Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Svanja posted:

Actually, if I recall correctly, Daryl only got up in Bob's face after Bob made an aggressive move over the bottle. Daryl was daring him to follow through and Bob backed down. Pretty much a "if you are going to threaten me you'd better back it up" situation.

I think Bob only reached for the gun after Daryl got in his face about only taking the booze. I thought it was a bad scene, because they'd packed up all the meds Bob had said they could use. I might've said it when that episode first aired, but it wasn't like he tossed some meds in order to make room for the booze.

It was even dumber (to me) because Bob had opened up to Daryl earlier in the ep about why he was drinking, and how he felt like such poo poo that even going for the wine (and putting it back) got Zack killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Yeah I'm pretty sure Lizzie has been nicer to zombies than living things. She's gone in a totally different direction from "you have to be strong."

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

LadyPictureShow posted:

I think Bob only reached for the gun after Daryl got in his face about only taking the booze. I thought it was a bad scene, because they'd packed up all the meds Bob had said they could use. I might've said it when that episode first aired, but it wasn't like he tossed some meds in order to make room for the booze.

It was even dumber (to me) because Bob had opened up to Daryl earlier in the ep about why he was drinking, and how he felt like such poo poo that even going for the wine (and putting it back) got Zack killed.

From what I remember Daryl goes to throw the bottle off of the roof and Bob yells "Don't!" or something and reaches down for his holstered gun. That's when Daryl gets in his face.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
I'm pretty sure a poo poo ton of the adults and possibly some of the children would be drunk or high all the time in a real, nationwide endemic catastrophe like in TWD.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Mexcillent posted:

I'm pretty sure a poo poo ton of the adults and possibly some of the children would be drunk or high all the time in a real, nationwide endemic catastrophe like in TWD.

This is why I don't judge bob too hard. Go bob go

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

From what I remember Daryl goes to throw the bottle off of the roof and Bob yells "Don't!" or something and reaches down for his holstered gun. That's when Daryl gets in his face.

You're probably right. It's been months since that episode was on. I just remember it being all heavy-handed parallels with 'let it go!' to Tyreese and his rage then 'let it go!' for Bob and his booze.

And considering Merle was like, high on coke in his first appearance and Daryl knew where he kept his stash of drugs, you'd think Daryl would be a little more forgiving to a guy that developed an alcohol dependency in the zombie apocalypse.

(I like Bob. I want him to stick around. He just seems like he wants to fit in and be liked!)

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

LadyPictureShow posted:

You're probably right. It's been months since that episode was on. I just remember it being all heavy-handed parallels with 'let it go!' to Tyreese and his rage then 'let it go!' for Bob and his booze.

And considering Merle was like, high on coke in his first appearance and Daryl knew where he kept his stash of drugs, you'd think Daryl would be a little more forgiving to a guy that developed an alcohol dependency in the zombie apocalypse.

(I like Bob. I want him to stick around. He just seems like he wants to fit in and be liked!)

This is Walking Dead we're talking about. You can't have more than 1 male black leads so it's either Tyreese or Bob.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
So this is about the funniest thing I've seen all week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE

edit: apologies if this has already been posted

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Bread Set Jettison posted:

We NEVER saw Carol actually do the deed and we know that Lizzie is a psycho who was given knives. I'm sure this isn't a ground breaking TWD theory but I really think "Lizzie killed 2 people and carol covered it up" will be revealed in the finale.

I'd say Lizzie stabbing two bunnies is a pretty ham-fisted allusion to that.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

nutranurse posted:

This is Walking Dead we're talking about. You can't have more than 1 male black leads so it's either Tyreese or Bob.

I wish T-dog was back. He was one of my favorite characters on the show.

Grin and Tonic posted:

Saw this last year, it's wonderful. dreet

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Bedurndurn posted:

I'd say Lizzie stabbing two bunnies is a pretty ham-fisted allusion to that.

Might I add that they were two bunnies in their beds.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Grin and Tonic posted:

edit: apologies if this has already been posted

I'd like the Governor more if he thought he was on Broadway and did a musical. The Walking Dead needs a musical episode.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

moths posted:

Might I add that they were two bunnies in their beds.

Was Tyreese dating one of the bunnies?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bunnies were are nice foreshadow to the baby murder. She's on a murder binge.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Kasonic posted:

I wish we saw more apocalypses based a generation or so out, a la Last of Us, for that very reason. Anyone born after the Event, into this dog-eat-dog world, is going to have vastly different morals and most definitely be more bloodthirsty.

You want this then, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads if you want a hyper-realistic depressing as all hell post apocalypse movie.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ravane posted:

I wish T-dog was back. He was one of my favorite characters on the show.

Saw this last year, it's wonderful. dreet

Seriously. Just have him show back up, no explanation. I wouldn't give a drat. He deserved better than getting chumped by one zombie coming up behind him. (don't even get me started on Oscar...)

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
It felt like they just needed someone to die to keep the stakes up, so they offed the only black guy who barely affected the plot and barely had any lines. They only seem to save major character deaths for mid- or season finales.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I don't really understand the love for T-Dog. He had maybe 10 lines in all of Season 2. Some episodes he wasn't even in. I don't think he had a single line in Season 3. Plus his name is T-Dog.

Then again, without any lines he doesn't have a chance to say something retarded. And if he's not in an episode then he can't go wandering off somewhere to almost get himself killed in the stupidest way possible. So I guess he just becomes the smartest most likeable character by default?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
T-Dog was the best.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
T-Dog was weird cause everyone kept talking about all this stuff he did like driving around and transporting his church members to safe places but when he had that bad fever all he talked about was how him and dale should ditch everyone while they were looking for sophia

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like how it's a nice little Wire reunion with Tyreese and Bob joining the show.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

theCalamity posted:

They only seem to save major character deaths for mid- or season finales.

Jim? Dale? Andrea? Lori? Weren't those mid-season deaths?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Grin and Tonic posted:

T-Dog was weird cause everyone kept talking about all this stuff he did like driving around and transporting his church members to safe places but when he had that bad fever all he talked about was how him and dale should ditch everyone while they were looking for sophia

They both would have been better off if they'd just left together.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tin Miss posted:

I don't really understand the love for T-Dog. He had maybe 10 lines in all of Season 2. Some episodes he wasn't even in. I don't think he had a single line in Season 3. Plus his name is T-Dog.

Then again, without any lines he doesn't have a chance to say something retarded. And if he's not in an episode then he can't go wandering off somewhere to almost get himself killed in the stupidest way possible. So I guess he just becomes the smartest most likeable character by default?

Kinda. Sometimes you just root for the guy that does nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs1pXsQeqpA
But yeah, less than 5 minutes of dialogue in all of season 2.

E: Also, IronE Singleton just really seems like an all-around chill guy. Maybe that's part of why I was pulling for his character.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 20, 2014

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Is there any word if Morgan is coming back? He ruled.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

IronE Singleton has great screen presence and a really expressive face. The character was one of the few who didn't have completely overblown angst about every drat thing. Easy to like.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

VaultAggie posted:

Is there any word if Morgan is coming back? He ruled.

He's too busy with Low Winter Sun, hahahaha

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Tin Miss posted:

In the land of terrible plots, the plotless man is king.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

xxEightxx posted:

Jim? Dale? Andrea? Lori? Weren't those mid-season deaths?

Dale was basically right before Shane died, Andrea was in the S3 finale, Lori was in basically the middle of Season 3 though.

E: really the S2 finale was Rick killing Shane and the actual finale was just giant zombie battle.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

I like how it's a nice little Wire reunion with Tyreese and Bob joining the show.

Also, one of Michonne's boyfriends in the flashback was Fruit(Froot?) The lazy-eyed dude who robbed Cutty's g-pack.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I always liked to thing that T Dog was off running around doing important stuff like getting supplies and fixing fences whilst everyone else was busy being dumb and sorting out their stupid relationship dramas.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

T Dog is the only one who knew he was in a zombie survival documentary.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
Wow, nothing will make you appreciate the acting, writing and special effects on The Walking Dead more than watching "Rise of the Zombies." I thought it would be decent considering it had recognizable actors, but nope, couldn't make it through more than 10 minutes. When Danny Trejo is giving the best performance in your movie you know you hosed up.

I also laughed at the fact that it is so shamelessly ripping off The Walking Dead. There's a car crash on an empty road (with super awesome CGI), a pregnant main character and a group holed up in a prison. It's like they were hoping they could somehow trick people into thinking they were watching The Walking Dead.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Tin Miss posted:

Wow, nothing will make you appreciate the acting, writing and special effects on The Walking Dead more than watching "Rise of the Zombies." I thought it would be decent considering it had recognizable actors, but nope, couldn't make it through more than 10 minutes. When Danny Trejo is giving the best performance in your movie you know you hosed up.

I also laughed at the fact that it is so shamelessly ripping off The Walking Dead. There's a car crash on an empty road (with super awesome CGI), a pregnant main character and a group holed up in a prison. It's like they were hoping they could somehow trick people into thinking they were watching The Walking Dead.

You should've kept watching. That pregnancy goes to places.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Tin Miss posted:

Car crashes and prisons were staples of the zombie genre before Walking Dead, rest assured nothing in Walking Dead is original.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I used to like Glenn before they changed him from "Quick dorky dude who is really good at scavange runs" to "Maggie's boyfriend/husband."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mylan posted:

I used to like Glenn before they changed him from "Quick dorky dude who is really good at scavange runs" to "Maggie's boyfriend/husband."

I'm not knocking your tastes but you technically just said "I used to like Glenn before he found a reason to live." Like, that's literally the character. He was a reckless child who risked his life without a thought until he fell in love and suddenly realized he actually wanted to live.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah and it made him boring.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not knocking your tastes but you technically just said "I used to like Glenn before he found a reason to live." Like, that's literally the character. He was a reckless child who risked his life without a thought loving Chinese ninja that could infiltrate zombie hordes for a can of soup and drives a god drat motherfucking stolen corvette with its anti-theft alarm blaring through zombies while flicking them the bird until he fell in love and suddenly realized he actually wanted to live. to be boring.

Needed to bring the post in line with the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Glen does suck now.

• Locked thread