Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

I just wanted to say hello to all the other users in this forum. I am new but I have heard nothing but good things about the clan as well as this game. SO I just installed EVE and I was wondering, what are the first skills I should focus on training before anything else? I did some research about this game and on the different ships, so lets just say that I wanted to successfully be an avid member of this website for 3 months, and ultimately be accepted into the goons, what would be some good skills to learn that could possibly benefit me lets say..... in 3 months from now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Thick Skin 5
Money Blender 10
Clue (Obtain) 5

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost

captain_spaulding posted:

I just wanted to say hello to all the other users in this forum. I am new but I have heard nothing but good things about the clan as well as this game. SO I just installed EVE and I was wondering, what are the first skills I should focus on training before anything else? I did some research about this game and on the different ships, so lets just say that I wanted to successfully be an avid member of this website for 3 months, and ultimately be accepted into the goons, what would be some good skills to learn that could possibly benefit me lets say..... in 3 months from now?

You're off to a great start :allears:

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

sup bro how are ya..

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
What do you think of the games of our Lord Dark Souls and Alpha Protocol? I think they are terrible overrate pieces of poo poo much like my posting.

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

Ive heard of neither dark souls or alpha protocol but thanks for the heads up. Thanks for the replys. I appreciate the conversation as I Am an American who lives in Indonesia where not everybody has a functioning brain hahaa. So I play eve to ease my troubles

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost

Ive heard of neither dark souls or alpha protocol but thanks for the heads up. Thanks for the replys. I appreciate the conversation as I Am an American who lives in Indonesia where not everybody has a functioning brain hahaa. So I play eve to ease my troubles

Hahaha those zany Indonesians and their non-functioning brains! What is it like being such a fish out of water with your superior intellect?

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Voted 5

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

as I Am an American who lives in Indonesia where not everybody has a functioning brain hahaa.

:frogout:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hey bro do you want to come to my captain's quarters and be jo buddies? But just to be clear - no gay stuff.

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

Well, for example I teach at a high school, and so basically I have no worries at all whatsoever hahaah. sometimes though I play games on mypc to avoid the retardation of the outside. But the weekends are great at night, all the cosplay chics are at the brothels lol.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
thanks for the :10bux: x 2

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
This was definitely worth your multiple $10 regs for sure. If you care enough about GOONS to spend moneys to be part of us, then welcome to the family!

Edit - you should fly a titan because titans are the biggest ship in eve i think and its how goons know ur serious but once youre in you can just give it away to someone else and goons shower you with ships and money because its initiation protocol

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

quote:

Eve has entered my life

And :10bux: has exited your wallet.

What a brilliant choice you've made! I for one welcome you to our forums. May I suggest that you make an introductory post in GBS to start things off appropriately?

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

This keeps happening.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
dont be mean to this poster! he seems like a nice guy!

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Archonex posted:

What a brilliant choice you've made! I for one welcome you to our forums. May I suggest that you make an introductory post in GBS to start things off appropriately?

Actually, OP, fun fact about the forums, GBS, short for General Bullshit, is not a very receptive or welcoming community.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

You're my bizzaro twin! I Am an Indonesian who lives in America and nobody has a functioning brain here either hahaa.

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

That is a very nice story. you should save it for a campfire.

Ok so heres the deal. How I got my Avatar is fairly simple. I went to the questions forum and asked someone how to obtain one, and basically a random person placed it on there. I didn't get to pick it so it is what it is. FYI I learned about this website through a mate of mine who plays eve and said I should comehere. Ill continue to use this forum as it seems like the best forum ive come across in quite awhile besides d2jsp but that place is terribad. Thanks for the cool greetings. I appreciate it. Even the trolling is ok, as pond scum is necessary toestablish balance lol.

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

MrTheDevious posted:

This was definitely worth your multiple $10 regs for sure. If you care enough about GOONS to spend moneys to be part of us, then welcome to the family!

Edit - you should fly a titan because titans are the biggest ship in eve i think and its how goons know ur serious but once youre in you can just give it away to someone else and goons shower you with ships and money because its initiation protocol

ok I appreciate the info, ill look into training up on this type of ship.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I wanted to successfully be an avid member of this website for 3 months

A noble, lofty goon goal.

Also:

Archonex posted:

May I suggest that you make an introductory post in GBS to start things off appropriately?

Something Awful is cool though post here and stuff regardless of eve things.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

niggerstomper58

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I was reading it as niggerest omper 58.

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

I was reading it as niggerest omper 58.

yes whoever made that for me used big font. Well, im gonna go play some eve for a bit and if I have new questions ill be sure to start a thread regarding.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

whats ur ingame name m8

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

whats ur ingame name m8

my ingame name is

Rosco-P Coltrain

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

my ingame name is

Rosco-P Coltrain

How did you come up with this name? Hilarious name btw (by the way).

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Don't forget to purchase the EVE comic and buy some EVE merchandise.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you have to buy platinum and archives in order get in before the 3 month waiting period. To prove this, try and find the mittani's first post then PM it to me

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

Matoi Ryuko posted:

How did you come up with this name? Hilarious name btw (by the way).

He was a character in the tv show "The Dukes of hazard"

im from Louisiana and grew up watching it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

im from Louisiana

Hmm yes I do think I am onto something here

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

I didn't actually get to choose my avatar someone put it on there

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

niggerstomper58 posted:

quote:

schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

lol im not sure why you just posted that, as I didn't write that 2nd part :)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

lol im not sure why you just posted that, as I didn't write that 2nd part :)

Hey I just noticed you selected this .img as your new avatar, and I would like to voice my support for your upcoming presidential campaign.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Well, glad to know us Australians aren't the worst thing in indonesia then.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I'm glad that eve has entered your life, and I hope "Your body is ready" hehe. What meme's do you know of and use regularly we need to know if you're cool and funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

im sorry you're supposed to post this thread in the FYAD-forum

• Locked thread