Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
Parker Kligerman is a douche. Also, did I miss the bingo thread, or has that gone the way of Dale Sr.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Exi7wound posted:

Parker Kligerman is a douche. Also, did I miss the bingo thread, or has that gone the way of Dale Sr.?

What did he do?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Blazed the way for Aston Dillon to make the three car famous.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

guys like David Pearson who didn't run full time yet consistently beat Petty lmao

Got beat by Pete Hamilton too. Which shows how good those cars were. Then again I'm not sure if Petty was injured for some of that year but still, shows that the dude had great rides.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Exi7wound- Kidc stepped down as Bingo God and nobody stepped up to replace him.

If you were in Daytona a couple days ago, you can come out of your bomb shelters. The threat is over:

quote:

#42-Kyle Larson had the opportunity to fly with the US Air Force Thunderbirds on Tuesday Feb. 18, during a two-day break in the track schedule at DIS. Larson took to the skies with Major Tyler "Wolf" Ellison in a two-seater F-16 Falcon and flew over Central Florida doing aerobatic maneuvers with the Air Force's aerial demonstration team.(CGR)(2-20-2014)

front wing flexing posted:

This new loving ticker can suck it. Why change that but keep your gawdy as gently caress crank it up graphic?

Jayski says changes are coming.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
Harvick informed on Fox that his car failed tech postrace. He seems...nonplussed.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

Kwik posted:

Harvick informed on Fox that his car failed tech postrace. He seems...nonplussed.

It kind of looked like he knew it and was like oh well moving on. Doesn't matter anyway. I'm sure there's poo poo on other people's cars that NASCAR didn't catch.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

NASCAR drivers are loving stupid.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Welp,

edit: Truex :smith:

edit2: loving radical flip by Clint.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Hurr, were all locked in the field because 16th is loving 30 seconds behind us and qualifying DOES NOT MATTER HERE hurrrr lets run in a big pack and fight for the lead with our primary cars hurrrrrr

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mears makes it in because of the wreck :woop:

Gralk
Jun 18, 2005
Bowyer needs olympic judges for that landing and finish on pit road. There should be style points awarded.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
All they talk about is how safe the cars are and roof flaps and shark fins and it's the loving paved over grass that makes any difference.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

The 48 hosed up the math on fuel mileage to cause all that mess.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Kwik posted:

The 48 hosed up the math on fuel mileage to cause all that mess.

Ban Chad Knaus.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

gret posted:

Ban Chad Knaus.

and Adrian Newey too

er...wrong thread.

Seriously, gently caress those guys.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I am anxiously awaiting the field. Mears better be in dammit or I will be so bummed.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 2m

Landon Cassill has a black eye because he got hit by a car while riding his bike in Daytona. "But we made the Daytona 500 and she doesn't."
Expand

Nice.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

David Ragan gets a gift, all the past champions got in on time, or raced their way in, so he gets the last provisional. Of course, half the field is gonna go to backups, or change engines, so the lineup is gonna be jumbled anyway.

SPiTZ
Aug 9, 2004

Kwik posted:

David Ragan gets a gift, all the past champions got in on time, or raced their way in, so he gets the last provisional. Of course, half the field is gonna go to backups, or change engines, so the lineup is gonna be jumbled anyway.

I wonder why they even do the dance and put the lineup together with the 78 on the front row, etc.

I also wanted to say that the slow motion at the end of race #2 of the Truex's car bouncing up after the splitter catching the grass is one of the best slow motion captures Fox has done so far. I can't find a copy on Youtube yet.

My favorite slow motion cam shot is probably still this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUmpPwk2BMM (go to 1:13, time links apparently don't work here)

Any other good ones?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Two out of the three BK Racing cars didn't get in. Someone will have to explain to me how this team still exists since they seem to turnover their drivers every year.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Here's the lineup as the qualifying procedure is so confusing:
pre:
3  Dillon
78 M Truex 
20 Kenseth
11 Hamlin
5  Kahne
24 Gordon
9  Ambrose
41 Ku Busch
88 Earnhardt
27 Menard

98 Wise
33 Scott
43 Almirola
21 Bayne
47 Allmendinger
42 Larson
38 Gilliland
40 Cassill
31 Newman
15 Bowyer

14 Stewart
1  McMurray
26 Whitt
32 T Labonte
16 Biffle
52 B Labonte
10 Patrick
13 Mears
23 Bowman
99 Edwards

55 Vickers
48 Johnson
2  Keselowski (Speed)
17 Stenhouse  (Speed)
22 Logano     (Speed)
7  Annett     (Speed)
18 Ky Busch   (Points)
4  Harvick    (Points)
36 Sorensen   (Points)
51 Allgaier   (Points)

30 Kligerman  (Points)
66 Waltrip    (Points)
34 Ragan      (Points)
------
35 McClure    DNQ
95 McDowell   DNQ
87 Nemecheck  DNQ
83 R Truex    DNQ
93 Shepherd   DNQ
77 Blaney     Wth.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

Two out of the three BK Racing cars didn't get in. Someone will have to explain to me how this team still exists since they seem to turnover their drivers every year.

Burger King has a lot of money and a willingness to back ill-advised decisions, that's all I can figure.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Someone was telling me Toyota will be more involved with BK and Swan this year, as b-team development programs, akin to STR to Red Bull.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
I hate that poo poo they do with the Duels every god drat year where they make it seem like drivers are in danger of not making it into the 500. "Oh, no, Kyle Busch is not in a transfer spot! He's in danger of not making the 500!" No, gently caress you! He has a provisional, you morons! Annoys the poo poo out of me because they don't just straight out say he's in the race no matter what. I know they explained once or twice during the Duels but they kept on making it like it was a big deal despite that.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Harvick's DQ really shows another problem with NASCAR these days; why is there even a rule about something like maximum track bar split at all? :psyduck: They really need to pare back the rulebook, especially when it comes to things like chassis setup. I mean, what is the point of restricting everything so much? It doesn't save the teams money, because now they have to spend significantly more cash to gain even a small advantage, and clearly it doesn't make the racing any better. They just need to open it up a bit and let the crew chiefs and chassis guys get creative with some stuff.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So how many cars did Daytona qualifying and practice destroy? More or less then will get destroyed in the actual race? All to decide what 6 cars don't make the field of which 4 will start and park?

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

dennyk posted:

I mean, what is the point of restricting everything so much?
I'm not the most knowledgeable by far, but to hazard a guess I'd say its to keep the focus of the attention on the drivers, not the race shop. If there were 75% less setup rules, one guy or one team could run away with it for a few weeks. Just check the gently caress out at lap 5 and only need to keep flooring it, theoretically. This would mean the narrative they try to push of "the best drivers in the world" would be deprecated. The victory lane celebration would be reduced and the storyline of athleticism along with it. The last thing Nascar ever wants is for success to be interchangeable. It makes it harder to sell Nascar Inc. if the actual race isn't on the track.

Also, its an organization that has got that long heritage of rule mongering, so every problem is solved by adding just One More Rule, then, finally everything will be perfect. Oh that didn't work? Well, just One More Rule then should do 'er. Its like state and provincial government. Everything gets a few laws thrown at it, and if those dont work, well they throw a few more. Removing laws takes ages of lobbying, no matter how turned against the law that the public already are and how visibly silly the law is. The reason for this is, Because Its A Law so it must have been right when it was made, right? In only a few rare cases will a government say "this law was wrong, we misread everything and really didn't know the underlying factors". Its what it must be like within Nascar HQ.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

skaboomizzy posted:

My man Stick Stickly raced his way in so all is right in the world :toot:

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
SRA where do you watch the Daytona 500 from? Pits? Grandstands? Infield care centre? Some sort of secret wheelman's lounge like Disney's Club 33? Does an ARCA rep lift part of the chainlink and allow you guys to scurry under?

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

SRA where do you watch the Daytona 500 from? Pits? Grandstands? Infield care centre? Some sort of secret wheelman's lounge like Disney's Club 33? Does an ARCA rep lift part of the chainlink and allow you guys to scurry under?

If I can schmooze my way into a box up top, those are the best seats in the house, hands down. Failing that, I'll be on top of JC's motor coach in the infield. That's usually the best place to be at any given infield. Might walk over into the stands and kiss hands/shake babies with the fans at some point too. It really is awesome all the fun places a nice shiny hard card will get you into :D

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Elephanthead posted:

So how many cars did Daytona qualifying and practice destroy? More or less then will get destroyed in the actual race? All to decide what 6 cars don't make the field of which 4 will start and park?
I don't see any S&P cars in the 500 field this year.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

elmono311 posted:

I hate that poo poo they do with the Duels every god drat year where they make it seem like drivers are in danger of not making it into the 500. "Oh, no, Kyle Busch is not in a transfer spot! He's in danger of not making the 500!" No, gently caress you! He has a provisional, you morons! Annoys the poo poo out of me because they don't just straight out say he's in the race no matter what. I know they explained once or twice during the Duels but they kept on making it like it was a big deal despite that.

I totally agree. It is so ridiculous. It makes sense to point things out like when Tony Stewart wasn't in a transfer spot that meant the champions provisional was his and if he transferred it went to Kurt Busch and if he transferred it went to one of the Labontes. But them making GBS threads their pants because Kyle Busch didn't race his way in was loving stupid.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Maybe they're just loving retarded and they actually think that.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I think Mike Joy is just getting senile in his old age. He was yelling about contact between two cars when they didn't even touch each other.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Mike Joy owns, you bite your tongue or you will end up with Rusty Wallace back in the booth.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Bill Webber is just waiting for his comeback.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Oh yeah that loving bullshit no tandem rule is here.

e: For you guys wondering Nationwide qualifying is on using the new qualifying package.

e2: :lol: rain may make this be for nothing.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 21, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

e2: :lol: rain may make this be for nothing.

The Truck race is gonna be rained out tonight I bet :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Cannot Find Server posted:

The Truck race is gonna be rained out tonight I bet :(

The whole weekend from what I looked yesterday was going to be rained out. gently caress it return of Monday Night NASCAR and have them all race together, for guys doing double duty get recently retired guys to race and go for it.

• Locked thread