Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
I was relieved that Waltrip made the race so that piece of poo poo isn't running his stupid mouth in the booth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

The whole weekend from what I looked yesterday was going to be rained out. gently caress it return of Monday Night NASCAR and have them all race together, for guys doing double duty get recently retired guys to race and go for it.

Well, only 40% chance of rain tomorrow and Sunday. 80% today.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Harry J posted:

I was relieved that Waltrip made the race so that piece of poo poo isn't running his stupid mouth in the booth.

If the Big One collects him early enough, he'll scramble up there pretty quickly.

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

If the Big One collects him early enough, he'll scramble up there pretty quickly.

Knowing him he'll have his suit on under his drivers uniform.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I don't know the last few years he has been able to hold out for a while and at least make it to the wreck that happens with 10 to go rather than a wreck that happens in the first 50.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rain all weekend then Monday night put all Cup, Nationwide and Truck entries on the track simultaneously. Let ARCA guys fill in for Buschwhackers for maximum hilarity.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

rain all weekend then Monday night put all Cup, Nationwide and Truck entries on the track simultaneously. Let ARCA guys fill in for Buschwhackers for maximum hilarity.

So this would be like a sportscar race?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm 100% behind this idea. It'd be like another (shorter) Daytona 24h!

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

SRA into Danica's or Earnhardt's car. I'd laugh so much.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Burger King has a lot of money and a willingness to back ill-advised decisions, that's all I can figure.

Burger King the corporation doesn't sponsor the BK cars, it's a burger king franchisee that sponsors them. At least it used to be that way.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

Peanut President posted:

Burger King the corporation doesn't sponsor the BK cars, it's a burger king franchisee that sponsors them. At least it used to be that way.

To clear up this question it's one dude that owns a whole bunch of BKs and apparently also a good portion of Dr Pepper itself. Dude is purportedly fuckoff, gene-haas-style loaded. Forget his name though

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Ron Devine though I didn't think he was super rich just mildly rich.

"Burger King franchise owner, Ron Devine; and tomato grower, Wayne Press; joined Thomas Uberall, former race director of the Red Bull Racing Team, to acquire the assets of the former Red Bull operation following its closure after the 2011 season."

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
If Nationwide qualifying is unable to continue the lineup will be set by the speeds posted during the first qualifying session. The only notable that would miss the race according to my math is Chris Buescher in the Roush Fenway 60.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Get some rain tires and make them run the road course. With restrictor plates and superspeedway chassis.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
uh hello assholes, we have this thing called Air Titan

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Then run on the beach.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

uh hello assholes, we have this thing called Air Titan

So if we keep them circulating around the track then according to DW's vortex theory it'll keep the rain away.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rain more or less stopped and there isn't any more on its way according to the radar, so looks like the Truck race is on for tonight :toot:

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
Trucks bumped up to 7pm instead of 730 for anyone DVRing it..

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

I don't know how anybody thought this race was gonna start by 730 never mind 7pm. Looks we'll be lucky to see green by 745 or 8pm.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Race is starting now in case anyone stopped paying attention.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

gret posted:

So if we keep them circulating around the track then according to DW's vortex theory it'll keep the rain away.

Darrell Waltrip ‏@AllWaltrip 50m

Race tracks attract rain because of their bowl shape, vortex creates a circular motion and opens up the sky! Got to get moving!

Jesus Christ.

gently caress You Fox Sports for keeping this guy on broadcasts.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

Race tracks attract rain because of their bowl shape, vortex creates a circular motion and opens up the sky! Got to get moving!

Jesus Christ.

:stare:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Jesus Christ.

Bill Nye, you're next debate should be with DW and how loving weather doesn't work this way.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Holla Joey Coulter

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

... kiss hands/shake babies with the fans...

You prompted a spit-take. There's Corona on my display as we speak.

Are you doing Sonoma this year, or is it all ARCA and trucks for you?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Ok Fox Sports who was complaining that the ticker wasn't blocking more of the screen? You moved it from the right half of the screen to taking up 1/3 of the top of the screen. Progress but what was wrong with last year's ticker that didn't block so much of what we're trying to watch?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Competition cautions are bullshit and just reinforce that the first 75% of the race is a glorified practice session.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Exi7wound posted:

Yeah I read it first as shake hand and kiss babies and thought of Harvey Birdman, but it seems you did that joke. Bravo.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Dat outside lane.

Some Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 22, 2014

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Man your PR watching here too?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Exi7wound posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QMAQzrMcV0&t=43s

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

Uncle Jam posted:

Man your PR watching here too?

Best not to go pissing off the gods too badly. Never know

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Richard Petty has accepted Smoke's challenge to match race Danica.

I am not kidding.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/02/21/richard-petty-says-hell-race-dancia-patrick/5702169/

FuzzySkinner posted:

Jesus Christ.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

Holy poo poo Gluck goes in guns blazing :stare:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/02/21/nascar-changes-dont-address-track-product-daytona-500/5671417/

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Why yes, this seems much safer than pushing...

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
They're going to be pushing by the end. How could you not?

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

This just in: gently caress everything

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Slickdrac posted:

Why yes, this seems much safer than pushing...

As much as I'd like not to emptyqoute what I just said, Jesus gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

This just in: gently caress everything

Sorry about the truck

• Locked thread