered him a cancer, Spurrier was tired of him, and the fans were more than ready to see him move on. That couldn't be farther from the truth, and it's getting old seeing dudes literally make poo poo up to tar and feather him with.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Gatts posted:

I'm a 32 year old with an office desk job...can I apply for the draft? I have leadership and team building skills, "grit" and "intangibles" and I think I can at least be a game manager. Plus I squirm pretty well, no one in middle school could pin me in wrestling.

You're automatically eligible for the draft after you exhaust your NCAA eligibility if I remember right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

wilderthanmild posted:

I just wanted to point out how a person who went to the most illustrious school in the nation is going to try and be a long snapper in the NFL.

• Locked thread