Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Please tell me there are pictures of him as Mr. Teen New Hampshire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
To be completely fair, until the quad-tear Hunter was much smaller than he has been in ages. I would not be shocked if he wasn't on the juice up until the Quad-Tear, because when he came back he was puffed the gently caress up. He basically looks completely different to how he did, not even an age thing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HHH was smaller in 2000 than 02 but there's a big difference in his physique between, say September of 99 to RR 2000 that I always assumed he started hitting the juice once he was palced in the main events.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I just assume all wrestlers are on steroids all the time. It's easier that way.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I always thought HHH was on the juice but had a proportionate physique until his injury. During the injury he could only train upper body so naturally it looks like his shoulders are massive upon his return.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

triplexpac posted:

I loved when CM Punk was on the Nerdist podcast and Chris Hardwick admitted he didn't know much about wrestling, and only used to watch Memphis stuff back in the 70s. Hardwick implied that Punk had the body of a Greek god and his reaction was priceless, clearly the dude had never seen a single wrestler from the modern Age of Roids.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

triplexpac posted:

It's a fake sport where you generally make more money if you are bigger and more muscular than the next guy, so it's a pretty solid assumption that just about anyone is. Also, the amount of wrestlers who have died in their 30s and 40s from enlarged hearts and other heart-related ailments is a direct link to steroid and other drug abuse.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hear all about this John Morrison acting thing but cannot recall a single thing with him in it so is he in some Kurt Angle-type dogshit direct-to-DVD stuff or what?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Why did the WWE use the newer tag title lineage instead of their old one that dated back 50 years when they combined the belts?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sportsgenius86 posted:

I hear all about this John Morrison acting thing but cannot recall a single thing with him in it so is he in some Kurt Angle-type dogshit direct-to-DVD stuff or what?

How can you call Kurt Angle's acting dogshit? The movies he has been in he has not even been the worst actor!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bigass Moth posted:

Why did the WWE use the newer tag title lineage instead of their old one that dated back 50 years when they combined the belts?

They did the same thing with the Women's and Diva titles. Who knows what their mindset is?

And yet, they acknowledge that the US title is the same belt created in the 70's, and not a new creation.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

sportsgenius86 posted:

John Hennigan's IMDB Page

Sure looks that way.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hey. He's not in TNA. That's what is important.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

rotinaj posted:

Hey. He's not in TNA. That's what is important.

Yet, just give them time.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Probably better written than your average WWE show.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I don't necessarily assume everyone is, but Punk's the only wrestler in a major fed I'd be surprised to find out was juicing.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

It's a fake sport where you generally make more money if you are bigger and more muscular than the next guy, so it's a pretty solid assumption that just about anyone is. Also, the amount of wrestlers who have died in their 30s and 40s from enlarged hearts and other heart-related ailments is a direct link to steroid and other drug abuse.

On my list I counted 47 wrestlers who died of a heart attack or heart disease before the age of 50. Granted, that does include people who died of a heart attack induced by prescription/recreational drug overdose. The youngest wrestler who ever died of a heart attack? David Von Erich supposedly died of a heart attack induced by acute enteritis, age 25. If you don't believe that story, then the dubious honor falls to Russ Hass, who died at 27.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

sportsgenius86 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzMjcvZjHuM

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Thauros posted:

I don't necessarily assume everyone is, but Punk's the only wrestler in a major fed I'd be surprised to find out was juicing.

Isn't Henry pretty famously opposed to juicing as well?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^ Yeah I have never heard of him using steroids, but he was a body builder.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

bobkatt013 posted:

When that Signature pharmacy scandal happened and guys like Regal, Umaga, Edge, Shane Helms and Chavo got suspended for steroids, I basically decided there's no way to tell who's not on the juice.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

you can't tell me you wouldn't watch the poo poo out of this.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

I Before E posted:

Heh, pretty skinny Hercules if you ask me :smug:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Heh, pretty skinny Hercules if you ask me :smug:

You can't tell me this dude doesn't have a demigod physique. And hell, if movie magic can make Tom Cruise look regular height, it can size JoMo up.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Corrode posted:

Isn't Henry pretty famously opposed to juicing as well?

bobkatt013 posted:

Well, no, he was never a bodybuilder, but Henry was/is a powerlifter/weightlifter.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

triplexpac posted:

When that Signature pharmacy scandal happened and guys like Regal, Umaga, Edge, Shane Helms and Chavo got suspended for steroids, I basically decided there's no way to tell who's not on the juice.

Bryan's beard is definitely on something.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

I Before E posted:

You can't tell me this dude doesn't have a demigod physique. And hell, if movie magic can make Tom Cruise look regular height, it can size JoMo up.

Also, dude is only small in comparison to professional wrestlers. He's huge compared to anyone else. For a point of comparison, look at how much muscle mass Dwayne Johnson has deliberately lost for some of his roles.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Claytor posted:

Also, dude is only small in comparison to professional wrestlers. He's huge compared to anyone else. For a point of comparison, look at how much muscle mass Dwayne Johnson has deliberately lost for some of his roles.

Yes and guess what role he is playing this year?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Steroids help recovery, so a 'small' wrestler using them isn't surprising - he still gets a benefit.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes and guess what role he is playing this year?

Shut your mouth

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I Before E posted:

Oh I thought he was going to be in the Rock's Hercules movie

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Red posted:

Well, no, he was never a bodybuilder, but Henry was/is a powerlifter/weightlifter.

Henry is a genetic freak and his only job is to be huge. Even though he denies it, drug use/doping is rampant in weight lifting and the Olympics, so it's not out of the question to assume he did/does. Hell, Cena denies using and there is zero chance he isn't 90% HGH by this point. CM Punk is one of the few guys I would assume doesn't use due to his outspoken drug-free views, but I've known plenty of straight edge guys who don't consider steroids a harmful drug and have used so you never know.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Straight-edge ranges from "won't drink or do heroin" all the way to those insane hardline people. Obviously Punk is normal enough to drink Pepsi, but I wonder where he falls on the spectrum.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

Henry is a genetic freak and his only job is to be huge. Even though he denies it, drug use/doping is rampant in weight lifting and the Olympics, so it's not out of the question to assume he did/does. Hell, Cena denies using and there is zero chance he isn't 90% HGH by this point. CM Punk is one of the few guys I would assume doesn't use due to his outspoken drug-free views, but I've known plenty of straight edge guys who don't consider steroids a harmful drug and have used so you never know.

I wouldn't disagree with you at all. I think Bryant Gumbel did a Real Sports on steroids a few years ago, and it spends the first half hour profiling a weightlifter who's become a trainer, and he's the fattest little guy ever. And he's roiding.

Still, the only (male) wrestlers from the last decade or so that are skinnier than CM Punk (that I can recall) are Colin Delaney, Spike Dudley, Gillberg, and Zach Gowen.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

I am pretty sure Steen does not do steroids. :colbert:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh I thought he was going to be in the Rock's Hercules movie

No, Hercules does not meet The Shaman of Sexy on his journey.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

I am pretty sure Steen does not do steroids. :colbert:

Is ham a steroid?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

That said, looking at Punk's build, there aren't any telltale signs he abuses HGH or Steroids. For me, the best physique on a wrestler who claimed he was never on roids that I actually believed was Lance Storm.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

You know everybody else was juicing because when people shoot they always go out of their way to talk about how Lance never did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
What gets me is that years ago I read an interview where, as late as like 2002, Raven was claiming that Triple H never did steroids. I don't know if he was basing this on pre- or post-comeback Triple H, but if there's one thing I assume Raven knows about, it's substance abuse.